I LOVE YOU TOO CHAPTER 4

I Love You Too

Chapter 4 – Kangin & his PA

 

Kangin and Sungmin are working together at one apartment near the Hangang River for their client, Hyunjong who is also Kangin’s friend.

 

“I’m thinking of adding another section here. What do you think?” Hyunjong suggested, pointing at one corner on the blue print sketches.

 

“We could try to fit it in, but in any case, we better measures it properly first.” Kangin replied back.

 

While the two men are talking and discussing about their work, Sungmin looks around the construction of the building. It’s a condominium, and it’s in the process of renovation as what the client wants to. Hyunjong is getting married with his lover in the next fall, and the condominum is his gift for the future wife, hopefully after the renovation is complete. Sungmin looks at the scenery outside the building. The condo is on the 15th floor, and it has the best Hangang River view from the large window right in front of it.

 

“Sungmin.”

 

Sungmin turns back right away by the call, “Yes?”

 

Hyunjong approaches her and stand just besides her, also watching at the beautiful view, “Do you like it?” he asks.

 

Sungmin nods few times, “Of course. And I’m sure your fiancé will be very happy if she sees it.”

 

Hyunjong chuckled lightly by the comment, “Yeah, I hope so.” He said, a smile plastered on his face, “And, I have to thank you then, for the excellent job.” He adds.

 

“Eh, me?” Sungmin points to herself.

 

“Yup, Kangin told me you have been helping him a lot in the renovation works.”

 

“Oh, no. Not at all.” Sungmin politely declines, “I’m just doing my job.”

 

“A great job, that is.” Kangin joins in their conversation out of the blue and Hyunjong absolutely agrees with it.

 

“Please. Don’t say that.” Sungmin blushed by the compliment, “I didn’t do anything excellent. Nothing special at all.” She pouts a bit.

 

Kangin and Hyunjong laugh to see Sungmin’s flush cheeks. They did have some fun in teasing the girl, after all.

 

“You don’t have to be modest, Sungmin. You are special just being yourself.”

 

“I totally agree with that.” Kangin said, and it makes Sungmin smiles by that sincerity.

 

“Anyway,” Hyunjong heaves a sigh, “I need to get back now.” He stretches himself, and shakes hand with Sungmin, “Call me if there’s anything.” Sungmin nods.

 

“Yes, sir.”

 

“Don’t forget about me, Hyunjong.” Hyunjong turns to his friend, who is unsatisfied, frowning at him.

 

“Yah, you can’t seriously be jealous of me. I’m your friend.”

 

“Cause you’re my friend I’m jealous.” Kangin retorts back.

 

“Hahaha…you really are funny, Kangin.” Hyunjong pats the bear shoulder a few times, and get closer to him, “She is special, you know.” he whispers the words to Kangin.

 

Kangin looks back and forth at his friend and Sungmin whose attention is back on the scenery, he sighs, “I know.” he replied, short.

 

Hyunjong smiles, a little sympathize with his friend, knowing the answer hurts the guy.

 

“I’ll see you again then.”

 

“Yeah. Bye.” Kangin waved back at him.

 

After Hyunjong left, Kangin turned to where Sungmin is and stunned for a moment. The beautiful orange color of the sunset that shines through the window went straight to Sungmin. The reflection of the sunset makes Sungmin look extremely beautiful, like how an angel should be. Especially with the fact that the girl is smiling weakly at the lovely scenery of the Hangang river.

 

“Happy?”

 

Sungmin jerked by the sudden question that wakes her from her imagination.

 

She smiled nonetheless, “Happy I guess. Hyunjong’s fiancée is lucky to be able to see this scenery everday.” She compliments, eyes still fix on outside of the window.

 

“Yeah…maybe.” Kangin agrees, and yet, his eyes are not watching the scenery but Sungmin.

 

“I can buy it for you, you know?”

 

“No, oppa. Don’t be stupid.” Sungmin quickly retorted back by Kangin’s suggestion.

 

“Why?”

 

“It must be cost a fortune to buy this apartment. You see the price yourself, right?”

 

“Yeah, I know that, but, why not, I could give it to you as a present. It doesn’t really cost much to me.”

 

“Well, no thank you. I don’t want it.” Sungmin pouted cutely, showing her protest.

 

Kangin chuckled by the reaction, “Okay, okay. I know what is it mean by that pout. Let’s just go home, okay?” Sungmin nods happily, “Let me treat you for dinner then.” Kangin said after looking at his watch.

 

“Meat?”

 

“Yes, meat or whatever is it that you want to eat.”

 

“Yeay…” Sungmin cheered.

 

Kangin chuckled seeing her childish cheers, “So cute.” He ruffles the girl’s hair affectionately.

 

“Oppa! Please! I take an hour to fix my hair.”

 

“Okay, I’m sorry.” Kangin apologized, not entirely sincere with it but it’s enough to make Sungmin smiles again.

 

So, the two of them walk together from the building to the parking lot where Kangin’s car are located at. They talk about random things including the schedule for Kangin for the next day as the reminder.

 

It has been a year that Sungmin became Kangin’s PA. And for him, to be able to meet with Sungmin is really the savior for him. It was known to the other employees on how grumpy he is at work or in the private. So many people have work with him and resigned almost immediately. Only people who understand him could actually work with him. Sometimes, he thinks that it was a fate that brought him and Sungmin to meet. He still remembers that meeting with Sungmin. It was not a very good memory to begin with. But, he will keep the memory always inside his heart.

 

Kangin’s phone started ringing suddenly, when they were just about to get inside the car. Kangin fished out his phone from the pocket and sighs after looking at the name that appears on his phone.

 

“What’s wrong, oppa?”

 

“Mother.” Kangin answers, frowning hard still looking at the phone.

 

“Maybe you should answer it.” Sungmin suggests, seeing the face of Kangin that without a hint of wanting to answer the call at all, “It could be important.” She added more.

 

Kangin sighs, and lazily pushes the answer button, “He…”

 

“Kim Yongwoon! You have to come to the hotel right away!” a loud voice yells from the other side.

 

“What…”

 

“No excuses! Just come here, NOW!” And the line went dead after the order.

 

Vines of anger visibly appear on Kangin’s head, as he tries his best to control the anger that accumulate.

 

“Oppa…”

 

“Sorry, Ming. I need to go after all.” He said apologetically, “I guess our dinner is going to postpone again today.”

 

“Hehehe…it’s okay, oppa. I perfectly understand that.”

 

“Do you want me to send you to the station?”

 

Sungmin shakes her head, “No. I want to stop by the café first.”

 

“Let me send you there, then.”

 

“But oppa…”

 

“No buts, Sungmin. Get inside the car.” Kangin ordered, as he also opens the door and gets inside the car.

 

Sungmin gives up, get inside the car and buckle the seatbelt with no more objections. Kangin sends her to the nearest café and go off to meet with his mother at the specific hotel. It isn’t really the first time that it happens and Sungmin understand behind the meeting, that’s why she’s okay with it.

 

 

TBC

 

~~lame...my update is lame...~~ (feeling so depressed lately)