6

What Matters

 

 

 

Inhye parked her Audi at the Chois’ curb, she glanced at the house she grew up in. it was probably one of the biggest houses in the neighborhood. She grabbed her purse and opened the back door to let her dogs out.

“Go.” She smiled as the two dashed to the garden.

Inhye noticed the white Bentley parked by the gates, her brows rose and she went in the house.

 

“So, any reason for dragging me up here? I haven’t greeted haraboji yet.” She said as she leaned on the shelf behind her.

Siwon and Khun looked at her. It was one of those rare occasions when Inhye actually dressed her status, clad in a pair of skinny jeans and a white tube top that looked elegant on her petite frame and her Lanvin pumps.

She stared at her siblings briefly.

“Did any of you impregnate someone?” She asked.

They threw her a withering look, Inhye stretched her palms and planted them on her brothers’ forehead.

“Spill, I’m not waiting forever.” She sighed.

“I think they’re setting me up.” Siwon said, Khun leaned back.

“Marriage?” Inhye asked, before anyone could reply, she slipped out of the room.

Inhye walked to the stairs then her phone started to ring endlessly. Soon, a whirl of silver was seen driving out of the driveway.

 

Kai felt the knots in his stomach tensed as nurses crowded around his father’s bed, something was happening but all the medical terms they were barking made him confused.

Then they looked up as a familiar doctor ran to them.

Kai looked at him, it was Doctor Xi from the Cardiology department.

“We need to call his surgeon, is Doctor Lee around?” He asked, instantly, Kai looked around.

Then there she was, running in her heels and tube top. The nurses made way for her.

“Proceeding with the heart massage.” Luhan announced, Inhye studied to stitches that were slowly starting to heal, then the male nurses started to look elsewhere.

Kai frowned.

Inhye and tube top, awkward position.

 

Khun smiled as the meal started, Semi was trying to coax his older brother to talk but she failed. Siwon felt uncomfortable, and they needed Inhye, aka, genius sister to talk the elders out of this arrangement.

“She seems to have some emergency at the hospital.” Siwon’s mother announced.

“Really? How unfortunate.” Yoo Semi pouted.

“Did she bring her car?” Siwon looked up, Khun nodded.

“I heard she was a doctor? Then she’s..an unnie to me?”

“No, Inhye’s our youngest.” Siwon replied, haraboji nodded.

“Our Inhye went to med school when she was twelve, she’s almost finishing her residency as of now.” Mrs. Choi smiled proudly.

“It’s a waste…Inhye’s very…pleasant with surprises though, right hyung?” Khun grinned at his sibling.

 

Inhye sighed and stood up straightly again, Luhan slapped her shoulder.

“What?!” She hissed, then she felt something warm drop on her shoulders, she turned and was met by dark brows orbs.

“Kim Jongin-ssi.”

“Well, it’s kind of odd seeing my neighbor almost….” Kai nodded to her, Inhye blinked.

“Lab gown.” Luhan hummed before leaving the nurses to tend to the patient.

“Mr. Kim’s vitals are back to normal now, sometimes seizures can occur after the operation, but there’s nothing to worry now, I’ll be constantly checking on him later.” Luhan turned to Kai before closing the door.

“Everything he said, is right.” Inhye said trying to remove the coat from her shoulders, but Kai shook his head at her.

“Return them when you get your gown or coat.”

“But how~”

 

“We’re neighbors, remember?” He smiled at her.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++