24

What Matters

“That was weird.”

Inhye almost jumped, Luhan was leaning casually by the building’s entrance.

“Why are you here?” Inhye eyed him, Luhan looked at Kai and Jangmin across the street.

“He was clearly waiting for you, then she arrived. And started to drag him out, but he stayed put. How could you do that to him?”

“Luhan~”

“And, I saw how you attempted to run away, lame one Inhye.”

“What are~”

“You felt uncomfortable right? Aigoo, are you getting territorial now,~”

“Luhan!” She snapped, Luhan just chuckled and produced a small paper bag behind him.

“You left your clothes at the office, I decided to drop by and hand you these.”

“Thanks, you’re the best, as usual.”

Luhan just rolled his eyes at her before walking to his car. Inhye bit her lip and glanced back, Kai and Jangmi had left in his car.

She shook her head before heading in the building.

 

Inhye nestled comfortably on the couch and looked at the screen, it was a Friday night and it meant movie night to her.

She was clad in a lavender sweater and her favorite shorts as she lay lazily, then she heard the doorbell. She blinked before standing.

“Kai?” She murmured as she glanced at the screen and opened the door.

Kai looked at her before raising a bag on his hand.

“I bought fishcakes.” He smiled cheekily, Inhye smiled and opened the door.

“Come in.”

Instantly, Snow and Coco welcomed the guest.

“You could have just come with us, doc.”

Inhye shrugged as she got the bag from him and plopped back on the couch, wrapping her arms around Snow.

“Movies?” Kai grinned and sat beside her.

“Jangmi likes you, don’t argue.” She chuckled, Kai shook his head.

“She’s like a sister to me.”

She nodded, Snow leapt down from her arms.

“Kai?”

Kai turned to her.

“Thanks for letting me bail out on you.” She mused, Kai just smiled and gently wrapped his arms around her.

“I know seeing that woman from earlier made you feel down, I’m just here, so….don’t pretend that you’re okay, doc.”

Inhye’s brows furrowed but she just let him hug her.

 

“Why is she here?” Khun murmured to Mrs. Choi beside him, the elder lady just shook his head.

“Be nice, she was the one who raised Inhye.” She patted his arm.

“Eomma, you did that, she was the one who handed Inhye to us because she thought she could use her to get to abeoji.”

Mrs. Choi sighed at her second son and glanced at Kang Heekyung, she was speaking with some of Jeguk Group’s part.

“Think about it, she’s a New York Socialite, what would she want here?”

“Just watch about your sister, Khun, run along now.” She smiled.

Khun grumbled and ed his coat before greeting the guests.

 

 

Kai nodded along as he hung out with his friends, Park Chanyeol and Kim Suho.

“I think this time, Khun hyung will be busy.” Chanyeol grinned, they were along with the other guests for the opening. It was a huge ballroom hall, walled by glass that overlooked the resort.

“But, you punk, I saw the papers.” Suho slapped his arm.

“Did you, hyung?” Kai rolled his eyes.

“That pretty lady, some say she’s a doctor.” Chanyeol added, Kai’s brows rose up.

“How did you know?”

“Rumors are everywhere, you know.”

Kai remembered, the Parks owned most of the broadcasting companies in the country.

“No worries, Chanyeol would never release that.” Baekhyun grinned while approaching them.

“But does she know?” Yeol looked up, Kai shook his head.

“Know what?” Suho asked.

“Kwaghye Hospital, Kai’s family owns it.”

 

Inhye looked up and smiled at the huge edifice. The entrance to the resort looked grand under the sun, she watched as well dressed VIPs stepped in the place. She parked her Range Rover beside her brother’s car.

She was clad in a high waisted pair of white shorts with a sleeveless silk top tucked in.

“What role am I playing again?” She asked as Khun picked up after two rings.

“Kai’s plus one.”

“What?!” She paused as she slung her Saint Laurent purse around her shoulder.

“Oppa, you~”

“You can’t be my plus one, honey, it would be too suspicious.” Khun chuckled before ending the call.

 

 

“Heol.” Inhye shook her head and walked towards the entrance.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++