I LOVE YOU TOO CHAPTER 23

I Love You Too

Chapter 23

 

A few minutes on road lead the couple to one expensive restaurant. Siwon escorted Sungmin out from the car and together they walked to the restaurant with Sungmin holding Siwon’s arm on one side. They got a private room of their own and take a seat. After finished ordering, they waited patiently. Sungmin was still smiling, anticipating the menu to be served. Siwon also smile, happy to see the smile on Sungmin’s face.

 

“Sungmin…can I actually ask you something personal?”

 

Sungmin nodded, giving permission.

 

Siwon clears his throat before asking.

 

“You…and Yesung-hyung...” Sungmin’s head tilted to the side cutely, by the sudden name speak of, a little bit confuse, “Are you really that close with each other?”

 

“Eh? You mean?”

 

“Well…you know. Hugging, kissing, staying at your house…and nicknames…you look like more than just adopted sibling.” He mumbles inaudibly, looking away from Sungmin.

 

Sungmin blinked repeatedly.

 

Did she hear it right? Hugging? Kissing? When did Siwon saw her and Yeye kissing? It has only a day where she introduced Yeye to Siwon. And nickname…is Sungminie has lots of different with the other way Yeye called me?

 

Sungmin questioned herself confusingly.

 

“Err…sorry to ask this, but, you are not actually…jealous of Yeye oppa right?” She asked, word by word hesitantly.

 

Siwon turned to look at her with a pout. Sungmin had to hold out her laughter after seeing that ridiculous pout.

 

“What if I am?”

 

Sungmin smiles amusingly. It’s funny to think that Siwon is actually jealous of her and Yesung. But then again, she admitted that she and Yesung are special in one or another.

 

“Vicky really didn’t tell you anything about my relationship with Yesung oppa, Siwon-ssi?”

 

Siwon stared confusingly but he nodded nonetheless. He feels weirder to see Sungmin smile grew even more.

 

“Then…did you know that Ryeowookie is his girlfriend?”

 

Siwon’s eyes expanded three times more after the information, “Eh? What? Girlfriend?” he repeated.

 

“Yes, girlfriend.”

 

Siwon’s mouth hangs open by the revelation. It seems that he really has some big misunderstanding going on.

 

“So…you and him are never together?”

 

Sungmin shakes her head, denying.

 

“Then, why is he staying at your house?” he asked to answer his curiosity.

 

Sungmin chuckles softly by the statement, “Yeye didn’t stay with me in that apartment. I live alone, remember. He is there at my house now is because Wookie is also there with me. That’s the main and solely reason why.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Yes, really.” Sungmin smile never fade, still feels funny.

 

“But…he greets me from the house like he actually lives there. And he even called…baby…isn’t that you?” he asked, still couldn’t believe what has been told even though it was all obvious.

 

“He called baby, and only baby right?” Siwon nodded blankly, “That nickname if for Wookie. His girlfriend, not me. Yeye’s only nickname for me is Sungminie or baby girl. And if you ask me, all my family members call me that. There’s nothing special in that.” Sungmin explained more.

 

Siwon blinked. Once. Twice. And three times more after that.

 

“Oh…ohh…so that’s the reason.” Finally everything makes sense to him, “Sorry for assuming things too early.” He apologized, scratching his non-itchy head to hide the embarrassment.

 

Sungmin giggles.

 

“It’s not entirely your fault. I knew that anyone would misunderstand if they saw me and Yeye. This is not the first time and you are not the first person.”

 

Siwon nodding few times, agreed to what Sungmin said.

 

“But, please understand.” Siwon’s attention focused to Sungmin by the seriousness, “Yeye, Wookie, Appa, Umma and everyone around me means so much to me, even more than my life. We’re might be too intimate with each other and too close. But, I can say that I’m willing to do anything for them just like how they are to me. And…”

 

Sungmin trailed her word and fixed her eyes straight into Siwon’s eyes. Her gaze softened, just as her smile bloomed. Siwon is once more captivated.

 

“I would like you to be one of them too.” Sungmin timidly confessed.

 

Siwon grinned widely.

 

“Okay then! I take that offer gladly.” He declared happily.

 

Sungmin laughed at his childish attic. And Siwon smiles at him back. It has never crossed his mind for Sungmin to say that word of confession to him. But, he was really glad. He was really really happy to be able to ‘the one’ that Sungmin choose. There’s no other feeling could compare to the one Sungmin gave him now, a true love. He never regrets to fall in love with Sungmin.

 

“Anyway,” Siwon spoke again, “Have you eaten here before Sungmin? The waitress greets you very fondly just now.” he changed the topic.

 

Sungmin nodded happily.

 

“This is appa’s regular restaurant truth to be told, thanks to me.”

 

“So...you have already eaten here? Regularly?” Siwon asked.

 

Sungmin nodded again, innocently. Siwon’s face fell. He feels a bit disappointed because what he planned was not a surprise anymore. Sungmin laughed to see that expression. Siwon never fail to make her smile that day.

 

“You don’t have to be that disappointed you know? You are the first man ever to bring me here alone except my father.” Sungmin told Siwon, consoling his heart.

 

And Sungmin succeeded by the huge grin on Siwon’s face.

 

“I’m your first lover, right?” Siwon teased and Sungmin blushed almost immediately.

 

Sungmin fast grabbed the glass and pretending to drink it to hide her shyness, “S...sort of.” She mumbles the reply.

 

Siwon’s grin grew wider.

 

“You’re really cute when you’re shy like this, Sungminie.” Siwon gets bolder to tease Sungmin.

 

“Oppa!” Sungmin protested and gasped right away with what she just calls Siwon.

 

Siwon himself was also in shock by the sudden nickname from Sungmin.

 

“So…sorry. I…”

 

“No!”

 

Siwon stopped Sungmin quickly. He gripped Sungmin’s hand from the other side of the table, which was not too far from him. He’s really grateful to choose Japanese style for their first date. Their seating was close and the table was not that wide to begin with. Back to reality, Sungmin’s hand was still in Siwon’s.

 

“You can call me oppa. I don’t mind it at all, seriously.” Siwon said, really serious and happy at the same time.

 

“Eh? Are you sure?” Sungmin asked innocently.

 

Siwon nodded his head eagerly.

 

Sungmin thought hard, “O…okay, oppa.” She replied again in soft voice and Siwon’s heart shooting fireworks everywhere.

 

He laughs happily, and unconsciously took Sungmin’s hand closer to him. Sungmin tensed by the action and absolutely didn’t expect the next thing Siwon did after that. Siwon boldly and unexpectedly, planted a kiss on Sungmin’s hand and glance at Sungmin from the side profile, still holding Sungmin’s hand tight.

 

“Thank you, Sungminie.” He smiled, showing his big dimple on purpose.

 

Thump.

 

Sungmin’s heart beats out loud suddenly. Her face instantly turned into one bright ripe tomato. She was speechless to say anything or to give any reaction to what been told. She didn’t know for how long she stayed silent and how long that she and Siwon have been staring into each other eyes. But for sure, her heart was beating like crazy. Luckily, a waitress came just in time to stop her from really going crazy. Because it was that time that Siwon welcomed the waitress normally and finally let go of Sungmin’s hand.

 

Just as Siwon entertained the waitress, Sungmin averted her attention elsewhere. She takes a deep breath few times with her hand on her chest to calm her beating heart. She has never felt that way before with anyone else. Siwon’s daring act was really beyond her imaginable mind. Her face was still hot from the touch.

 

What’s happening to me? She asked though it’s obvious that she’s just too surprised.

 

Sungmin glances at Siwon’s interaction with the waitress with both of her hands on her cheeks still.

 

What’s wrong with me? Why did I feel like this? This is not the first time I hold a man’s hand. Appa kiss me all the time, not just hand but that’s appa. Yeye oppa also did the same to me. Even more than this. Kanginie oppa too. I hold his hand usually and normally. Then why? Why is it so different with Siwon oppa?

 

Sungmin took a glimpse at Siwon again. Her heart beats even louder. She quickly turned away from looking and closed her eyes.

 

Just what’s wrong with me?! Sungmin struggled inside.

 

“Thank you.” Siwon thanked, after the waitress finished serving all the food.

 

“You’re welcome. Enjoy your dinner, danna-sama and ojou-sama.” The waitress bowed and silently leaves the room.

 

Siwon smiles back at her and watches until her retreating figure disappear by the sliding door. His attention went back to Sungmin.

 

“Let’s eat now, Sungminie.” He said, but Sungmin was still in her own world, debating with her inner side and completely ignores him.

 

“Sungmin?” he called, but to receive no reply from the girlfriend.

 

What happened to me?! Why?!

 

“Sungmin!”

 

“YES!” Sungmin jumped from her seat out of shock.

 

Her eyes meet up with Siwon’s worried one.

 

“Are you okay? I called you many times just now. Your face was bright red too. Did you have a fever?” Sungmin turned even redder after what Siwon said, really embarrassed with her reaction.

 

“N…no. I’m fine.” She shuttered.

 

“Are you sure? We can…”

 

“No! I’m really fine. It’s just…I’m…just” she cuts him, didn’t exactly know what and how to explain her situation to Siwon.

 

Siwon puzzled looking at Sungmin’s sudden timid action. He can clearly see that her face flushed and her eyes avoiding his stare.

 

“Did I do something wrong, Sungminie?”

 

“No…I’m…” Sungmin closed her eyes tight, still averting her attention away from Siwon.

 

Her beating heart doesn’t slow down at all.

 

“Sungmin…are you…possibly embarrassed?” Siwon make a guess.

 

The word stabbed right through Sungmin’s heart.

 

“Because I kiss your hand?” he asked again, noticing the change from Sungmin’s response.

 

The correct answer makes Sungmin even more embarrassed. She nodded faintly.

 

“Only because of that?”

 

Siwon got another nod.

 

“Do you want me to do it again?”

 

“What? No! I don’t want it! Not now!” Sungmin denied strongly, though her face showed the opposite of what she said.

 

Siwon automatically grinned widely. His mind slowly processed what was happening. And finally, he let out a big laugh.

 

“Hahahaha…”

 

He’s find it really funny by Sungmin’s adorableness.

 

“Don’t laugh, oppa!” Sungmin scolded, puffing her cheeks.

 

“Hahaha…sorry. I’m just…you’re really so cute, Sungminie.” He said, tried his best to stop the laughter from surging out, but it still come out.

 

Sungmin huffed again, sulked, imitating a five-year old child. Her face is still in pink color. The grin that still pasted on Siwon’s face making Sungmin upset even more.

 

“Laugh all you want. It’s must be amusing to see me this embarrassed right? ” Sungmin complained, looking elsewhere, “I’m not like other girl you’ve dated. I’m super shy and anti-social. You must be thinking I’m stupid.” She told the latter dissatisfied, pouting cutely.

 

A smile formed on Siwon’s lips. It amused him, he acknowledge that. But he just didn’t expect for Sungmin to be that embarrassed. Everything that he did just now including the kiss on her hand was not in his plan, but out of nature reflex. Still, what Sungmin didn’t realize, Siwon is not that calm at all to begin with. Siwon is also as nervous as Sungmin is. His face is normally stoic and doesn’t show much expression to start. And maybe that is why her girlfriend thought everything he did was just a joke for her.

 

Brave up all the courage that he had, Siwon slowly reached out for Sungmin’s hand once again. Sungmin tensed at first and shocked. But as her eyes meet with Siwon’s romantic gaze, her hands unconsciously stop. She was enchanted and so did Siwon.

 

“I’m so~~sorry if I embarrassed you, Sungminie.” He sang teasingly, “But, you’re just too cute to not be tease about.”

 

“Oppa!”

 

Laughter erupted inside the private room. Sungmin also followed laughing together with Siwon. She couldn’t even stay mad for long at Siwon. Their awkwardness disappeared and that day remarked in each of their day as the best day of their life. And yet, it is still just the start of first date.

 

~~

 

After the enjoyable dinner with just the two of them, the clock slowly ticked and midnight slowly getting nearer. Having no other choice, they had to end their date for the day.

 

“I hope the dinner is to your liking, Sungmin.” Siwon said.

 

Sungmin chuckles silently.

 

“Everything is just perfect oppa. The dinner is great and I have a good time.” Sungmin replied truthfully.

 

“Including the kiss?” Siwon teased, on purpose.

 

“Oppa!”

 

“Hahaha…sorry, sorry. I promise I will not tease you about the same thing anymore.”

 

“Yeah right. Like you would really do that.” Sungmin sulked.

 

Siwon smiles by the adorableness, “I will really do that.” He promised.

 

“Well…” Sungmin thought, walking slower than Siwon but suddenly someone in hurry came and bumped into her, hard.

 

“Ahh!” Sungmin screamed, closing her eyes and just wait for her face to completely fall onto the road.

 

And yet, she feels softness. It’s weird because the feels was exactly opposite of the rough road.

 

“I’m sorry.” she heard someone apologize.

 

“It’s okay. Just be careful next time.” She then heard Siwon’s voice.

 

Slowly she opens her eyes and blinked. The first blink, she sees button right in front. She blinked again confusingly and looked up in slow motion. Siwon’s face was just an inch away from her. He is smiling at him showing his dimple. She also feels a hand holding her from behind. Realization struck her. She has fallen directly into Siwon’s arm. That’s the reality.

 

“Sorry!” Sungmin in a flash pushed herself away from Siwon’s embrace.

 

Her face was already blushing hard with what has happened.

 

“I’m…I’m really sorry…” Sungmin apologized again, already feels so awkward to react in that situation.

 

Siwon just grinned sheepishly. It’s a shame but he was in truth enjoying the moment where Sungmin in his arms. It fits in his embrace just like how it is meant for Sungmin only.

 

“It’s okay, Minnie.” He replied to her, “Let’s go?” He gives a small smile to ease the tension and walked ahead to give Sungmin some space.

 

Sungmin takes a deep breath to calm her beating heart which is once again beating fast unlike usual. She was really confused to why her heart getting crazy with every skin ship she made with Siwon. Then again, she’s happy that Siwon is very understanding. She followed the lover right behind and they leave the venue together in the car. The journey going back to Sungmin’s home was a bit long since Siwon on purpose took the longer path. Sungmin did realize about it but she didn’t mind about it at all. It became another excuse for them to get to know each other more.

 

But then, as they are about to reach Sungmin’s house, something else happened again to Sungmin. Unexpectedly or may be not, her legs out of sudden become numb. Sungmin gulped nervously. Partially because of the sudden fall just now, her leg which she thought completely okay was turned out to be the other way around for her.

 

Sungmin groaned inwardly. It was already the twice she embarrassed herself in front of Siwon. So, she can’t expect to make another embarrassment. She glanced at Siwon many times to ensure the man will not notice anything unusual about her. And yet, the pain was killing her with every moment the car moves. She tried her best to feint the pain from her boyfriend and continue talking normally. The journey continues, and a few minutes later, they arrived exactly at the parking lot.

 

“So…” Siwon trailed his words, “I should send you until the door right?”

 

“NO!” Sungmin screamed, stopping Siwon from opening the door.

 

Siwon was shocked, that’s for sure.

 

“No?”

 

“Ah! I mean…oppa…is this yours?” Sungmin quickly changed the topic to one cute figurine on Siwon’s car, “It’s so cute. Where did you get it?” She asked, deliberately using her cheerful voice even though she feels the opposite on her leg.

 

“Er…it’s Jimin’s actually. She gave it to me as present.” Siwon hesitantly replied.

 

“Really? It’s really cute. Can I get a present from her if I ask one?”

 

Siwon frowned, already confused with Sungmin’s sudden mood.

 

“May…be.”

 

“Hehehe…then, I…ah.” Sungmin winced, “I’ll try to ask one from her when we meet.” She’s still faking it with a smile.

 

“Sungminie….” Siwon called gently.

 

“Yes?” Sungmin turned to him, sweetly.

 

“Are you okay?” Siwon finally asked.

 

Sungmin chuckles by that question, “Of course I’m okay. Why did you ask that?”

 

Siwon frowned even more. He then noticed Sungmin’s left hand that was holding her leg. He looked at Sungmin again to search for any changes. With that he finally noticed the difference of Sungmin’s smile and a frown on her face like she was holding on from some pain. Without saying anything, he opened his car door and went out from the car.

 

“Oppa?”

 

This time, it was Sungmin who was confused by his action. But, because her leg is still ‘sleeping’, she couldn’t even move to see what Siwon was trying to do. Her passenger’s door opened and revealed Siwon with something on his hand. Still without a word, Siwon crouched down and kneeling with one knee in front of Sungmin.

 

“Here, give me your leg.” He patted his thigh.

 

“W…what?” Sungmin was sure astounded by the sudden command.

 

“You’re hurt right? Let me see it.”

 

Sungmin stunned. Siwon gave her an assuring smile and patted his thigh once more. Sungmin hesitated. But, having no other option, she slowly takes out her left foot and put it on Siwon’s. Her cheeks were already tinted with red with the embarrassment. Siwon carefully hold her foot and placed the thing he brought with, an ice pack.

 

Sungmin winced immediately by the touch of coldness.

 

“Hurt?”

 

Siwon concernedly asked. Sungmin stares long at Siwon and shakes her head left and right faintly. Siwon smiled at her. Slow and quietly, the pain on Sungmin’s foot subsides. The scene was silence with Siwon treating his girlfriend but it was a comfortable silence. Sungmin’s gaze didn’t move away from watching Siwon’s hand that tenderly nursing her pain. Her heart bloomed and extremely moved by Siwon’s affectionate. She didn’t even realize her lips are quirking with a smile.

 

“Thank you, oppa.” She thanked sincerely.

 

Siwon looks up and met up with Sungmin’s moist eyes. The girl was smiling at him. And that smile automatically make him responded with a big grin.

 

“It’s not a problem.” He said, “This is nothing much actually. I just help what I can.”

 

He heard a giggles from Sungmin.

 

“How did you know, oppa? I tried so hard to hide it from you, you know?” Sungmin speaks out her mind, pouting a bit.

 

Siwon laughed by the question.

 

“It was written on your face, Sungminie. I know that you tried your best to hide it but believe me, I can see right through your mask. You are actually not a good liar, right?”

 

Sungmin smiled, “Well, maybe I am. Not many people have ever told me that before.”

 

“Really?”

 

Sungmin nodded.

 

A silent surrounded them.

 

“Still hurt?”

 

“Getting better.” Sungmin replied him short.

 

“Do you want me to carry you upstairs?”

 

“What…no! Absolutely not!” Sungmin rejected the idea.

 

“Why??” Siwon whined in disappointment.

 

“Just because…” Sungmin responded, hiding away from looking at Siwon directly.

 

“Oh come on Sungminie…I promise I’ll behave my hands.”

 

“And that’s more to reason why I don’t want you to carry me. I’m fine now.” Sungmin takes Siwon’s hand from her feet, “Look…ahh!”

 

But, just as she stands up, once again she fell, right into Siwon’s arms.

 

“You’re not okay, at all.” Siwon remarked, holding himself from laughing.

 

Sungmin pouted. She feels unfair that her body is not listening to her at all that day. Everything just seems an embarrassment for her.

 

“Wait here. I’ll get the key and I’ll carry you inside.” Siwon moved in fast mode and leaves Sungmin to get his car key.

 

Sungmin continue on pouting to show her dissatisfaction. In a flash, Siwon appeared back in front of her and offered his hand to carry her.

 

“I’m not forcing you.” Sungmin warned him.

 

Siwon chuckles amusingly, “Yes. Absolutely not.” and even with some silent protest from Sungmin, Siwon carefully carried his lover in his arms.

 

He locked the car with just the push of the button and skillfully walked away from the parking lot. Sungmin hold tightly to the man’s shoulder with heart beating like crazy. She can’t believe that their first date will consist of such skin ship right from the beginning. It’s crazy but again, it happened.

 

~~

 

“Sungminie?! What’s wrong?!” Ryeowook asked panicking when she opened the door and appeared in front of her was Sungmin being carried by Siwon in his arms.

 

Yesung came running towards the door by the sound of her voice, also shocked to see that situation.

 

“Did you hurt yourself?” she asked worriedly but the couple only blushed, making her confuse even more.

 

“Not…really.” Sungmin mumbled.

 

“Here, give her to me.” Yesung offered and Sungmin exchanged hands from Siwon to him.

 

Sungmin quickly hugged Yesung tighter, hiding herself into the crock of his neck.

 

“What…has happened?” Ryeowook asked again, still confused with everything.

 

“Nothing bad actually. Sungmin got a cramp. That’s all.” Siwon explained.

 

“Ahhh…is that so,” Both Yesung and Ryeowook hummed in sync by the explanation.

 

Yesung smirks, “I assumed your first date was enjoyable.” He teased.

 

And as punishment, he got a pinch from Sungmin immediately. He winced by the short pain. They all laughed by Sungmin’s shyness who is still hugging Yesung.

 

“Well…we’ll see each other again, Sungminie.” Siwon said, saying goodbye.

 

Sungmin turned to him and smiles.

 

“Sorry for troubling you, oppa.” She apologized regards to what happened.

 

Siwon can only smiles by his girlfriend sweetness, “It’s nothing, Sungminie. Just call me if there’s anything.”

 

Sungmin nodded cutely.

 

Siwon waved at them and bowed a little before he takes his leave, away from the apartment.

 

“What? No goodbyes kiss?” Yesung continued with his tease.

 

“YEYE!!”

 

Yesung laughed merrily. He really is enjoying himself teasing his baby girl. Even Ryeowook laughed together with him. Sungmin sulked for the whole day after that because of being continuously teased by Yesung. To make things worse her story of first date spread fast into her family and everyone join and make a truce together to . She hates them but at the same time, she’s happy because Siwon is there with her to make her all better again.

 

I have a lover now.

 

Sungmin told herself. She prayed deep inside her heart, the happiness she feels now will last, forever.

 

 

 

TBC