I LOVE YOU TOO CHAPTER 22

I Love You Too

Chapter 22

 

~~FLASHBACK OF FEW DAYS AGO BEFORE THE CONFESSION~~~

 

Kyuhyun snorted angrily and turning his head away from Sungmin when she served him the coffee. Sungmin rolled her eyes by Kyuhyun’s childish action. It’s not her fault in the first place.

 

“Why are you angry anyway? I didn’t do anything wrong, right?” she started.

 

“Yeah, right. It was me who’s wrong then.” Kyuhyun mocks, narrowing his eyes watching the girl.

 

“Kyu!”

 

“Okay, okay. I’m sorry.” he raised his hand up, stopping Sungmin, “I just feel unfair Lee Sungmin.”

 

“Why?” Sungmin fast argued back.

 

“Because you keep so many secrets from me.” Kyuhyun replied, looking straight at Sungmin, “First, your job as my brother’s PA. Second, this shop. I deadly thought that you didn’t even know how to cook at all during our college time and now, you’re not only the owner of a pastry shop. But, you are also the patisserie itself. Moreover…” Kyuhyun diverted his gaze and stared directly at Yesung at one corner of the café.

 

“A brother! Why didn’t I know anything that you had a brother?!” he asked, pointing to Yesung with frustration all written on his face.

 

“Well…I already told you I had one before.” She mumbles under her breath.

 

“Which is Sungjin, your dongsaeng not oppa.” Kyuhyun fast rebutted.

 

Sungmin’s face turns into a frown.

 

“And that is also because he is my brother’s friend! If he’s not Henry’s friend, you will never tell me about it, right?” he nagged.

 

Sungmin’s pout appeared.

 

“I don’t see anything wrong with it.” She responded, poking down on her piece of cake in front.

 

“Yes, there’s nothing wrong. It’s okay to keep secret because everyone does have a secret. What I can’t accept is the fact that you hide him from me. Not even once you told me you had an adopted OLDER brother nor said his name to me. So, why and where does this man come from, out of sudden?” His eyes stare hard at Sungmin. 

 

Sungmin just stayed silent and looking elsewhere after the nagging. Kyuhyun let out a sigh.

 

“You look extremely close with him too. I admit to your closeness with Sungjin because he is your brother, your sibling. But, Yesung hyung is just your adopted brother. He is practically not even blood-related to you. So, why is it that you and him so attached to each other like a lover? Isn’t there supposed to be boundary? How can you just hug and kiss him like that? I thought here, you’re the shy type one.” Kyuhyun complained, didn’t satisfy at all with everything that he saw.

 

Sungmin still just listen to the nag without a word. She is also really dissatisfied with the whole situation thing. Kyuhyun came that morning to her café and unintentionally saw her intimacy with Yesung, which includes hugging and kissing on the brother’s cheek. That is absolutely normal for Sungmin but Kyuhyun didn’t feel that way though. Kyuhyun irritably butts into their conversation, glares at her and repeatedly nagged at Sungmin about the same thing. Sungmin’s mood goes down every second. With the fact that Kyuhyun’s annoying nag didn’t change at all for all these years make Sungmin feels guilty for all the secrets she kept.

 

“You just never ask me.” she finally said something back, not really answering to Kyuhyun’s question, “And remember, you also keep a lot of secrets from me.” She remembered, wanting to continue arguing with Kyuhyun.

 

Kyuhyun’s eyes narrowed, “Are you seriously still holding grudge on the college thing, Sungmin?”

 

“Of course I am. And it’s not just college things!” Sungmin exclaimed, arising her voice a bit, “I feel unfair too, you know. Just because I was not beside you, you got the guts to lie. Baka.” She scolded.

 

“I’m just…”

 

“You just what?” Sungmin fast retorted, glaring at Kyuhyun intensely.

 

“I…”

 

“You lied, Kyu. You also hide the fact that you are my friend’s boyfriend. I asked you many times but you always said that you’re happy with being solo and whatever that is. You said I’m your best friend but, unlike other people, I don’t know a thing about your life. Almost every time someone told me something about you, everything is new for me. It’s like…I don’t know anything about you. Like I am nothing special. What’s the purpose of being best friend then? Fool.” Sungmin murmurs the last statement inaudibly.

 

But Kyuhyun heard it loud and clear. With both of his hand on the chin, he stares at Sungmin. The pout was still on her. He knew that he was at fault about that matter. Sungmin has many times tried to dig about his love life story but every time she did, he will avert the attention elsewhere. He didn’t really intend to hide from Sungmin, he just didn’t have the reason to tell her. He didn’t want his love relationship affect his and Sungmin’s relation and yet, he knew that Sungmin feels unfair. Anyway, even with that obvious reason, instead of feel guilty, his heart tickles by the cuteness shown by Sungmin now. He smiled thinly.

 

“Hey, I’m sorry, Ming.” He apologized.

 

“Not sincere.” Sungmin rebutted, making Kyuhyun smiles even more.

 

“I’m sorry, miss Lee Sungmin.”

 

Sungmin glares at him with the corner of her eyes, both of her hands wrapping on her chest.

 

“Still not sincere.” She complained while pouting hard.

 

Kyuhyun chuckles, “Okay, I’m very sorry, Miss.Lee.Sung.Min.” he strengthened, “I promise that I will never ever keep any secret away from you anymore. I promise also that I will be honest and share everything that you want to know about me, whatever and whenever you want it.” He promised, more like vowed to the girl.

 

Sungmin pouts, thinking about the proposition. She continued on staring him which Kyuhyun responded only with a stupid grin on his face. But then, after a thought, a smile finally flourished on her lips.

 

“Okay. I take that promises.”

 

Kyuhyun smiles back at her, satisfied.

 

“Good, now tell me about your love story.”

 

Sungmin tensed.

 

“The news spread really fast among my family~~” he sang, teasing Sungmin.

 

“Kyuhyun!” Sungmin protested and Kyuhyun laugh back at her, having fun.

 

But, inside, only him knew how much hurt it is to say the topic and laugh normally with Sungmin. He can foresee that he will be jealous like hell after the confession. Sungmin’s going to accept Siwon. He’s sure.

 

 

~~PRESENT DAY, AT THE BOUTIQUE~~

 

 

Sungmin was still in the fitting room. She was recalling back the time when she first told her other two admirers about her decision to accept Siwon. She can’t see anything hurt on Kyuhyun’s face but Kangin almost ignore her when she told him. But, Sungmin was really persistent in getting his attention back. She didn’t give him any chance to continue sulking, which leaves Kangin to have no other choice but to accept the bitter truth.

 

Sungmin was still confused truthfully. She just didn’t tell about it to anyone. Everyone looked so happy on her behalf when she told them that she accepted Siwon. They all were celebrating with the exception of some men. Yes, Sungmin realized the heartbroken. She only takes the blind eye, pretending she didn’t see it.

 

“Sungmin.”

 

She snapped out from her trance by the touch on her shoulder. When she blinks, Ryeowook is in front of her, staring worriedly.

 

 

“Are you okay?” Ryeowook asked.

 

Sungmin shakes her head faintly, “I’m fine.” She lied to hide her problem.

 

“What are you thinking about? Is there something I should know?” Ryeowook continues asking, still isn’t satisfied by the answer.

 

She smiled thinly, “Yes, I’m okay, Wookie. I’m just a bit tired may be.” She assured.

 

Ryeowook stares at her long and after a thought, finally she nodded, “Fine. But, if I find out there’s something, you will tell me, okay?”

 

Sungmin nodded few times, agreeing to the threat.

 

“Anyway, there’s…”

 

“MOM!” A manly voice shouted so suddenly, startling Sungmin.

 

“Wookie, is that…”

 

Ryeowook nodded to the unfinished question, already knew. Sungmin smiles brightly. Hurriedly, she grabs any available dress on the hanger and wears it in fast speed. Ryeowook just watches her friend’s attic with a smile.

 

“Oppa!”

 

Sungmin called to the person immediately even before she is fully out from the fitting room. Every eye outside turned to look at her in surprise. She looks so happy and excited as she skips towards the man.

 

“Hey, baby girl.” The opposite person patted Sungmin’s head, welcoming her greeting.

 

Sungmin’s smile flowered even more. That man is none other than Sungmin’s CEO itself, Kangin. Everyone looked weirdly at the happy expression on Sungmin’s face upon the man’s arrival. They feel strange but to think it over again Sungmin’s weirdness of close people is always different than a normal after all.

 

“Why? How? What are you doing here? Where did you come from? Work? Home? Or did Kim-umma call you here? Is it Cho umma then? Or did you come to visit me? Or…”

 

“Hey, hey, take a breath.” Kangin stops her.

 

“Ah.”

 

“I’m not going anywhere, at least not that soon. And I’m seriously am going to answer your questions one by one.” Kangin told Sungmin in a gentle voice, smiling sweetly at her.

 

Sungmin smiles back.

 

“Em!” she nodded and giggles happily.

 

Other people there watched and didn’t say anything as both of them talked. They are almost ignoring all other presence in the room.

 

“I didn’t know whether Sungmin actually knew or just acting dense. But, I knew they really do love each other.” Donghae exclaimed and the others nodded, agreed.

 

The other people might not really understand their interaction and special bond but for sure, Sungmin and Kangin do love each other like a real family.

 

After that, as the sole man who came to visit, Kangin was forced to treat all of them for lunch that day. No matter what excuses he gave, everything leads to no avail. He didn’t really have the heart to break Sungmin’s plea in the first place.

 

He feels jealous whenever they talked about Sungmin’s upcoming first date, but there’s nothing he could do. He loves Sungmin too much to let the jealousy overcome what has happened. Sungmin herself never treated her different after the confession. So, he thought that why would he be one is Sungmin is being her. He’s grateful though. Sungmin’s smile has grown and the fact that it was not because of him is not a matter anymore.

 

Later that evening, on the same day, a man carefully walked out from his black expensive car. Siwon has arrived at the parking lot in Sungmin’s apartment. He really can’t wait for that moment to come. He’s been anticipating what will new memories they’ll create together especially with the main reason of they’re a couple now. He took the present he got for Sungmin and slowly and nervously walked to Sungmin’s apartment. He really can’t wait to see his girlfriend.

 

After a few minutes of walking, Siwon finally arrived at his specified destination. He waits impatiently in front of Sungmin’s door after ringing the bell. He’s holding the bouquet of flowers in one hand and a box of chocolate in another. Siwon grins happily with thought of meeting Sungmin and their first date. Still, his expectation crushed immediately when the door opened. It was mainly because the one standing at door welcoming her was not Sungmin but someone else instead.

 

“Hey Siwon.” Yesung greeted.

 

“H…Hey…Yesung hyung.” he greeted back, awkwardly.

 

Yesung laughed inwardly to see the dejected look on Siwon’s face which is totally obvious.

 

“Come on in. Sungmin’s getting ready.” Yesung gestured, and make a room for the man to enter the house.

 

Siwon walked inside blankly. He’s still confused to why Yesung is there at Sungmin’s house whereas she’s supposed to be living alone.

 

“Baby! Siwon’s here!” Yesung announced loudly.

 

Siwon’s eyes twitches by the nickname. His jealousy sparks unconsciously. But, Yesung didn’t feel any remorse by doing that at all. To receive no answer from the other room, he stepped away from the living room and left Siwon alone. Siwon blinked and didn’t know what he should do being left alone like that. He didn’t say anything and decided to invite himself to sit on the couch.

 

“Siwon-ssi.”

 

Siwon abruptly stands up by the call. He quickly turned but once again heartbroken when the one calling her is still not Sungmin.

 

“Do you want anything to drink?” Ryeowook asked politely.

 

“Ah no, thank you.” Siwon said, shaking his head, “I’ll just wait for Sungmin.”

 

“Okay. She’ll be ready. Just have a sit first.”

 

Siwon nodded and sit back on the couch.

 

“So…” Siwon jumped right away with Yesung’s sudden appearance right in front of him.

 

Just where did this man come from?! He screamed inside, gaping.

 

Yesung noticed it and he gave him a smirk.

 

“How old are you again, Siwon?” he asked the latter, just wanting to know him.

 

“I’m…I’m 30 by this year.” He answered nervously, still in shock.

 

“30? Sungmin is 3 years younger than you then.” Yesung exclaimed.

 

Siwon seems taken aback by the information.

 

“3 years? How? I thought that she’s the same age as Kyuhyun. 28 right? They even went to the same college.” He questioned, staring confusingly.

 

Yesung chuckles.

 

“Maybe. She’s supposed to be. But, Sungmin finish her school earlier than other students. She’s the same age as Ryeowook.”

 

“Ohh…” Siwon nodded, accepting.

 

“Sungmin was a genius but humble at the same time. My father and her father wanted to send her to oversea to continue with her studies but she refuse saying that she’ll rather staying here in Korea with the parents. Of course, her father was really happy to keep her by his side all the time.” Yesung told the lad.

 

“Oversea? Your father? Why?”

 

“Why? What why? Is it wrong? Sungmin did tell you that we’re childhood friends, right? What’s wrong with it?”

 

“Ah, no, it’s nothing. I just feel weird, that’s all. I didn’t think that you and Sungmin’s were that close.” Siwon reasoned, avoiding the stare from Yesung.

 

Yesung sighed, but with a smile still on his lips. He can sense that Siwon feels insecure about his and Sungmin’s relationship. It is not the first time and Siwon was absolutely not the first person to feel that way.

 

“Let me remind you something, Siwon.” He spoke again.

 

Siwon’s attention turned to Yesung, listening to it tentatively. He can see the seriousness in Yesung’s eyes and voice.

 

“Sungmin…has many secrets. You will find out about it one by one in your relationship, I’m sure. But, even if you did, I really hope that you will be very understanding enough to accept everything. Don’t judge her, and don’t you ever tried to hurt her.” he told him.

 

With a glare, “One scar you put on her, I swear you’ll never get to see her again.” he warned.

 

Siwon gulped. By the tone, he knew that Yesung is absolutely not kidding around. He absentmindedly nods his head. Yesung smiles, but it didn’t calm his heart at all. He prayed hard for Sungmin to quickly finish getting ready.

 

“Oppa.”

 

Siwon quickly turned his head. He recognized that sweet voice clearly. Sungmin was finally there, standing in front of him. He gapes staring at the beauty of his lover. He’s truly mesmerized by Sungmin’s natural beauty and come to think of it, he didn’t regret the time waiting at all.

 

“Don’t stare too much, Siwon. A fly might come in.” Yesung startled him, laughing on purpose.

 

“Ah, sorry. I was just…you are…” he stammered, averting his eyes away to hide his shyness, “Flowers!” he remembered, “These are for you.” He handed the bouquet to Sungmin.

 

Sungmin smiles brightly.  

 

“Thank you.” She takes the flowers, “It’s beautiful.” And praised sincerely.

 

She and Siwon smile at each other, savoring the moment where they are in their own world.

 

“You should get going, Minnie.” Ryeowook interrupted, wake them from the trance.

 

“Here, let me help you with the flowers.” She continued, voluntarily takes the flower from Sungmin’s hand, “And…you should go, now.” She reminded again.

 

Siwon and Sungmin blushed almost immediately, understood the tease.

 

“O...okay. Thank you, Wookie.” She thanked her with a smile still remained.

 

“Ah, this is for you. A present.” Siwon said, handling the chocolate box to Ryeowook.

 

Ryeowook gladly take the gift and shooed Sungmin close to Siwon. Sungmin glares at her but, she just didn’t pay much attention to it.

 

“Let’s get going then. Shall we?”

 

Sungmin nodded her head faintly and followed Siwon to the door. She wears her heels and after bidding goodbye to the couple, they disappear together in the night road. Yesung and Ryeowook watched until Sungmin is completely gone and they close the door.

 

“Sungmin looks so shy, right oppa?” Ryewook commented.

 

“Yeah. As she always is.” The boyfriend replied, back-hugging his girlfriend firmly.

 

“Also…we’re alone now, baby.” He whispered close to Ryeowook’s ear, “Should we do something to spend the night?” he suggested seductively.

 

Ryeowook’s body shivers by the whisper and hot breath on her neck. Her legs almost turn into jelly if only she didn’t have Yesung’s hand on her waist. Yet, she put up a strong face and slowly turned to the man. She encircled her arms on Yesung’s neck and pulled him towards her leaving apart only an inch distance between their face.

 

“Shall we?” she accepts the suggestion, winking to Yesung on purpose.

 

Yesung smirks. It is really an opportunity that should not be slip away. Easily, he lifted Ryewook in his arms bridal style and together they enjoy the night alone with only the two of them.

 

Back to the newborn couple, Siwon started his usual gentleman by offering Sungmin a coat to cover up her milky-thigh while they’re on the car. He reasoned that the air-conditioner was cold but Sungmin understood clearly by the blush on his face what is the real intention behind the coat. Her mother has purposely chosen a mini dress in the first place anyway. But, she’s grateful by the act. It means that Siwon also concerned about her appearance.

 

“Does I look weird?” Sungmin questioned, to start a conversation.

 

“Eh? What? No, of course not!” Siwon strongly denied.

 

“You look beautiful, trust me. Everything is just perfect.” Sungmin smiles brightly by the compliment.

 

“You are handsome too, as usual.”

 

Siwon’s grin grew wider after Sungmin said that, totally rejoicing. It is silence again in the car. The only sound heard was the song from radio playing. It is still awkward between them because they didn’t know much about each other. Furthermore, it is really Sungmin’s first date ever in her life.

 

“Where…are we going actually?” Sungmin asked.

 

“A restaurant. It was really famous for its Japanese food there. And since you love Japanese food so much, I think it is the perfect place for our first date.” Siwon explained.

 

“Japanese? How did you know I like Japanese. So far…I don’t…think I have ever told you or anyone much about it.” Sungmin said, tilting her head to the side.

 

Siwon’s inside screamed by the cuteness shown. He laughs softly before answering the question.

 

“I asked my cousin actually.” He replied.

 

“Victoria?”

 

Siwon nodded.

 

Sungmin chuckles, “You must have known a lot of things about me from her then, right?” She teased.

 

He laughed at the tease, “Apparently not. My beloved cousin only gives me nothing but a headache every time I ask her anything about you.”

 

“Eh, why?”

 

“She has never given me a proper answer to my question. All she did was only giving me a hint and told me to find the answer myself.” He sulked, and Sungmin laughs softly at it.

 

“It must be hard on you, right? Sorry.” Sungmin apologized, on Victoria’s behalf of course.

 

Siwon laughs.

 

“No, it’s hard but it’s fun too. It’s not your fault to be sorry about, you know.”

 

Sungmin giggles by the remark, “I know. But, I can’t help from feeling sorry. I really hope that she didn’t give you much trouble.”

 

“Well, Victoria is still my cousin on top of that. I can’t ever win against her even if I want to.”

 

“You’re really close with her.” Sungmin commented.

 

Siwon nodded, “Quite close actually. She can be call as my childhood friend too. How did you know Victoria, Sungmin? You’re not from the same major in college right?”

 

“Nope, not at all.” Sungmin shakes her head, “But, we were roommate for a year.”

 

“Oh, no wonder that you’re so close. Victoria seems to know so much about you but, she never want to share it with me.” Siwon sulked.

 

Sungmin laughs softly, “She’s a cheerful girl to begin with unlike me.” a thin smile formed on her lips after she said that, “It must be strange to how a sophisticated girl like her to befriend with someone like me right?”

 

Siwon feels strange to why Sungmin said that.

 

“Why did you say that?”

 

“Ah, nothing. Please don’t mind me.”

 

“Sungmin…”

 

“So, what are we going to eat after this?” Sungmin cuts Siwon’s word before anything, a sign of not continuing the topic any longer.

 

“I really craze for sashimi now.” she laughs, hiding her true feelings, “Appa always treat me to one every time.”

 

What are you afraid of, Sungmin? Siwon asked inside.

 

Sungmin has many secrets.

 

Siwon remembered what Yesung told him just now. He noticed to how Sungmin’s expression change and to how much she wants to avoid it. He decided that it will end just like that for now. He still has times to get to know everything one by one. Furthermore, it is just the beginning of their first date.

 

 

 

TBC