I LOVE YOU TOO CHAPTER 45

I Love You Too

CHAPTER 45 – BREAKS

 

Days by days passed without stop, soon it were already months after. Sungmin and Siwon’s relationship slowly changed into something else. They tends to argue more often and didn’t have much understanding like before. Siwon seems to find her at fault for everything. No matter how much Sungmin tried to explain, he didn’t completely trust in it. It devastated Sungmin with his attitude but she tried to comprehend with him to not make anything worse.

 

One day, Sungmin got a sudden call by Siwon’s mother. She didn’t questioned much and quickly agree when the mother ask to meet her. Sungmin knew she didn’t make a best first impression to her from the last meeting. But, she really loves Siwon. So, she determined to do anything possible as long as Jaekyung is willing to accept her.

 

“Mrs Choi.” Sungmin greeted with a smile but it vanished upon noticing the other person who is with Mrs. Choi.

 

Sooyoung.

 

Sooyoung smirked evilly noticing the nervous look on Sungmin. She knew by then she already won the unspoken battle.

 

Sungmin greeted the mother nicely and tried to talk but they both seems to have different agenda instead. Not caring about other peoples’ eyes looking, they started to insult Sungmin. They accused her of every offense they could give her. Also, judging by the words of illegitimate child, Sungmin knew, the mother already knew much about her background without telling. Sungmin held back from doing anything even when they attacked her and called her many different things. More than the pain of being insulting, their accusations are worse.

 

“Remember this, Lee Sungmin. I will never approve you as my son’s choice, ever. Filthy .” Mrs Choi spat at her and they left.

 

Sungmin stares long at the empty chairs in front of her. Her heart was already wrecked by all those insults from the mother. Her eyes were swelling with tears. She knows that it will hurt her eyes if she holds it in but she just couldn’t do anything about it. Slowly, she gets up from the seat and walked away from there. People eyes were watching her. Some are with disgusted look but most of them were sympathize with her condition.

 

“Miss, are you okay?” the waitress asked, full of concern.

 

Sungmin smiles bitterly at her, “I’m fine.” She replied short, “Here’s the money for the bill. You can keep the balance.”

 

She put the money and walked away. She didn’t pay a glance back at all. Hurt. Only she understands the meaning behind it.

 

 

 

/////

 

 

 

“Dear, isn’t that Sungminie?”

 

“Where?” Mr Cho looked at where his wife is pointing and they saw Sungmin by the roadside, walking aimlessly.

 

“Ahjussi, stop the car by the side.” He commanded.       

 

“Right away, sir.” The driver obeyed and quickly makes a turn and parked by the side.

 

As soon as the car stopped, Mrs Cho immediately opened the car door and rushed to Sungmin’s side.

 

“Sungmin.”

 

Sungmin jumped from her trance by the touch on her shoulder. She quickly turned around and was shock to see Mrs Cho there, together with the husband.

 

“Cho umma…” her lips whispered.

 

“Hey, are you okay?” Insook asked.

 

Sungmin blinked.

 

“What are you doing here alone? And what...ah...why are you wet, Sungmin?” she frowned, finally noticing Sungmin’s condition.

 

Sungmin stares.

 

“Hey, Sungmin...”

 

“Ah!”

 

Sungmin suddenly flinched out of reflex as her hand caress her hair.

 

“Sungmin?”

 

“I’m...I’m sorry Cho umma. I’m just a bit tired…” Sungmin lied.

 

Insook and Hwangho looked at each other. They could sense some fear in Sungmin’s voice. They knew that Sungmin’s condition that moment is not to be left alone. After some argument, they forced Sungmin to ride the car with them. They notice the sadness in Sungmin’s eyes. There are lots of questions in Mrs Cho’s mind but her husband signaled her to keep it silent.

 

“We’ll go to the office first and I’ll send both of you home.” Mr Cho informed.

 

“Ah, Cho appa…I’ll just go home to my apartment.” Sungmin reclined the suggestion.

 

“No, Sungmin.” The man quickly retorted, “You’re going home with my wife.”

 

“But…”

 

“No buts, Sungmin. I know you want to be alone but I will not allow it in this state. Since you are not going to tell us anything, I want you to rest at our home.”Mr Cho strictly said.

 

Sungmin pleaded with watery eyes, “Cho appa, please…”

 

“Minnie, please listen to us.” Mrs Cho interrupts, “We’ll go home together. Just to dry yourself and take a rest. Umma will not ask anything else. I promised.” She persuaded her.

 

She really didn’t want to leave Sungmin alone in that dreadful state. Most part of her heart telling that Sungmin is in the state to where one must not leave her alone. She really didn’t want anything to happen to her. Sungmin looks at her sadly, and she nodded her head faintly, agreeing.

 

“Good.” Mr Cho pats her head gently, “Ahjussi, let’s move.” He ordered and the car moves to its stated direction.

 

Sungmin silenced herself and didn’t utter a single word along the journey. Mrs Cho also did as she promised and didn’t ask her anything that happened. She just held Sungmin’s hand together with hers to keep her warm and calm. Upon reaching the house, Mrs Cho accompanies Sungmin and persuaded her to take a warm bath and change into new clothes. Sungmin still looks so sad and it makes her depressed just to watch it and couldn’t do anything else to lessen it. Few hours later, she comes down to the living room and is greeted by her husband, having a tea time alone.

 

“How is she?”

 

“She’s resting.” Insook replies, taking a seat next to him, “I force her to sleep. She looks extremely tired and very pale too. I just hope she’s not getting sick.” She told the husband.

 

Hwangho sighs.

 

“She will not say anything even if we force her, right?” Insook nodded to her husband’s question, “Do you want me to investigate this matter?”

 

“You can?” Insook questioned confusingly.

 

“I’ll try. Well, it’s better if we search something before her father find out about it from other people.” Hwangho explained.

 

Just to put Sungmin’s father into the topic makes Insook cringe unconsciously. Not many people know but she and her husband are well-known about Sungmin’s father temper. He is someone who is a lot scarier than anyone else can be especially anything that is related to Sungmin. So, to fight against him is almost like calling for death reaper itself. That is how scary Sungmin’s father, Lee Hyukjae is.

 

“Just do what you can, honey. I really want to know what makes our ‘daughter’ so sad like this. I will have a talk to Donghae about this matter just to inform her in case there’s anything.”

 

Hwangho nodded his head, agreeing to his wife’s words. They are really worried about Sungmin. Her reaction and everything showed that what happened to her was not a small matter at all.

 

 

 

/////

 

 

 

“Sungmin’s here?” Kyuhyun repeated what he has been told by the mother.

 

Insook nodded to Kyuhyun’s question.

 

“She’s in the guest room now. She’s been sleeping ever since she came home with us.” The mother informed.

 

Kyuhyun quickly takes his steps towards the room but was stopped by his mother before anything.

 

“Don’t Kyu.”

 

“Why? Did something happen?” He asked, a bit anxious by his mother’s act.

 

Insook gulped bitterly. She’s hesitating whether it is alright to tell Kyuhyun about what happened or not. She knew Kyuhyun is Sungmin’s most trusted friend, but she also knew that Kyuhyun will not like the idea of someone hurting her.

 

“Umma? What is it?” Kyuhyun repeated his question, didn’t understand from her sudden behavior.

 

“It’s nothing Kyu. Sungmin is resting. I don’t want you to bother her. Let her rest.” She changed the topic away.

 

“But…”

 

“I’m sure she’ll come out from the room once she gets better.”

 

Kyuhyun groaned unsatisfyingly by the reaction he got. But, his mother determined to not tell him anything even when he forced her. In the end, he waits just like she says. But, without anyone notice, he sneakily went inside the guest room to look at Sungmin. His heart clenched painfully seeing the sleepy Sungmin. There are traces of dried tears on her cheeks that he noticed. He guessed that there must be something bad had happened for Sungmin to cry like that.

 

Carefully to not wake her up, he Sungmin’s hair. Sungmin moved in her sleep but calm down soon after. Kyuhyun smiled thinly. He’s been avoiding Sungmin as much as he could in the past weeks. He still feels guilty and absolutely couldn’t forget what he has done to the girl. There’s nothing in the world could make him happier than receiving Sungmin’s forgiveness. When he talked about it with Kangin, it seems Sungmin has forgiven him but he knew it was more than that. Kyuhyun continued watching at sleeping Sungmin with love. He missed her so much.

 

 

 

/////

 

 

 

Sungmin walked down the stairs in slow motion. After few hours of rest at Cho’s, she decided it is time for her to go home. At the end of the stairs, she was astounded to see Kyuhyun. Meeting eyes with the man, they smiled thinly towards each other.

 

“Ready to go home?” Kyuhyun first spoke.

 

Sungmin nodded faintly.

 

“Come on. I’ll send you home.” He signaled and starts walking in front, followed with Sungmin right behind him, trailing.

 

She went to say goodbye to both of Cho parents and thanked them for their hospitality. Cho umma hugged Sungmin firmly, as a silence support. She knew there’s a lot on Sungmin’s mind that she hides from everyone.

 

“Don’t force yourself too much.” She told her for the last time.

 

Sungmin nodded weakly and smiled as the answer.

 

Kyuhyun escorted Sungmin to his car in total silence. He can feel the sadness on Sungmin but rather than asking, he thought that it’s the best to keep it silence. If Sungmin needs time, that is what he’ll give. Furthermore, what happened between them before is still hasn’t been resolved ever since. So, he didn’t really want to ruin their relationship more. Not utter a single word, the drive to Sungmin’s apartment continued smoothly. Kyuhyun parked his car at the parking lot and opened the door for Sungmin without ask.

 

“Thank you…” Sungmin whispered the words softly.

 

Kyuhyun hummed, “It’s alright.” He replied and they walked together towards the door.

 

Upon arriving, they stood facing up to each other, thinking and not saying anything.

 

“Where…were you, Kyu?” Sungmin was first to speak, “Where did you go?” she asked again and but this time, with looking straight into Kyuhyun’s eyes.

 

Kyuhyun bitterly smiled at Sungmin.

 

“I am not going anywhere, Ming. I’m just doing some outstation work for the company. Maybe that’s why you didn’t see me much.” He carefully explained.

 

“Not because you’re avoiding me?”

 

Kyuhyun tensed slightly with Sungmin’s question. She is right.

 

He chuckled the awkwardness away, “Yes that is too.” He admitted.

 

Sungmin’s expression drastically turns saddened by his confession. It was even worse when he see Kyuhyun smiles at her like it’s not a big deal at all.

 

“Please, don’t look at me like that, Sungminie.” Kyuhyun pleads, laughing as a joke, “It’s my fault. So, you are not supposed to feel sorry to me.”

 

“You…didn’t do anything to me though…” Sungmin mumbled her replies inaudibly.

 

“I hurt you, Sungmin.”

 

“Ah.”

 

“I hurt you, remember?” he repeated, “You didn’t need to back me up. Don’t feel sorry to me. And especially don’t lie to yourself about what I did. I had hurt you and that’s the truth.”

 

A silence surrounds them. Kyuhyun let out a faint sigh before continuing.

 

“I regretted so much for what I did that night. Supposedly, it was me who should be protecting you but what I did only make it worse. I’m sorry, Sungmin.” Kyuhyun apologized guiltily, “I should have not hurt you. I should have control my emotions well. But I’m…sorry. Because of me, you were reminded of your past again. I’m really sorry.” He said eyes lowered looking at the floor.

 

Sungmin unconsciously pouted. To hear Kyuhyun’s apology, she really doesn’t feel right.

 

Kyuhyun really care about you Sungmin. He’s only pretending to not only to maintain his image. Being a proud man like him, he is not always kind. Probably that’s why he’s faking his feelings like that. But, I think you also realize he has done so much to protect your relationship.

 

Sungmin recalled vividly what had Minho told her. She understands it by now. Kyuhyun maybe lied to her, but apart from that, his love to her is true. She is very lucky. She is loved.

 

“You’re an idiot, Kyu.” She remarked.

 

Laughing a bit at Sungmin’s reaction, “I know I am.” He joked.

 

The two of them smile to each other sincerely. Though it’s slow, their air of tension has finally clears up. They knew there’ll be changes after this and yet, for that moment, it is enough.

 

But…

 

BAM!!

 

“AH!!” Sungmin yelped out of shock by a sudden punch from someone to Kyuhyun.

 

Her eyes grow big instantly upon realizing Siwon is already on top of Kyuhyun, giving him another punch.

 

“JERK! I WARNED YOU!” Siwon cursed at Kyuhyun and holds his fist high to punch him again.

 

Kyuhyun who was at first startled, managed to block the punch before it hits him again. He struggled from Siwon and pushes the man with all his might.

 

“Get off me!” he roared.

 

Siwon falls backward hard. But, he didn’t give Kyuhyun any time to compose as he once again attacked the other. He and Kyuhyun fight strongly, totally ignore the screams of ‘stop’ from Sungmin by the side.

 

“Stop it! Please!” Sungmin cried, too afraid to jump into the intense fight.

 

She saw how both men started to bleed on the face but feels so helpless for not be able to do anything to stop it. But then, at one point, as Kyuhyun’s punch is about to land on Siwon’s, she marched and shielded the man.

 

“STOP!” she yelled on top of her lungs.

 

Kyuhyun’s hand stopped midway abruptly with just an inch spare from Sungmin’s face. Everything turned into dead silence. Both men are already panting hard. Sungmin is also the same, but with tears and Kyuhyun saw it.

 

“Stop it…please…” she pleaded.

 

“But he just!”

 

“Enough Kyu!” Sungmin stopped him, “This has nothing to do with you. Just go home.” She told the lad.

 

“Go…please…”

 

Kyuhyun’s heart crushed into pieces by the pleas. He has never seen such a dejected Sungmin and knowing it was because of another man, he was disheartened even more. Slowly, without a word, he pulled his feet away and retreated from there. After it was clear, Sungmin turned to Siwon.

 

“Oppa…”

 

“Don’t touch me!” Siwon shoved Sungmin’s hand angrily.

 

Sungmin shivered, scared and heartbroken by the action.

 

“Why is wrong with you, oppa? Why are you acting this way?” Sungmin cried.

 

Siwon sneered at her, “What’s wrong? You what is wrong!” Siwon shouted aloud, “I called for your number countless time, Lee Sungmin! None of it is picks up and none are returned! Where were you?!”

 

Sungmin jumped by the loud voice.

 

Instead of giving Sungmin any chance to speak, he scoffed, “Stupid me. What sort of question am I asking? Just now was enough proof of everything I should know.” He glared at Sungmin.

 

“Did you with Kyuhyun?”

 

Pang!

 

A slap arrived on his face as soon as he finished. He felt the sharp pain both on his cheek and chest. Tears fast flowed from Sungmin’s eyes.

 

“Why…why are you acting this way? How could you accuse me such thing?” she sobbed.

 

“You tell me why, Lee Sungmin.” Siwon voiced out his thought.

 

He glared at Sungmin and stepped forward. Sungmin unconsciously backed away until her back stopped by the wall behind.

 

“Kyuhyun.” He suddenly said the name.

 

“Eh?”

 

“Kangin, Yesung, Jonghyun, Minhyuk and maybe many more.” He continued saying the men around Sungmin one by one, “Who are they to you Sungmin? Only friends?” he mocked and smirked, “Just tell me you already spreading your leg to them.”

 

“OPPA!”

 

“WHAT?!” Siwon retorted back with equal anger sending to Sungmin to complete fear.

 

“Just how long are you going to lie to me, Sungmin? Just how much do you want to break my heart like this?! I love you! Isn’t that enough for you?! Why must you seek it from other men? Why must you be flirtatious? Or is it your habit? Then, why did you accept me if you want to hurt me?! Why did you even accept me in the first place? Why Sungmin?!” he vented out furiously.

 

He holds Sungmin’s shoulder angrily. Sungmin sobbed.

 

“No reason.” She said between sobs, “Do you really need a reason to love someone?”

 

Siwon tensed by Sungmin’s question.

 

“We need not have a reason to love someone. Have you forgotten oppa? It was you who taught me that. What make you become like this?” Sungmin cried more, “I have never thought once of betraying you. But why…why must you hurt me like this…” she sobbed desperately.

 

“Then, let’s end it.”

 

“Ah.” Sungmin was astonished.

 

“Let’s end it just here, Lee Sungmin. I’m sick of this already.” Siwon repeated again.

 

“What…what are you talking about?”

 

“You hear me, let’s end this here, now and forever.” Siwon stressed the words, his emotionless face showed how serious he is.

 

Sungmin’s heart crushed into pieces.

 

“Stop lying to me anymore, Lee Sungmin. Don’t feint that you’re so innocent too. Your mother has told me everything about your es past.”

 

Sungmin tensed again, “Mother?”

 

“Yes, mother. Lee Minjung.” Sungmin’s eyes grew big in shock.

 

“You said that she left you but she said it was you who ran away from her. She searched for you but you betrayed her by living with you father instead. I can’t believe that you have the heart to hurt your mother like that. And that father is not even your father, what a joke.” Siwon mocked, “Also, stop faking your innocence to me. It’s disgusting.” He cursed.

 

Siwon glares at her heated, “You said you’re a ?”

 

Sungmin gulped unconsciously, could almost predict what Siwon is going to say next.

 

“How many men have you slept with actually, Sungmin? How many times have you sold yourself to other men except me? Did you get a lot of money? Is this why you refused me? Because you’re a ?”

 

It hurts.

 

Sungmin’s heart breaks with every word Siwon said.

 

“I don’t believe it at first. But, the men around you and your mother’s story showed me something else. They are the living proof to all lies you told me.” He continued.

 

It hurts so much.

 

“Why Sungmin?” there’s pain in his voice, “I thought I was the only one for you but, why is it there are so many other men that you adore so much? It is okay if it is Sungjin, because he is your brother even though he and you are only step sibling. But, Yesung, Kangin, even Jonghyun and maybe other men that I don’t know…who are they that make you so close to them so much? I don’t see any difference from the way you treat me and them. Sometimes, I don’t even feel anything from you.” he expressed his thought long.

 

Silence. The air around them was so tense. Sungmin only stayed silent. She listened to every word said by Siwon without a retort.

 

“Leave then…” Sungmin whispered softly.

 

Siwon’s eyes turned to look at her.

 

“If I disgust you so much then leave me alone. I’m sorry that I’ve hurt you. I’m sorry if ever make you angry. I’m sorry too for burdening you for all these times. I’m sorry…” Sungmin said for the last time with tears flowed and took her steps away in pain.

 

Siwon watched Sungmin’s retreating figure slowly disappearing from his sight. He didn’t do or say anything to stop her. He just let her go. After the longest time, he closed his eyes and left. A man’s tear dropped his eyes.

 

Sungmin cried herself to sleep that night. So many painful things happened to her that day. Everything was unexpected and hurtful in its own way. Siwon’s mother insults crushed her confidence and heart. Kyuhyun’s pained expression when she defended Siwon stuck in her head. What was more heartbreaking was the hatred from Siwon. The one whom she thought was supposed to trust her actually have the heart to accuse such offend.

 

It’s over.

 

Sungmin reminded herself. She cried, non-stop. Her mind was so exhausted. Her heart and head hurts so much. She knew that her eyes will get puffy from the crying but she just ignores it. All she wants is to cry her pain away.

 

 

 

/////

 

 

 

Siwon aimlessly drive away from Sungmin’s home with a broken heart. Tears spill out from his eyes but he pays no attention to it. Heck, he actually pays attention to nothing around him that moment. What he said to Sungmin, he knew he had cross the limit. He knew breaking Sungmin’s heart is just the same as breaking his heart. But, he already did. There is no turning back anymore.

 

Who to blame? No one.

 

FLASHBACK

 

“Here.”

 

An A4 envelope suddenly being put on the table. Siwon frowned. He took it and turned towards the said person gave, his mother.

 

“What’s this?” he asked.

 

“Open it and take a look.” She said simply and sits on the couch.

 

Still frowning, Siwon as he told and open the envelope. His eyes widened in astonishment when he sees the contents. There are tons pictures of Sungmin with different men altogether. He scans the picture one by one in a flash, couldn’t believe what is happening.

 

“How did you get these?” asked Siwon, under a total shock.

 

Jaekyung smirked in triumph inwardly seeing the expected reaction from her son. She fakes a sad expression and sighed.

 

“I’ve checked.”

 

“Mom! This is wrong!” Siwon protested.

 

“Wrong?! How can you say it’s wrong? I only investigated the girl that claim to be your girlfriend, Siwon. I’m doing what you are supposed to do since the very beginning! You should have clarified her status before knowing her, more or less accepting her!” Jaekyung retorted angrily.

 

“Mom!”

 

“What?! Still saying that I’m wrong?! Aren’t all these proof for everything?!” She banged her hand hard on Siwon’s table, determined, “She’s a , Siwon! She’s not right for you or our family! Not only me, but even her mother admitted to it!”

 

Siwon’s rebuttal suddenly vanished.

 

“Her mother?” he repeated confusingly.

 

Jaekyung sneered, “Yes, her mother. Lee Minjung.” She specified.

 

“You…knew?”

 

“Of course I knew! I ought to know! Do you think that I’m so evil to snatch your happiness without a reason, Siwon? I’m your mother and I always think the best for you. I searched for proofs because I know you will disagree. I went to see her mother to know her better but what I found is worse.” She exclaimed, end it with a disgusted face, “More than this photo, Sungmin is actually a e, Siwon.”

 

Siwon gawked by the harsh word.

 

“What…what do you mean?” he asked, shuttering, slowly starting to believe in his mother’s story.

 

Jaekyung moved closer to Siwon.

 

“Her mother has told me everything about her past. Her mother told me to how she used to sell herself around, how many men she seduces only to get money for her own satisfaction. Sungmin is not as innocent as she appears to be, Siwon. Lee Minjung even tells me that ever since she’s small, Sungmin has always liked to be surrounded by men. She’s just lying when she said no girls want to be her friend, whereas it was her who always ing around men that make no girls trusts in her. Also, think carefully, Minjung is her birthmother but why did she lives with her father. Don’t you smell anything fishy about it?” she said, more and more convincing to Siwon’s ear.

 

His head already think negatively about everything.

 

“No…Sungmin…will not do this to me.” he denied, even though his heart already believing in Jaekyung’s story, “It’s not true.” He slumped back tiredly on the chair.

 

“You know which is true or not Siwon. Don’t you believe in her own birthmother?” Jaekyung continued on poisoning, “She’s only pretending to love you. She has many other men around her that she used to satisfy herself. You yourself notice it right?”

 

Siwon was silence listening. In fact, his head already boiled with all the information said.

 

FLASHBACK END

 

He never wants to believe in his mother’s story. So, he seeks for Minjung to find out more and she admitted. His heart breaks even more. To make things worse, Sungmin’s out of reach putting more evidence to all the crazy thoughts he’s been having. He waited for the girl at her house to ask her the truth, but everything turned upside down completely. He saw how natural Sungmin comes out from Kyuhyun’s car. The smile she had to the man, and his entire negative thoughts mixed all together creating the worse conclusion ever.

 

So, he dashed and banged Kyuhyun hard on the face. They fought and finally he burst out in anger to his own lover.

 

Ex-lover. Siwon corrected himself.

 

Everything has totally ended between him and Sungmin. He’s the one who started but he also the one who ended it first. His mind and physical were exhausted. He drove on the road in high speed, having no destination to go. Pain, and hurt, no one would be able to help them now. Everything is totally over.

 

“ARGHHHH!!!!!” he screamed loudly, letting out his frustration to nothing.

 

 

 

TBC

 

 

A/n:

I’ve thought of saying I’m tired of asking people to comment on my fic but I guess I’m still hoping for some comments. ^^ It devastated me a bit to know that even though I regularly update, I still got no response but I am still grateful to all the silent readers. Thank you. I really appreciate everyone’s effort of reading this crappy fic. But, I do hope for something, even with just an (^^) emoticons.

I thanked especially nAJOnHyun from the bottom of my heart for being a consistent reader and commenter. You’ve been a great chinguu and if you’re in front of me, I’ll give you tons of kisses and hugs. Hehehe ^^