4

What Matters

 

 

“Does that even make sense?” Khun said, they were taking off their skates form practice, Junho chuckled beside him.

“Ya, that girl has been following around, be nice.”

Khun glanced over at the young lady who was waiting behind the glass panels.

He stood and walked to the locker room.

 

Inhye cursed as she stepped out of the hospital, it was raining hard. She took out her wallet then she cursed again.

They call me a genius everywhere, I even forgot to bring my wallet.

“Doctor?”

She turned.

 

Kai looked at the doctor, who looked even younger than him.

“Kim Jongin-ssi, right?” She gave him a polite nod.

“Are you going home?” Kai asked, glancing at the large droplets that were falling on the pavement.

“Yes, I am. Right, I forgot to tell you, I just checked your father’s vitals, its safe to say that you can relax now.”

Kai smiled, then she remembered how she called Siwon his full name earlier, it was kind of blunt and rude, but somehow it intrigued him.

“Then, I’ll give you a ride home.”

She shook her head.

“It’s fine, I~”

“Then, drop you somewhere else?”

“It’s really okay,” She waved to a taxicab.

“Then, I’ll be going okay.”

Kai nodded and watched as she got in the car, he smiled to himself. It was his first time to offer a ride to a lady, he was rejected.

 

Khun was just putting on his sweater when his phone rang, he grinned in surprise as he glanced at the screen.

“What’s this? You rarely call me.”

“Oh, oppa,” Inhye said coolly.

“I’m outside your training court, it’s raining and I don’t have my wallet with me, can you pay the taxi for me?”

 

Kai arrived at his condo and called his secretary.

“Yes, director, I just got the report, the doctors at Kwanghye are well accredited, we can trust them with president.”

He nodded to himself, it was just for precaution, he wanted his father to be safe and healthy.

“Two of the doctors who operated were their top residents, Xi Luhan and Lee Inhye, with head surgeon Min Sangjoon.”

Kai’s brows rose briefly, then he bent down and to rub his pet’s ears.

“Lee Inhye…find out about her.”

“Yes, I understand.”

 

Khun stepped out of the locker room.

“Oppa!” The girl smiled at him, he winced.

“Sekyung-ah,” He said.

“Have you eaten dinner? Let’s eat.”

Then he saw Inhye coming.

“Oppa, money.” She stretched her palm to him, Khun took out his wallet and tossed it to her, Inhye disappeared again.

Sekyung blinked at him.

“Oppa, who~”

Inhye was panting slightly as she came back and returned his wallet.

“Oppa, you’ll drive me home right? It’s raining like crazy outside.” Inhye said, then she saw Sekyung, as if finally seeing her there beside her sibling.

“Excuse me, but how can you ask him that? Who are you?” Sekyung turned to her.

Khun smiled.

“I can, but ahjumma, who are you?” Inhye asked bluntly.

“Mwo!? Ah—jumma?”

“I have to go Sekyung-ah, Inhye, come on.” Khun chuckled to himself before pulling his sister with him.

 

Kai stepped out of his flat then he heard the elevator doors opened, his dog followed him.

He held on to the leash as he heard people talking.

“Oh, Kai!”

He looked up and saw Khun with doctor Lee.

He blinked.

“Hyung, how have you been doing?” He said, then he saw Inhye glance at his dog.

“I’ve been well, but your father…?”

“He’s dad is doing well, oppa.” Inhye smiled before kneeling to his dog, then she patted his pet’s head.

“I have one too, a rott.” She said before standing again.

“Then, I’ll be going, just drive the car I gave you.” Khun patted her cheek and turned to Kai.

“I’ll visit tomorrow, bye.” He nodded before getting in the elevator.

Inhye walked to her door and glanced at Kai.

“We’re neighbors?” She asked, Kai nodded.

Then she entered her home.

 

Kai glanced at the elevator and at Inhye’s doors.

Khun gave her a car, and Siwon took her out.

Is she…?

He shook his head.

Somehow, he felt suspicious.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++