I LOVE YOU TOO CHAPTER 7

I Love You Too

Chapter 7

 

“You promise to call me!” Kyuhyun raged the next day when he meets Sungmin at the office.

 

“Mr Cho?”

 

“Do you know how worry I am when I didn’t receive a single text or call from you, AT ALL.” He stresses the word ‘at all’ on purpose.

 

He stares deathly at the girl, really angry, “Why, Lee Sungmin?” he gritted his teeth.

 

“Calm down, Kyu. Here. Get inside first.” She pushes Kyuhyun slowly inside Kangin’s room.

 

“But, I…”

 

“I’m sorry okay? I’ll explain later.” Sungmin cuts him, apologized.

 

“Make sure that you explain.” Kyuhyun strictly demands.

 

Sungmin nods, “And make me extra black coffee.” He slams the door slow, but loud enough to give a pang to Sungmin.

 

Sungmin awkwardly scratch the back of her nape. Craps, I totally forgot to call him. Now, how am I going to calm him down. She sighs.

 

All the time during the meeting between Kyuhyun and Kangin, Sungmin could feel almost perking inside her that Kyuhyun is staring at her. Kyuhyun is angry, really angry. It’s a fact that everyone know that Sungmin often neglecting her phone and ignore any call or text, but Kyuhyun thought that Sungmin has already changes.

 

What makes him burns even more is when Sungmin explains that the reason for her forgetting her promise because of talking with his brother. He couldn’t blame them, they do have a special relationship, and he realizes that. But, thinking that Sungmin is so close with his step-brother really makes him so frustrated.

 

To redeem the mistake of forgetting, Sungmin treats Kyuhyun for lunch that day. He purposely goes to an expensive restaurant. But being the gentleman he is, he was the one who pays for the lunch. Sungmin protested but he forces her to make another promise of treating him, the next time. He was contended enough to spend more time with Sungmin. It has been long since their last met, and they rarely have time only with each other ever since the reunion.

 

It’s a lie to say that he didn’t miss the girl. Even though he keeps on claiming that Sungmin is just his best friend, they have been together so long ever since the first year in college. So, it would be impossible to say that he didn’t care about her.

 

~~

 

That afternoon, after the office hour is over, Kyuhyun go to his brother’s department to fetch Sungmin and send her home. But, instead of meeting the girl, Kangin is there alone in the office.

 

“Sungmin went home already?” Kangin nods to the question.

 

“Alone?”

 

Kyuhyun frowns. He feels weird because he thought that Kangin will be the one to send Sungmin home. Kangin said that he still has some work to do, that’s why he sends Sungmin to go home first. Kyuhyun walks out from the office building when he suddenly sees the glimpse of Sungmin walking down by the road. Hurriedly, he disguised himself with a cap from the car and parks the car near the subway station.

 

“Hello, umma?”

 

“Kyuhyun, when are you coming home?”

 

“Later, umma. Actually I want you to tell driver ahjussi to pick up my car at the subway station parking.”

 

“Eh, why? Is there a problem with your car?”

 

“No, umma. I suddenly have something to do. Just tell the driver to pick it up, okay?”

 

“But, Kyuhyun…” Kyuhyun hungs up, without considering for her mother to finish the sentence at all.

 

He sighs. And without wasting more time, he searches for Sungmin again. He sees Sungmin at one corner waiting. Kyuhyun decided to secretively stalk Sungmin from afar and watch her. He wants to see whether Sungmin will realize about his existence or not if he stays silent. He sees that Sungmin is taking out and wears her earphone, again.

 

She must be listening to songs again. Seriously, Min, you should really be careful and pay attention to your surrounding more. He told to no one but himself.

 

It has been so long since the last time I rid a subway. Being born in a rich family is always a good thing cause I have a driver on my own. Umma also rarely allows me to take the subway so much. The last time I took one was already years ago. It does bring back some memories though. The subway still hasn’t change much and the station is still the same.

 

Kyuhyun follows Sungmin until she rides the train, which is still oblivious about Kyuhyun’s existence behind her. He looks around him, watching closely Sungmin’s movement. Sungmin that he knew few years ago seems a bit different than the Sungmin he knows now. The way she talks and moves has become more grace since the last time.

 

Her attitude is still the same but why does it seems like I didn’t actually know much about her. Kyuhyun asks himself that question, still watching Sungmin.

 

“Hey, I already got the ticket! You will be super excited! Trust me!” one man speaks loudly on the train near to Sungmin, he has already takes much attention from other passenger.

 

“Really? That’s great! There are many rare items. Don’t worry! I know what to do!”

 

What is that guy doing? Can’t he understand the ‘no mobile’ sign in front of him. Kyuhyun complains, he knows that the other passengers might think the same thing.

 

“Sir…I’m using VAD, and your phone…” A woman sitting in front of the guy asks weakly, holding her chest in pain.

 

(A VAD or ventricular assist device is a mechanical device used to partially or completely replace the function of a falling heart)

 

“Can you wait for a little while? This is an important call.” the man arrogantly said.

 

“Ah…” the woman winces in pain.

 

“Wait a minute, please be considerate.” another person next to her requested but, the guy just snorted and continues using her phone.

 

“Shut up, . This is my phone…”

 

Bam!!

 

Just before the man manages to finish his sentence, in a flash, someone comes in front, takes his phone, break it into two and throw it hard on the floor. The phone breaks into pieces.

 

“She asks you nicely.” Kyuhyun and the other are agape with the sudden situation.

 

“Why you!!” the man angrily attack the savior and yet, easily the girl grabs him by the collar and throw him hard on the train floor.

 

That person unexpectedly is Sungmin, “I ask you nicely.” She said, death staring at the man.

 

Every passenger especially Kyuhyun are startled. Sungmin is practically holding the guy on the floor while he wincing in pain.

 

“That is so awesome!” the sick woman just now suddenly holding a microphone, “You are so great, miss!” she praised Sungmin excitedly.

 

Sungmin unconsciously let go of the guy that she’s holding.

 

“What is this?”

 

“Congratulation miss! You are on ‘Unexpected People TV show’! Now, the whole citizens will watch your heroic action!” the woman exclaimed, a camera zooming onto Sungmin’s face out of nowhere.

 

The other people are still in freeze compressing the situation.

 

“Hahahaha…” Kyuhyun who has been watching and restraining laughs loudly.

 

“Kyu?”

 

“You’re really are funny!” he said, continue on laughing while holding his stomach.

 

~~

 

The actual circumstances that happened are actually all planned by on TV program and accidentally, Sungmin is the target that had to be the subject of the day. The program is to show what one citizen will do when they are met with that unexpected situation. What Sungmin did by helping them was beyond than what they expected. They didn’t imagine for a girl to step up to help.

 

Sungmin was really annoyed to be tricked like that but she is glad at some part that the woman is okay. She didn’t mind so much about other people’s perception on her action and didn’t take it to heart when the MC apologized to her. But, what makes her so devastated was the fact that her best friend, Cho Kyuhyun was there, watching and laughing.

 

“Are you done laughing Cho Kyuhyun?” Sungmin annoyingly ask, because Kyuhyun was still laughing even after they are both alone.

 

“Sorry, Minnie. Hahaha…I’m really sorry.” He apologized, restraining himself from laughing more.

 

Sungmin huffed, quickly looked away and folded her arms, sulking. Kyuhyun chuckled at the way Sungmin pouted cutely like that.

 

“I’m really sorry Ming.” He said, a bit calm and sincere this time.

 

“I didn’t mean to laugh at you, but what happened was really amusing. You should see how the way you look when that woman took out her mic and shove it to your face, Ming.” Kyuhyun laughs again, mocking Sungmin.

 

“You’re supposed to help me if you are there!” Sungmin rebutted.

 

“Hahaha…I love to, my Ming. But, it happened so fast that I didn’t have the chance to do anything.” Kyuhyun replied back, with the remaining laughter.

 

He tried hard to stop laughing because he was afraid that Sungmin might get angry again and for real this time. Sungmin continue on walking and sulking. She feels really angry but she didn’t know how to convey it anymore.

 

“Anyway, I didn’t know that you are that strong.” He commented, walking next to Sungmin, side by side.

 

“You never want to know.” Sungmin mumbles the reply under her breath.

 

“Where did you learn that moves? Tae kwan do?” they naturally conversing, almost forgetting the train incident.

 

“It’s Kung fu, Kyu.” Sungmin corrects him, “My father teaches me that. He wants me to protect myself.” She explains.

 

“That is strong. But, seriously Sungmin…” Kyuhyun stops walking, hold both of Sungmin cheeks and stare deep into that dark orbs, “Never ever do that again.” he warns, all his playfulness has gone.

 

Sungmin blink few times innocently, “Why?”

 

“Because it’s dangerous, pabo.” Kyuhyun fast flicking her forehead.

 

“Ouch! That’s hurt idiot!!” Sungmin whimper and push Kyuhyun away from her.

 

Kyuhyun laughs again for the nth time. He’s really having fun on teasing Sungmin. sungmin pouts while rubbing the pain away. She walks again, leaving Kyuhyun annoyingly. But of course Kyuhyun will be just right behind her.

 

“Why are you taking subway, Sungmin? you should just wait for me to send you home.”

 

“No, thank you.” Sungmin refused almost immediately.

 

“Why? I’m being kind here. Should you accept that wholeheartedly?”

 

“No, I don’t want and I don’t need it.” Sungmin objected.

 

Kyuhyun roll his eyes by that stern objection, “Why are so uptight of receiving help from other people Ming? It’s not that hard right?”

 

“I know. But…” Sungmin sighs, “I just don’t want to bother anyone, Kyu.”

 

“I’m your friend right? Aren’t friends supposed to be together always? Helping each other back?”

 

“Yes, you are my friend. But, we are just friend, Kyu. You know how I treat all my friends, right? I don’t want to be a burden to anyone as long as they are my friends. And I really don’t want to hope anything in the friendship.”  She explains, sounded a bit sad.

 

The situation becomes tense after Sungmin finished saying that. Sungmin didn’t want to pierce deep into the relationship matter. On the other hand, Kyuhyun didn’t understand it himself, but to hear Sungmin said ‘just friend’ makes him hurt a bit. He knew he shouldn’t feel anything because that is how Sungmin is and ‘just friend’ is also how he treats Sungmin. Still, he could sense that their friendship has change and seems different than what they used to be.

 

“Are you still angry at me?” he blurted that question bluntly.

 

Sungmin turns and stare at him. They stares at each other, both understand what does the question meant to be. After a few moment, she smiles, a sad smile of course.

 

“No, Kyu. I will never be angry at you. You know that.” She assured.

 

“Really?”

 

Sungmin nods, “I’m fine idiot. Enough talking. I need to get home.” She stops the conversation and walks ahead.

 

You are still angry at me. Kyuhyun concluded inwardly.

 

“Sungmin, wait up!” he called, catches up with the girl and they walk together to Sungmin’s home.

 

The topic that they talk about just now completely avoided by those two after that. Sungmin didn’t want to get hurt while Kyuhyun didn’t want to hurt his friend more. He knew that he was somewhat at fault to why Sungmin acting that way towards him. And yet, he still couldn’t help of feeling insecure. He tried to assure himself that he’s fine, even just that moment. Whatever has happened between them is still just the new beginning after all.

 

“So, tell me. What are you doing later?” he changes the topic.

 

“Eating dinner.” Sungmin replied, short and simple.

 

“I join?”

 

Sungmin stares at him with the corner of her eyes. Kyuhyun tries his best to show his puppy eyes. Trying to look extra cute to persuade her. They look at each long and Sungmin is the one who break first, by laughing.

 

“You’re really ugly Kyu.” Sungmin comments and their tense air finally break through.

 

Kyuhyun laughs at that remark because it is the truth. Also because he is glad that Sungmin is smilling again.

 

 

TBC

 

 

So, after so long, this is actually the first kyumin moment where there’s only kyumin….hehehe I tried my best. Comments are highly appreciated!! >_<

Also, thank you so much for all the readers and supporters that has been supporting my fic! Your comments really make my day~~XD