I LOVE YOU TOO CHAPTER 31

I Love You Too

CHAPTER 31

 

Choi Corporation

 

Sungmin waits patiently in one room. She had a time off from Kangin after a very busy week in the past week. So, she decided to pay a visit to her boyfriend at the office. Siwon was very busy with his work, going back and forth doing business plus the photo shoot for the company’s newest advertisement. She missed him, so, it doesn’t hurt much to pay a visit. She scrolls down her phone, reading some news from the web to kill her boredom while waiting.

 

Few minutes after that, the door creaked open to appear Siwon grinning happily at her.  

 

“Sorry baby.” He rushed to her side and pecks her on the cheek lovely.

 

Sungmin laughed softly by the affectionate.

 

“I miss you too, oppa.” She said, teasing the man.

 

“Have you finished you work? Free now?”

 

Siwon nodded obediently.

 

“Let’s do anything that you like today? A movie? Or anything that you want. I’ll agree to everything.” He suggested.

 

“I’m fine anywhere as long as it’s with you, oppa.” She said.

 

Siwon laughed, “Talk about some cheesiness.” He mocked pinching Sungmin’s chubby cheek.

 

“Well, I learn from the best.” Sungmin retorted back grinning at him.

 

They walked together in hands leaving the place. Sungmin asked about the work Siwon’s doing and of course the boyfriend gladly informed her with all the information. He felt special in knowing that Sungmin wanting to know more about his life.

 

But, as they walked in the hall together, Sungmin stiffened suddenly upon noticing a figure walking in front of them.

 

Mama!

 

Her steps abruptly stop. Siwon by her side also stopped, a bit surprised.

 

“Sungminie? What’s wrong?” he asked his girlfriend confusingly.

 

“Ah, I’m…”

 

“Sungmin.”

 

Sungmin’s hand fast gripped on Siwon’s sleeves out of sudden by the call. Siwon turned up from looking and saw a woman walking towards them. Siwon watches closely and easily recognized that person as the female actress, Lee Minjung because she is also the person involved in modeling for the Choi Corporation.

 

“What are you doing here?” She asked Sungmin, looking a bit irritated by the sudden meeting.

 

“I’m…I’m with my…boyfriend.” Sungmin replied to her shuttering and her holds on Siwon’s arms tighten.

 

Siwon notices the changes and frown by the reaction from her.

 

“Boyfriend?” Minjung repeated the word and turn to Sungmin’s side, scanning Siwon from head to toe, “Your name?” she asked him, still with a frown.

 

“Me? I’m…Choi…Choi Siwon, Miss.”

 

“Choi Siwon? As in Choi?” Minjung’s face abruptly changed when the name is said, “You are not possibly the heir of Choi Corporation, right? One of the biggest corporation and conglomerate company in Korea?”

 

“Err…well…I am my father’s only son. So, I guess I am the only heir.” He replied.

 

“Omo! Really?!” she suddenly beamed happily to know the fact, “I have been dying to meet the heir of Choi Corporation. Your company has helped me a lot in my modeling career. I am very thankful so much.” Minjung shakes hand with Siwon excitedly, and almost ignore Sungmin’s presence there.

 

Siwon smiles at her sincerely, “No, Minjung-ssi. It was us who are actually very honored to have work with you.” He said.

 

“Oh, you recognized me?” she feints a surprised face.

 

Siwon laughs by the joke, “Of course I recognize you, Minjung-ssi. You are our country’s best actress. Furthermore, you have given a lot for Choi Corporation. I’m sorry that I didn’t greet you earlier to pay my respect.” He apologized humbly.

 

“Oh, not at all. I should be grateful to finally be able to meet you. It’s really a pleasure.” She told the latter.

 

Siwon grinned widely, “Thank you Minjung-ssi. You are really as humble as what other people said.” He unconsciously praised her.

 

“Really?” Minjung chuckled seductively, “I take that compliment dearly then.”

 

Siwon laughs together with her.

 

“Ah, you call my girlfriend by her name just now. Do you…possibly know each other?” He finally asked the question that has been raising his curiosity.

 

“Oh, about that. Sungmin didn’t tell you anything?” she turned to look at Sungmin.

 

“Ah, no.” Sungmin out of reflex flinch by the attention, “I’m…I’m sorry.” she apologized, still didn’t take her gaze away from the floor.

 

“Silly child, don’t apologize.” Minjung pats Sungmin’s head softly in which the girl closes her eyes tight, quite a different reaction from her usual self.

 

“It is nothing your fault at all.” She told Sungmin, looking very gentle while Siwon on the other hand, waits for Minjung to continue.

 

Minjung smiles for the last time at Sungmin and looks at Siwon, “I hope you will not blame Sungmin after knowing this.”

 

Siwon frown confusingly with that statement.

 

“This is a secret that not many people know. And it is also because I don’t want many people to know about it. But, truthfully, I am Sungmin’s birthmother.” Siwon’s eyes automatically grew big by the sudden information.

 

He looks at Sungmin and Minjung, disbelief.

 

“Birth…mother? What do you mean by that?” he asked, for explanation.

 

Minjung smiles at him instead of answering, “It’s better if you heard about me from my daughter. I’m sure she’ll be able to explain better than I am.”

 

Sungmin stares at her, didn’t know how to say anything else in that matter.

 

“Mama has more work to do now. You tell him, okay dear?” she caressed Sungmin’s left cheek gently and gives her a hug.

 

“You got a ‘big catch’ Sungmin. I’m sure you know what to tell him.” she whispered to Sungmin’s ear, sneering at her only, “Don’t embarrass me.” Sungmin’s body shivered by the threat but she tried to hold it in and keep her composure, hiding from Siwon.

 

Minjung moves away from the hug and still smiling at them.

 

“Call me anytime, dear.” Her acts changed into sweet again.

 

“Yes…yes…” Sungmin shuttered.

 

“You too, Siwon-ssi. I hope we can meet with each other again.”

 

“Oh yes, sure Minjung-ssi.” They shook hand again excusing each other, “Bye.” Minjung waved and leaves the couple alone.

 

As soon as Minjung leaves, Sungmin breathes out heavily. She didn’t even realize that she has been holding it ever since the mother hugged her. She holds Siwon’s shirt tight, her body is still trembling.

 

“Sungmin, are you okay?” Siwon asked his girlfriend worriedly especially with the fact that Sungmin’s face turned white completely.

 

“I’m…I’m fine.” She replied him.

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Y…yes.” she nodded faintly.

 

“But…”

 

“Oppa, can…you send...me home today? I…I don’t…feel so well.” She suddenly requested.

 

Siwon stares at her, still worry. He nods, agreeing.

 

“Come. You better rest, okay?” Siwon holds her hand and together they walked away leaving the place.

 

Sungmin becomes mute after that. She didn’t speak much and only answers Siwon with short and simple answer. The boyfriend feels weird with Sungmin’s behavior but he decided to wait for her to speak it herself. He didn’t want to force her anything. But, to speak the truth, he did shock by Sungmin’s new secret. He never thought that Sungmin is actually the daughter of a celebrity and it’s Lee Minjung on top of that. It really makes him wonder by the reason why Sungmin hid it before.

 

“Oppa…” Sungmin called softly as soon Siwon’s car parked.

 

Siwon’s was all ears on her.

 

Smiling thinly at the man, “Wanna come in for coffee?” she invites.

 

Siwon gaped. Blankly he nodded his head and followed Sungmin inside the house. Sungmin feels guilty with her sudden change of attitude. She wanted to make amend in at least making his boyfriend happy even though she is still quite in shock by the meeting just now.

 

Sungmin have him over at the living room while she prepared for the coffees. Siwon study Sungmin’s house clearly. There are not much furniture and things inside the house. There’s a TV, normal for a single person. And there’s also a few pictures hanging on the wallpaper. Most it consists of Sungmin’s close people including Ryeowook and he didn’t question why Yesung is there anymore. He notices a cupboard full of books.

 

Sungmin loves to read? He guessed mentally.

 

It was actually his first time being invited and stayed in Sungmin’s house alone like that. He’s nervous but at the same time, very happy for the invitation. He tried his best to control his expression as to not show much excitement. He knew Sungmin still seems depressed without a reason just now. He didn’t want to hurt his girlfriend’s feelings. So, he waits patiently.

 

Sungmin came minutes later with two mugs of coffees. She carefully put a mug on the table in front of Siwon and another one for herself to drink.

 

“Have a drink, oppa.”

 

“Thank you.” Siwon thanked.

 

They fell into silence.

 

“Oppa…aren’t you going to ask…anything?” Sungmin asked, more to mumbles the question though.

 

Siwon looks at her. He noticed some sadness on Sungmin’s face. Slowly, he moved closer to her and cupped her cheeks gently.

 

“I will not force you to tell if it hurts you, Sungminie. You know I love you so much, right? You can tell me anything. I promise I will try to accept.”

 

Sungmin feels touched by the words.

 

“Just…tell me. What make you so sad like this?” he brushed her hairs gently.

 

Sungmin closed her eyes.  A sincere smile finally appears on her. She shakes her head slowly.

 

“I’m not sad. It’s just tiredness.”

 

“Then…should I kiss you to heal your weariness away?” he teased, grinning evilly at her.

 

Sungmin laughed. Her heart tickled by the naughtiness from Siwon like that. All her sadness and sudden mood swing after meeting the mother disappear just like that. Soon after, since they already skip the lunch scheduled, Sungmin proposed that she’ll cook for both of them. Siwon practically jumped just to hear the suggestion. He has always thought of seeing his girlfriend in apron and cooking their food. It was really a dream came true for him.  

 

“So…since your mood is better now…can I ask some questions?” Siwon hesitantly asked while waiting like a kid at the kitchen counter.

 

Sungmin smiled, already guessing Siwon’s curiosity. She nodded. Siwon showed her his lopsided grin.

 

“The actress that we met, Lee Minjung…is she really your birthmother?” he started which the latter nodded approvingly, “But…how?”

 

Sungmin sighed faintly. He has the right to know. He’s my lover now. She reminded herself inside.

 

“Appa and mama married each other when they were still teenagers. Mama was pregnant of me at that time. She still didn’t enter the celebrity world just then. But, due to some incident, mama and appa divorced with each other. I was still a small kid so, I didn’t understand much. It was then that mama joined a company and became a celebrity that she is now.” Sungmin explained long.

 

“No one know exactly about your existence then?”

 

Sungmin shakes her head.

 

“Not completely everyone. My family and some of my close friends knew about it. Her managers also knew about me.” She informed, not looking at Siwon.

 

Siwon fell into silent thinking about the news.

 

“But why you never talk about her before?”

 

“We…didn’t keep in touch with each other so much. Usually, if there is anything, it’s her manager who will inform me about her.”

 

“Eh? You don’t have her phone number?” Siwon continued on asking.

 

“Ah, no. It’s not like what you think.” Sungmin quickly denied, “Mama is a popular actress and I know how busy she is. I don’t want to bother her with my attic. Plus, I think it’s better if no one found out about me. For her reputation, you know?” she reasoned.

 

Appa forbid me to contact her too. Sungmin kept the remaining and real reason inside.

 

She isn’t exactly ready yet to talk much about her family to anyone. Even if he’s her boyfriend, her heart is still closed for the moment.

 

“Are you surprise oppa?” she asked in flat voice after she got a silence from Siwon.

 

Siwon smiled assuring at her, “I am surprised. But, it must be hard on you right? Being the daughter of a famous people like her.” he said, comforted the girl.

 

Sungmin smiled, inwardly.

 

“Maybe. But, since no one else knew about it, I have been living a comfortable life. So, I guess there’s nothing I should be worry about.” She shrugged cutely.

 

Siwon nodded and slowly get up to Sungmin’s side.

 

“Shall I help you?” he suggested seductively.

 

Sungmin laughed and slightly pushed Siwon’s away from her, “No oppa. You’ll slow me down just like in the café.”

 

“Oh come on…let me.” He whined cutely.

 

In the end, they spend time together cooking and eating lunch, having the time of their life. Sungmin was really happy that Siwon is willing to accept her story. Honestly, there are still some secrets that she kept. But, for that moment, it is best to just stay silent.

 

After a happy lunch with each other, Siwon finally excused himself to leave. He got a call from his father that’s why. If he didn’t, for sure, he will spend more time at Sungmin’s house.

 

“See you this weekend oppa…” Sungmin said, waiting for Siwon to finish wearing his shoes.

 

Siwon nodded, “I’ll text you again tonight.” He replied.

 

He waved and say goodbye to her girlfriend. Just after two steps away from Sungmin’s door, he heard a call from her.

 

“Ah oppa.”

 

Siwon turned by the call.

 

Chup!

 

A moist lip touched his cheeks. Sungmin blushed in red after her action and quickly hid behind the door.

 

“Thank you…for understanding my family.” She spoke softly and closed the door.

 

Siwon mouth hangs open. His time seems to freeze just like that. His hand slowly touches the cheek where Sungmin kissed just now. A grin appeared.

 

“YES!” he cheered loudly.

 

Indeed his luck is on his side that day. That was the first kiss ever that Sungmin ever initiated to him. Only on the cheeks but better there is than none at all. He skipped happily back home while holding his cheek, totally and extremely satisfied.

 

Sungmin on the other hand, blushed madly by the door. She still can’t believe herself that he’s willing to do something like that. May be love has really started to bloom in her heart. And that love has given her courage to be brave in expressing herself. Just as she about to leave, the door bell rings unexpectedly.

 

Did oppa leave something?

 

She questioned mentally while opening the door. Two figures stand in front of her, grinning with a wicked smile.

 

“Um...ma?”

 

“We saw~~” Mrs Cho and Mrs Kim sang playfully.

 

“UMMA!!” she whined, blushed madly even more than before, realizing what they saw.

 

 

TBC