9

What Matters

 

 

She was dressed rather modestly in a sleeveless peplum dress that hugged her curves nicely, her pearl earrings making her glow more. People glanced at her as she passed.

Inhye looked around then she paused.

She saw her brother walk on the stage, then Inhye’s brows rose.

Semi was with him.

“Did I come in too late?” She murmured, she felt a hand on her back.

“Sort of.”

“Kai.” She said, Kai shrugged at her.

“Is this your bug reveal?”

“Is this how you speak to your father’s doctor?”

Kai just gave her a teasing grin.

“Inhye.” Khun was walking to them, she smiled at her brother.

“Yoo Semi, oppa’s…fiancé of some sort?”

Kai’s brows rose, remembering the scene Semi caused at the hospital weeks ago.

Inhye studied Siwon’s expression as people clapped for the new couple, she heard Khun sigh slightly.

“What is haraboji planning?”

 

“Khun, hi!” Semi chirped as they walked to the three, Inhye’s brows rose briefly.

“Kai, been a long time.” Siwon nodded, slapping Kai on the shoulder, then he met eyes with his sister.

“In~”

“Congratulations, Mister Choi.” Inhye offered her hand, Siwon shook it, confused.

“Ah, you’re the doctor from~”

“I’m sorry, I have not yet the pleasure of being introduced to you, and I’m not curious to know your name. I need to go.”

Kai hid his smile as Inhye stepped back and left. Khun’s brows rose and looked at his brother.

“How do you know her? She works for the Kwanghye Hospital.” Semi stated flatly.

“They know her well.” Kai nodded before following the other girl.

 

“No, just no.” Inhye groaned as she stepped out. Her brother marrying someone like Semi, she shuddered.

She knew, Siwon didn’t want the marriage, but he was never the type to reject haraboji’s wishes.

“So, you have the overprotective streak in you too?”

Inhye didn’t bother to turn as Kai kept pace with her.

“But, doctor Lee, I don’t understand why you have to keep who you really are.”

Inhye glanced at him.

“I want..to succeed on my own, just…that.”

“I don’t think you can buy yourself a doctor’s licence.” Kai said, Inhye smiled.

“But I get it.” He nodded to himself, keeping his hands in his pockets. Inhye looked at him, he looked good in an all black suit and red necktie.

“By standing beside you at a place filled with socialites, I have a feeling they want to know who I am.” She said.

“And we don’t want them to know, so let’s go.” Kai said and gave her a nod.

 

“A rendezvous with the neighbor, awesome.” Kai said.

“You and your choice of words.” Inhye eyed him warily before sitting down. They were at a 24/7 mart.

“So, how did you manage to keep yourself hidden? I almost grew up with Siwon and Khun hyung, but I never even heard of you.”

“Is this an interview?”

“Depends on how you see it. But I’m a safe person.”

“Well, I studied overseas and…came here for med school. But I kept in touch with my family.”

“Then while finishing your residency, you manage to verbally harass Yoo Semi?” Kai chuckled, Inhye hit his arm.

“I’ve been wondering, I read articles about you.” Inhye looked at him.

“Partying, girls….and just plain trouble. Then you left.”

Kai nodded for her to continue.

“Is it safe to be friends with you?”

“What do you think?”

“Well….you do have a Rottweiler, that means you must have patience to train him.”

“So, I’m not bad news?” Kai asked, Inhye shook her head.

“You know my brothers, my family, you’ll do well, friend.” Inhye nodded.

“But this doesn’t mean that I’ll help you extinguish Yoo Semi, alright?”

Then she laughed, Kai leaned back and just watched her.

 

“It’s okay, I’ll look for a way.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

 

comments are <3

 

sorry for the slow updates. i had writer's block for almost a week :>