19

What Matters

Luhan chuckled at his friend.

“I don’t know how to say this, but….congratulations on your first..scandal!”

Inhye shook her head and sat beside him.

“You know….he’s back.”

Luhan’s brows rose.

“Did you meet him?”

“..Briefly, he said..” Inhye pressed her palms together before leaning on Luhan’s shoulder.

The two were at the hospital’s rooftop, drinking coffee.

“He..wants to get back together.”

“I hope you said no.” Luhan commented.

“I don’t know…Just seeing him back, I….It made things complicated.” Inhye bit her lip, Luhan nodded and combed her hair with his fingers in a comforting manner.

“Just..be careful, I don’t like him, you know that.”

Inhye just frowned.

“My oppas too.”

 

Inhye winced as her two brothers stepped in the living room, Siwon was back.

“Eomma just left.” Inhye murmured, remembering how her mother had told her that Siwon may be a little pissed at her.

A little?

Inhye shook her head.

“I have nothing against Kai, I know you two just ate. But Jung Daehyun?” Siwon sighed.

Inhye eyed Khun warily.

“I had to tell him, you wouldn’t listen to me,” Khun reasoned.

“Look, I don’t, no, we don’t want you to get hurt again. He…You don’t need him in your life, baby girl.” Siwon said.

“Oppa, I just had coffee with him and we talked, just that.”

“Yeah, until he showed up at your place.” Khun crossed his arms.

Inhye bit her lip, she knew she’d rather not argue with them.

“Arasso, I wont meet him again.”

“Good, if he bothers you again, call me.” Khun looked pleased, Siwon just shook his head.

“We have an opening next week, come.” Siwon said.

“Where?”

“Jeju.”

“Oppa~”

“I’ll have driver Jang pick you up, or the helicopter perhaps?” Siwon grinned at her. Inhye groaned and stood up.

“Bye guys.”

 

“I don’t like this.” Khun said as they watched Inhye’s Audi speed out from the gates.

“You know how much he hurt her before, why would she want to meet him still?”

Siwon shook his head.

“But hyung, her and Kai…”

“Let’s not assume anything yet, I’m sure they’re just friends.”

“So, you approve?” Khun’s eyes lit up.

“Just get to your practice, Khun.”

 

Inhye parked her car and walked to towards the revolving doors, then she saw a familiar figure dressed in a sleeveless hoodie and a hat.

“Out for a jog?” She asked.

“I just came back, have you eaten?”

She shook her head.

“Then, shall I cook for you?”

“You wont poison me, right?” She mused as they went inside the lobby.

“Considering I just saved you from a somewhat clingy ex, its too early for that.”

Inhye smiled, then she noticed his pale complexion.

“Ya, you don’t look so well, are you feeling ill?” She raised her palm to his forehead. Kai tensed slightly, but he just smiled and took her wrist.

“I’m okay, doc. Come on.” He grinned before pulling her towards the elevator.

 

“So, how did that…article go for you?” Inhye asked, she was sitting at the counter while Kai sliced the vegetables.

“People have been talking, but…” He just shrugged.

Then he looked up, Inhye was looking at her phone. He slowly moved towards her and peeked.

“He’s calling.” He murmured, Inhye jumped slightly.

“Don’t answer it, well, if you don’t want to.” He nodded, Inhye chuckled.

“But, do you still like…him?” He asked before gesturing for her to go down from the counter.

“I..dont know. I don’t want to come down.” She replied.

“You’re going to fall and break your neck.”

“I can self medicate.”

“No.” Kai said before lifting her down from the counter and setting her on the floor.

Inhye rolled her eyes and followed him to the kitchen.

“Oh! It’s alive.” Inhye stared at the crabs inside the basket. Then she bent down and tried to poke the animals with a chopstick.

Inhye grinned, completely ignoring Ryder who was barking at the crabs. Kai just laughed at her.

tumblr_mywxdn6pMv1ru8saco6_250.gif

Inhye turned to him, then she paused.

Lately, why was she always with this stranger?

This stranger with a beautiful smile.

She looked up to meet his eyes.

“When are you going to cook them?” She asked.

Kai just grinned and took the chopstick from her.

 

“As soon as you put that endlessly ringing phone of yours in silent mode.” Kai poked her cheek before heading towards the sink.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++