I LOVE YOU TOO CHAPTER 21

I Love You Too

 

CHAPTER 21

 

Yesung’s POV

 

It’s funny really. It has been so many years I have known Sungmin and the family. But I can’t help myself to find it very funny every time I went to visit the Lee parents. As for the reason why, let’s just say that their behavior is unlike any other normal parents and are the polar opposite of each other. Their source of love and fight always revolved only around one person, a.k.a Sungmin. No one could understand that but they always excused that there will be no one in this world who could love Sungmin much more than them. I agree on that though.

 

The mother, Lee Donghae is somewhat an easy-going and happy go lucky woman. She’s a top interior designer that I respected and very creative person. And yet, she chose to quit her favorite job one day and pour her heart completely serving to the family. Many people were against her decision because they think it was such a waste of talent. But, she always reasoned that her family is all that matter.

 

‘I don’t want them to feel alone anymore.’

 

She always said that to me every time I asked why. I didn’t understand it at first but, when I see the smile on Sungmin face when she greeted her at the door, I think I understand. She makes me see how happy a human heart can be when someone greets you at home like that. She also makes me more appreciated the people around me.

 

But, what no one know, she’s really picky regarding Sungmin’s lifestyle. She always nagged at the girl about her clothes and the food she eats. Sungmin even has to send her pictures and schedules of what she eat or wear everyday so that she could check it up for her. You could say she’s her daughter stalker but not that she care though. As long as she is able to take care of Sungmin, she will never mind about other people talks.

 

Meanwhile the father, Lee Hyukjae is his name. He is also known as Lee Eunhyuk, the most successful businessman in the whole country but actually has a split personality at home. He was known to be really strict in the outside world but what other people didn’t know, he’s really sensitive and child at heart whenever it involves Sungmin. Only closed-people know how much he spoils the daughter. It was to the extent of willing to give her anything she wants as long as she asks. But, Sungmin on the other hand, rarely or to the point of never ask anything from her father which makes him sulking every time. I seriously think the other people will never believe me if I say Mr Lee Eunhyuk once cried only because his daughter didn’t join him for dinner.

 

I think I can understand the feeling nonetheless. Sungmin is his only daughter which makes her so special for him much more than anyone in the whole wide world. His love for Sungmin is far greater than anyone and I know he’s willing to do anything just for her alone. But then again…this scene is really amusing.

 

“My baby girl! Not my baby girl! Why must my baby girl?!” Eunhyuk whined loudly to the picture of small Sungmin in one neat frame, pouring out his heartbreak, “Why must you accept his love? WHY SUNGMIN?!” He cried miserably.

 

Yesung hold the feeling to laugh at the pitiful sight. He is actually accompanying Eunhyuk drinking some alcohol to ‘congratulate’ Sungmin’s new love but in the opposite way. Mainly because it isn’t a happy occasion for Eunhyuk at all. Eunhyuk gulps another glass of wine in one shot. He sighs heavily.

 

“Are you okay, uncle Hyuk?” he asked the obvious and yet his hand still pours the wine into the glass.

 

Eunhyuk sighed again.

 

“No…” he replied sadly, “I don’t think I’m okay.”

 

Yesung listened carefully by the side.

 

“I still can’t believe that Sungmin is finally someone else’s girlfriend. It seems like it was just yesterday I brought her to live with me again and now…” he sighs again and drink, “I knew this day will come but…I didn’t expect it to be this soon. She’s not a child anymore…”

 

Yesung nods his head few times, agreeing with everything said by Eunhyuk. He pitied the man actually. Sungmin has always been a baby to her father and Eunhyuk has been overprotective ever since. With the sudden news of someone confessed to Sungmin, it already gave him a hell of shock and now, the daughter has actually brought home another heart-breaking news of accepting the love. No wonder Eunhyuk was so disappointed and depressed. But, he himself knew that Sungmin is no longer a child. She has the right to love someone in her life.

 

Then again, Eunhyuk is still agonizing over that matter. Yesung can see how much it really affected him so much. And that is also the sole reason why he had to accompany the man in the sadness of drinking alcohol for the night. It’s very unusual but Yesung didn’t really mind about it. Furthermore, he got himself to taste Eunhyuk’s expensive and precious wine which very delicious to anyone taste, which is also should never be wasted ever.

 

“I want my baby girl back!!” he yelled out loud showing his frustration.

 

“Don’t worry uncle! I’ll be with you!” Yesung cheered, supporting the elder.

 

“Oh! Let’s be together, Yesung!”

 

“Oh!” they make a toast and drink some more until they are completely wasted for the night.

 

A day where Sungmin got herself a new lover is officially marked on the family’s calendar for sure. It was a very happy day for Sungmin but at the same time it was also the day where the father got himself heartbreak of his own daughter.

 

~~~

 

Meanwhile, on the other part of the world, there was also someone who was drinking some beers alone. It’s not a lie to say that ever since Sungmin announced that she’s going to accept Siwon, that one man has been drinking every night to make himself forget. And yet, of course he managed to do so only when he was drunk. After he was sober, he’s back to the cruel reality of Sungmin’s decision. Tears started to swells in his eyes again, and a picture of Sungmin’s face slowly appears in front of him.

 

‘Oppa.’

 

“Sungmin…why can’t you choose me even though it was me who confessed to you first?”

 

‘I’m sorry oppa. I can’t…it’s not like I don’t love you. I love but, the love is different. I’m sorry. I just can’t see you more than just a brother.’

 

The man closed his eyes and let the tears fall. It crushed his heart every time he recalled back the time where Sungmin rejected his confession with that reason. He wants to accept the reason and prayed many times for the wound to heal but…as long as Sungmin is still with him, he don’t think he will be able to forget the feelings he had.

 

“Hyung.” someone called for him and he turned up from the table.

 

“Hahaha…it’s Kyuhyun! My little brother! Welcome!” he greeted the lad happily in his drunken state.

 

“Hyung…”

 

“Come Kyuhyun! Accompany your hyung with the beers! Let’s keep our heartbroken to the endless state!” he said, a laugh on his face but Kyuhyun can clearly see the opposite in his brother’s eyes.

 

“Hyung, please. You have been drinking too much.”

 

Kyuhyun tried to stop his brother, and take the beers away but Kangin was faster in retrieving it back.

 

“It’s okay, Kyu. This is nothing for me. I’m good with alcohol. Even if tomorrow came, no one will ever realize I drink a lot tonight. No one will even care.” Kangin said sadly.

 

No one.

 

Not even Sungmin.

 

Kyuhyun stares at the brother, depressed. He didn’t expect to ever see Kangin in that kind of condition. Kangin once told him about his feelings towards Sungmin and about the rejection from the girl. He knew that his brother was only pretending to be okay in front of Sungmin whereas his heart was always on turmoil every time they were together. Kangin was strong, he knew that. But, he never knew that Kangin love Sungmin too much like that. The confession already wrecked his heart on the first time he found out about it but he faked a mask in front of Sungmin to not making her worry.

 

Kyuhyun feels stupid and guilty. His brother was heartbroken but at least that man is true with his feelings, unlike him. He lied to his own heart again and again. He pretended to not care even though he understood so much how it gave him nothing but pain. Kyuhyun was a fool in love and it was already too late to do fight back. Sungmin has already made a decision and he being himself, will let the girl go.

 

Kyuhyun didn’t speak anything but slowly walked closer to his brother and takes a seat to him. He takes the beer and opened the can for him and for his brother too.

 

“Here, hyung.”

 

Kangin takes the can from Kyuhyun.

 

“Let’s drink! For Sungmin!” He raised the can up high and drink the beer in one gulp altogether, “Hahaha…today is really a day to celebrate! Sungmin is finally someone else lover and she…I’m sure she’s really happy now. She even called me to tell about it herself…” he mumbles the last statement inaudibly.

 

“Happy…” he looks at the can sadly.

 

He can almost see the illusion of Sungmin’s face on the tin can. A smiling Sungmin that he loves so much.

 

“Hyung…”

 

Kangin looked at Kyuhyun, sad “How did you hide it from Sungmin, Kyuhyun? Didn’t it hurt you too?”

 

 Kyuhyun tensed by the unexpected question.

 

“You love Sungmin, right?” Kangin continued with his question.

 

Kyuhyun fell into deep silent. He thought that he hides it very well from the hyung but it turned out to be the other way around instead. Kyuhyun puts his gaze down and just drinks the beer without answering anything. He felt a few pats on her shoulder.

 

“I know, Kyuhyun. You are not a good liar after all.” The elder said, clenching Kyuhyun’s heart to more pain.

 

Kyuhyun stayed and just closed his eyes tight to ease the pain. He didn’t even notice the tear fall from his eyes. It really does hurt his heart so much. With Sungmin accepting Siwon, it’s a certainty that she will never belong to him anymore. Both of the brothers drown themselves with the alcohol completely that night. They talked about their unattained love for the whole night, trying to forget everything even if it’s just for one moment.

 

~~ON THE NEXT DAY ~~

 

“Good morning.” Yesung first greeted the two women in the dining hall.

 

“Good morning, Yesungie.” Donghae replied.

 

“Good morning oppa.” Ryeowook also greets him back with a sweet smile.

 

Yesung planted a kiss on her cheek casually after the greetings. Donghae is already used to it anyway.

 

“Where’s Sungmin and Uncle Hyuk?” he asked, while taking his spot next to the girlfriend.

 

“Your uncle Hyuk is still sleeping. The hangover is taking over him. Whereas Sungmin…I don’t think she got enough sleep last night.”

 

“Eh? Why?”

 

“I heard some talking in her room last night. She might be talking with someone till midnight I guess.”

 

“It’s okay. Both of them need the rest. It’s still holiday anyway.”

 

Yesung and Donghae nodded, agree to what Ryeowook said.

 

“Anyway, thank you for ‘consoling’ my husband last night, Yesungie. It must be hard, right?”

 

Yesung laughs by the statement.

 

“Not at all, Aunt Hae. It wasn’t my first time doing that. But, I do feel sorry for Uncle Hyuk. It must be a real shock for him to just accept it. Well, this is the first where Sungmin actually had a lover, right?”

 

Donghae scoffed, “Oh, nonsense. That man is just paranoid. Sungmin is not a child for him to get that overprotective. He should know sooner or later Sungmin will get marry and leave the house. Moreover, he’s being like this the reason why Sungmin never accepted anyone in her life before.”

 

“Well, Siwon is an exception then, right?”

 

Donghae smiles at the obvious, nodding her head.

 

“But, Aunt Hae, I have to say I agree with Uncle Hyuk this time.” Ryeowook suddenly said, confusing the other two.

 

“Eh? Why?” they asked in sync.

 

“Hm…” Ryeowook hum and think carefully, “Sungmin is his only daughter right? And we know how precious she is to him. Sungmin did cry once because of a man and I’m sure he didn’t want the same thing to repeat itself again. He’s been protecting her because he’s afraid that Sungmin might get hurt if he didn’t pay attention to her closely. If I am in his place, I think I might be doing the same thing. Sad is just a cover of it.”

 

Donghae sighs. What has been told by Ryeowook did have some point in it.

 

“I know that he’s worry and care about Sungmin. Even I care about Sungmin so much. I just thought that this is a good chance for Sungmin to at least have someone to love and love her back. Isn’t it better than her being alone?” she complained.

 

“Don’t worry. Uncle is just concerned. Furthermore, I think he will do anything as long as Sungmin is happy, right? Let’s hope everything will turn up well.” Yesung ended the topic and they continue with the breakfast again.

 

“Oh yes, there’s something else I notice.” He speaks again.

 

“What?”

 

“Remember Sungmin’s best friend that she introduced me few days ago?”

 

“Yeah…Kyuhyun. What’s with him?” Ryeowook replied.

 

“Hm…” Yesung thinking hard to remember while eating, “I don’t understand why but my gut telling me that he is also has some sort of dissatisfaction on me.”

 

“Eh? Why? And how can you be so sure?” Donghae asked for explanation.

 

“Maybe because both he and Siwon groaned at me and ask me exactly the same question to Sungmin?”

 

“Eh?”

 

“They said…”

 

‘How come I didn’t know that you had an adopted brother?’

 

“And the tone used was not friendly at all.” Yesung ended his explanation, “Did Sungmin ever talk about me or a hint anywhere to them, Wookie?”

 

Ryeowook shakes her head, “No, I don’t think so. You know how secretive Sungmin is. She will never say anything unless someone asks especially anything regarding you. No one ever knew, not until the last moment like both of them.”

 

“Maybe.”

 

“Or maybe because they are jealous of you and Sungmin’s closeness, Yesungie.” Donghae adds.

 

“Maybe they are. Anyone who didn’t understand your relationship with Sungmin will surely get jealous by the first impression.” Ryeowook said more, which makes Yesung pouts, sulking.

 

“It’s not my fault.” He defended himself.

 

“And it’s not your fault at all, Yesungie. If anyone wants to love Sungmin, they absolutely have to go through you. Me and Hyukkie will give you full authority on that. ” Donghae said more, quirking her brows up.

 

Yesung smirks, agrees with her. They shake hands with each other.

 

“Sungmin is ours!” they claimed in sync followed by an evil laugh.

 

Ryeowook by the side can only smile with their childish attitude. She can never argue anything against what they said since it is the truth and Sungmin is their most important person ever.

 

“Anyway, I don’t actually like Kyuhyun so much. I think he has some strange agenda towards Sungmin. Does he have any feeling for her?” he complained.

 

“Ah.” Ryeowook was the only one jumped by the sudden accusation.

 

“Why did you say that, Yesungie?” Donghae questioned.

 

“Well, he introduced himself as Sungmin’s best friend. But I sensed something different with the way he looks at Sungmin. He kept staring at Sungmin, that’s for sure.”

 

“Is that so? I didn’t notice it. It was quite unusual for a friend. Well, it’s strange enough that a boy and a girl a best friend in the first place. Do you know anything about that Wookie?” Donghae asked Ryeowook which she smiles awkwardly by the question.

 

Ryeowook knew some of the story but she wasn’t that sure it was the right thing to tell them though.

 

“Didn’t Sungmin tell you anything about him to you, oppa?” She turned the question back to her boyfriend instead.

 

“Not much. I don’t want her to talk much about other man with me either. So, I don’t bother of asking before.” He explained, didn’t even care whether he’s being ridiculous or not by the answer.  

 

The two women laugh softly at it.

 

“But, Sungmin also didn’t talk much about Kyuhyun to me. The only thing I remember is her confession that was awfully rejected and laughed at by that boy, nothing else.” Donghae said.

 

Yesung nodded his head, “I’ve heard about that too, though not all of it. How about you, Wookie?”

 

Yesung and Donghae turned to look at Ryeowook altogether and wait for her to answer that question. They knew that Ryeowook and Sungmin share lots of secrets together. If any story that they didn’t know, for sure Ryeowook will got the answer for them. Ryeowook didn’t immediately answer but to stare at them long and let go a sigh tiredly.

 

 “It’s a lie to say I didn’t know anything but, Sungmin once told me that Kyuhyun is very special for her. She said, Kyuhyun was the first man that ever spoke to her, care about her and make her feel loved at the college. Unlike other people who mostly take advantage of her, Kyuhyun was the only person who sees her and treat her well. I can almost see stars sparkling in her eyes every time she spoke about him. She feels special with him, I think.” Ryeowook starts and the other two listened carefully to the story that Sungmin never told them before.

 

“Then, what makes him and Sungmin remain just as best friend? If they have feeling for each other and Sungmin already confessed to him, why don’t they become lovers?” Yesung asked for more explanation, with Donghae nodding her head by the side.

 

“He lied.”

 

“Lied?”

 

Yesung and Donghae frowned.

 

“Kyuhyun’s only flaw that hurt Sungmin was the fact that he’s never honest with her. Sungmin knew that Kyuhyun was popular and was never empty with girls by his side. That’s why she kept the crush for so long. But, at the same time, she always asked Kyuhyun about his relationship to ensure that he’s single. And Kyuhyun, almost every time, he will answer the opposite of what he did. It hurts Sungmin, and after that, they separated and lost contacted with each other. Sungmin’s afraid of getting hurt again and I think that is why Sungmin no longer want to go further than just best friend with him.” She smiles thinly while thinking about Sungmin’s pain.

 

Sungmin did told her lots of things about her secret. She feels guilty to tell the others about it actually, but since Sungmin already got a lover on her own, she think it is for the better.

 

“So, it is the best thing that they are best friend though it hurts?”

 

Ryeowook shrugged and nods slowly. They sigh. There’s nothing they could do if Sungmin already decided to do so.

 

“Okay! Let’s forget about those sad things!” Donghae claps her hand, changing the topic with a mischievous smile on her face, “Let’s talk about our pumpkin’s love instead. We got to give Sungmin a dating tip for her first date, right~~” she sang teasingly.

 

They laugh altogether. After that, they continue discussing about Sungmin’s love story. They didn’t even stop when Sungmin came down for breakfast. They even purposely making Sungmin blush even more. They are absolutely happy that Sungmin is smiling and her smile shows the happiness she got.

 

~~~

 

“What do you think?” Sungmin walked out carefully from the fitting room wearing a very cute mini dress.

 

“CUTE!”

 

“Umph!”

 

Three women of the same age come forward and crushed her into a tight hug, squealing like a little girl.

 

“You never fail to impress us, pumpkin. No matter what you wear, you will always be the cutest ever!” Donghae compliments, pinching Sungmin’s cheeks on both side.

 

“Umma…” Sungmin whined, didn’t like to be spoil like that by the mothers.

 

But, they all laugh at her instead.

 

“Don’t pouts, pumpkin. You’ll make us want to tease you more.” Insook joked.

 

Sungmin pouted even more by that comment.

 

Kyunghee laughs at her reaction, “She’s right. Here. We want you to try this one next.” She gives Sungmin another dress.

 

“What? Another one?!” Sungmin complained.

 

“YES! Go!” they pushed Sungmin into the fitting room with the dress, didn’t even give her any chance to say anything.

 

Sungmin scoffed out of frustration and stomped her feet inside the fitting room. The mothers giggle at her cute reaction. But then, they turned serious once again.

 

Back in the fitting room, Sungmin slowly take off the previous dress from her body to try another one. She sighed tiredly. After yesterday’s confession to Siwon, she made a promise to join him for a dinner the next day. She’s was still feeling awkward but she decided that she should take the first step in their relationship, so, she agreed. Also, because it was her first time ever, she became anxious of what to wear for the date. After deliberating alone, she finally ends up asking her mother’s help to find a dress for the night’s dinner with Siwon.

 

But, instead of her alone, she calls every person she could to choose a perfect dress for her. Those people are including, Cho and Kim umma and also some of Sungmin’s friends. Since Cho and Kim umma own a boutique of their own, they take almost all their best collection of dress for Sungmin to try. And in each of it, they will give their view. It was already an hour but, the dress chosen is still zero. Sungmin is getting tired and she complained again and again that they are making a big fuss out of it but they just didn’t listen to her opinion at all. They said it was Sungmin’s first date, so, it must be extra special. No matter how much argument made, in the end, Sungmin has no other choice but to give up and followed what was told.

 

After completely taken off the dress from her body, she notices that the new dress is almost the same as before. Thinking it would be such a waste to wear the same one, she thought of exchanges it with other. She wears the robe, a bit lazy to change since they are girls only there. But, as she was about to slide the curtain, her hands automatically stop upon hearing the conversation between the mothers.

 

“Youngwoon’s drunk?” Donghae repeated what she just heard.

 

Kyunghee nodded her head sadly, “I saw dozens of empty beers on the floor this morning. And he was sleeping like a log on the couch.”

 

“Is he alone?”

 

“Nope, Kyuhyun was there, surprisingly. It was really weird because I know that Kyuhyun was not a heavy drinker like he is. But, when I saw them lying dead on the floor like that, it looked like they are totally wasted.” Kyunghee explained more.

 

“How are they doing now?”

 

“Well…” The mother trailed her word, a bit hesitated to answer the question, “Youngwoon already used to drink so much, so, he wake up just fine when I served him breakfast. Unlike him, Kyuhyun was the opposite though. He got a terrible headache this morning, plus with hangover. They are really brothers with different pole after all.”

 

The mothers nodded their head few times, agreed with that point. Then, they feel into silent again.

 

“This is…not because of Sungmin, right?” Insook breaks the silence first.

 

Sungmin tensed. She stood still near the curtain, agape to hear everything. Even though the three women were whispering, Sungmin could clearly hear every single word said by them. Her hands clutched tightly to the curtain out of reflex, restraining her mind.

 

“Poor Youngwoon, he must be so heartbroken right? I feel sorry for him.” Donghae commented, pitied the latter.

 

They sigh in sync. They somewhat understood the reason behind it.

 

“Youngwoon will be able to go through this, I’m sure.” Kyunghee as the birthmother assured them, “Furthermore, it’s not pumpkin fault at all. She has already made everything clear with Youngwoon before. It was him who couldn’t forget the feelings.”

 

“You’re right Kyunghee dear. But, it’s still so sad to see him that way. He must feel hurt every time he sees Sungmin with another guy.”

 

They all nodded, agreeing to what told by Insook.

 

“Let’s just hope that an angel will come to heal his heart away.” Donghae hoped.

 

Sungmin’s hand was still hard holding onto the curtain. She moved slowly and takes a few steps away from it. Her head kept replaying what has been said between the mothers. It hurts her. She feels really guilty that Kangin became like that because of her. In truth, she actually knows about it. When she informed the man about her confession to Siwon, she knew that she hurts Kangin’s feeling. But, she really can’t lie to herself. She loves Kangin but the love that she had to him was absolutely different than any other. But then again, she has no one to blame but herself in that matter. Apart from that, there’s also someone else that she’s concerned about other than Kangin.

 

She once again looks at her image on the mirror.

 

“Kyuhyun.” She whispered the name sadly.

 

 

 

TBC