30

What Matters

 

 

“She won't like this, not one bit.” Khun murmured as he sat on the bench, he glanced at his teammates who were practicing.

People were now speculating about the mystery guest from last night’s party. The only thing they were sure of was that, Inhye was related to Kai. They posted tons of photos of Kai and her together.

Khun puffed his cheeks.

He had a feeling this piece of news would drive her sister insane.

 

“You..” Kai trailed off as they walked towards the hospital’s garden.

“What is it?”

“Seem to be in a good mood.”

“I think some things are working out well, don’t you think?”

Kai’s brows furrowed briefly.

“What do you mean by that? The..articles?”

“They’re all saying I might be JeGuk’s third child and all, it’s exactly what I want them to think.”

“Ah.” Kai nodded solemnly.

“Ah?” Inhye tugged on his sleeve and eyed him warily.

“You were the one who was so fond of this idea, and just “ah”?”

“Inhye…there are things you must have missed.”

“Like what?” She smiled, Kai pursed his lips.

“But promise me…you wont..”

Inhye started to take out her phone as he spoke, then she blanched. Her fingers tightened around her phone before putting it back in her pocket.

“You own Kwanghye.” She stated and looked straight at him.

“My..family does.”

He saw how Inhye’s expression changed.

“All this time..you never told me.”

“Inhye, I~” Kai tried to reach for her hand, but Inhye pulled away.

“This…You’re impossible.” She muttered before turning back towards the building.

 

Kai slammed the folder on the table, causing the whole PR and Publicity team to jump.

“Why didn’t anyone control this?!” He snapped.

“Sir~”

“This isn’t just me, JeGuk too! This lady…it’s true, she’s JeGuk’s daughter. How could you let false articles about her residency at our hospital spread out?”

“How come no one stopped this?!”

“Director, those photos~”

“I don’t care about those photos, she’s an employee of our hospital, keep her name clean.”

 

Inhye shut the door behind her, she found Luhan lounging on her office chair.

“I know what you’re thinking.”

“It’s a mistake.” She replied.

“No, it isn’t. No one knew who he was.”

“I knew who he was, KimSan’s heir. I didn’t know KimSan owned this place.” She almost snapped.

“That’s why I’m going to ask you this,”

Inhye eyed Luhan.

“Why does it matter?”

“What do you mean?” She murmured as she walked to her bookshelf.

“Everyone knows how you work, you’ve excelled a lot, those rumors~”

“You don’t get it. Being with him is a mistake!”

“No, it isn’t.”

“I’ve carefully planned this, Luhan. I’ll admit who I really am when only I have proven what I can do, then this!”

“This issue doesn’t matter, do you think if you dated Kai, you’d pass all those surgeries? Can you cheat a surgery operation?! I don’t think so, Lee Inhye.”

“Still,~”

“The problem is, you always think what people would say, they don’t matter, mei. We all know what you’re capable of. This rumor with Kai is nothing compared to all the things med school has put you through. So, why,”

Inhye looked away.

“Why do you have to make him suffer? You…you’re also hurting yourself.”

“What are you saying?”

“You like him back and yet you keep pushing him away.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++