5

What Matters

 

“But haraboji….why would you do this?” Khun muttered, Siwon remained silent.

He knew it would come, but he wasn’t expecting it to be soon.

“Your father asked to do this, Siwon-ah.”

Khun glanced at Siwon’s mother, they called her eomma, even Inhye. She wasn’t the stereotyped first wife like in the dramas, she was nice and warm, just like a real mother.

“Have…you told Inhye about this?” Siwon looked up.

“Still…not yet.”

Khun wanted to smile, surely Inhye wouldn’t like it.

Not one bit.

 

Inhye sighed inwardly.

“What do you mean I cant get in?” The lady before her argued, she felt nurse Jo behind her tense.

“It’s ICU, only~”

“I am immediate family and~”

“We have visiting hours, please just come back this afternoon.” Inhye said politely, but she was growing stiff.

“Do you even know who I am?!” She hissed, Inhye sighed inwardly again.

“You’re just a resident and you dare talk back?!”

 

Kai stepped out of the elevator when he heard someone shouting. Other patients were also looking.

“I’m sure you are well respected person, but you can’t go in.”

He recognized Inhye. Then he looked at the girl.

“What? You~” She was about to raise her hand when Kai caught her wrist.

 

Inhye looked up and saw Kai holding onto the girl’s arm.

“Ya, Yoo Semi, you shouldn’t be doing that.” He said lightly.

“Do you know this doctor? She wont let me see my brother!”

“Of course, it’s the ICU, they have rules here, go on.” Kai tugged on her arm, the girl glared at Inhye before walking away.

“You came to visit?” She asked, Kai nodded.

“People like her…..” Kai glanced at Semi.

“It’s fine, we get that a lot, then, have a good day.” Inhye nodded before leaving.

Kai grinned, she was kind of odd yet there was something about her.

“I researched about miss Lee, sir. She’s called a genius, she went to med school at the age of 12 and is currently finishing her residency. Everyone knows her capabilities.”

Kai watched as she entered one of the wards, then he left.

 

“I heard you almost got slapped.” Luhan said as Inhye and him stepped out of the hospital.

“Word spread that fast?” Inhye grinned at him, he chuckled before pulling her with him to cross the street.

“But, Inhye-ah, I need to go back.”

“China? Again?” She asked.

“I might need to stay along, my father’s looking for me, you’ll survive without me right?”

Inhye rolled her eyes at him.

 

Kai was waiting for his car when he saw the two doctors cross the street, he saw how the young male wrapped his arms around Inhye.

Then the image of Khun and Siwon came to his mind.

He managed to smile again,

Just who are you, Lee Inhye?

Then his phone started to ring.

“Yes, eomma?”

“I told you earlier to meet~”

He winced.

“Eomma, appa’s still at the hospital and now you’re setting me on a blind date?!”

“Staying at Hong Kong for two years, not even seeing one girl, does that make sense?!”

Kai felt peeved.

“But~”

“Do you even have anyone right now?”

Kai looked up again, Inhye was still was chatting with her friend.

 

 

 

“I..dont know eomma, but I’m not going.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++