2

What Matters

Inhye plugged her earphones as she stepped out of her condo unit, she made her way towards the elevator and found some men unloading boxes and luggage from the machine.

Someone must be transferring, she thought.

She got inside the machine and went down.

 

Kim Jongin stepped inside his unit and sighed to himself, staying in Hong Kong for two months had him exhausted, plus moving out his things from their house. He felt someone tugging at his knees, he looked down and smiled.

“Come on, buddy.” He took the Rottweiler’s leash and went out.

 

Inhye nodded as she read the patient’s chart.

“First, just continue the use of the ant-histamine and I’ll contact you when the test results arrive.” She smiled at the guardian before walking away.

“How are things?”

She looked up, Luhan grinned at her. They were both in the same year but with different specialties, Luhan’s was cardiology.

“There’s too many outpatients this season, and my brothers are bothering me.”

Luhan knew about Inhye’s identity, in a way, they were both similar. Having a prominent background, but trying hard to keep it.

“Ya, do you want to eat out later?”

Inhye shook her head at him.

“I think oppa’s going to pick me up, haraboji’s been looking for me.”

“Arasso, try to socialize a bit.” He chuckled.

“I’ll…try.” Inhye managed to roll her eyes at him.

 

Siwon rubbed his temples, they were having the monthly BOD meeting, everything was going well, most of Jeguk’s major projects were set to hit next month, but what bothered him most was when the power hungry members of the board start to mention his sister. Khun was not a problem, even though he preferred to carry his Thai name, he was registered under the family tree. The three of them were the current largest stockholders of the company, and the members are questioning whether Inhye should really be owning the stocks under her name.

“Like I’ve said, Inhye is my sister, my father’s daughter, I don’t think~”

“But president, she is not registered and from what we’ve heard, she refuses to be listed under the family, then shouldn’t we just liquefy her shares and~”

“Until I hold my position, her shares won’t be touched, I hope we wont be talking about this in the future.”

Siwon stood up, signaling the meeting had ended and he left.

 

Inhye was standing outside the hospital, waiting.

Then a Ducati Superbike Panigale stopped before her, she looked up as Khun pushed up the cover his helmet.

“I forgot I was going to pick you up, mian.” He smiled sheepishly, Inhye just shrugged and grabbed the spare helmet behind him.

“We can ask hyung or hail a cab~”

“It’s fine, oppa.” She smiled before putting the helmet on her head and helped herself on the bike.

 

Kai slammed the brakes of his Bentley Continental and dashed out. His heart was pounding as he rushed inside the hospital lobby.

“Where is the emergency room?” He asked the front desk.

The phone call he got earlier was still fresh in his mind.

“Yes, Secretary Yoon?”

“Director, it’s president, he..he has been rushed to the hospital.”

“How is he?”

“It seems serious, sir, please your mother is terribly worried.”

That call sent him running to the hospital.

 

 

“Haraboji’s at it again.” Khun commented as Inhye and him crouched behind the marble wall, they were looking at the eldest Choi.

“Which household’s daughter is it this time?” Inhye asked as she looked at the girl who seated with her brother, she was dressed nicely, if not expensively, branded from head to toe.

“I don’t know, but I think haraboji just used us this time, where do you want to eat?” Khun grinned before pulling her up. Inhye shook her head in amusement.

“I want spaghetti~”

“Inhye?”

She winced.

Khun snorted.

“I wonder what role will you be playing now.” He grinned.

 

“Inhye, I was waiting for you.” Their eldest sibling was looking at her with a sweet smile.

A sweet and very scripted smile.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++