I LOVE YOU TOO CHAPTER 44

I Love You Too

 

CHAPTER 44 - HEARTACHE

 

Few days already passed since the day where Sungmin first met up with Sooyoung. It has been few days also, she and Siwon didn’t talk to each other. He seems so far away from her and she’s been depressed ever since. Sungmin wondered why Siwon got angry at her and why is it her fault that he only saw.

 

I’m so tired. How many days has it been? Does it hurt? Well, not much actually. She questioned and answered herself.

 

She stepped into her family’s house with heavy steps. She has been staying there for a few days now. Her house was on renovation something. Blame her appa on that. He said he wanted to present her with a new kitchen. She didn’t understand the reason why but she couldn’t protest much seeing the sulk on the father’s face. It was amusing but was irresistible at the same time, so she accepted the gift. 

 

“Hey Sungminie!” Sungmin quickly turned.

 

Her jaw dropped when she looked at the owner of the voice. Victoria was there, not too far from her, waving happily.

 

“Vicky!” Sungmin called for her name, and run towards her.

 

She hugged Victoria tight. No words could express how happy she is to see her again. It has been few weeks they didn’t meet with each other due to Victoria’s tight schedule. Victoria giggles by Sungmin’s sudden intimacy.

 

“I miss you too, Minnie.” She patted Sungmin’s back few times, already could understand her action.

 

Sungmin let go of the hug and look into Victoria’s eyes. She smiled.

 

“What are you doing here? When did you come back actually?” she asked.

 

Victoria laughed softly, “I came back yesterday. And I’m here because I need Aunt Hae’s help for my house interior.” She explained.

 

“House…interior? You’re moving?”

 

Victoria nodded eagerly, “My hubby bought a new house. It’s still 80% in progress but it’s almost ready.”

 

“Congratulations!” Sungmin congratulated her happily, “But, oppa is being so kind lately. Do you have some kind of good news?”

 

Victoria laughed at the question.

 

“What nonsense are you talking about, Minnie. My hubby is always nice, there’s nothing new in that.”

 

“Hehehe…he is.” Sungmin agreed.

 

“Anyway, are you done with your work?” Sungmin nodded with Victoria’s question, “Wanna come with me for a shopping?” she suggested.

 

Sungmin’s smile automatically grew, “Yes! Yes! I want!” she replied eagerly, “I’ll change my clothes first.” And she quickly went into her room.

 

Victoria smile widely with her innocence. Donghae came afterwards when Sungmin has gone into her room.

 

“You’re going out with Sungmin?” she asked with the latter nodded as an answer.

 

“Thank you. I really think Minnie need the rest. She’s been restless in the past few days. And she didn’t even want to share it with me.” She sighed.

 

“She’s always like that, right? We can’t even argue on it.”

 

Donghae nodded, agreed.

 

“Don’t worry, Aunt Hae. I’ll have a talk with her. Who knows, she might want to tell me.”

 

“Hopefully.” She hoped.

 

Victoria brings Sungmin to the mall and succeeded in making Sungmin forget a bit about the love problem she had. They went for a movie and a restaurant to eat right after that. It was then, Victoria decided it is time for her to ask about Sungmin’s problem.

 

“Did you have a fight with oppa?” Victoria guessed.

 

Sungmin’s face fell. She didn’t right away answer and just play with her food instead.

 

“Vic…am I weird?”

 

“Weird? What do you mean?”

 

She once again fell into silent.

 

“Few days ago…we accidentally met with Sooyoung.” Sungmin replied, almost inaudible.

 

“Who? Sooyoung?” Victoria was surprised by the name spoken, “Wait, when did she come back?”

 

Sungmin shrugged, “We just met I guess.”

 

“And? What she did? She didn’t attack you right?”

 

“A bit.”

 

“Damn that . How dare she attack you?” Victoria cursed, gritting in anger.

 

“Vic…you already knew right? Sooyoung said she and Siwon oppa were engaged with each other since they’re kids.” Sungmin replied, her voice flat with sadness.

 

Victoria watched her in pain. She knew about it ever since but, she also knew that Siwon never had any feelings for the other woman. Sooyoung is their childhood friend and also the daughter of their family’s business partner. It started with business relation at first, but, Sooyoung somewhat is head over heels over his cousin.

 

“I was too shock by their engagement information that I didn’t even say anything when she attacked me. Siwon oppa defended me but then…he got angry at me.” Sungmin whispered the last statement inaudibly.

 

“What? Why?”

 

Sungmin looked at Victoria and shook her head slowly, “I…I don’t know…” she replied, “He didn’t even explain to me anything. I don’t understand it myself.” She murmured to herself.

 

“Hey Sungmin…it’s alright.” called Victoria softly, holding her hands into hers, “Don’t think much about that woman. She’s just being delusional. Siwon oppa loves you, trust me. About the engagement…maybe there’s something wrong somewhere. I’m sure Siwon oppa intended to tell you. Probably the time is just not right.” She explained and comforted her.

 

Sungmin was still silence. Her mind and heart are so much in pain.

 

“Do you want me talk to him?” Victoria suggested but Sungmin quickly protested.

 

“Don’t…I don’t want to make it worse.” She said softly, “If you said there’s nothing, then there’s nothing for me to worry about. It will get better.”

 

“But Sungmin…”

 

“It’s okay, Vic. This is normal in love relationship, right?” Sungmin gave her a big smile.

 

She is lying to herself but for the mean time, she knew that it was the best thing to do. It is her first relationship ever, so she really doesn’t want it to end just like it. Even when Victoria talked about Siwon after that, she quickly changes the topic. It hurts. And yet, she hasn’t gotten any cure to it.

 

 

 

/////

 

 

 

When it is finally Jimin’s birthday party, Sungmin went there with a nervous heart. It is really awkward when she thought that she will be meeting with Siwon again whereas they are still not in good term. But, after a long thought, she still went since she already promised Jimin and the mother about it. And as she expected, the one who welcomed her at the party first is Siwon. They both stared at each other long and Sungmin is the first to break the tense with a smile.

 

“Minnie unnie!!” Jimin runs happily into Sungmin’s arms upon noticing her.

 

Sungmin laughed while hugging her, “Happy birthday, Jiminie. Here. This is your present.” She gave her a beautifully wrapped box to the little girl.

 

“Wow! Thank you! Also, thank you for the cake unnie.” Jimin thanked, planting a kiss on both Sungmin’s cheek, “It’s very beautiful.”

 

“You’re welcome. I’m glad that you like it.”

 

“Jiminie!” Jimin’s friends called for her.

 

“Go on. Your friends are waiting.” Sungmin pushed her lightly towards them.

 

Jimin nodded eagerly and quickly ran towards her awaiting friends. Sungmin smiled widely watching Jimin talking and chatting with her friends.

 

“She’s really excited.” Siwon commented.

 

Sungmin hummed in agreement, “It is her best day after all. She should be happy.”

 

“I’m glad that you’re here, baby.” Siwon said thankfully, “And sorry…”

 

“Shhh…” Sungmin puts her finger on Siwon to stop him from continuing, “It’s okay. I’ve already forgotten everything. It’s not your fault, oppa.”

 

Siwon smiled apologetically, “I’m very sorry, Sungminie.” He said, kissing Sungmin’s hand gently, “I promise I will not lose my temper ever again.”

 

Sungmin shook her head, “It’s okay oppa. Let’s not talk about the past anymore. I am more than happy than you’re not angry at me anymore.”

 

Siwon beamed to hear that words from his lover. He’s really grateful that Sungmin is willing to forgive him after the last incident. They hold hands with each other and he took her to the refreshment. They met up with Jiwon and talked until Jiwon excused herself to her daughter. While him and Sungmin talking, another woman approached them and with a frown. Sungmin recognized her right away, Siwon’s mother.

 

“Who is this, Siwonie?” her mother asked curiously referred to Sungmin.

 

“This is…” Siwon trailed, sort of hesitating, “My girlfriend, mom.”

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“He…hello aunty.” Sungmin greeted nervously.

 

“No, wait.” She raised her hand away, ignored Sungmin’s hand of greetings.

 

“What did you just say, Wonnie?” she glared at her son, “What sort of nonsense are spurting right now, huh? What girlfriend?”

 

“Mom, please.” Siwon stopped his mother, “I don’t want to talk about this now.”

 

“Talk about what Siwon? Who is this girl? Since when did you have a girlfriend? Have you forgotten that you’re engaged to Sooyoung?”

 

“Mom!” Siwon’s voice rose a bit.

 

The mother growled at him, “What? I was just saying the truth right?”

 

“Mom, please. You know that I never love Sooyoung. She’s only a sister to me. Moreover, I never agree with this engagement. You only decided it without me.” he explained.

 

“Siwon, don’t…”

 

Siwon raise his hand, stopping his mother from continuing, “I don’t want to talk about this anymore, mom. Not today. Sungmin is my girlfriend and you will have to learn to accept that. Come on Sungmin, Jimin must be looking for you.” Siwon pulled Sungmin’s hand and left, ignoring the call and protest from his mother.

 

Sungmin was absolutely flustered watching the argument between them just now.

 

“Oppa.” She called and stopped Siwon, “Please don’t fight with your mother.” She pleaded him.

 

Siwon sighed.

 

“I was not at fault, Sungmin. Mom was being ridiculous. I already told her that I’ve you as my girlfriend but she still doesn’t want to admit. She still insists that I am engaged to Sooyoung. Look at what she just did.”

 

Sungmin’s eyes glassed by Siwon’s last statement, “But you are…” she whispered the words inaudibly.

 

“Stop it, Lee Sungmin.” Siwon suddenly warned, “Don’t try to make me angry. I really don’t want to stress myself with this matter.” He said and just left ahead.

 

Sungmin stared at the retreating figure sadly. Somehow, she can sense that Siwon is still not over their fight. She followed the man, and stayed silent. She tried to keep herself company by talking with Jiwon instead but, her eyes are always followed Siwon’s movement. Only that man, didn’t realize and wanting to notice her stare. It devastated Sungmin’s heart so much. She can’t believe that being in love will hurt that much.

 

 

 

/////

 

 

 

At the Lee house one morning, Eunhyuk wakes up from his slumber without Donghae by his side, as usual. His wife normally woke earlier than him to prepare breakfast and things for him to go to work, so he never complains anything about waking up alone. After a few yawns and stretching, he gets up from bed and freshens up. When everything was done, he walks down to the diner room and greets his wife with a morning kiss, first and foremost.

 

“Good morning, my Hae.” he said sweetly.

 

Donghae brightly smiles and patted his cheek gently before pulled him to sit on the main chair.

 

“Good morning to you too, dear.” She responded, “Have a good sleep?”

 

Eunhyuk nodded obediently.

 

“Here’s your coffee, sir.” The maid served him and he thanked her while opens the newspaper to read.

 

“Have you prepared the porridge I ask you, nanny?” asked Donghae and replied with a nod by the maid.

 

“All ready, ma’am. Do you want me to serve it now?”

 

“Yes, prepared it on a tray and bring it here. I’ll take it to her.” she ordered.

 

The maid obeys and excuses herself to the kitchen to do as told.

 

“Porridge? For who? You?” query Eunhyuk right away.

 

“No, dear. It’s for our daughter, Sungmin.”

 

Eunhyuk’s eyes widened by the name spoke.

 

“Sungmin? She’s here?” Donghae nodded, “Why? When? What happened? Why I didn’t know anything about it? I thought that she went home yesterday.” Eunhyuk boomed with questions anxiously.

 

“She comes home early this morning. I was shock myself when she arrived suddenly.” Explained Donghae.

 

Immediately, Eunhyuk stands up, “I’ll see her.”

 

“No!” Donghae fast stopped her husband before he made his move.

 

“Eh? Why...” whined Eunhyuk unsatisfied.

 

“Don’t bother her, Hyukkie. She’s resting.” She reasoned.

 

“But, Hae…”

 

“NO!” Donghae insisted, “You, going to her room now will not going to help her get better. She seems exhausted now and you know how secretive she is. Let’s just give her a rest now. Just go to work, Hyukkie.” she demanded, glaring at the man to show her seriousness.

 

Eunhyuk frowned, “But, I’m worry about my baby girl.” He rebutted, “Can I just take a peek at her? Just a peek?” he requested, widening his eyes three times bigger on purpose.

 

“No.” Donghae sternly decided.

 

They had silent eye-battle for a few seconds before Eunhyuk finally surrendered. He sighed with a pout.

 

“Okay…” he trailed his words like a little kid.

 

“Please understand Hyukkie. You can ask Sungmin when you come home later. I’m sure when she’s ready she’ll volunteer to tell you everything on her own. She’s your baby girl, remember? Just give her time. I’m sure she needs all your support by then.” Donghae explained long.

 

He sighed again, but agreed.

 

“But, inform me right away if there’s anything.” He threatened.

 

Donghae smiled relieved, “I will, my love.” She promised and hugged her husband tight.

 

Eunhyuk sulked, and yet, he didn’t say anything of rebut. Seriously, he wants to know what had happened for Sungmin’s sudden arrival. But, then again, he decided to wait. Patience is virtue, he comforted himself.

 

 

 

/////

 

 

 

Sungmin stares into the sky, thinking of nothing but yesterday incident. Siwon completely ignored her after that first meeting with his mother. It became worse when Sooyoung came to the party too. Unlike before, Siwon treated her invisibly and let Sooyoung pulled him around greeting other people. She feels jealous but Siwon doesn’t seem to understand it. She can almost see the smirk of triumph shown on Sooyoung and Siwon’s mother. They hated her, she concluded. Sungmin wants so much to stop thinking negatively but everything was so painful for her to comprehend alone. A long sigh escaped from . She’s still tired.

 

“Young lady.”

 

“Hm?” Sungmin right away responded when someone call for her.

 

“A phone call for you.” informed the maid while hands in her the phone.

 

Sungmin frowned confusingly but still take it nonetheless. She puts the phone beside her ear and greets the caller.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Sungminie?”

 

“Ah.” Sungmin’s breathe was actually paused for a moment hearing the voice.

 

“Are you okay?” the caller, Ryeowook asked again when she got no reply from Sungmin.

 

Sungmin chuckled, “I’m fine, Wookie. Why would you think I am not?” She said, lays her back comfortably to the soft cushion.

 

“Because my instinct says so.” Immediately Ryeowook retorted, “I called for your phone many times too, but none were answered. I was so worried. It was Hae-umma who told me of your whereabouts. If not…I don’t know how long I will keep wondering about you.” she nagged long.

 

Sungmin just smiles to hear it. Still didn’t say a word.

 

“Are you really okay, Sungminie? Did anything happen? Do you want to talk to me about it?” she boomed with questions, obviously worry about her best friend.

 

A faint sigh was heard came out from Sungmin.

 

“Nothing happen Wookie. I’m fine.” She lied, “My phone is charging that’s why you couldn’t reach me.”

 

And Ryeowook sense her lies alright. Even with the fake lies and laughs, she can recognize completely that Sungmin is lying. Truthfully she was surprised to find out that Sungmin went back to her parent’s house. It was every unusual for that to happen knowing the latter for so long already. After that, Sungmin changed the topic and talk about something else instead. She sighed but obliged the changes. She reminded herself to go to the Lee house later.

 

Finishing her talk with Ryeowook, Sungmin went back to staring into space. Her shoulder feels a bit lighter compare to before. She lazes around, thinking of nothing and at that time she spotted the house gardener walking not too far from her towards the green house. After a thought, she stands up from her seat and followed the old man.

 

“Ahjussi.” The gardener turned towards her by the call.

 

“Young lady.”

 

“What are you planting, ahjussi? New flower?” Sungmin asked, crouching down at the same level as the man.

 

The man smiled, “Yes, young lady. I bought these new rose plants at the auction yesterday.” He replied, showing a potted plant in his hand.

 

“Can I help?” Sungmin grinned wide.

 

“But…”

 

“I want to help.” She quickly said, already rolling up her sleeves to help.

 

Myunghoon chuckled by the eagerness shown. He can’t say no to their young lady after all. So, together, they started planting the flowers. Sungmin was smiling and the older man was more than just glad to see it.

 

“Did something happen to you, young lady?” Myunghoon brave up to ask after some time.

 

He was really worried about Sungmin’s sudden arrival. Truthfully, everyone in the household was worried when she arrived that morning. Her eyes were red and she looked so weak. They asked about what happened but Sungmin didn’t give any answer to which worry them even more. The Lee household all treated Sungmin just like their own, so whenever something happened to her, they couldn’t help but to feel anxious.

 

Sungmin was silence, playing with the shovel aimlessly, “There’s nothing…ahjussi…” she mumbled, not looking forward.

 

There is something. He concluded. But, seeing the expression on Sungmin’s face, he doesn’t think it will be wise for him to ask further. She must have a reason for doing so. So, he changed the subject.

 

“Do you remember the first tree that you ever plant, Sungminie?” he started a conversation.

 

Sungmin grinned wide, he nodded.

 

“Em! That tree!” Sungmin pointed, amidst like a child, “It’s mine and appa’s first tree that we planted together. It has grown quiet big now.” She said.

 

Myunghoo nodded, “Yes, it has grown. Strong and beautiful like you are, young lady.” He praised, holding a special meaning behind it.

 

Sungmin didn’t tear her gaze away from the flowers. She knew the meaning is referring to her. But, she just didn’t know what to reply the elder man.

 

“I have been in this household ever since your father’s time. I remembered to how unlucky your father is with plants.” He started a story.

 

Sungmin’s eyes turned to him, and listened tentatively. Myunghoon has a father smile on him. He takes a scoop of the soil and puts it into a small pot.

 

“Every time he made an effort of planting something, the plant is either dried to death or doesn’t live long. It made me wonders why did it happen. And your father, he gives up almost immediately. So much with being a stubborn man.” He and Sungmin laughed at the joke, “But one day…you suggested him to plant.”

 

He smiled to Sungmin, remembering the memories.

 

“Your father rejected the idea, saying that it will not do any good but I know he just didn’t have much confidence. You pestered him every moment when he comes home and finally he agreed. I remembered the look on both of you when the plant grows beautifully like it is now. It is a proof of your love together.” He said sincerely.

 

“Appa…has given me so much.” Sungmin murmured softly but was heard loud and clear by Myunghoon.

 

The elder wipes off his hand and took Sungmin’s hand together towards a new flower pot. Sungmin stared at him blankly.

 

“You know young lady…” the man started to speak again, “It is said for each plant to have very special meaning in our life. Love and trusts especially.” His hands gently help Sungmin to plant a new flower, “It is the same with human’s life. Our purpose of live is different but I’m sure all agreed that everyone wanting to be loved and loved someone. It’s okay to get hurt sometimes.”

 

Sungmin’s eyes get teary by his last statement.

 

“Hurt is a proof that you are loved too.” He comforted her, “And you, miss Sungmin, remember that no matter what happen, we here will always love you.”

 

Sungmin nodded and wipes away the unseen tears before it spills. The gardener patted Sungmin’s head lovingly. He knew that girl has been through so much in her life unlike other girls. That’s why they all loved her. Sungmin might stay secretive forever but they will always be there by her side.

 

 

 

/////

 

 

 

After lunch, Sungmin decided that it’s time for her to go out. Sungmin stood by the main gate while spacing out. She’s at the Lee Corporation, waiting for her father to come out. It’s been few minutes, but there’s still no sign of him coming out from the office. Well, she’s to blame at one part. She didn’t tell him about her sudden visit, so, she can’t expect for her father to come out sooner.

 

“Appa.” Sungmin called, chirping happily.

 

“Ah, Sungmin?” Eunhyuk was sure shock to see his daughter standing unexpectedly in front of him like that.

 

Sungmin smiles sheepishly by Eunhyuk’s shocking reaction.

 

“What…are you doing here?”

 

“I have nothing to do at home anyway, so, I ended up coming~~” She replied, sang.

 

“I ended up coming?” Eunhyuk repeated.

 

That’s just…so cute. Eunhyuk praised with chuckle by Sungmin’s cute gesture. He sighed but with a smile on his face. He turned to his secretary.

 

“Get everything ready as we discuss on my table.” He ordered the secretary, “I’ll see to it later when I get to the office.”

 

“Right away, sir.”

 

“Also, finish up all the minute meetings. We’ll discuss about the details tomorrow.” The secretary nodded, while scribing the orders into his I-pad.

 

“Is there anything else, sir?”

 

“Cancel all appointment for today. Here, take this and ask the driver to send it to my house. I will leave with daughter. I don’t want anyone bothering me, understand?” he handed his coats and bag.

 

“Alright, sir.”

 

The secretary bowed politely and excused himself to leave.

 

“Is it okay, appa?” Sungmin questioned hesitantly.

 

“Yes, it’s okay. Let’s go.” He said, holding out his hands towards the latter.

 

Sungmin smiled brightly. She accepted the hands and hugged it securely. The father and daughter smiled to each other, happy.

 

“Where do you want to go?” asked the father.

 

“Date?”

 

Eunhyuk nodded.

 

“Then…” Sungmin thought with head tilting to the side cutely, “Aquarium!” her eyes sparkles into bright stars.

 

Eunhyuk laughed seeing it. With that decision, together they have a spontaneous date alone with only each other. It has been long since the last time they have a date so, it means very special to them especially Eunhyuk himself. His face smudged with smiles when he sees the happy smile on Sungmin’s expression as she played around like a kid. Her face were blue by the water’s reflection makes it funny for him watching.

 

He sighed of relief unconsciously. He is glad that Sungmin’s fear of water has changed a bit. If it was before, Sungmin will always cry and glued to him like stick whenever they interact with water. He never forgets the reason behind it and always prayed for her to heal. He’s forever grateful to have many people around her in supporting his daughter.

 

“So, what’s wrong? Did you miss me?” the father asked her.

 

“I always miss you, appa. You know that. And we met just last weekend, remember?”

 

Eunhyuk snickered at her.

 

“I know. But, you seem so far away nowadays. I think I regret of letting you having a boyfriend.” He complained, pouting like a kid.

 

Sungmin’s expression was instantly changed by the word ‘boyfriend’. She holds onto her father more and not saying a word of retort. Eunhyuk frowned by the reaction, but he can sort of guess what’s the reason behind it.

 

“Something happened?” he tried to ask.

 

Sungmin denied, shaking her head slowly.

 

“Nothing…” she murmurs the answer, “Nothing happen…”

 

Sungmin’s reply isn’t convincing at all to Eunhyuk’s ears. He heavily sighed and continued walking. There’s no use asking further when the way Sungmin acts already answered everything that he about to ask.

 

“Appa…long ago…when you said you want to get married to mama…” Sungmin trailed, word by word, “Did anyone oppose?”

 

“Anyone?” Eunhyuk sneered at the word, “Everyone opposed, Sungmin.” he said, with a smug smirk.

 

“Eh? Everyone?”

 

Eunhyuk smiled bitterly, “Me and your mama were still in high school at that time. I am one of the chaebeol at school where as your mama was the school angel. Everyone hated the news when we announced of getting married. Even my best friend avoided me completely. We had no money and nowhere to run but the difference was that we were not alone. She’s carrying you.”

 

Sungmin and her father’s eyes meet with each other. Eunhyuk Sungmin’s hair with love.

 

“But, we got married still and we were happy.” Eunhyuk stated the bitter truth.

 

“If only I was not born.” Sungmin added to Eunhyuk’s statement, blaming herself for Eunhyuk’s painful past.

 

Her face turned gloom once more. She recalled back Jaekuyng’s threat of not liking her. Say it as jinx, now she also has to go through the same fate as what her mother did. Her parents’ wedding without blessing finally ended up broken. And now, she might experience the same thing. She thought that maybe it is the most important thing to get a parent’s blessing in a relationship.

 

Probably…she and Siwon really didn’t mean for each other.

 

“Sungmin.”

 

“Ah.” Sungmin jolted from her thought by Eunhyuk’s call.

 

Eunhyuk’s expression softened. His hands slowly reached for Sungmin and cupped her face lovingly.

 

“Stop blaming yourself.” Sungmin tensed by his statement.

 

“What happened to me and your mama was already a past and it was absolutely not your fault. We are not meant to be with each other. It was her choice who chooses to leave us, not because of you. She has hurt both you and me Sungmin, remember that.” He consoled her, “But, one thing for sure, even if you turn back the time now, I would still chose to be your father. I am proud to be one.”

 

Sungmin eyes glassed, glistening with tears by Eunhyuk’s word of comforts. Her lips quivers as drop of tears fall one by one from her eyes. She embraced her father tight. Eunhyuk sighed, but hugged her back firmly. Heartache. So much painful things that happened to Sungmin, but he couldn’t do anything about it.

 

 

/////

 

 

 

Choi Jaekyung really hated the fact that her son chooses Sungmin as his lover. After the last meeting with her, she immediately hired a private detective to search information about Sungmin. Her hatred grew after knowing Sungmin is only a personal assistant and the daughter of a small business family which is totally different than her status, she thought. Moreover after finding out about Sungmin’s background which came from a broken family, she felt betrayed by Siwon’s choice. He should have chosen better, she told herself. Investigating deeper, she finally got a hold of Sungmin’s birthmother, Lee Minjung.

 

Now, staring at each other arrogantly, they sat down at a café waiting for any of them to speak first. Jaekyung scanned Minjung’s attire from head to toe, and concluded that she is a beauty but egoist all the same. Minjung’s appearance of meeting her is almost the same as what she saw Minjung through the media.

 

“Let’s just get straight to the point, Minjung-ssi.” Jaekyung spoke.

 

“Hm?”

 

“I don’t approve of your daughter.” She claimed arrogantly.

 

Minjung stares at her, emotionless.

 

“I don’t like her. And I don’t like her being together with my son. I will not agree and forever will not accept for a low-status woman like her into my family.”

 

Minjung was silence while listening to her statement. Unexpected by Jaekyung, she smirked.

 

“So?” she responded at her.

 

“What?”

 

“You don’t approve of my daughter. So? Why tell me?” Minjung repeated her question sarcastically.

 

Jaekyung mouths hang open, couldn’t believe the attitude of Minjung, “Seriously,” she scoffed, “Are you dense or just acting? I’m saying that I hated your daughter’s relationship with my son. And you still question me back? Don’t you have brain to think?”

 

Minjung laughed, taunting her even more.

 

“What do you want me to do, Jaekyung-ssi? Separate them?”

 

Jaekyung cringed, irritated by Minjung’s mock. And her laugh added to more irritation.

 

“You’ve chosen to meet with the wrong person.” She told her with a stare, “The only relationship I had with Lee Sungmin is that she is borne from me and has my blood. More than that, she’s nothing but just my daughter on the paper.”

 

“Hah? What do you mean?”

 

“My past marriage was not actually a fond memory of mine, Jaekyung-ssi. My ex-husband and I were never in a good term with each other. He wanted me to be a wife and a good mother, but I want more than just that. I want fame and wealth to satisfy me. And he, being the arrogant man he is, he refuse to give me all that. So, because of that, we decided to separate from each other.”

 

“So?”

 

“So, what am I saying is…”

 

“I have nothing to do with Lee Sungmin and I don’t freaking care about her.” she stated haughtily.

 

Jaekyung frowned, didn’t understand.

 

Minjung smirked at her reaction, “You do know that Sungmin didn’t live with me but her father, right?” she asked.

 

“I’ve checked.” Replied Jaekyung after a nod.

 

“But actually, she did live with me for a few years before this. And you don’t know how much I had to put up with when she’s living with me. She’s a horrid.” Minjung openly insulted, frightened Jaekyung a bit.

 

“Even though I didn’t care about her, the fact that she was borne from me and has my charm is true. That charm she had has become the main reason why she’s always surrounded and well-like by men around her. But, that charm that is so obvious to me that have turned my love to her into hatred instead. She has given me nothing but trouble all the time. She, unlike the innocent face she had, is actually a seducer. Every man that I brought home was all seduced by her.”

 

Jaekyung’s eyes grew three times bigger than normal, flabbergasted by the revelation.

 

“That’s why…I am more than happy if you objected her relationship with Siwon. I’ll be glad to help in fact.” She suggested.

 

Jaekyung gawked, “You…what are you?” she asked her mind out loud.

 

Minjung smirked at her, “I’m her mama.” she claimed.

 

With that, another truce has been created.

 

 

 

/////

 

 

 

Siwon stares blankly at his computer screen thinking about his relationship with Sungmin. He realized that many things have happened since their first fight. He blames himself for being overly jealous but he really couldn’t help it.

 

“Oppa.”

 

Siwon jolted by the voice. He blinked and sees Victoria in front of him, frowning.

 

“Vic? When did you come?” he asked, changing his position into a comfortable one, “Why didn’t you tell me you’re coming?”

 

“I came in just now.” She replied simply and took a seat, “So, I’ve heard.”

 

Siwon looked at her confusingly.

 

“What?”

 

“Sooyoung.” Siwon flinched by the name from Victoria’s mouth, “Sungmin told me that Sooyoung attacked her when you met her at the mall. Then, what happened next?” she asked, straight to the point.

 

Siwon averted his eyes away, “What do you want to know?”

 

A deep frown appeared on Victoria, “What I want to know?” she repeated, “I want to know your response oppa!” she said, a bit angry, “Just because that is already back, you started ignore Sungmin now? How could you, oppa.”

 

“You don’t know anything.” He retorted.

 

“I know you hurt Sungmin!” Victoria fast rebutted.

 

Siwon was silence. He looked away from his cousin, didn’t know what else to say. Victoria huffed furiously by his silence. It means that her negative thought is right after all.

 

“Sungmin is not like any other girl you dated, oppa. Remember that.” Victoria warned, “And if you ever hurt her, I promise I’ll never forgive you ever again.”

 

Victoria immediately left the office after that. She doesn’t think she’ll be okay to stay with Siwon’s action of silence. She already got enough answer by it.

 

Whereas Siwon, he was once again left alone with deep thought. His own cousin warned him about Sungmin, which means, Sungmin must be feeling hurt. He knew how secretive Sungmin is. So, when someone else knows about their problem, it means big. But, he…was already exhausted. Her mother’s nag and Sooyoung’s hindrance, everything totally makes him so tired with the relationship.

 

What’s happening to me? He asked. What’s happening to us, Sungmin?

 

 

 

TBC