32

What Matters

 

Inhye groaned when Snow, and all her forty-five pounds jumped on her. She sat up as her pet stalked away and began on barking at her phone. She grumbled and stood up to grab her phone.

“What’s with you?”

She turned to the screen and was surprised to see a long list of missed calls from her brothers and Luhan.

She dialed Siwon’s number first.

“Oh, oppa, mian, I was slee~”

“Come to the hospital, quick!”

Inhye blinked.

“It’s Kai, he got into an accident!”

 

Inhye ran inside the lobby and proceeded towards the operating room. She found Kai’s secretary and his parents waiting by the door. She halted, worry was eating her deep inside.

She called one of the nurses.

“Who’s in charge of the operation?” She pointed towards the red light on top of the sliding glass doors.

“It’s Doctor Xi and Doctor Moon, doctor Xi has been trying to reach you earlier, doctor.”

Inhye winced.

“What happened to him?”

“He was at a renovation site earlier, one of the metal rods fell on him. He’s suffering from internal bleeding.”

 

Inhye bit her lip as she slowly stepped away from the elders. She was frowning deeply as she headed towards the elevator. She knew people were all staring at her, but she didn’t care. All her thoughts were on Kai.

She felt guilty. She felt sorry for being unreasonable.

Before she could press the button, she was suddenly pushed forward. Her eyes widened as she saw a group of reporters surrounding her.

“Miss Lee, how long have you known that you’re the late Choi Jinguk’s daughter?”

“Why were you kept hidden?”

“Is it true about you and KimSan’s heir Kim Jongin? Are you two in a relationship?”

“How does the Chairman feel about this?”

Inhye stepped back, she winced as she felt the wall collide with her back.

“How is mister Kim’s condition?”

She felt someone pull her away, Khun stood before his sister.

“Please, we will release an article this afternoon, so stop bothering her.”

 

 

Inhye was silent as she sat with her older brother.

“Siwon hyung’s at the office, he’s taking care of the articles.”

She nodded and looked at her palms.

“Inhye, what’s bothering you?”

“The last conversation I had Kai, we fought. I was mad at him.”

“Mad?”

“I didn’t know they owned the hospital, oppa.”

Khun’s brows furrowed.

“I know, I’m such a child.” She laughed bitterly.

“Luhan’s right, and I know what you’re about to say. It shouldn’t matter. But…I don’t know what got into me.”

“People are talking about you and how you just used Kai?” Khun asked carefully. She nodded.

“I guess my ambition blinded me.”

“We all mistakes, baby girl.” Khun wrapped one arm around her.

Inhye nodded as tears started to slowly stain her cheeks.

“He has to get well, oppa.”

Khun just nodded and hugged her.

 

“That idiot, Kim Jongin. I like him.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++