31

What Matters

 

Siwon sighed as their family lawyer finished the documents, Inhye sat between him and Khun, silent.

Even their grandfather felt uncomfortable.

It wasn’t that they weren’t happy that Inhye finally agreed to register her name under the family tree, it was because they knew that she wasn’t acting herself.

The rumor about her using Kai as leverage at the hospital hasn’t died down yet. She’s already finished med school, but it’s been three days since she’s been at the hospital for her duties.

“Well done, young miss.” Lawyer Jang smiled and shook her hand.

“Thank you for your assistance, sir.” Inhye nodded before standing up.

“Where are you going?” Khun’s tone was light and careful.

“I’m meeting up with Luhan, oppa.” She replied before stepping out.

 

Kai pulled over in front of the huge stadium that was undergoing renovation as of the moment. As soon as he got off from the vehicle, one of the staff approached him with a safety helmet.

“Sir, we are still lacking in completion, I don’t think we will be able to open for six months.”

Kai nodded silently as they walked towards the site.

“And, the foundation isn’t that good, we advice if you~”

“It’s okay, I’m going inside.”

 

“I don’t understand.” Khun murmured as he got off the phone.

“What did Luhan say?” Siwon asked.

“He’s at the hospital, Inhye hasn’t contacted him either.”

“What happened to Inhye?” The elder Choi asked, they both turned to their grandfather.

“We think she feels…wronged by the rumor about her using Kai.”

“Ah, Kwanghye? The hospital?”

“Yes.” Siwon nodded.

“That…kid, she’s just like your appa.” He mused as he sat down.

“Jinguk..he was talented, he always wanted to prove himself. Even though he made mistakes, he still wanted to do everything on his own, he didn’t want to receive help from others. Like Inhye now, strong willed.”

“Hara~”

“Since when did she become close with KimSan’s son?” He asked with bright eyes, Siwon just shook his head.

“It would be nice if she gets together with someone like him, a warm person.”

 

Inhye was lying on the couch with Coco snuggling to her arm, her husky, Snow was asleep on the rug.

Her thoughts were in a big messy puddle. She hugged Coco tighter and closed her eyes.

“It’s official now, I’m JeGuk’s daughter. People will start to talk, it’s not so bad, Coco.”

“But…I’m a doctor too.”

She heard her phone ring, she glanced at the coffee table.

“Luhan.” She sighed before turning away from her phone.

 

Luhan cursed as he tossed his phone back on the table and ran towards the operating room.

“I cannot reach Doctor Lee, please page Doctor Moon. He will have to perform the surgery.” Luhan ordered as he went inside the room to change into clean scrubs.

He stepped out with his arms raised and proceeded to disinfect his hands.

“Doctor, still…Doctor Lee cannot be reached.” Nurse Jo approached him. Luhan sighed before stepping in the room, he acknowledged his sunbae before the nurses placed his mask on.

“Our patient is twenty two years old, a young healthy male. He is suffering from internal bleeding according to the MRI scan.”

Luhan looked at the patient on the operating table.

“Kai.” He muttered to himself, cursing his friend for not picking up his calls.

“Earlier, he got into an accident at a construction site.”

 

“Let’s start now.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++