I LOVE YOU TOO CHAPTER 34

I Love You Too

CHAPTER 34

 

The preparation for Ryeowook’s wedding was done without much waiting. She got all the help she could ask for from her loved ones especially Sungmin. Her wedding dress and Sungmin’s bridesmaid dress were custom made by Heechul. Everyone was already getting busy because there was not much time to begin with. Sungmin offered herself to be Ryeowook’s wedding planner and Ryeowook has never been any more thankful. Only Sungmin understands her best after all.

 

Apart from planning Ryeowook’s wedding Sungmin also getting busier with her love’s life. It was another day of work for Siwon. He had to monitor the new project’s advertisement which involved of the actress, Lee Minjung. It was also another day where Sungmin got a break from work and waited for him to finish the job before their date. Sungmin tried her best to avoid the stare she got from her mother. She knew she was not welcome there at all. But, she enjoyed watching Siwon doing his work. She feels proud to see how manly he is, that is what she thinks only.

 

“Ming.”

 

She turned by the call and smiled immediately seeing Jonghyun’s face.

 

“You’re okay?”

 

Sungmin nodded to the question.

 

“Waiting for your boyfriend again?”

 

He got another nod.

 

Jonghyun chuckled. Sungmin really is the cutest. Out of reflex, his hand patted Sungmin’s hand gently. Sungmin protested when being treated like a kid but it makes him teasing her even more. Then, Minhyuk also came and join in teasing them. They were seated at some isolated place from the site, so, no one really care. But, there was actually a pair of eyes watching their interaction with a deep frown.

 

How come Sungmin looked so close with those two? Siwon asked himself.

 

He was already feels jealous. Especially when he saw how casual Jonghyun touching his lover’s head like that. He understood that Yesung always did that, but that was because he is Sungmin’s adopted brother. But, that man was just Sungmin’s mother manager and yet, he was so close to her.

 

“Good work to you, Siwon-ssi.”

 

He jumped a bit by the sudden greet.

 

“Ah, good day to you too miss Minjung.” He greeted the actress back.

 

His eyes were still looking at Sungmin and the man though. Minjung followed to where his eyes looking and she smirked. A light bulb shines on top of her head.

 

“Sungmin and he are always so close to each other.” Minjung said, suddenly confused Siwon upon hearing that.

 

“Close? Who?” he blurted the question fast.

 

“Sungmin and Jonghyun. They were always close you know.” Minjung explained.

 

Siwon frowned, “Sungmin and Jonghyun?” he repeated.

 

Minjung nodded reluctantly, “Sungmin didn’t tell you anything about him?” she asked back.

 

“Ah no…no I think. Why? They knew each other?”

 

“Yes of course. They’re studied in the same school during high school.”

 

Siwon’s eyes widened of surprises from the information.

 

“And…she must be not telling you about their relationship, right?”

 

“What…what relationship?” Siwon asked nervously.

 

“Jonghyun was Sungmin’s first love.”

 

What?! Siwon’s eyes widened.

 

“I didn’t know exactly about their love-story. But, Jonghyun was Sungmin’s sunbae at her school and he was really close with her. Sungmin talked about him lots when she was teenager. I guess he does have a special place in Sungmin’s heart. They even had a nickname for each other, if you notice it.” Told Minjung to the lad.

 

Jjong-oppa.

 

Siwon remembered. Sungmin did call Jonghyun differently than his real name. Siwon stares at the couple talking while shooting dagger of jealousy towards Jonghyun. He feels envy just with the thought that his lover was close to that man. And now, first love? That is even worse.

 

Yet, by his side, he didn’t realize the smirk on Minjung’s expression. He didn’t realize that everything that was told was not exactly the whole truth to everything.

 

After that, Sungmin’s supposed to be date finished off early than what she expected. She realized the change on Siwon’s face after he finished his work but she didn’t dare to ask him anything in case she’s bothering the man. She knew there should be an understanding in each couples so, she accepted the cold shoulder given by Siwon. But, she never thought that it will be prolonged instead.

 

A week passed and Siwon still gives her the cold shoulder. Sungmin sighed depressingly. She has loads of works to do but all she feels was tired and restless. Siwon never acted like that before so it makes her curious to what has happened that changed him so suddenly. She tried to ask but she got no response instead. She’s getting lack of sleep because of thinking too much. She knew that if she didn’t take of herself, it might affect her job. She just couldn’t help it from thinking. It pained her heart a little bit.

 

She wanted the cold shoulders to end but she just couldn’t figure out how. It was the first time she ever had a lover and the first to get such reaction from someone that she loved.

 

“Unnie.”

 

Taemin touched Sungmin, taking her attention back to reality.

 

“Em?”

 

“What’s wrong? You’ve been spacing out.” She said.

 

Sungmin smiled thinly.

 

“Nothing, Tae. I was just thinking about work.” She lied.

 

Taemin pouted. She knew that Sungmin was lying. She knew that Sungmin has some problem. Heck, actually everyone knew that Sungmin had a problem. Her looks tell it all. But, they also knew it was no use to ask Sungmin because she will lie again to them.

 

“Unnie, tell me about Wookie unnie’s wedding. Have you mentally prepared?” she asked, changing the topic and changing Sungmin’s mood a little bit.

 

She succeeded on doing that though. Sungmin’s mood once again brightened when she remembered about Ryeowook’s upcoming wedding. She talked about it and momentarily forgets her love live problems.

 

The next day, Sungmin was again thinking about her relationship. She got no news from Siwon and she’s getting worried. Unlike her usual self, all she could think of was only her problem. She was doing her work absentmindedly when suddenly Kangin marched out from his office, red.

 

Pang!

 

Sungmin jumped by a sudden file being thrown right in front of her face.

 

“What have you done, Miss Lee?” Kangin was angry, she knew it.

 

“Wha…what did I do, sir?” she stammered.

 

“What have you done to the company?! You tell me!” Kangin yelled.

 

Sungmin jerked, and closed her eyes in fear.

 

“Why didn’t you remind me about the meeting with Mr Yook?! He called me and nagged at me! You know how much he hates waiting Sungmin! He even wants to cancel our joint-project! Now what are you going to do?!”

 

“Sorry…I’m sorry…” Sungmin apologized.

 

“I don’t want your sorry!” Kangin raged.

 

Sungmin twitched by the loud voice. Her eyes already tight closed accepting the anger. She heard Kangin’s growl.

 

“Forget about it. Take that and review it or anything. I need it done by tomorrow. I don’t care how you want to do it. I want it done!”

 

“Yes, sir!” Sungmin nodded frantically, “Ah President about Mr Yook…”

 

“I’ll deal him myself Lee Sungmin.” Kangin glared at her, “You’ll only slow me down.” And he left Sungmin there, reminiscing over her mistake.

 

Sungmin sniffed. Tears were about to spill from her eyes but she holds it in. She knew the man must be so frustrated with her by now. She made a terrible mistake. It was not like her and she didn’t like it at all. Mr Yook was known to be a very picky person. She was supposed to be extra careful whenever she deals with him but because of the recent stress, she knew she didn’t do her work properly. Even though it was not her first time being scolded by Kangin, it still hurt her feelings. Wasting no time, she took the file and started doing her work. She determined to finish it off in whatever cost. And she completely neglected herself.

 

 

/////

 

 

Siwon frowned. His mental and physical health was a mess. His workloads were getting heavier in the past few days. There were so much things on his mind lately, especially and mainly about Sungmin. He was stupid and realized he’s been cruel towards Sungmin with his attitude but he still do it. In the end, he was also suffered the love sickness.

 

“Change the dress. I hate it.” He simply ordered.

 

Many silent groan were heard by the order, from his staffs. But, even with complaints, the staff obeyed as what been told. Jonghyun was also involved with the work for that day. Well, it was his actress actually. He noticed the stress shown on Siwon’s face. He also noticed that Sungmin hasn’t pay a visit at all in the past week. He sorts of think something is wrong.

 

“Mr. Choi? Are you okay?” he started a conversation, “You seem restless.”

 

Siwon didn’t look at him, “I’m fine.” He replied short.

 

“Why haven’t I seen Sungmin in the past week? Did something happen to her?”

 

Siwon’s eyes twitches by the name spoken from Jonghyun’s lips. The words of ‘first love’ once again haunt him.

 

“There’s nothing happened. We both were busy.” He said reluctantly.

 

Jonghyun nodded, agreed.

 

“What about you, Jonghyun-ssi?” Siwon suddenly turned the question to Jonghyun.

 

“Eh? What about me?”

 

“Haven’t you contact with Sungmin? You are a GOOD friend of her right?” he mocked, glaring at the man with the corner of his eyes.

 

It was Jonghyun’s turn to frown. He sensed some anger in Siwon’s tone and he didn’t feel right by the term he said to him and Sungmin. Silence engulfed them. He knew what he said will not be right for Siwon in anyhow. His eyes travelled to Minjung. The woman was smirking.

 

It’s her again. He concluded.

 

The work continued again after that without much interference. After it ended, immediately Jonghyun cornered Minjung inside the waiting room.

 

“What did you do?” he asked her, sternly.

 

Minjung frowned deeply at him.

 

“What the hell are you talking about, Jonghyun? What did I do?” she feints an innocent face even though she understood exactly what the man was talking about.

 

She saw Jonghyun and Siwon’s talking at the work room. So, she already guessed what they are talking about with each other. She turned her face away.

 

“Don’t joke with me, Minjung. I know your plays exactly. What did you told Siwon that make him so angry to me?” he holds Minjung’s chin and forced her to face up with him, “Did you hurt Sungmin?”

 

“I didn’t do anything!” Minjung retorted and pushed his hand away.

 

“Can you have a little trust in me? Am I that cruel to hurt my own daughter?” She tried to convince Jonghyun.

 

Jonghyun stared at her long. Being with the woman day and night, he was already knew to not hundred percent her. And yet, he has no proof against it. He sighed and slowly let go but not before he gave a warning.

 

“You better stop thinking whatever you’re planning now, Minjung. I don’t like it.” And he left the room with a glare.

 

Minjung gulped. After the door was closed, she scoffed angrily and throws her handbag to the door, angrily. She was lucky that Jonghyun believed in her but it angered her that the man siding Sungmin so much.

 

Stop? Never. I will never stop. She determined.

 

 

/////

 

 

Sungmin did her work in total silence. She kept away her mind from thinking much about the problem and focused on the mistake she made instead. She knew that Kangin is capable of solving it but she was still sad with the fact that Kangin is angry at her. It has been so long since she saw an angry Kangin like that. Probably because she already used to the kind Kangin, so, when it happened again, it hurts her. It was her to blame. She mixed her personal and work together, totally unprofessional of her. The telephone rang.

 

“Hello, this is Kim Company. How may I help you?” Sungmin answered the ringing telephone.

 

“Sungmin?”

 

She tensed almost right away to hear the voice.

 

Kyu. She called inside. The sadness overwhelms her once more.

 

“Ah, Mr Cho. Good day. What can I do for you?” she asked, composing her best to sound normal.

 

“I’m looking for hyung. Is he available?” Kyuhyun asked.

 

“Not at the moment, Mr Cho.” She quickly responded, “Why? I can take note for him if you want. He might be late because…he had some urgent meeting to attend…” she mumbled the last words inaudibly.

 

“No, it’s okay. I’ll call him back again later.”

 

“Okay. Is there…”

 

“Sungmin? Are you okay?” Kyuhyun cuts off his sentence before anything.

 

“Eh?”

 

“Why did you sounded like you’re crying?” he asked again, noticing something by the silence.

 

“I’m…I’m not…”

 

“Are you sure?” he cuts her words again.

 

“Of course.” Sungmin lied, though she already on the verge of crying by the question, “I’m just having lots of works. Maybe I’m tired…”

 

“Hey, tell me.”

 

“Ah.”

 

 “You know that you’re a bad liar, right?”

 

Sungmin once again fell into silent by the words. Kyuhyun has seems to notice every pain that she hid. And it makes her sadder to realize it.

 

“Tell me. I’m all ears for you.” He told the girl.

 

“Kyu…” Sungmin’s professional voice changed drastically.

 

The silence clearly showed that Kyuhyun’s guess is right on track. Kyuhyun sighed heavily.

 

“Did you have a fight with hyung?”

 

“Not really. I made some mistake in work.”

 

“And he got angry at you?”

 

“It’s my fault though.”

 

“Did he apologize?”

 

“I did.”

 

Kyuhyun sighed again. Sungmin’s kindness has never changed. With every question he asked, Sungmin still blame herself and defended Kangin. She still put other people first even though it hurts her. Habits do die hard, he thought.

 

“Kyu?” Sungmin called, after she got a long silence from the other line.

 

Kyuhyun smiled. He knew Sungmin will not be able to see it and notice. But, he actually feels happy just to hear Sungmin’s voice calling for his name. It fitted perfectly and sounded so beautiful. Blame on his love to the girl entirely.

 

He takes a deep breath and heaves it out slowly.

 

“Neoneun wae itorok nareul tteollige hani

 

Neoui jonjaemani nareul sum swige hani

 

Amudo eopseossdeon gananhaessdeon maeumi

 

Boseok gateun neoro gadeukhae, gomawo

 

(Why you make me tremble?

 

Your existence makes me breath

 

My empty and poor heart

 

Thanks for filling with a jewel-like you)”

 

Sungmin was stunned when out of sudden Kyuhyun started to sing.

 

Her eyes watered to hear that soothing voice. It clears and calms her restless heart in just a second. Kyuhyun’s voice has never failed in making her feel at ease. She closed her eyes and slowly enjoying the song. Sungmin smiles sadly and scold herself to be that vulnerable with Kyuhyun. But, she’s still glad. Among every men around her, only Kyuhyun that she is able to show that side of her. Not that Kyuhyun noticed that, she told herself. Sungmin thanked Kyuhyun and promised that she will be okay with the man before hanging up.

 

After a calming song from Kyuhyun, Sungmin slowly was able to compose herself to do her work again. She determined to make up for the loss that she created to Kangin. Without resting, she worked her out for the whole afternoon. She almost forgets the slight fever she had earlier. By the time she finished her work, her world turned black, completely.

 

 

/////

 

 

Kangin sighed tiredly. After a long hour of talk, he finally managed to convince his supplier to accept the mistake the company. He had to let go of his pride, but it was for the best. He drove back to his company. It was night but he needs to do something before going home. But still, he was unsure on how to face up with Sungmin again with the anger he vent that afternoon. He felt guilty but more than that, he was torn apart himself.

 

I should apologize to her. He told himself and walked into his office.

 

His eyes widened.

 

“Sungmin!”

 

Sungmin was lying helplessly there, in his room, looking pale as white sheet.

 

“Sungmin. Sungmin!” he called and patted Sungmin’s cheeks softly.

 

Sungmin groaned and slowly opened her eyes, exhausted.

 

“Op…oppa?” she gathered her voice to speak.

 

Kangin sighed faintly.

 

“What happened to you?” he helped Sungmin to sit up.

 

“I…I don’t know…my head…hurt. What time is it now?” she asked.

 

“It’s night, Sungmin.” replied Kangin.

 

Sungmin immediately tensed by the answer.

 

“Night?! My work! Ah!!” she got up but to fall once more, in Kangin’s embrace.

 

Her head was still hurting and her world was spinning into a mess. She heard Kangin grumbled and feels her body suddenly being lift.

 

“Oppa?”

 

“You’re having a fever. We’ll go to the hospital first.” He told the latter and walked away, without listening to Sungmin’s protest.

 

When they reached the hospital, Sungmin was admitted to a room and being inserted iv. Luckily, she didn’t have a high fever. After taking the medicine, she slowly falls asleep. Kangin was still besides her, waiting. Sungmin looked so weak lying on the white sheet. Kangin blamed himself for the anger he showed her and with what has happened, he feel worse.

 

“Hyung!”

 

Kangin turned by the call and a panting Siwon came into his sight.

 

“What happened?” Siwon rushed to Sungmin’s side, “Is she okay? What happened actually?” he repeated his question in worry.

 

“Sungmin has a slight fever, that’s all.” Kangin answered, “She’s been spacing a lot in these few days. Maybe she was tired.”

 

Siwon turned to his girlfriend, saddened to see her condition. It was his fault, he blamed.

 

“I’ll take my leave now. Remember to bring her home after this.” He reminded.

 

“Thank you, hyung.” Siwon thanked him before the man leaves.

 

Kangin nodded and took his steps away. Around the corner, he stopped and turned to look at the couple. It was him who called Siwon. That man is Sungmin’s lover after all. But, his heart ached watching Siwon’s loving look to Sungmin. He already giving up on Sungmin and yet he don’t understand why he feels uneasy with Sungmin and Siwon’s relationship. He sighed deeply and left the hospital, going home. He prayed that everything will turn out okay for Sungmin in the morning.

 

Back to Siwon, he took Sungmin’s hands into his and gripped it gently. Her hands feel so cold, probably due to the air-conditioning above them. But, she looked so pale and weak. Damn, he missed her so much. He scolded himself, closing his eyes and taking Sungmin’s hand closer to his face and kissed it.

 

“I’m sorry.” He apologized, “I’m sorry for ignoring you, Sungminie.”

 

There is not always happiness in one relationship. There were some hurdles and problems too. Siwon knew that his jealousy was not a joke and he knew he hurts Sungmin. It wasn’t too late for him to make amend, and he promised he will not waste the chance ever.

 

 

TBC

 

~~Blues...life is a struggle TT~~