I LOVE YOU TOO CHAPTER 43

I Love You Too

 

CHAPTER 43 - GOOD FRIEND

 

A man wearing a pair of black sunglasses stepped into the café, looking all classy and arrogance. Murmurs were immediately heard from the people inside the room upon noticing him.

 

“Hey, hey, isn’t that Choi Minho? The famous idol?” a school girl whispered to her friend and giggling.

 

Followed by other customers, mostly women, all were mesmerized by the handsomeness of the man. The model walked straight to the counter. It was Taemin who doing the counter work for the day. She stood still all frozen in deep shock. Minho takes off his sunglasses and flashed his killer smile.

 

“Good afternoon.” He greeted.

 

“Ah…ah…good afternoon.” Taemin stammered, “How…how may I help you sir?”

 

He laughed lightly. And every woman melted right away. He sounded so perfect to their eyes.

 

“I’m looking for the owner of this café. Is she available?” he asked.

 

“Owner? Ah, please wait for a while.” Taemin excused herself and swiftly went into the kitchen.

 

Minho waited and after a moment, Taemin came back with Ryeowook by her side.

 

“Yes? How may I help you?” Ryeowook politely asked, smiling to the man.

 

Minho gawked. A bit confused, actually.

 

“You’re the owner?”

 

“Yes, I am.” Replied Ryeowook after a nod.

 

“And…Lee Sungmin?” he suddenly said the name.

 

“Ah…you’re looking for Sungmin?”

 

“Yes. Yes. Isn’t she the owner of this café?”

 

Ryeowook giggled lightly, “Yes, she is the owner. But, I am the same. We are partners. Do you want to meet her?”

 

Minho nodded, “She isn’t around?” he asked again to ensure.

 

“Sungmin has another work actually. But, she will come. Maybe…in an hour or two. You can wait for her if you want.”

 

“Ah gladly.”

 

“You can order anything by the way. I’m afraid that she might take a while.”

 

“Oh, really? Then…” he scanned the menu in front of him, “I want ice Americano.”

 

“Right away, sir. I will prepare your order. Taemin, please help our guest to his seat.” She instructed and turned away to prepare the drink.

 

Taemin almost stumbled from her stand because of too nervous. Keeping her professionalism, she showed him to a table a bit far from the other people. She knew that a celebrity like the man must want to have privacy on his own.

 

“Here, please have a seat, sir. I will bring your order.”

 

“Thank you, little miss.” He gave her a big smile and Taemin swears that she is captivated, once again.

 

Quickly, she moved away from there before her nervousness started to show up. The man that she admired for all this time was actually right in front of her and all alive too! She is too happy to even express her feelings.

 

Right after an hour, Sungmin came inside the café. Ryeowook call for her and told her about the guest. Sungmin frowned by the information because she was sure that she didn’t make any appointment with anyone that day. Without asking further about the guest, she went to table where Minho seated at.

 

“Hey, Sungmin.”

 

Minho greeted her, waving lightly at Sungmin. Sungmin eyes grew big instantly.

 

“Minho?!” Sungmin called shockingly, she quickly faster her pace towards the man, “What are you doing here? Wait, I mean how did you come here? I thought that…”

 

“No one didn’t know you’re here?” Minho finished off Sungmin’s sentence, sends her to speechless state.

 

Minho smirked by the expected reaction from Sungmin. Grabbing the still gaping Sungmin, he pushed her to the seat in front of him.

 

“Oh, come on Sungminie. Don’t be so surprised. It’s not like you didn’t know me before.”

 

“What? What do you mean by that? Of course I am surprised. How did you know that I work here? And, what are you doing? Aren’t you afraid of your fame dropped by coming to this crappy café of mine?”

 

Minho laughed to hear the nagging from Sungmin. He can’t believe that Sungmin was still down to earth even after all the years. Also, he missed Sungmin’s voice too. He came looking for Sungmin on that weekend at the café. He knew from his best friend that there’s no other place where the girl might be except there. He wanted to know something and also to explain. But, as soon as his eyes met with Sungmin, he felt the pain. Sungmin’s usual greeting makes him even guiltier with the reason he went there. He kept his poker face intact and smiled at her.

 

Sungmin frowned deeper.

 

“What’s with the smirk?” annoyed, she asked.

 

“Hahaha...nothing. I’m just happy to meet you again. That’s all.” He reasoned.

 

Sungmin also followed to laugh, “Yeah right.”

 

“Hey, it’s true okay? I am happy. Ah, before I forget…” he trailed his words and rummaged for something inside his coat.

 

He took out something and put it on the table.

 

“For you.”

 

Sungmin was astounded.

 

“My Itachi!” she exclaimed aloud and took the said thing from the table, “Where did you found it?” she asked, didn’t control her feelings of happiness at all after seeing it.

 

“Somewhere around the campus. I was supposed to give it to you on our graduation day, but you were nowhere to be found. And on our dinner, you left early. So, it gives me no choice but to keep it for all these years.” Explained Minho to her.

 

Sungmin smiled widely, “Thank you so much for taking care of it. I wonder what’s in my Itachi. It’s been a long time.”

 

Minho laughed while watching Sungmin talking, “Seriously Ming, you’re the weirdest people of all time. Who in the world who gave a thumb drive a nickname and Naruto manga character on top of that?” he teased.

 

“Well, I didn’t hurt anyone. So, I didn’t care much about it.” She retorted back, still with a smile.

 

He responded back to her with the same smile. He’s glad that the thumb drive already met its owner. But then, his expression changed into a serious one.

 

“Hey Sungmin…do you know why am I here?”

 

He called for Sungmin’s attention.

 

“I’m actually here for my best friend.” He informed.

 

Sungmin’s breathe hitched. Without ask, the memories of what happened few days ago came through her like a strong wind. Minho’s best friend is not other than someone that she knew the most and none other than the man that once again hurt her. They fell into another silence. Both seem to contemplating something inside.

 

Minho looked at Sungmin’s eyes softly, “Kyuhyun said, he’s sorry. He didn’t mean to do whatever he did to you. He’s at fault but you know how much Kyuhyun care about you, Sungmin. I’m sure he never meant to hurt you.” He told the girl.

 

Sungmin sneered at Minho’s words.

 

“You’re his friend. Of course you would defend him.” She rebutted.

 

“No, Ming.” Minho shakes his head, “I’m speaking the truth.” He said and there’s a hint of seriousness in his voice.

 

“Kyuhyun might seems he’s faking it, but among all the people I know and in all these years knowing him, I know that he really do care about you.”

 

Sungmin looks at him, trying to search for honesty in his words.

 

“No, you’re just defending him.” Sungmin denied, still don’t want to believe in it.

 

“I heard it myself that he didn’t think me more than just a friend. He’s handsome, rich and has all the packages that every girl ever dreams of. For him, I’m nothing but just an average ugly girl who is no way at par with him. Or maybe even lower than that. That’s why he didn’t believe in me when I confessed. He laughs at me, you know?” Sungmin laughed bitterly when she remembers that memory, “He laughs at me, saying it’s impossible…” she repeated the sentence, averted from looking at Minho.

 

“And he proves it by lying to me over again.” She continued in pain.

 

Sungmin tried her best to restrain herself from crying there. It was after all a very painful memory for her.

 

Minho remains silent, staring at Sungmin sadly. He could clearly see Sungmin’s eyes glassed and how much the girl is holding it. He knew how much Sungmin is hurt by Kyuhyun’s stupid pride. And he also knows that none of them is at fault in that matter.

 

“You heard us talking, right?”

 

Minho guessed it right when Sungmin actually tense by the question. He let go a long sigh.

 

“And, tell me Sungmin, you didn’t hear everything he said until finish, right?” he asked for more.

 

Sungmin stares and frowned at him confusingly.

 

Minho looked at her with gentle eyes and gives her a sad smile, “Yes, he said that you’re just average and maybe not suitable for him but truthfully…”

 

FLASHBACK

 

“She’s really cute. A real cutie.” Kyuhyun said proudly, “Her stupid old-fashioned ponytail hair maybe not suitable for anyone else, but for her, it is just perfect. Her glasses, I have to admit very ugly but she said has reason why she wears it in the first place and I think it is acceptable. Even with the glasses, it didn’t hide her beautiful doe-eyes.  Furthermore, she has the best m-shaped lips that no one had.” Kyuhyun smiles as Sungmin’s face flashes inside his memoirs.

 

“And where is the average about her if she’s all that?” Minho who has been listening finally speaks up, asking for an explanation.

 

Kyuhyun turned to look at him and laughed.

 

“She is an average girl that didn’t have anything special to offer, not because she is nothing but because she herself is already so special. I have no right to love someone like her who’s a lot special than anyone else. She maybe not as popular as other girl, but isn’t it better this way? Sungmin is Sungmin and her being herself mean everything to me.” Kyuhyun proudly exclaimed.

 

FLASHBACK END

 

“He said that?” Sungmin asked again, disbelief.

 

Minho nodded his head faintly, “His eyes sparkle almost every time he speaks about you, Sungmin.”

 

Sungmin looked at him, listening.

 

“Kyuhyun really care about you, Ming. He’s only pretending to not in order to maintain his image. Being a proud man like him, he is not always kind. Probably that’s why he’s faking his feelings like that. But, I think you also realize he has done so much to protect your relationship. I know that he’s being sincere to you all along.” He added long.

 

“Does he really mean it?” Sungmin was still unsure even though Minho is enough proof to show the truth.

 

“Do you think it’s a lie then?” Minho gave the question right back to her.

 

Sungmin fells into silent. The story told by Minho just now is still feels so foreign to her. She never thinks that way about Kyuhyun before. For all these years, she has always thought Kyuhyun didn’t care anything about her. Now, everything she thought turns out to be just a misunderstanding. She makes a mistake. Kyuhyun’s action is not because they’re just best friend but…

 

I love you too! What’s the difference if I say it now or before?!

 

Sungmin closes her eyes tight. What Kyuhyun said few days ago was still fresh inside her mind. And it hurts her, slowly and painfully.

 

Minho didn’t say anything except just stay silent. He’s giving Sungmin times to fully accept the information. He pities the couple, honestly. In all the years he has been a friend to Kyuhyun and Sungmin, he saw how much they actually long for each other’s presence but pretended they are not. They love each other but chose to deny it instead.

 

Without saying a word, Sungmin slowly stands up from her seat.

 

“I need time, Minho. This is really too much.” She spoke up, after a long silent, “Please, leave me alone.” And Sungmin walks away from there.

 

Minho didn’t do anything. He didn’t even stop her. He just stares at her retreating figure which was slowly moving away from him.

 

“Unnie! I’ve got…eh?” Sungmin ignored Taemin calls and continue walking towards the kitchen.

 

Sensing something is not right by Sungmin’s sour look, Taemin quickly followed Sungmin. She sees that Sungmin is spacing out but her hands moves on its own. She takes out all the ingredients from the closet and starts doing some preparation, to make something, to make herself busy. All are to escape from the reality.

 

“Unnie, are you okay?” Taemin asked, but she didn’t get any answer.

 

“Unnie!” she called again, and touches Sungmin’s hand.

 

Sungmin tensed by the sudden touch. She looks ahead and meets up with Taemin’s worried eyes.

 

“Are you okay, unnie?” she asked again.

 

Sungmin stares at her and smiled thinly, “I’m fine, Tae.” She gave him a small nodding.

 

“But, your face is…”

 

“Don’t worry about me. I’m fine, okay?” she patted Taemin’s cheek gently, assures her, “Just go and do your work.” She gestures her to the door, smiling her best smile.

 

It’s fakes. Taemin speaks to her mind. Unnie wears her mask again.

 

“Go.” Sungmin said again, slightly pushed the latter.

 

Taemin looked at her in worry and gradually she moves out from the kitchen. She glances back at Sungmin and notices the sadness shown on her face.

 

This is must be because of that man. Taemin faster her pace outside and went straight to Minho who was already exited the café door.

 

“Yah, what did you just do to my unnie?” she boomed him with question directly.

 

“I didn’t do anything.” He retorted innocently.

 

“You! Don’t feint that innocent face! I know you must have hurt Minnie unnie. She’s been in bad mood already in these past days, why must you add the pain even more?” She nagged at him, ignoring the amusement look given by Minho.

 

“Look, I…”

 

“Admit it idol! You hurt my unnie!” She pointed her finger at him, annoyed.

 

Minho chuckled, couldn’t hold it any longer seeing the face Taemin gave him.

 

“What? What’s so funny about?” Taemin asked irritated.

 

Minho ruffled Taemin’s hair, making her angrier.

 

“Let go of me! Just answer my question you…!!” her words stopped abruptly.

 

Minho was standing so close to her and his face is absolutely right in front of her. She can even feel the man’s breathing which is only just an inch from her face. Minho smirked seeing the blush on her, totally enjoyed teasing the girl. He moved away from her after some time and patted her head, treating her like a kid.

 

“I didn’t hurt her, don’t worry.” He assured, “But, she really needs everyone’s support by now. Please be with her.” he said, and leaves the still in daze Taemin by the road.

 

Taemin stared. Long and confused. Her face already clouded in red. Her hand slowly touches the place where the man patted her just now. She blushed even more.

 

“Stupid idol.” She scolded, already fall in deeper in love with him.

 

 

 

###################################################

 

 

 

“How’s she?” Kyuhyun asked worriedly as soon as Minho takes a seat in front of him.

 

Minho looked at him and sighed.

 

“She said she’s okay.” He replied, to which not satisfy Kyuhyun at all.

 

“She’s not at all okay.” Kyuhyun corrected sadly.

 

The guilt once again overwhelmed him.

 

“Why did you do that, Kyuhyun? Why did you let your anger consume her?”

 

Kyuhyun shakes his head, “I don’t know, Minho. I don’t know what has got into me. I never thought that Sungmin will be so scared like that. I thought that…I thought that…she…” Kyuhyun couldn’t finish his sentence as the sadness conquer his feelings completely.

 

Everything that happened on that day was still piercing at the back of his mind, nailed there permanently. His stupid anger has both destroyed the relationship and feels the girl had. Most importantly, it oppressed something that shouldn’t be done, Sungmin’s fear.

 

FLASHBACK

 

Kyuhyun opened the door to see and get into face with a slight panting pregnant Ryeowook.

 

“What happened?” Ryeowook asked.

 

Kyuhyun didn’t answer but to just let the girl walked inside. The solemn face on Kyuhyun’s really gave butterflies to Ryeowook. She straightaway take a big steps and dashed into Sungmin’s room, despite being pregnant and all. As soon as she came into Sungmin, her eyes widened.

 

Sungmin was already sleeping on the bed. But, the reason why she’s shock is because she can clearly see some traces of Sungmin’s past on her body. She turned to Kyuhyun in high speed and slapped him on the face. Hard. Kyuhyun didn’t even fight back but stood still, accepting and admitting to the fault.

 

“What did you do to her?” she controlled her voice though it filled with anger.

 

“I’m…”

 

“You touch her, right? You force something on her, right?!” She accused, which is the truth.

 

Kyuhyun looked down onto the floor, didn’t dare to make an eye contact with Ryeowook. She growled at him and turned away.

 

“Leave. Don’t ever try to appear yourself in front of Sungmin again. At least…not for the moment.” She ordered, sad and hurtful.

 

Kyuhyun stayed silence but he still didn’t bulge away from there. Ryeowook ignore Kyuhyun’s presence there and treating Sungmin instead. She adjusted Sungmin’s blanket and wet the cloth before she puts it back on Sungmin’s forehead. Sungmin’s body feels warm, maybe having a slight fever. She even groaned a little when it touched her. Ryeowook’s eyes glistening with tears seeing it. Kyuhyun on the other hand, stayed and watched her in every movement.

 

“What…had happened to Sungmin before, Ryeowook?” he gathered all his courage to ask, “What are…those scars for?”

 

Ryeowook’s hand stopped from treating Sungmin.

 

“It was old scars.” Ryeowook spoke.

 

Kyuhyun’s attention focused on her.

 

“Something happened to Sungmin when she’s small. It was already years passed and the scars healed, but unexpectedly, whenever she sensed some danger and fear, the scars will appear on its own. We didn’t know how and why it happened. Even the doctors were confused. It just stayed there, like some sort of reminder for us.”

 

“Of what?”

 

Ryeowook’s eyes slowly watered by tear. She wipes it away before it fall and heave a sigh.

 

“Of Sungmin’s eyes.”

 

Kyuhyun tensed by the answer. He instantly recalled of Sungmin’s blue eyes.

 

“I don’t think I need to explain further to you about that, right? You have known the reason behind the difference of Sungmin’s eyes and the fearful that she kept for all these time. It hurts her and it hurts us too as her loved ones because we couldn’t do anything to help her.” She expressed her feelings, honestly.

 

Kyuhyun closed his eyes tight. The scene that happened to them once again flashed inside his mind. Guilty was an understatement. What he did was unforgiveable.

 

But still, “I’m sorry.” He apologized, really regretted his actions.

 

“It’s enough for today, Kyuhyun.” Ryeowook stopped listening anymore, “Go home. And please…don’t come near Sungmin anymore.” She demanded but sounded more like pleading.

 

Kyuhyun took a last glance at Sungmin before he slowly retreated away from the house, carrying the guilt all alone.

 

FLASHBACK END

 

Kyuhyun rubbed his face with his hand to stop the tear from falling. To recall back everything that happened gives him more sorrow than before. Minho was still there, watching his best friend. He felt sorry for him but he also realized, only Kyuhyun knew what should be done to fix the mess he made.

 

 

 

###################################################

 

 

 

Sungmin on the other hand, upon reaching her home, she turns on her computer and put in the thumb drive she got from Minho that same afternoon. There’s nothing much change from the last time she lost it. And the condition of the thumb drive was seems untouched. She clicked open one folder. Images of all her college life appeared on the screen. Among of all the pictures, one image attracts her attention the most. She double clicks it and it enlarged. It was a picture of her and Kyuhyun. She remembered that moment clearly in the back of her mind.

 

FLASHBACK

 

“Let’s take a picture, Ming.” Kyuhyun appeared suddenly and took her phone.

 

“EH? What? Kyu!” Sungmin protested, “Give back my phone!” she ordered, jumping few times in reaching out for her phone from Kyuhyun’s hold.

 

But, Kyuhyun purposely tiptoed to make himself taller so that Sungmin couldn’t reach her. His laughing face totally showed that he’s having fun in teasing Sungmin.

 

“Kyuhyun!” Sungmin complained angrily.

 

“Hahaha…chills out, Ming.” Still teasing, Kyuhyun pulled Sungmin towards him by her shoulder and ‘click’, he took a picture of them together.

 

Sungmin blinked. Too stunned by the flash of her own camera, she stood still blankly. She wakes up abruptly from the sound of Kyuhyun laughing. Gritting her teeth together, she hits Kyuhyun.

 

“Cho Kyuhyun!” Sungmin marched forward and attacked Kyuhyun.

 

They fought like a kid over such trivial matter. But of course, Sungmin couldn’t win against Kyuhyun’s man strength.

 

FLASHBACK END

 

A bitter smile formed on Sungmin’s after she finished recalling the memories she once had with Kyuhyun. It was the time before she makes her confession to the man. They were happy back then. Not caring about each other feeling and just be best friend to him, she was happy. But now, everything has changed.

 

I love you too! Are you going to accept me now?!

 

Sungmin closed her eyes, controlling the tears from spilling. It hurts her heart.

 

Please Sungmin. Let’s be together. Please.

 

A drop of tear falls still.

 

Please forgive Kyuhyun, Sungmin.

 

And Sungmin cried. Curling up into a ball, hugging herself tight, Sungmin cried again that night. It tires her so much with everything that happened. She prayed hard for the pain to stop and leave her alone. She hated herself and the feelings she felt. She hated it so much. She hated the fact that she also loves Kyuhyun.

 

Why now?

 

She asked to no one but herself.

 

 

 

###################################################

 

 

 

Kyuhyun never come to the office anymore ever since that day. Sungmin also, didn’t ask anything about him. She wanted to know but, something stopped her from knowing. Also, she was glad that Kyuhyun decided to avoid her. She herself unsure what kind of reaction she should give if they ever to meet with each other again.

 

But, it’s a lie to say she didn’t miss the man. Usually, Kyuhyun is the one who and make her smile whenever she feels sad. But now, since Kyuhyun himself the source of her sadness, she couldn’t ask much about it. Tired by the problems, she devoted herself to her works instead. Kangin, as the president notice the sadness. He wants to ask, but after knowing some truth about behind the story from Kyuhyun, he thought it’s better to not ask after all. After some time of thinking, he make a decision to get some helper instead.

 

“A penny for your thought?”

 

Sungmin jumped from her seat by the sudden greet. In flash she turned and astounded. She was sure startled upon seeing the owner of the voice.

 

“Oppa?!” she called.

 

The said person grinned at her, making a ‘v’ pose. He moved closer to the still daze Sungmin and petted her head softly.

 

“Long time no see, baby girl.” He teased.

 

Sungmin gaped. In a very slow motion, a smile spread on her lips.

 

“Jun oppa!!” Sungmin hugged the man happily.

 

“Ooohh…” The man almost falls backward by the strong hug.

 

He laughed while patting Sungmin back few times.

 

“Hahaha…I miss you too, Sungminie.”

 

“How come you’re here? Aren’t you supposed to finish your job in Sydney?”

 

Junsu chuckled with his hand still patting Sungmin’s head, “I’ve finished my project there. And now, I’m back to help you as Mr Kim’s PA.” he informed.

 

Sungmin grinned wider.

 

“Are you happy that I’m back?”

 

Sungmin nodded eagerly. Of course she is happy. Junsu is one her best oppas that she knew in the company. He is the original PA of Kangin’s before he was transferred to Sydney, Australia to monitor a project there. Because of that, Sungmin was promoted to be the temporary PA of Kangin in replace for him. Sungmin has really fond with him ever since she knew the man. He’s a gorgeous and a kind young man.

 

“Then, you should have called me home sooner.” He sulked, suddenly, “It’s so sad to spend your time alone in Sydney you know. You don’t even come to visit me once.” He nagged.

 

“Sorry…” Sungmin apologized with a pout cutely, “I’ve been very busy too.”

 

Junsu smirked evilly after Sungmin said it. “Busy with your boyfriend?” he teased.

 

Sungmin’s expression instantly fell. Her eyes lowered to the floor, hiding the unseen tears.

 

“There are a lot of things…” she mumbled under her breathe.

 

Junsu smiled sadly. Actually, even without asking, he knew the reason behind Sungmin’s gloominess. He came back for that reason and he is the so-called helper requested by Kangin. He moved closer to Sungmin and puts his hand on top of her head. Sungmin turned her head looking at him.

 

“It’s okay. I am here now.” He assured her.

 

And Sungmin smiled. A small but sincere gesture from him is all that it takes to calm Sungmin’s heart even just a bit.

 

 

 

###################################################

 

 

 

“Mr Choi.” Siwon turned right away by the call and surprised to see Lee Minjung, walking towards him.

 

“Fancy meeting you here. Coming for a lunch?” she questioned.

 

Siwon smiled at him, “Yes. It’s just near the office. Though lunch already passed hours ago, I thought I should fill my stomach with something.” He replied back, “How about you, Minjung-ssi?”

 

“I just was passing by to take my drink.”

 

“Already? I can pay for you if you want?” he volunteered.

 

“Ah no, thank you. But I take the offer for next time.” She declined politely, more to flirting, “Oh yes, I heard about your cruise trip with Sungmin? How about it? Did you have fun?”

 

Siwon chuckled, “It was fun.” He said simply, didn’t actually want to talk much about what happened and Minjung noticed it.

 

“What’s wrong? Did something happen between you and Sungmin?” she continued asking.

 

Siwon coughed, scratching the back of his nape awkwardly, “Don’t worry, Minjung-ssi it’s nothing.” He tried to stop the topic.

 

“Oh, come on.” The woman patted on Siwon’s shoulder, “You can always share anything to me. I am Sungmin’s mother you know?” she said.

 

Sungmin’s mother? Siwon repeated the title. She is Sungmin’s mother. Perhaps she knew a bit about Sungmin.

 

“Do you have some time to spare with me, Minjung-ssi?” he asked.

 

“Eh? Yes, I do. Why?”

 

Siwon grinned. He offered for a coffee break with the actress, reasoning him wanting to talk. He feels the need of asking something from the woman. He told her a bit about what happened to him and Sungmin at the cruise. And Minjung listened tentatively. After he finished, the woman give a smile to him.

 

“Is it true?” he wanting to make sure.

 

Minjung nodded, “Yes, it’s true. Sungmin is borne from my affair, before my marriage.”

 

Siwon’s expression stiffened.

 

“But,” she added before anything, “It is not anyone fault. Not mine also.” She claimed, calmly.

 

“Eh?”

 

She smiled, “I got pregnant at a very young age, Siwon. Sungmin’s father, her father now, Lee Hyukjae proposed to me when he found out. He said, he wants to be responsible to my baby and we got married. I never forced him anything. And yet, everything change when Sungmin is born.” Her face saddened after she said it, “He accuse me of a secret affair and many other things. Every day, we fought every day and it must have hurt Sungmin too. So, we decided to separate. We thought it was the best for our family.” She ended her story.

 

Siwon listened to the story with a deep thought.

 

“Don’t blame Sungmin in this matter, Siwon. She must have her own reason to lie.” She suddenly said, sort of understood what Siwon is thinking.

 

But she lied to me. Siwon repeated to himself only.

 

“Understand her. She might have flaw here and there but don’t quickly judge her. Even when you notice she has lots of men as friends, please understand her.”

 

Siwon frowned. He didn’t know why but he felt something is not right in Minjung’s statement.

 

“Men? Friends?” he repeated the words.

 

“Yes. You must have notice it. Sungmin doesn’t social much with girls. I think she once told me girls tend to bully her much. Her only friends are only from her childhood and somewhere around that. Well, men tends to fall over her charms, can’t help it right?” she joked.

 

But the expression on Siwon doesn’t show that it is a joke at all. He obviously didn’t like it. He ended the conversation quickly and went back to work. Still, even after that, all he could think of is Sungmin. He recalled back all the time when he and Sungmin together, the people around her and what Minjung told him.

 

Yesung, Kangin, Kyuhyun…

 

He started counting every name he could remember being around Sungmin and close to her.

 

And Junsu.

 

He ended the count with Junsu’s name. He just meets with the man that same afternoon when he came to fetch Sungmin at the office. Sungmin introduced him as Kangin’s real PA, or whatever position he got, but, Siwon saw there’s closeness between them. And it’s a man.

 

Putting all the puzzle pieces together, he does sense there’s something going on with Sungmin and the men surrounding her. It crazes him even more. It’s enough that he’s already jealous much with Kyuhyun and the others, and now…more men? He hated it, so much.

 

“Siwon.”

 

Siwon jumped by the call.

 

“Noona.” He called, “Not asleep yet?” asked him to the other.

 

Jiwon shakes her head, “I’m doing something. What are about you? Why aren’t you sleeping? It’s morning already.” She reprimanded, pointing to the clock which shown 1 a.m.

 

“Ah…” he trailed, averted his eyes, “I was just thinking about something.”

 

“Something?” Jiwon frowned at his answer, “Anyway, forget about that. Have you told Sungmin about Jimin’s birthday?” she changed the topic.

 

The latter nodded.

 

“She already promised to make a special birthday cake for Jimin.” He informed.

 

“Really? That’s great then. I’m sure Jimin will be happy when she knows it.”

 

Siwon nodded, agreed absentmindedly.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“Eh? What?” he asked back the question to her sister.

 

“Is there something wrong with you and Sungmin?” Jiwon asked for more.

 

A sigh escaped from Siwon, “It’s nothing, noona.” He assured her.

 

Jiwon stares at her brother strangely. He did notice Siwon been spacing out a lot in the last few days.

 

“If you have a problem, you know I will always be there to listen right?”

 

Siwon smiled thinly at her. He nodded.

 

“Thanks noona, but seriously I am fine.”

 

“Good.” She patted his back and suddenly she remembered something, “Did you already tell umma about Sungmin?”

 

Siwon tensed immediately by the question. Slowly, he shakes his head, denied with a deep frown.

 

“Not yet.”

 

“Not yet?” Jiwon repeated, showing a shock expression, “What do you mean not yet, Siwon? It’s been months since you and Sungmin together, and you still didn’t introduce her to umma yet. What if she objects? You know how umma is right? She already has chosen someone for you. If you still didn’t tell her, umma might…”

 

“Noona please!” Siwon raised his hand up, stopped her nagging, “I’m stress over it enough. No need to put more salt on it.” he scolded.

 

“But…”

 

“I’ll settle this on my own, okay?” and he left without giving her any space to say anything else.

 

Jiwon sighed. She really worried if what Siwon said is true. Their mother, she will be another problem in their life later, she can be sure of it.

 

 

 

###################################################

 

 

 

On the next weekend, Siwon and Sungmin went for a mall date to buy a present for Jimin as promised, together. Since the time Sungmin helped the girl baking cake, she has become an important role in her. That’s why Sungmin herself is also very fond of the girl so much and she wants to buy the best present for her, apart from baking just cake.

 

“What do you think of this one?” Sungmin showed Siwon two type of dresses for him to choose.

 

Siwon hummed, thinking with one hand on his chin.

 

“That one is better.” He pointed to the blue dress, “Jimin likes blue.” He explained.

 

“Blue? Not pink? Are you sure about that?” Siwon nodded approvingly even with the confused look given by Sungmin.

 

“She has weird taste as a girl, trust me.” he strengthened.

 

Sungmin laughed softly by the comment.

 

“She’s still you favorite niece, right?”

 

“Well, of course.” Siwon exclaimed proudly, making Sungmin laughed even more.

 

Sungmin turned her attention back to the dresses to choose another design.

 

“Baby.” Sungmin turned by the call and a grinning Siwon welcomed her.

 

She stares at her boyfriend confusingly.

 

“Try this one.” Siwon hands in a short one-piece dress to Sungmin.

 

“A dress? But oppa, we’re buying for Jimin, not me.” Sungmin reclined.

 

“I know but this will look good on you, trust me.” he grinned, insisted that Sungmin tried it.

 

Sungmin giggled and take the dress from Siwon’s hand. She patted Siwon’s cheek playfully before went into the fitting room to try it on. Siwon waited patiently outside. He can’t wait to see how Sungmin would look like in the dress he chooses. Sungmin is already a natural beauty, thus the mini dress will surely perfect for her. He scans for more dresses.

 

“Oppa!” out of sudden a hand came and hugged his arms tight.

 

He turned in an instant and surprised to see the owner of it.

 

“Sooyoung?!”

 

He called for the name.

 

“Hi oppa.” The woman greeted seductively and kissed Siwon on the cheek.

 

Siwon jumped and quickly detached himself away from the girl but, she was so persistent and holds him even tighter.

 

“Let go of me, Sooyoung.” He ordered but she just grinned.

 

“What are you doing here, oppa? Meeting me?” She winked, flirting and touching Siwon on purpose.

 

Siwon heaved out a sigh, “I’m on a date, Sooyoung. That’s why. Can you please let go of my hand.” He changed his words.

 

“No!” Sooyoung protested and hold him even more, “Date with who?” she questioned in confused, a bit angry to hear that.

 

“Op…pa?”

 

They turned in sync by the call and sees Sungmin standing in front of them. Confused was all written on her face to see the scene.

 

Siwon smirked, “With her.” he said and pushed Sooyoung’s hand away.

 

He went to Sungmin and hugged her by the waist.

 

“What? Who is this ?”

 

“Sooyoung! Mind your manner!” Siwon warned her, raising his voice, “She’s my girlfriend.” Siwon exclaimed.

 

“WHAT?” Sooyoung yelled, shocking everyone, “What do you mean girlfriend?! Since when?!”

 

“Don’t make a scene here, Sooyoung.”

 

“What do you mean making a scene?! You can’t do this to me oppa! You can’t have a girlfriend! What about our engagement?!” she yelled, already taking attention from the other people.

 

Sungmin’s eyes widened to hear that. She looked at Siwon and the woman back forth in deep astonishment.

 

“Shut up Sooyoung! It’s not like what you think.”

 

“What do you mean?! You can’t do this to me!” she yelled louder.

 

“Sooyoung!” Siwon raised his voice in anger.

 

He pulled his hands out and was about to hurt Sooyoung when suddenly another hand stopped him. Sungmin.

 

“Oppa! Don’t!” Sungmin stopped him before it gets worse.

 

“You! Don’t in!” Sooyoung marched forward and pushed Sungmin harshly.

 

“Ahh!!” Sungmin falls hard on the floor after losing her balance.

 

Siwon didn’t get the chance to react to anything when Sooyoung continued and hits Sungmin with her handbag. Sungmin defended herself and covered it using her hands though it still hurts.

 

“You ! I will never give Siwon oppa to you! He’s mine, ! Mine only!” she claimed shamelessly.

 

“SOOYOUNG ENOUGH!” The mall echoed with Siwon’s loud voice.

 

Sooyoung and even Sungmin jerked of shock by the anger.

 

“Enough.” He gave her a death stare.

 

“Oppa…”

 

“Come Sungmin.” Siwon pulled Sungmin’s hand and left the scene.

 

They still hear Sooyoung’s voice calling in temper, or maybe crying already but Siwon ignore it. He continued pulling Sungmin’s hand and holds it tight. Sungmin feels a bit pain but she holds it in. she didn’t want Siwon to be angrier than he is supposed to be. What has happened minutes ago already gave her a hell of shock. She knew by then, her date for the day already ruined.

 

Siwon drove away from the parking lot in silence. Sungmin saw frown on his face and maybe even veins coming out. Probably due to the anger of what has just happened.

 

“Why?” Siwon break the silence.

 

“Eh?”

 

“Why didn’t you fight back!?” Siwon yelled loudly, making Sungmin jumped from her seat, “Are you really my girlfriend Sungmin? Why didn’t you just talk back to her if you are really my girlfriend?!”

 

Sungmin’s hand trembles. Her eyes already watered by the tears she holds inside.

 

“Why didn’t you just defend yourself when she attack you?!”

 

“Ah, I’m…”

 

“Don’t you feel any bit jealous in me?! Don’t you actually feel anything when you see someone else claiming me like that?! Don’t you have any feeling?!” he bashed her like a bullet.

 

“I…I’m sorry...” Sungmin apologized to nothing that was her fault.

 

Siwon groaned in dissatisfaction. He pushed the pedal and drove away in high speed. Sungmin’s heart totally sank by the anger. She has never seen that side of Siwon before and it scares the hell out of her. Moreover, she didn’t understand why Siwon got angry at her whereas it was her who got attacked in the first place.

 

 

 

TBC