I LOVE YOU TOO CHAPTER 46

I Love You Too


 

A/n: Sorry for the late update to the fellow readers~~ And thank you so much for the appreaciation from the previous chapter. It really makes me happy ^^

 

CHAPTER 46 – BEHIND THAT MASK

 

DAY ONE

 

Kyuhyun went into the kitchen to search for his mother the next morning. She’s doing some dishes by the sink. He greeted her casually. After a small talk, he went to ask straight to the point.

 

“Umma, tell me honestly about yesterday. What happened to Sungmin?” he asked.

 

He notices the bitter changes on his mother’s expression but he ignores it. He still wants to know the truth.

 

“I…I don’t know.” Replied Insook and averted his eyes away from her son.

 

“Then, I’ll ask dad.”

 

“Kyuhyun, no!” Insook immediately stopped him, “Why would you ask your dad? He has nothing to do with this.”

 

“Maybe he did judging from the way you react.” Kyuhyun retorted and Insook’s face really tells it all.

 

Insook gulped bitterly, “We don’t know what exactly happened, Kyuhyun. I only saw Sungmin walking by the roadside. We stopped, and greeted her but she seems so absentminded. Her body was also wet, even though there’s no sign of raining at all.” she explained carefully.

 

“Wet?” Kyuhyun repeated the word with a deep frown, “Did dad search anything about it?” he continued asking.

 

Slowly but hesitant, Insook nodded, “Your dad said, he ask for some men to check the nearest café we found her. And, at one café, they said Sungmin had a meeting with two women. They said many hurtful things to her and throw the water onto her face.”

 

Kyuhyun’s anger started to accumulate. How dare someone dare to do that to her? He thought.

 

“Kyuhyun, don’t tell anyone about this yet.” His mother pleaded, “Sungmin looked so depressed and devastated when we force her to our house yesterday. I don’t want to make anything worse by making this thing bigger.”

 

Kyuhyun went into a deep thought.

 

“Don’t worry, umma. I will not tell. I’ll take my leave now.” He excused himself and went to work after taking his coat.

 

Insook watched her son’s leaving in silence. She’s still debating about what is happening, especially to Kyuhyun himself. The last night she was frantic when Kyuhyun came back from sending Sungmin back with cuts all over his face. She asked him but gets ignored totally by the boy.

 

I’m fine, mom.

 

She recalled Kyuhyun’s words of assurance. But, she can see clearly that Kyuhyun is not okay at all. Plus with Sungmin’s condition and her son’s ignorance, now, she has more reason to get worried.

 

 

 

/////

 

 

 

“Good morning!”

 

Kyuhyun gaped. He stared with a deep frown at the woman who greets him at the office. Totally unlike yesterday, Sungmin got a bright smile plastered on her face. Weird, that is what Kyuhyun feels because Sungmin look abnormally normal after what has happened the other night.

 

“Hey, Kyuhyun.” His brother greeted him, casually.

 

“Ah, hey hyung…” he reluctantly greets them back, but still has his eyes fixed on Sungmin only.

 

“Sungminie, will you help me on finding these files?” Junsu hands in a list into Sungmin’s hand, “We’re reviving some of the old project with the other managers. So, please set the meeting room in floor 11, maybe they are more people coming.” He added.

 

Sungmin nodded few times while taking the note, “Is it going to be long?”

 

“Probably.” Kangin answered, “We’re still not sure about that. But, it might take longer because my fathers are coming.”

 

“Appa and dad are coming?” Kyuhyun nervously asked, eyes grew big by the sudden information.

 

Kangin smirked, “Yes, Kyuhyun. Appa and dad are coming. And they want you to present too.”

 

“Like this?” Kyuhyun showed the bruise on his face, “I avoided dad this morning just so that he didn’t see me and now, I still have to see him? Dad might go green if he sees me like this hyung. Can’t I just stay in my office?” he protested whining like a child.

 

“No.” Kangin and Junsu replied him teasingly.

 

Kyuhyun groaned immediately.

 

“Don’t worry, Mr Cho, I’m sure the elder Mr Cho will not get angry much.” Sungmin said, sort of backing him up.

 

Kyuhyun narrowed his eyes, “No, he will get angry, Sungmin. I know my dad.” He retorted.

 

Kangin and Junsu laughed at his remark, but they still insisted him to join no matter what he said. Even with Sungmin’s comforting, Kyuhyun hated it. Kangin continued giving work to Sungmin with him waiting by the side. After they are completely gone, Kyuhyun immediately grabbed Sungmin to the corner and query her.

 

“Sungmin, are you really okay?” he asked the question that has been staked inside his head.

 

Sungmin blinked and nodded innocently, “I’m fine. Why?”

 

“Why? How can you ask why?” Kyuhyun frowned deeper, “Last night…Siwon didn’t do anything to you, right?”

 

Sungmin’s expression slowly changed when he said Siwon’s name. But, it relaxed again after that and Sungmin gave him another smile.

 

“I’m sorry Kyu I’ve hurt you.” Sungmin suddenly apologized, “I didn’t really mean to say whatever I said. I hope you’ll understand. And still, thank you.” She smiled wide, “Thank you for backing me up yesterday.”

 

“Sungmin…”

 

“Please don’t ask me about what happened Kyu. I don’t really want to talk about it. I don’t even want to think anymore.” She cuts off Kyuhyun, “So, please…don’t speak about what you saw to anyone else.” she wished from the man, “I want to forget it and I hope you’ll do the same.”

 

Kyuhyun stares unbelievably at her. He can see that Sungmin is lying. But, the pleas from her somehow, grew a soft spot in Kyuhyun’s heart. A deep sigh escaped from his lips.

 

“Just don’t force yourself, okay?” he warned.

 

Sungmin nodded obediently and promised him. Even though it was a total lies, Sungmin really doesn’t want to talk much about it anymore. It hurts her enough. She and Kyuhyun continued with their work after that and they tried never talk about the other night incident ever again especially not to anyone.

 

“What happened to your face?” Hwanghoo immediately asked the instant he sees Kyuhyun.

 

Kyuhyun groaned and tried to avoid his dad but failed miserably when another father come and query him the same question.

 

Kangin smirked, circling his hand on the latter’s shoulder, “He fought appa.” He told them.

 

“YOU WHAT?!” They screamed in perfect match.

 

“HYUNG!!” Kyuhyun protested feeling totally annoyed by his hyung teasing.

 

Kangin laughed happily to make fun of the boy. He never gets tired doing so, and every time, he never gets disappointed. His appa and dad nagged and lectured him harsh for acting so reckless just how Kangin predicted. And no matter how much they asked, Kyuhyun insisted of not telling anything. Well, he wants to speak the truth, but when he glanced behind he was sure he saw Sungmin’s eyes saddened. Keeping his promise from the morning, he stayed silent. Even though his ears burned from the nagging, he remained silent.

 

When it is lunch, he and Sungmin had a lunch at the office. At first, the fathers wanted the two of them to follow them for lunch, but Kyuhyun insisted of not going because of his condition. He got another nagging from both fathers. With the exception, this time Sungmin voluntarily backing him up.

 

“I’ll stay with Kyuhyun, Cho appa, Kim appa.” She told the two elders.

 

Kyuhyun didn’t hide his smile of happiness when he heard it.

 

“But why baby girl? Kyuhyun is a grown up and I’m sure he’ll manage to eat alone.” Sangkyu retorted with a stare at his son.

 

Sungmin chuckled sweetly, “You’re right but he’ll be alone then. Don’t worry about me. I’ll be fine.”

 

Sangkyu sighed, “Fine. We’ll leave first then.” He surrendered notice there’s no use of arguing.

 

“Make sure you buy something healthy and pay for everything, Kyuhyun.” Hwanghoo warned him before they left.

 

Kyuhyun growled unsatisfying but he obeyed nonetheless. He bought some takeouts and gladly enjoyed the lunch together with just him and Sungmin in his office.

 

“You’re okay now?” he asked, for the nth time of the day.

 

Sungmin rolled her eyes at his question. She sighed faintly.

 

“I am okay, Mr Cho Kyuhyun.” Sungmin mocked, “Can you please stop asking me that question?” she told him, annoyed.

 

“What? I am being concern, right?”

 

“And I don’t need it.” Sungmin fast rebutted, eyeing him with stares of dagger.

 

“Alright. Alright. I’ll stop asking.” Kyuhyun admitted defeat, “Don’t get so annoyed.” He said dejectedly.

 

Sungmin pouted realizing that he’s sulking. Without saying anything, her hands skillfully helps to serve the food bought by Kyuhyun and arranged it on the table. She hands him the chopstick.

 

“Eat carefully. You’re hurt, right?” she reminded.

 

A bright smile formed on Kyuhyun automatically.

 

“Okay!” he chirped amidst a child and enjoyed the lunch.

 

It does hurt a little with the cut on his lips from the fight, but with Sungmin’s smile, everything was all better. He needs not for any medicine except that. And yet, he didn’t know and didn’t even notice the sad smile that Sungmin had. He didn’t even realize the mask that Sungmin is wearing.

 

 

 

/////

 

 

 

“My dear DO~~” Sungmin sang happily, “I missed you so much.” she kissed Ryeowook’s cheek and her belly lovingly making her laugh by the affection.

 

“Well, baby DO also missed his mommy Minnie. Even though she’s always busy.” She said.

 

Sungmin gave her a wide grin. Though she knew Ryeowook is mocking her, she couldn’t even disagree with it. After work that afternoon, she decided to pay a visit at the café. Ryeowook also needs her opinion on their new order, so that’s one of the reasons she came. Apart from, she really did miss Ryeowook and her unborn nephew.

 

“Is there still anything I can help? What is about now?” she asked, when she settle down on a chair.

 

“It’s an order for a college event, unnie. What do you think we should do?” Taemin asked her.

 

“College? For what event?”

 

“Err…”

 

“Their professor’s retirement.” Ryeowook came and answered the question since Taemin having a difficulty in doing so.

 

“Ah right. For that event.” She agreed with a grin, “Here.”

 

She gave Sungmin the order form. Sungmin reads the paper carefully and tried to understand the details.

 

“Retirement day? We can’t put numbers then. It will be inappropriate. What do you think, Wookie? Should I make some designs for the cakes?” she offered and Taemin nodded agreeing.

 

Taemin knew that Sungmin’s designs are special in its own way. It’s different than Jungkok’s one but a very good different. That what she likes about Sungmin’s cake. Furthermore, Sungmin only make something when she had free time, which makes it even more special. She always anticipates whenever Sungmin volunteer to make something.

 

“Ah, don’t forget to ask Jungkok too, Minnie. I think he had some ideas for the cake base.” Told Ryeowook.

 

“Okay. I’ll check it with him later.”

 

With that, Sungmin settled down at the café for the whole evening. She even stayed for dinner with the staffs. Moreover, she and Jungkok need to discuss a lot for the upcoming event. Jungkok is usually who make all the cake, and Sungmin did mostly the designs and giving ideas. But, whenever they are together, they can create any impossible pastry into a possible one. Tiffany and Taemin also help. They work together but in Ryeowook’s eyes, she noticed something different with Sungmin. But, when she asked, as usual Sungmin will answer her with a positive response.

 

“I look pale?” Sungmin repeated what been said, looking naïve as ever.

 

Ryeowook nodded, “You’re not getting sick again, right?” she asked again, instinctively put her hand on Sungmin’s forehead to check for her temperature.

 

A pout automatically appeared on Sungmin’s lips.

 

“I’m fine, Wookie. I am always looking a bit pale, remember? I thought it was supposed to be my trait.” She retorted unsatisfying.

 

“I know it’s your trait. But, you do look so tired. You’re not overworking yourself again, right?” Ryeowook continued with her concern.

 

Sungmin gave her a wide smile.

 

“No, I’m not. I’m still the same and I am still okay.” She assured her, wholeheartedly.

 

Ryeowook frowned looking at her best friend. She sense lies but she also knew Sungmin doesn’t want to talk about it. After the longest though, she decided to not ask her further because Sungmin seems so excited talking with the others. When it was almost midnight, Sungmin shooed Ryeowook home for her to rest and continued doing her work.

 

 

 

/////

 

 

 

DAY TWO

 

Another morning has come. Birds chirping from the outside could be heard vividly. Jungkok yawned and stretched himself after waking up from a good night sleep. There are more works for him to do after receiving yesterday’s order. But, when he reached the kitchen, his eyes widened of surprise.

 

“Ming?”

 

The said person turned by the call, and smiled.

 

“What…are you doing?” Jungkok hesitantly asked, still in gawk seeing her.

 

“Finishing touch. There.” Sungmin puts the flower’s craft that she made carefully on the cake.

 

She smiled proudly after she finished. There are 2 story-cake and few cupcakes on the table, with different designs too. Jungkok was still blank looking at her while processing the situation.

 

What on earth did Sungmin do in the café’s kitchen so early in the morning? It’s normal for him because he is the pastry chef and rent the room just above the floor. But Sungmin is…he scans Sungmin from head to toe.

 

“Did you stay over?” he pondered out his inner thought.

 

Sungmin gave him an awkward grin.

 

“I’ve rest in the back room, don’t worry.” Responded Sungmin, “I just thought that I’ll be finishing the cake first for you and the others to try.”

 

“Can it wait?”

 

“It can but, I just feel like doing it.” Sungmin continued on answering Jungkok’s question while cleaning up her work station.

 

“But Sungmin you’re supposed to…”

 

“My work starts at nine, Kookie.” Sungmin cuts him, “In case you want to nag again, I’ll better leave first and go home to rest. It’s still early, you know.” She said, pointing to her watch the timing.

 

Jungkok opens his mouth but to close it again without any sound. It seems that no matter what he said, it would be meaningless again Sungmin. He heaved a deep sigh but agreed to Sungmin either. He helped her and quickly chased her away before she makes another excuse of helping again. He noticed Sungmin looked tired and he really didn’t want Sungmin to stress herself so much.

 

Sungmin went to the café again that afternoon. This time, Minho is also there. He came to visit plus flirting with Sungmin’s little waitress, Lee Taemin. Ever since the first time, he came to Sungmin’s café, he can’t help but to fell in love with the pastries plus Lee Taemin also. He likes seeing her reaction whenever he teases her. Probably he’s already in love, but, he still didn’t admit much about it. Judging from the protectiveness of Sungmin and the others, he knew Taemin is their precious little maknae which he should take caution of.

 

“So, you like our Taeminie?” Sungmin boldly asked.

 

“Unnie!” Taemin by the side protested.

 

Her face was already bright red by the embarrassment. The others laughed at Sungmin’s joke but only Minho smirked.

 

“What if I am?” he said.

 

Taemin swore her face couldn’t get any hotter after hearing it.

 

“Stop joking, idol! It’s not funny!” she screamed frustrated and stormed away from there immediately.

 

Minho and Sungmin laughed altogether.

 

“She’s really shy.” Commented Minho and Sungmin nodded by the side, agreeing.

 

“So, what are you doing here? You can’t be only trying to flirt with my waitress, right?” Sungmin finally asked.

 

Minho let out a big laugh after Sungmin’s question.

 

“Not completely but it is true though.”

 

“Haha…funny Minho.” Sungmin fake a laugh, “Don’t even think about hurting my baby.” She warned.

 

“Oh come on, Ming. Don’t be so uptight. You know I’m a loyal man, right?”

 

Sungmin sneered at his confidence.

 

“I know you too well to say that, Minho. Furthermore, you’re a public figure. I really didn’t want to get in touch much with those kinds of people.” She mocked.

 

“Yah, yah.” Minho protested, “Those kinds of people include me you know.” He rebutted.

 

Sungmin just laugh at him.

 

“Anyway, do you have tiramisu, Ming?” Minho changes the topic.

 

“Tiramisu? Yeah, we do. Why?”

 

“But, there’s none here.” Minho pointed to the cake’s counter.

 

“Of course there’s none there, Minho. Tiramisu is my chef’s special menu. We only make it for any special order. If you want, you can order it.”

 

“Special? What’s so special about tiramisu?” he asked more.

 

“Tsk…tsk…you have no sense, Minho.” Sungmin commented, “Tiramisu is a very delicate dessert. If you’re not careful in making it, a tiramisu will not be a tiramisu but only a coffee based cake. That’s why, in my café, we make it whenever someone orders it only. People complained but I really want to present the best tiramisu cake.” She explained her thought.

 

“Ehh…I didn’t know that there’s such a thing.”

 

“Yes there is.” Sungmin added, “Moreover,” suddenly she moved closer to Minho’s ears and whispered, “Tiramisu is my Taeminie’s favorite.”

 

A wide grin immediately appeared on Minho’s face. He turned to Sungmin and they high-five with each other.

 

“Call!” he said, totally happy by the information given, “I would like to order tiramisu then.” He decided.

 

Sungmin laughed fondly by Minho’s excitement, “Do you want a sample?”

 

“There is one?”

 

Sungmin nodded, “Taeminie always keep one. She likes it so much that every week she’ll ask me or Jungkok to make it for her. I’ll try to ask her first. Stay.” She ordered her and gets up to search for the said thing.

 

After that, Sungmin came with the tiramisu cake but unlike the one Minho usually bought, the cake shown by Sungmin is in a jar. Minho stared blankly at the jar when Sungmin explained everything about the cake. He nodded few times, listening but he couldn’t help but grin when Taemin came to join them. It seems that Sungmin did take her cake of the day. She’s really dissatisfied but she didn’t take the cake back, even with Minho voluntarily give.

 

“Just eat. Unnie said this is one of the promotions.” She said.

 

Obeying the latter, Minho took a bite of the cake. He finally believes in Sungmin’s word when the taste touches his taste bud. It is special and very delicious, totally not like the one he buys before. But, Minho couldn’t even hide his grin when he sees the dejected look on Taemin’s face from the corner of his eyes.

 

“My cake of the day…” he heard the girl murmured sadly like a whisper.

 

Sungmin and Minho laughed softly at Taemin’s reaction.

 

“Don’t be sad. I’ll make a new one for you tomorrow.” Sungmin promised and instantly a smile bloomed on Taemin’s face.

 

Minho who saw it was mesmerized. He could almost hear romantic music playing behind him.

 

Damn, he is really in love. He told himself, smiling widely watching the interaction between Sungmin and Taemin.

 

Sungmin explained again about her cakes and everything to promote to Minho. Midway, Sungmin exchanged herself with Taemin and asked her to do the finishing instead. Taemin complained but Sungmin insisted and left them without listening to any protest. She just wants to give space to both of them to know each other. Minho is a good man, she knows that and if he really like her Taemin, then it will not hurt much for her to be the matchmaker. Furthermore, behind the shy smile, she knew Taemin like the idea so much.

 

A half an hour later, the discussion ended and Sakura café got another order. Taemin gleefully steps inside the kitchen to spread the happy news to Sungmin. She has finished doing the discussion plus talking with Minho and send him home. She can’t help but feels happy to be able to talk so long with her crush. She needs to thank Sungmin later on, she reminded herself. At the kitchen, Taemin saw Sungmin in front of the kitchen counter but not doing anything but staring into space. She greeted Sungmin first but she got no response. Strange by Sungmin’s spacing out, Taemin called again.

 

“Unnie.”

 

“Ah!” Sungmin tensed out loud.

 

Taemin was taken aback when Sungmin suddenly flinched and pushed her hands.

 

“Sungmin unnie?”

 

“Ah sorry, Tae.” She apologized for no specific reason, “I was thinking about something.”

 

“Are you okay?” Taemin asked worriedly.

 

“Em, I’m okay. What is it? Do you need something?”

 

“Ah here, Minho-ssi already signed the order form. He agreed with 30 bottles of Tiramisu jars with a cake. About the design…” Taemin starts explaining with Sungmin nodding with every detail, “He said he’ll send the details later.”

 

“He already got your phone number?” Sungmin teased with a smirk.

 

Taemin blushed madly, “Unnie! Stop teasing me!”

 

Sungmin laughed at her anger.

 

“Sorry. Sorry. Give me the paper. I’ll contact with Minho later and asked him myself. Just give me whatever info you had.”

 

The paper exchanged hands and Sungmin reads it again. Taemin still has her eyes on Sungmin.

 

“Unnie, are you really okay?” Taemin asked again to ensure.

 

Sungmin answered her only with a smile and patted her cheeks.

 

“I’m fine. Stop worrying.” She told the lad and left.

 

Taemin absentmindedly stares at Sungmin’s figure. She didn’t know why but she wondered why she felt there’s something that Sungmin is hiding from.

 

Maybe she’s just tired. She shrugged her negative thought away and continued with her works.

 

 

 

/////

 

 

 

When it’s time to close the café, Sungmin volunteered to send Ryeowook back home. She invited Sungmin to join her and her husband for dinner but Sungmin politely declined. She reasoned she has to go home and Ryeowook couldn’t rebut after hearing the excuse. Sungmin waved goodbye to Ryeowook and drove back to her parents’ house next. She promised her umma to accompany her for dinner that day, plus her appa is not home, so it’s a good excuse to come home and rest without nagging.

 

“Sungmin, why do you look pale?” the first question popped by the mother when she sees her.

 

Sungmin pouted.

 

“Why does everyone keep saying the same thing? I’m sick of saying I’m okay.” she complained with a sigh.

 

“Everyone? Then, it must be because you are looking pale.” Donghae holds Sungmin’s face between her hands, and forced her to look into her eyes, “Is there something wrong?” she asked worriedly.

 

Sungmin looked straight into her eyes. She sighed again and this time, hugged Donghae firmly.

 

“Sungmin?”

 

“I’m fine, umma.” She mumbled in the hug, “Or,” she suddenly detached herself away from Donghae, “You don’t want me here? I can always go…” Sungmin threatened.

 

“No!” Donghae holds her hand, “Alright, alright. I’ll stop asking.” She surrendered.

 

As much as she wants to know Sungmin’s condition, she rather not knowing than letting her go. It’s already difficult enough to ask her daughter to come home for dinner. Sungmin satisfyingly smiles. Her threat is always possible against her family.

 

“Come on in. let’s eat before it gets cool.” Donghae said.

 

“Alright!” Sungmin cheered happily.

 

 

 

/////

 

 

 

DAY THREE

 

Sungmin went to the office the next day and was surprised to see a bottle of energy drink and a box of three contains Mr Doughnuts. She frowned as she scans the gift confusingly. She took the note on the box and reads it.

 

‘You look pale. Eat this to regain your energy. Marcus Cho.’

 

A smile automatically formed on Sungmin’s lips. Marcus Cho is none other than Cho Kyuhyun himself. She knew that perfectly because that name is once popular back in their university days. Touched by his concern, she took the box and carefully arranged it away into her secret place.

 

I’ll eat when it’s lunch time. She reminded herself and at the same time, typing something using her phone and send.

 

The other person’s phone vibrated. Kyuhyun picked it up and smiled instantly when he realized it’s from Sungmin.

 

‘Thank you for the Mr Doughnuts, Mr Cho.’

 

It’s a simple message but, as simple it is, he is already happy. Honestly, he’s been worried about Sungmin. After the last incident of him fighting with Siwon, Sungmin seems too normal than what he thought she ought to be. He doesn’t want to think negatively but somehow his heart telling him otherwise. He didn’t want Sungmin to keep all her sadness inside and alone. But, he also knew Sungmin’s habit of hiding her feelings. So, he determined to do anything that is possible to help to at least forget the pain a little bit.

 

He sighed tiredly. Pain.

 

This has nothing to do with you. Just go home.

 

I’m sorry Kyu I’ve hurt you.

 

Thank you for backing me up.

 

Sungmin’s word in different emotions flashed though his mind. He still remembers what happened and it’s a lie to say he’s forgotten. Every time he sees Sungmin, he will be reminded by the pain that Sungmin hid. It pained his heart because he knew that Sungmin is pretending to be okay. He re-read the message again and sends a reply. A smile formed.

 

It’s alright. I’ll just distract her from getting stressful then. He determined and started doing his work for the day.

 

Like he determined to do, when it was lunch time, he voluntarily and forcefully pulled Sungmin away from the work table and took her to a restaurant. Sungmin refused at first but after a promise of treating her, finally Sungmin agreed.

 

“What are you doing Sungmin?” asked Kyuhyun breaking the silence.

 

He’s been noticing Sungmin has her face pasted closer to a sketch book, drawing something ever since they reached the restaurant. Sungmin turned up from her sketch book and grinned.

 

“Drawing.” She replied simply.

 

Kyuhyun frowned.

 

“Drawing? What kind of?” he asked.

 

“Cakes!” Sungmin replied him cheerfully and showed him the pictures.

 

Kyuhyun widened his eyes to see it carefully. He is sure amazed to see such a detail drawing of a cake sketched onto the drawing block. It’s in black and white but it still looks beautiful just the same. He holds out his hand asking for the sketch book. The sketch book exchanged hands.

 

“What do you think?” asked Sungmin hopefully.

 

“It’s good.” He commented short and simple, after a closer look.

 

He hands back the book to Sungmin.

 

“Really? Great then. I’ll just need to do the finishing.” Sungmin told herself, as a reminder.

 

Her attention once more focused onto the drawing. Kyuhyun was ignored, again. But, he didn’t comment much on it. In fact, he feels in awe looking at Sungmin’s concentration on the drawings. Something that he rarely sees since the last time.

 

“I didn’t know you could draw so well, Sungminie.” He speaks again.

 

Sungmin turned up from her drawings, “Why? You think it’s not good?” she asked, innocently.

 

Kyuhyun laughed softly.

 

“I said it’s good just now, right?” he retorted and Sungmin smiles immediately, “It just feels strange. It’s been long since the last time you started drawing openly like this. Is it because…”

 

“No.” Sungmin right away stopped his question, “I don’t want to continue talking it if you’re going to say what am I thinking now.” She said, strictly.

 

Kyuhyun sighed, “Okay, I’ll stop.”

 

She just understands me so much, he keeps the remaining answer inside, “You can do other drawing than the cakes right?” he changed the subject.

 

Sungmin pouted but still nodded.

 

“My face?” he suggested suddenly.

 

Sungmin blinked at him grinning. Without saying a single retort, she started focusing and drawing something onto the book. Kyuhyun was confused by her reaction. But, before he rebutted anything, Sungmin showed him her drawing once more.

 

“This is you.” Sungmin said.

 

Her hands pointed at one corner where a mini figure was drawn, simply. Kyuhyun squinted his eyes at the character drawn. It was a mini version of him, eyes drawn in single line and wearing a spectacles.

 

“Yah! I’m not a nerd okay!” he talked back and yet Sungmin just laughed it off.

 

“Well, you ask for yours. And this is what I see.” She said, still laughing.

 

“Why you…”

 

“Wow, nice drawing Sungminie.” A voice suddenly praised Sungmin from the back.

 

The two of them in sync turned and were astonished upon recognizing the person.

 

“Hyung!”             “Oppa!” both he and Sungmin called for them.

 

Kangin smirked and Junsu behind him waved at the youngsters happily. Sungmin inevitably smiled seeing them, showing her gladness of meeting them.

 

“You’re here for a lunch too?” she asked.

 

Junsu nodded, “Can we join?” he enquired, especially giving the question to Kyuhyun.

 

“Of course you can!” Sungmin chirped.

 

An evil smirk formed on Kangin and Junsu, seeing Kyuhyun had his eyes narrowed at them. They invited themselves to sit ignoring Kyuhyun’s death stare.  Kyuhyun unconsciously groaned under his breath. When he thought of eating lunch only the two of them, came suddenly Kangin and Junsu interrupting, it is really not his lucky day. Well, it is his fault for choosing the closest restaurant near the office.

 

He huffed and averted his eyes away from the teasing look of the hyungs. They laughed it off at Kyuhyun’s attic. He still has no room to argue back anyway.

 

“Are you making a new cake Sungminie?” asked Kangin, getting interested.

 

Sungmin smiled and nodded, “We got new orders yesterday. Also…I’m thinking of creating new flavor at the café.” She explained.

 

“Ehh…new flavor? Can I get a sample?” Kangin requested, showing his best puppy eyes.

 

Sungmin giggled seeing the eyes, “Of course you’ll get one oppa.”

 

“Me?” Kyuhyun and Junsu joined in the conversation.

 

“Yes, yes. All of you will get one. Just let me finish it first.” Sungmin promised.

 

They continued talking more about Sungmin’s new cake with Kangin and the others voluntarily giving their ideas. Sungmin gladly accepted and wrote everything. Kyuhyun watched and silently glad that his hyungs were there with them. Sungmin smiles a lot and the least is she will stop thinking about her problem.

 

 

 

/////

 

 

 

That same evening, Minho willingly came again to Sakura Café. He hides himself pretty well so not be recognized by his fans. But, his one and only fan, Taemin could recognize him from miles away. With just a smile from the latter, Taemin swore her legs can goes jelly anytime. But of course she needs to keep her straight face.

 

“Hey Taeminie, can I ask something?” Minho asked.

 

“Hm? What is it?”

 

“Is Sungmin making an art?”

 

“Eh? What do you mean?” Taemin asked back, strangely.

 

“Well…” he scratched his nape, “I parked my car next to her just now and I saw about a dozen of sketch books inside her car.”

 

“Sketch books?”

 

“Don’t get me wrong, I’m not stalking her.” he quickly added, “I was just wondering.”

 

Taemin went still in deep thought.

 

“Taeminie, did I say something wrong?”

 

“Ah, no. it’s not that. It just…seems so strange. Minnie unnie only used sketch book to draw her cakes. But many sketch books is unusual…” she trailed her words, “Ah Wookie unnie!” Taemin called for her when she sees Ryeowook walking not too far from them.

 

“What is it, Taeminie?”

 

“Did Sungmin unnie starts drawing again?”

 

“Draw? No, I don’t think so. Why did you ask?”

 

“Ah, it’s that…” Taemin eyeing Minho beside her, “Minho oppa said he saw many sketch books inside Minnie unnie’s car.”

 

“Eh? What do you mean by many?” Ryeowook turned to Minho for assurance.

 

“Many because it is more than ten?”

 

“Ah.” Something clicked inside Ryeowook’s head.

 

Sketch books? Many? I did notice Sungmin always brings a new sketch book to design new cake in these three days. It can’t be that…

 

Ryeowook suddenly started walking towards somewhere. Taemin and Minho looked at each other. Confusion is clearly written on their face. Ryeowook came back soon after with a key on her hand, maybe car keys. She walked passed those two to outside. Still confused, Taemin and Minho trailed closely behind her. They reached Sungmin’s car and just blankly stares as Ryeowook clicked the car open. True as Minho said, Ryeowook did found more than ten of sketch books at the passenger’s seat. She flipped open each one of it in fast speed and become anxious after seeing the content of it.

 

“Unnie, what’s wrong?” Taemin’s voice breaks the silence.

 

Ryeowook didn’t answer her but to continue on checking inside Sungmin’s car. She went back of the car and started opening the bonnet. Taemin and Minho noticed the frantic look on her face. She gasped out of conscious when the bonnet opened. The other two were also shocked. There are few shopping bags inside. Ryeowook immediately recognize some of the clothes because it was what Sungmin wore in the past days. There are also new clothes that are still untouched.

 

FLASHBACK

 

“Did you buy new clothe, Ming?”

 

Sungmin nodded, “Change of routine.” She answered Tiffany’s question with a giggle.

 

FLASHBACK END

 

Ryeowook remembered Sungmin and Tiffany’s conversation. Her face unconsciously turned pale.

 

“What are all these, Ryeowook? Didn’t Sungmin wear this dress yesterday? I thought that she went home.” Minho pondered his thought out loud.

 

“She…didn’t go home.”

 

“What?” Taemin and Minho asked in sync.

 

“She’s hiding something from us. We need to ask her, fast.” She concluded and in fast speed closes the car’s bonnet, locked it and marched back towards the café.

 

Taemin and Minho followed her right behind, still didn’t get it and confused the sudden situation. Upon arrival, Ryeowook’s eyes quickly scanned around looking for Sungmin. She found the girl’s silhouette not too far from the back room, talking with someone, Minhyuk.

 

“Where were you in the last three days, Lee Sungmin?” they heard Minhyuk asking Sungmin, “Why didn’t you go home?”

 

 

/// FEW HOURS BEFORE ///

 

 

“Here are the clothes you asked for.” Minhyuk stated coldly to Minjung while putting a set of clothes of the rack.

 

He heard a hum from the actress and just does his job. They were alone at that time. It seems Jonghyun as the manager left somewhere. Minhyuk continued on arranging the clothes carefully on the rack in silence. There is nothing for him to talk about with the actress. After all, he never did like her.

 

“Oh, Minyuk.” Minjung suddenly call before Minhyuk take his leave.

 

The said man turned towards her, waiting. Minjung is still looking at the mirror, retouching her make-up.

 

“Did you contact with Sungmin lately?” she smugly asked.

 

Minhyuk was alarmed by the sudden name. He knew somehow there is always something not right whenever Sungmin’s name came out from Minjung’s lips. And he really hated it.

 

“No, why?” he replied simply.

 

“No?” Minjung chuckled, “Then, you must have not known about Sungmin’s current status. She’s solo now.” She said and Minhyuk’s eyes grew big upon hearing it.

 

“What? What did you just say? Say it again.” he ordered her.

 

Minjung sneered, “I said…Sungmin is solo now. Her relationship with Siwon is over. They’ve break up. Aren’t you supposedly to be the happiest?” she said, sort of mocking Minhyuk.

 

Minhyuk’s expression darkened. But, Minjung didn’t see it and continued talking.

 

“I heard from Siwon’s mother about it. So, you can trust in my information. Also, since I am concern about you, I thought of telling…”

 

PANG!!

 

“AHH!” Minjung shrieked loudly when a water bottle suddenly flung into the wall shocked her to the core, “Just what is your problem?! Ah…” she asked the man but her words stuck instantly when she sees Minhyuk’s expression.

 

Minhyuk has his eyes on her, glaring deathly. If it could kill, she will probably be dead by that stare. She could almost hear gritting of teeth came from the man. After a last glare, Minhyuk dashed outside leaving her finally be able to breathe. She didn’t even know that she’s been holding it. Her feet glee fall onto the chair, sighing heavily.

 

“Crazy jerk.” She cursed.

 

But, just before her heart calm down, the door opened again and this time, it’s Jonghyun who appeared.

 

“What is that?” he asked, straight away.

 

Minjung frowned at him, obviously irritated. But, Jonghyun is more irritated than her. He walked fast approaching her and trapped Minjung from going away from the chair.

 

“Said it again. Tell me what you just tell Minhyuk. Tell me the truth Minjung.” He demanded with a glare.

 

“What? What do you want me to say?” Minjung retorted back, “Sungmin and Siwon broke up that’s all.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Why? I don’t know why. Ask her yourself.” She bluffly replied.

 

Jonghyun stares at her sharpened. Minjung gulped anxiously, out of sudden scare by his reaction. She knew that stare is not a good one. After the longest stare ever, Jonghyun sighed and moved away.

 

“I hope you have nothing to do with this, Minjung-ssi. You should know what the consequence is if you did.” Jonghyun threatened her.

 

Minjung’s head burned instantly. She slammed her hand on the table angrily.

 

“Why?! Why are you reacting like this?! How could you accuse me?!” she enraged.

 

Without turning back, “Because I know you too well, Lee Minjung. Be careful.” Jonghyun coldly said and left.

 

Minjung gawked looking at the door.

 

“AHHH!!” she yelled angrily, “All because of that girl! Everything is all because of that girl!!!” she vented out her frustration, throwing everything she could reach onto the floor.

 

Her ill-intention finally backfired. She grunted, really furious by the reaction she got. With that, her hatred towards Sungmin grew even greater.

 

Minhyuk on the other hand, after knowing the situation, he dashed looking for Sungmin. He wanted to make sure, so, called for her, but couldn’t get connected. He went to her home but also couldn’t reach her. Finally, he went to the café. He did meet Sungmin there but surprisingly, Sungmin’s reaction towards him seems normal. Too normal to be said. The smile that she gave him, it pained his heart so much.

 

 

/// BACK TO PRESENT ///

 

 

“What do you mean?” Sungmin questioned back naively.

 

Minhyuk growled under his breath, “I went to your house and your neighbors said they haven’t seen you at all in the past three days. Where were you?” he asked again with an angry stare in his eyes as he waited for Sungmin to reply.

 

Ryeowook approached the two of them in fast mode.

 

“Sungminie.” She called which grabbed attention the two lads.

 

“Ah, Wookie.”

 

“You didn’t go home?” Ryeowook asked straight to the point.

 

“Eh, why are saying that too, Wookie? I’m…”

 

“There are changes of clothes in your car.”

 

Sungmin tensed.

 

“They were the same clothes that you wore in these days too.” She added.

 

Sungmin went quite in silence.

 

“Sungmin, tell us. What is all these?” Minhyuk asked.

 

Sungmin stares, still didn’t give them any answer, “It’s…it’s nothing.” She said simply and quickly walked away.

 

“Sungmin!” Minhyuk and Ryeowook called, already annoyed by Sungmin’s reaction.

 

They followed Sungmin. Taemin and Minho whom were there were also about to do the same when suddenly a man’s figure walked passed by them swiftly. They were stunned by the sudden appearance of the man that they become motionless watching.

 

“Kyuhyun oppa?” Taemin said the name and she and Minho looked at each other, puzzled.

 

“Sungmin, wait!” Minhyuk grabbed her hands before run away more, “Stop running! And stop lying to us! You are not okay!” he told her into the face, already irritated.

 

Sungmin pushed his hand away, harsh. Everyone was astounded.

 

Let’s end it just here, Lee Sungmin. I’m sick of this already.

 

“No…you’re…wrong…” She mumbled, stepping backward away from them, “I’m…I’m…”

 

You said you’re a ?

 

“I’m fine…”

 

How many men have you slept with actually, Sungmin? How many times have you sold yourself to other men except me? Did you get a lot of money? Is this why you refused me? Because you’re a ?

 

Sungmin’s sight blurred out of sudden. Her head feels heavy as all her tiredness that she holds on washed through her. Everything said by Siwon on their breakup day flashed through her like a black white movie. She remembered now. She was never okay. And just before she reacts to anything, her body went limb and collapsed onto the floor.

 

“SUNGMIN!”

 

Minhyuk, Ryeowook and Kuhyun cried in panic as Sungmin loses her conscious in front of them just like that.

 

 

 

TBC