10

What Matters

Inhye pursed her lips as she read the charts before her.

“So, how was the party?”

“Don’t try to hide it, you know.” Inhye said, Luhan nodded and plopped beside her.

“I don’t think I can allow this, oppa….it’s clear he doesn’t want it.”

“Then talk to your agung, you’re good with that.”

Inhye shook her head.

“He announced it in public, it will be public.”

Luhan’s brows rose.

“Ah, how’d it go with the neighbor?”

Inhye shook her head.

“I didn’t know his family is close with mine.”

Luhan smiled to himself.

“So, you spoke to him.”

“Duh, Luhan, duh.” She rolled her eyes before standing up.

“But you rarely speak to other males!” He defended.

“Don’t think that way.” Inhye shook her head before leaving the room.

 

“Someone told me you were seen with a girl yesterday.” Mrs. Kim started, Kai wanted to sigh.

“Kai~”

“Eomma, she was just someone I knew and we talked for a while.”

She smiled.

“Well, Siwon’s getting married, shouldn’t you be thinking about that too?”

Kai wanted to roll his eyes.

“Honestly, I’m not thinking about it, eomma, I have work to think about first.” He replied as he picked up his cup of coffee, they were at a coffee shop across the hospital.

“But they said this girl looked…nice.”

Nice. Kai smiled to himself. Inhye was dressed nicely yesterday, she wore the clothes of her chaebol standard.

“She’s just a friend~” He trailed off as Inhye entered the café.

 

“Why would you want me to meet her?” Inhye snapped, she felt like her head was about to explode, she had just gotten out from a thirteen hour operation.

“Inhye,” Siwon sighed.

“Oppa, you’re not sacrificial lamb, I know you don’t want to do it, then don’t.”

“Inh~”

“I’ll talk to you later, I’ll drop by haraboji’s.” She put her phone down and ordered.

“Hot chocolate please.” She said, then she turned for the tables, then she paused.

 

“We meet again.” Yoo Semi smiled at her, Inhye groaned mentally.

“I don’t know how you’re acquainted with Siwon oppa and Khun oppa, but….you know where this is going right?”

“Actually, I don’t.” Inhye replied, Semi crossed her Cartier bangle laden arms at her.

“A person of your…status shouldn’t really be….seen with them, and Siwon oppa’s my fiancé.”

Inhye chuckled before grabbing cup from the counter.

“So, if you’re the fiancé, who do you think I am?” She mused.

 

Kai shook his head, then his mother stood up.

“I have to visit your father, don’t skip meals.” She chided, Kai nodded as he walked her to the doors, then he went back.

“Why do I have to think about that?” Semi scoffed.

“Doctor?” Kai asked, the two ladies turned to her.

“Ya, Semi-yah, why are you disturbing her?” He smiled before gently pulling Inhye and tucked her under his arm. Inhye’s brows rose up, but she remained quiet.

“Oh? You know her?”

“She’s my favorite doctor at Kwanghye, don’t be rude to her.” Kai said good naturedly before pulling Inhye with him.

 

Khun’s smile grew wide as he saw Kai and Inhye stepped out of café, he noticed how his little sister wasn’t reacting to the arm around her.

“I hate her.”

“Wow, now that you’re being this way, you don’t seem like the calm genius I know.” Kai said.

“I need to talk to haraboji, oh, oppa.” Inhye glanced at her sibling.

“You asked me to pick you up, it seems like~”

“Aniya, let’s go to haraboji first.” Then she turned to Kai and handed the cup of hot choco to him.

“Thanks for stopping me from giving her first degree burn.” A glint of playfulness appeared in her eyes before turning away.

 

“What are you saying now, Inhye?” The Choi elder frowned.

“Haraboji, why would you do this to oppa? He doesn’t want to get married.”

“This is something we must do, Inhye, your older brother has agreed to this.”

“He doesn’t want to do it, oppa…he~”

“What is this to you, Inhye? You’re the one who doesn’t accept our family!” He snapped at her, Inhye looked away.

“This..Yoo Semi…she’s not good, she wont make oppa happy.”

“You don’t know her, Inhye.”

She shook her head and stood up.

“I think I do, haraboji.”

 

 

Inhye slid down from the taxi, then she was met by a bark. She saw Kai waving at her by the park.

“Hi.” She said as she crossed to them and knelt beside Ryder.

“Now you greet my dog, instead of me?” Kai smiled.

She just sighed and sat beside her.

“So, how’d the haraboji talk go?”

“Don’t ask about it.”

Kai smiled.

“Did he throw the, you’re not even accepting as us family thing?”

Inhye’s eyes widened.

“How did you know?”

“It’s the only thing he can use to send you to a guilt trip, doc.” Kai shrugged, Inhye shook her head.

“Ya, I’m craving for ddeokbukki, wanna come with me?” She asked, Kai stood up pulling the leash with him.

 

 

“Your treat?” He turned and smiled at her.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

okaaay, i know, i ...like so much.

i just feel so tired nowadays, sorry guys :>

comments are <3