I LOVE YOU TOO CHAPTER 13

I Love You Too

 

Chapter 13 – Worry

 

“She’s asleep?” Eunhyuk asks, even though it is obvious that he sees Sungmin is sleeping on Donghae’s laps.

 

Donghae nods her head, her daughter’s hair gently with a smile still on her face to keep her asleep. A gesture that she knows could make Sungmin feel warm. Eunhyuk smiles to see the lovely scene of his favorite people in the world.

 

“Nanny, make me a cup of coffee.” He orders the head maid, when she walks by.

 

“Sure. What about you, ma’am? Need anything?” she turns the question to Donghae.

 

“A tea for me. Also, brings out the fruits from the fridge. I’ve cuts them.”

 

“Yes, ma’am. I will be back.” The maid excused herself and goes inside the kitchen to do what is told.

 

Eunhyuk takes a seat next to the couch. He takes the magazine next to the table and starts reading it. The only sound could be heard is the sound of TV playing.

 

“How’s your work today, dear?” Donghae starts the conversation first with her gorgeous husband.

 

“Busy, as usual. We’re getting a new tender though. So, I might get really busy next week.” Eunhyuk informed.

 

“Busy? Are you leaving for another outstation then?”

 

“There might be one. Don’t worry, I will bring you with me of course, baby.” He smiles mischievously at her.

 

“Stop with that naughty stare, Hyukkie. You’re an ahjussi already.” Donghae fakes a disgusted look, even though she did anticipate the time alone with only her husband.

 

Eunhyuk laughs by the threat. His wife loves it, he knew it.

 

“But, Sungmin said I’m still young, you know. And I know you love me too much to resist me.” He said and purposely sounding y to Donghae’s ears.

 

Donghae’s cheeks turn red by the teasing. She still couldn’t help from being shy every time being teased like that by Eunhyuk. True that they have been married for more than 10 years now, but the feelings of love is still strong and growing day by day. The teasing always makes her heart flutters.

 

“ert ahjussi.” She back, looking at the TV instead to avoid the stare.

 

They laugh at each other though. The moment together, arguing about stupid things is always memorable after all. Soon after that, the nanny comes in and served their drink respectively. She puts it on the table before she leaves again to the kitchen.

 

“Should I carry her back to her room?” Eunhyuk asks his wife, seeing that she’s struggling to get the tea from the table.

 

“Hush, no!” Donghae rejects the idea immediately, “It’s rare for Sungmin to be this intimate with me. Don’t snatch my special moment away.” She slaps Eunhyuk’s hand away from taking Sungmin.

 

“But, you’re struggling now. And you might get numb later.” He argues back.

 

“I don’t care. She’s my baby. So, shoo away…” she waves her hand, rejecting the hand from touching Sungmin.

 

“But, baby…”

 

“No. Don’t argue with me, Hyukkie.” Donghae warns.

 

Eunhyuk sighs by his wife’s stubbornness.

 

“As you wish, baby. Here, your tea.” He helps her taking the drink and sits back again.

 

“Thank you, yeobo. I know you’ll help me.” Eunhyuk just chuckles seeing the happy smiles on her face.

 

Donghae drinks her tea and she continues brushing Sungmin’s hair while humming a song. She doesn’t want her precious daughter to wake up from the argument with her husband just now. Luckily, Sungmin is a heavy sleeper, so, some noises like that really is just nothing for her. Eunhyuk watches the picture with a proud smile on his face. Donghae’s love towards Sungmin really is endless. He’s really thankful on that part. All his tiredness working will just completely go away with their smile.

 

His attention turns back on the TV. He drinks the coffee leisurely, enjoying the moment.

 

“Oh yes Hyukkie, someone confessed to Minnie.”Donghae casually informs him.

 

Eunhyuk abruptly coughs. He spits out all the water that he drinks because of the shock.

 

“What? What confess?! Who?!” he questioned, angry.

 

“Shhh!!” Donghae hiss to him to lower his voice, “Sungmin will wake up.” She whispers.

 

“Opps.” Eunhyuk instantly clasped his mouth with his hands especially when Sungmin actually stirs in her sleep, “Sorry.”

 

“What did you said just now? Who confess to who? What did Sungmin told you?” he asks again to ensure what he heard just now is real.

 

“She said it’s a man from the other company. I didn’t ask for his name, but you might know him if you heard the name.”

 

“So? She…accept?”

 

Donghae shakes her head slowly, “She’s hesitating.”

 

Eunhyuk sighs in relief.

 

“You feel relieved? Why?” Donghae ask, curious with his reaction.

 

“Of course I am. I don’t think Sungmin is ready to be in any relationship, yet.” He reasoned.

 

Donghae’s eyes rolls by that obvious comment. She knows Eunhyuk is only using that excuse to hide the fact that he is the one who doesn’t want Sungmin to get a boyfriend not the other way around.

 

“Not because you are overprotective of her?” Donghae‘s remark is right on the spot seeing that Eunhyuk flinch with it.

 

“What? No! It’s not like that at all. I love my daughter. Of course I want her to be happy. I just think this is not the right moment yet for her to fall in love with anyone.” He reasoned though it’s a bit ridiculous to the ear.

 

Donghae sighs.

 

“Sungmin is at the age of getting married, Hyukkie baby. You should not stop her from falling in love. It’s not wrong to be in relationship.”

 

“I don’t want her to have heartbreak. Once is enough that I saw her crying because of a man. I don’t think I want to see that scene again.” he said, truthfully.

 

“But, if she decides that being in a relationship will make her happy, I will not going to stop her. She can decide whatever she wants to do with her life.” He adds more.

 

“You’ll support her?”

 

Eunhyuk let go a heavy sigh, “Maybe.” he answers short.

 

Donghae smiles to hear that reply. She knows that Eunhyuk didn’t want anyone to hurt their daughter and he is just being a good father. But, she also knows that Sungmin’s happiness is all that matter for him too.

 

He will support Sungmin’s love, that’s for sure. She assures herself in silent.

 

She pats her husband’s hand gently.

 

“We make a promise to protect her, right? And we will always be.”

 

“Yeah, you’re right.” he agrees with her, and they smile to each other.

 

~~

 

Sungmin wakes up from her sleep with a very nice mood the next morning. She scans around and realizes she is already in her room.

 

Appa must have carried me to my room last night. Why can’t I remember anything? Oh well, I’ll thanks him with a kiss later. She told herself and gets up to get ready for the new day.

 

It’s hasn’t been so long since the last time that I went home but every time, appa will spoils me so much. I’m not a kid and been telling him that many times, but he still insisted. I can never argue with him anyway.

 

Sungmin sighs contently sitting inside the bathtub full with warm water. She closes her eyes, enjoying the alone time moment. She opens up her eyes and stares upfront to the ceiling.

 

Love hurts, I know. But, it doesn’t mean that you have to close your heart completely only because of one man.

 

She remembers Donghae’s advice from last night.

 

Maybe umma is right, at one part. But… will it be the same? Can I actually love someone else?

 

It should be a lie to say that she never fall in love with anyone else before Kyuhyun. He met Kyuhyun when she was in college so, it makes total sense that she also got some experience when she’s still in school. She wasn’t like the other girls. She was not social and not popular at all. She was an outcast in her class and didn’t have much friend. Ryeowook didn’t go with her to the same school, so she didn’t really have anyone to rely at school. So, when someone comes inside her life, she was really touched even though it was only pretending.

 

That person is a sunbae from the same club as her and it’s a boy. She always sees the boy everywhere in the school. That boy is popular and has many girls queuing to be his girlfriend. And yes, he’s a playboy. Because of that reason alone, Sungmin avoids from making any interaction with him. But one day, when they are only the two of them alone inside the club room, the boy greets her and somehow, they could sense a lot of similarities between them.

 

Flashback.

 

“You should speak more during the club meeting, Sungminie. You have a very sweet voice.” Sungmin blushes madly by the sudden compliment.

 

“I…I didn’t…”

 

“Come on, don’t be shy.” The boy boldly pats Sungmin on the head, “Have confident in yourself a bit. You’re beautiful, inside and out.” He said.

 

There’s a hint of sincerity in his eyes the way he looks at Sungmin. It was the first time ever than someone said that to her. Sungminlooks down on the floor, being shy and he continue on teasing her. She thanks him though.

 

That was the start she opens her heart to someone else. And yet, everything is too good to be true. By the time everything reveals to be just a prank, she’s already so broken and closed her heart completely. She becomes scared. Fear consumes her, fear of loving or trusting anyone and it becomes her weakness.

 

Flashback end.

 

Knock knock

 

Sungmin snaps away from her flashback by the knock on the door.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Young lady? Are you in there?” it is her nanny.

 

“Yes, ahjumma. What’s wrong?” she asks, washing her face with the warm water, to clearly wake up from the dream just now.

 

“Breakfast is ready. Madam asks me to check on you. You didn’t each much yesterday too.” she said, there’s worry too in her voice.

 

Sungmin smiles, “I’ll finish in a while, ahjumma. Tell umma I’ll join her for breakfast shortly.” Sungmin replies her.

 

“Okay…don’t take too long.”

 

“Arasso.” Sungmin answers again.

 

She hears the footstep and door closing. She rubs her face with both of her hands and slowly drowns her whole body into the water with closed eyes.

 

I’m tired. She tells to no one but only to her inner-self.

 

~~

 

“Good morning, umma.” Sungmin greets Donghae who is enjoying her tea alone at the table.

 

“Good morning, pumpkin. Have a nice sleep last night?”

 

Sungmin nods her head. She takes a seat next to her mother. The nanny served her a cup of tea and leaves afterward.

 

“Appa?”

 

“He’s still sleeping. I didn’t wake him up yet ‘cause he’s been working late again last night.” Donghae answers her daughter’s short question.

 

“Did appa carry me to the room last night, umma?”

 

“Yup. He insisted. And he said that you’re getting lighter. Did you not have proper meal again, Minnie?”Donghae asks her full of concern.

 

“I did, umma. You know that I’m not like other people right? I didn’t gain any weight no matter how much I eat. It makes me wonder sometimes.”

 

“Liar.” Donghae pinches her cheek, “If I ever found out you skips your meal again. I will ask your father to force you back here again.” she threatened, trying his best to make a serious face though it fail.

 

Sungmin laughs lightly by the threat. She knows that her mother just mean good for her.

 

“I will try my best, umma.”

 

“Good girl.” She pats the girl’s head affectionately.

 

“So, where are you going today?”

 

“Oh, I’m going to the café .I’m thinking of adjusting few things there a bit. Also, Wookie said there will be a new customer coming today. So, she needs me to be there to sign the appointment.” Sungmin replies, taking a bite of the bread served.

 

“Then?”

 

“Then, I’m going home for a while to take few documents there. Appa wants me to stay for another night here, so, I’m thinking of bringing some of it to review.”

 

“Then?”

 

“Appa also said that he wants me to help something on his new tender. So, maybe I will have to discuss about that matter with him. He demands that I take a look over it before he makes any decision.”

 

“Then?”

 

“Then…” Sungmin stops and looks at her mother with the corner of her eyes, finally realizing that one word question by her mother just now.

 

She understands where the questions will goes with it.

 

“Umma…” she calls.

 

Donghae is already frowning hard looking at her.

 

“See! You’re going to work again! It’s weekend, Sungminie! But, you’re only thinks about work and works! Where’s your holiday if this continue. No wonder you’re getting thinner. You become a workaholic again. I will tell your appa on this.” Donghae nags.

 

“Umma, no!” Sungmin protested.

 

“Sungmin!” Donghae argues back.

 

Sungmin sighs.

 

“I’m used to working all the time, umma. I’m a PA, personal assistant, remember? Of course I need to finish my job before my superior asks, it’s the etiquette. Beside, the café is mine. I need to pay close attention to it. It’s my job. About Appa, you can’t put all the blame on me, he forces me to do it.” Sungmin explains, hoping that Donghae will not tell her father about her.

 

She really doesn’t want to hear Eunhyuk nagging about it. Her father nagging is actually a lot worse than Donghae’s. Donghae is still frowning at her even after the long explanation. She isn’t satisfied with the fact that Sungmin is always working and didn’t even have any rest for herself. The daughter looks at her with big eyes, pleading and using her best aegyo to her mother. Donghae tries to restrain herself from the plea but then, she could never do it.

 

“But, I’m worry about you!” she said in frustrated.

 

“I know. I know.” Sungmin clasped her hand together, apologizing, “I promise that I will take a good care of my body.” She promised.

 

“Really?” Donghae sulks, didn’t believe in her on purpose.

 

“Let’s do this then.” Sungmin moves closer to her and suggested, “First, I go to back to my apartment, just to take the documents only. Then, I just go to the café, talk to the customer and sign the agreement. About appa’s and my work, I promise you that I will not do it, for today.”

 

“Promise?”

 

“Yes. But, you have to come with me. You will be the one to stop me from overworking. And…maybe we could have some girls bonding together later.”

 

Donghae’s ears perk hearing the proposal, “Only the two of us?”

 

“Anything that you wish, umma.” Sungmin gives her the best smile.

 

“Okay!” Donghae’s mood drastically change as she goes forward and hugs her daughter tight, “I know you will not going to leave me behind. I’m getting jealous you know. You seem to be so ‘click’ with your appa when you do your work but not with me.” She pouts cutely.

 

It makes Sungmin laughs though.

 

“Hehehehe… appa and you are different, umma. I love you more, right? You are after all my most beautiful mother in the world.”

 

“I know.” She pinches Sungmin cheek, feeling happy by the compliment.

 

Sungmin can only smiles by her mother’s childish act. If her aegyo is resistible for everyone else, for her, it is Donghae’s aegyo that she really couldn’t resist the most. But, that isn’t a problem at all. She really loves spending time with her mother. She always knows how to make her happy and ease her stress away. After that, Eunhyuk wakes up from his slumber and joins the family for breakfast. He sulks when he found out that Sungmin’s schedule is already packed with her works and spending more times with his wife not him. In the end, Sungmin has to make another promise with him to make him happy again. The parents really spoil Sungmin the most and Sungmin being the daughter, is always grateful by the special affection shown.

 

~~

 

~At the café~

 

“Oh, Wookie! I miss you!” Donghae hugs Ryeowook firmly as soon as she sees the girl by the counter.

 

Ryeowook giggles and hugs her with the same warmth, “I miss you too, Aunt Hae.” She said.

 

“So, how’s my baby giraffe? Did that turtle of yours already proposing?” she booms her with questions.

 

“Aunt Hae…”

 

“What? It’s about time, you know. How long does he want you to wait for him?” Donghae retorted.

 

“Well, I don’t see why we need to rush so much.” Ryeowok replies to her, pouting her lips a bit.

 

“But…”

 

“I will be fine.” She assures her, “Let’s just forget about me. I heard some good news from Sungmin this morning.” Ryeowook turns around the topic to her best friend instead.

 

“Oh, right! Someone confessed to her!” Donghae said excitedly when she remembers it.

 

“Right!” they high five with each other happily and laugh.

 

The topic changes in an instant. Sungmin who is not far from them could just sigh when they talk about her. She continues reviewing the café’s account while pretending to not care about it. She knows that she will never win against them once they start gossiping with each other especially if it was about her.

 

She and Ryeowook had known each for the longest time than everyone else. Sungmin really loves that best friend of hers because she understands her so much and one of the people that knew about her deepest secret. Her parents also love Ryeowook so much. They treat her just the way a real parents should. Meanwhile for Ryeowook who has lost both of her parents when she was young so, being in Sungmin’s family has always makes her feel so happy.

 

“Wookie, at what time will the new customer come?” Sungmin asks, interrupting their conversation a bit.

 

“Oh that…I almost forget. Wait.” Ryeowook gets up from her seat and walks towards the counter to get her notebook.

 

“You’re having the meeting here?” Donghae asks her daughter while they’re waiting for Ryeowook to come back.

 

Sungmin nods her head.

 

“Who is it? Someone that you know? A man?”

 

“I don’t know umma. And no, it’s a woman. I’ve just talk with her on phone. So, I didn’t know much about her.” Sungmin answers her.

 

“Minnie. Here’s her card. I almost forget to give to you the last time.” Ryeowook hands in a piece of card to Sungmin.

 

“Dr…Jung Jiwon. Ssamdong medical center. Not so far from the café.” She reads the name written on the card.

 

“Also, she said she’s coming at 11. There’s still half an hour. Do you want me to prepare for anything?” Ryeowook informed.

 

“No, not for the moment. We’ll just wait till she comes then we decide together. I better get back to the account. You can continue gossiping.” Sungmin joked at them and leaves to her table by the corner with a smirk.

 

Ryeowook and Donghae watch her walking away from there, look at each other and let go a sigh.

 

“She’s working her out again.” Ryeowook remarks and Donghae nodding her head, agrees.

 

“I really want to meet this Siwon, Wookie. Do you think he will be the perfect choice for Minnie?”

 

“I’m not quite sure Aunt Hae. You know how Sungmin is. She is not that easy to be approach. The past is still haunting her, though vividly.”

 

“I know.” She sighs, “I really wish that she will get a boyfriend fast. She never got to experience a real love from someone else other than us. I want her to get the happiness that she deserves.”

 

“She will, aunt Hae. For sure. We just need to be by her side. If Siwon is the one for her, then, we will help them to be together.”

 

Their talk continues more with some girls’ topic. About half an hour later, the anticipated customer comes. And with her, is someone that they never expected to see, especially for Sungmin.

 

 

TBC

 

 

Will love be the only reason for Sungmin to accept Siwon in her life? Will her father agrees to her this time? And who is that person together with Sungmin’s new customer. Some questions will answer in the next chapter…hopefully…hehehehe I’m not giving the readers hope but, I’m trying my best to write nowadays. >_<  FIGHTING FOR MYSELF!!

It's 1 am here now, and i'm updating! please comment and is highly appreciated!!