I LOVE YOU TOO CHAPTER 19

I Love You Too

 

CHAPTER 19

 

“Ahhh…I’m tired…” Siwon whined, stretching himself from the chair.

 

It was the weekend and he was at work, working his to finish something before the new week starts. It wasn’t unusual thing but somehow, he feels really tired. He looks at his phone and sighed. It was almost a week since the last time he confessed to Sungmin. And sadly, until this time, he still didn’t get any answer. There hasn’t been any message or call from the said girl since that day. He wants to meet with Sungmin so bad and asks her but then, he remembered that he promise that he’ll give Sungmin the time. His feelings and emotion are mixed with frustration by the silence from Sungmin. He feels like giving up already.

 

He sighed again.

 

“Do I not have any chance at all, Sungmin?” he asks to the picture of Sungmin in his phone.

 

He stares at it long and slowly his lip turns into a smile. The picture was the secret shot that he took of Sungmin on the day of his confession. He also took some more with high definition from Victoria but the one he took on his own was much more specials than the others. He sighed contentedly. The smile on Sungmin’s face cheers him up. He feels stupid though. How easy and simple he is to just look at Sungmin’s picture and all his trouble will fade away. But, he guessed that the reason is all because he is too in love with the girl.

 

Then again, his reason of love and restless heart is actually the same person, sorry to be said. His mood changes again. He remembered the last conversation he had with his cousins.

 

Flashback.

 

“Sungmin kiss a man?!” Changmin and Victoria repeated what has been told to them in sync and in a very surprised tone.

 

“Yes…” Siwon replies dejectedly, looking very gloom staring at his drink.

 

He could almost see the scene all over again from it. Changmin and Victoria looks at each other.

 

Sungmin has a boyfriend? They ask themselves, raising their brows up.

 

They suddenly let out a big laugh.

 

“That’s seriously funny, Siwon.” Changmin said, still laughing.

 

“Yeah, just where did you got that idea from anyway?” the wife agreed.

 

Siwon sighed, “I didn’t hear it from anyone.” He replies saddened, “I saw it with my own eyes.”

 

“WHAT?! YOU DID?!” They couple is sure shocked this time by the information.

 

He nodded slowly, sulking like a lost child.

 

“Are you sure the one that you saw is Sungmin, Siwon-oppa?” he nods.

 

“Who is the one initiate the kiss? Sungmin?” Changmin asks, suddenly gain much interest in the topic.

 

Siwon nods again.

 

“SERIOUSLY?!”

 

“Yes…I’m serious.” His voice flattened, very frustrated, “I saw it with own eyes that it was Sungmin.” his story starts.

 

“I can very recognize her face because it’s Sungmin we’re talking about. Since I am crazy over her, of course I can recognize here. I can even identify her from miles away. She’s the one I love after all. At first glance, I saw her walking from the departure door. She’s with her friend, the one that hated me so much. Then, they separated, walking in different way. I was about to go and greet her when suddenly another man come and give her a back-hugged. Sungmin didn’t look surprise at all. In fact, she gave him a very different smile than ever and…and….and…”

 

Changmin and Victoria closed their eyes, can almost predict the end of the story.

 

“SHE KISSED HIM! SUNGMIN IS THE ONE KISSING THE MAN! THEN, THEY LAUGH AND THEY WALKED AWAY FROM THERE HOLDING HANDS! SHE KISSED HIM!! AHHHHH” Siwon yells, pouring out his frustration that he kept inside.

 

The couple cringed from the loud voice. They didn’t expect that sort of story came from Siwon with Sungmin being the main subject. The explanation gave clearly told them the story and by the look on Siwon’s face, he wasn’t lying at all.

 

“Is it over for me? Just like that? Just before I got any answer?” he asks to no one, covering his face with the hands, really dreadful over the topic.

 

“There, there…calm down.” Changmin pats his shoulder few times, consoling him.

 

“Ahh…I’m …” Siwon whines, holding himself from crying there.

 

Victoria hum, trying to think carefully about that matter. It seems that there is something missing in Siwon’s story and a hint needed to dig in.

 

“Oppa…” she calls slowly.

 

Both Changmin and Siwon turn to look at him.

 

“Where did you meet Sungmin again, oppa? Did you say departure door?” she asks, out of curiosity.

 

“Yea…departure door. I saw her at the airport.”

 

“Airport? Incheon airport?” she repeated the word and Siwon nods his head.

 

“That man…he is not possibly wearing a uniform right?”

 

“Eh?” Siwon paused to think, “He was, I think.” There’s still some hesitation in his voice.

 

In reflect, Victoria snapped her finger suddenly. Changmin and Siwon frown to see that reaction.

 

“What’s wrong, dear? Did you found out something?” Changmin asks curiously.

 

Instead of answering, Victoria shakes her head and gives them chuckles.

 

“If that guy wears a uniform, and you saw them at the airport…hee” she smirks making the boys more confused.

 

“What is it? You know him? Is he really Sungmin’s boyfriend?”

 

“Yes, I know him.” she said proudly.

 

“Really? Who is it?” they ask altogether, eager to know.

 

Victoria continue smirking at them, “Se~~cret.” She teased, with her finger on her lips.

 

Flashback end.

 

In the end, no matter how much Siwon pester Victoria, the cousin didn’t reveal a thing about that man. Because of that reason only, he makes himself busy with work even on weekend to forget about his heartbreak. It has been few hours of him working alone and noon had arrived. After reviewing the last document, his stomach grumbled, looking for food. He looks at his watch and it showed 2 pm.

 

“I’ll call it a day.” he told himself and packs all his things in his backpack.

 

His mind was lost in thought while he walks away from his office until he arrived at the first floor. He was about to leave and reach the main door when he suddenly saw a glimpse of a person at the front desk. He rubs his eyes few times, making sure and in fast mode, he dashed towards it.

 

“Ah, Mr Choi…”

 

“Sungmin?” he calls cutting off the guard.

 

The said person turns to him and his guess was right on the spot because that girl is actually Sungmin. His eyes widened three times bigger than normal, very shock to see her there.

 

“Siwon-ssi.”

 

“W…what…what are you…how is it…” he stammers with his word, extremely surprised.

 

Sungmin gives him a bright smile.

 

“Hi. Do you some time to spare with me?” she greets him, very casual.

 

Siwon remain gaping at her. Meeting Sungmin again after so many days of not contacting each other is really beyond his expectancy. But for sure, his heart blooms with flowers of happiness and he grins happily.

 

 

~BACK TO FEW DAYS BEFORE~

 

It was a normal day at Sakura’s Café. It’s already evening and passed the working hours. Even on the café’s door already has a ‘closed’ sign hanging from the inside. Ryeowook and the other workers are packing and cleaning the shop. They are all happy and getting ready to go home. Ryeowook on the other hand, is still at the kitchen calculating the day’s account and is actually thinking hard because it’s not her major. She didn’t even realize there are two people slowly tiptoeing and creeping behind her.

 

“WOOKIE!”

 

“AHHH!!” Ryeowook screams on top of her lung, astonished by the loud call and the hands around her waist.

 

She pants hard, calming her shocking and fast-thumping heart while the other two people laughing their out.

 

“Just what are you doing?!” she scolded angrily, turning her head behind.

 

Her eyes widened. In front of her are actually standing two people of her love, and are laughing very happily to be able to make fun of her. She crossed her arm on her chest, huffed and frown deeply at them. Their laughs slowly subside and they smile at her, still happy.

 

“So, explain.” She commanded her voice strict in anger.

 

The two of them smiles, “Sorry, Wookie.” Sungmin whom first move forward and hugs her best friend.

 

“We just want to scare you a bit.” Sungmin said, chuckles, “You’re not angry at us, right?” she pouts, showing her best aegyo to her.

 

Ryeowook narrowed her eyes on purpose to show her anger, and ‘hmph’. The two people smile sheepishly hoping that it will be able to melt her heart away. After a few moment of staring, Ryeowook heave out a sigh.

 

“Welcome home, my beloved.” She told them, a smile on her face.

 

The two people smiles brightly by the forgiveness. They knew Ryeowook would never be angry at them long.

 

“I’m home, my best friend.” Sungmin hugs her tighter.

 

“I’m home too, my love.” The man moves closer and gives a peck on Ryeowook’s cheek.

 

Ryeowook smiles shyly, tinted of red on her cheek slowly appears by the kiss. She is happy though.

 

“Yesung oppa!” the other workers come into the kitchen and the situation become a noise again.

 

Yesung, which is the one whom just kiss Ryeowook is actually her boyfriend aka lover. He is very popular because of his gorgeous look and everything. Everyone loves his generosity and admires him but his heart is only for his lover and plus Sungmin. They are all happy to be able to reunite again since Yesung is also known to be a very busy man. Each of Sungmin’s workers loves his presence so much. That man is like a real brother to them and they all love him very much especially Sungmin. And the fact that he is Ryeowook’s boyfriend is not a problem at all. In fact it makes it all better because Yesung is willing to give anything in the sake of his girlfriend, including and especially money.

 

Then, after long talk and a promise that he will treat the workers tomorrow, Yesung brings both of his girls back to Ryeowook’s house. It has been so long since they met with each other. They need all the time to talk about many things and also just to have time beside themselves.

 

“So…” Yesung trails his word, “Tell me the truth, Minnie.” He looks straight into Sungmin’s eyes, “Have you give that guy an answer?”

 

Just like everyone else that is close to Sungmin, Yesung has also heard the news about Sungmin’s admirer who confessed to her. He’s been really curious even since he received the information from his girlfriend especially with the fact that Sungmin is so not sociable at all and it was the first time ever.

 

“Err…”

 

“Not yet. She’s hesitating.” Ryewook cuts off answering on Sungmin’s behalf instead.

 

“Hesitate? Of what?” He asks, confused.

 

“Err…”

 

“Everything.” Ryeowook replies again.

 

“Wookie!”

 

“What? I’m telling the truth, right? You do know that you’re actually torturing the guy with this silent treatment.”

 

Sungmin pouted by the statement, “I…I just didn’t know what to tell him.” she mumbles.

 

“Do you love him?” Yesung continues with his question.

 

“Love?” Sungmin paused, pouting her lips cutely, “Like maybe.”

 

“Then, why didn’t you give any reply to him?”

 

Sungmin becomes silent again after the question. And after a few moments of waiting, it was Ryeowook again who answers.

 

“She said she’s afraid, oppa.” She told the man, her voice flat.

 

Yesung turns to look at his girlfriend and stares into her eyes. By the look from her eyes, he finally understands the meaning.

 

“Ooo…now I get it.” He turns to look at Sungmin whom still playing with her food, pouting.

 

“You don’t trust that guy?” he starts his question again.

 

Sungmin shakes her head, “Not really.” She mumbles the replies.

 

“Then, what are you afraid of?”

 

“E…everything.” She whispered the answer but loud enough for Yesung to hear it.

 

Yesung and Ryeowook look at each other and let go a sigh.

 

“Look, Sungmin.” He pats her head gently, “Is that guy a criminal?”

 

Sungmin shakes her head, denying.

 

“A thief?”

 

She did the same to the question.

 

“Or…a serial killer?” Yesung ask, smirking on purpose to make an evil face.

 

“Oppa!” Sungmin protested by the accusation.

 

Yesung laughs.

 

“What? I’m just asking, okay.”

 

“I know. But, you don’t have to guess it like that.”

 

“But, you didn’t even tell me anything about your admirer. It’s not wrong for me to guess it like that, right?”

 

“Not to that extent though.” Sungmin sulks, making Yesung laughs even more.

 

“Oppa, don’t like that.” Ryeowook defended, smiling to see the cute reaction.

 

“Hahaha…sorry, pumpkin. I didn’t mean to tease you. I know that guy must be a good one, right?” he comforted her, giving her the smile.

 

Sungmin still pouting, showing her dissatisfaction but gradually that pout turns into a smile.

 

“It’s okay...” She replies.

 

“But you know Sungmin, if that man is not all that, why would you be afraid?”

 

Sungmin looks at him, with a sad face, almost like a lost puppy.

 

“You knew about my complexity, right? You know that a man doesn’t need to be all that for me to be afraid.” She said, looking away from Yesung and Ryeowook’s gaze.

 

Yesung smiles thinly after Sungmin said that.

 

“I know, Sungmin. I know that you’re afraid. But for how long?” He stares at her lovingly, “How long are you going to shut away your heart like this?” Sungmin looks at him, blankly.

 

“Give your heart a chance. If you like him, make it a reason for you to at least try. Use it as a chance to love someone as a man. Isn’t it already a good sign? Isn’t it better than not trying at all?” he asks, and Sungmin nods her head faintly.

 

He smiles to see the nod.

 

“I know that you are finding it hard to trust or love anyone. Well, everyone does, baby girl. Just think about it first and carefully.” He adds, didn’t want to give pressure for Sungmin to accept Siwon.

 

Ryeowook who has been listening to their conversation, smiles.

 

“I agree with Yeye oppa, Minnie. He does have lots of points there.” She told Sungmin.

 

Sungmin watches Yesung and Ryeowook back forth, still unsure.

 

“What if…one day…he finds out about my background? Do you think he’ll be able to accept me?” she finally asks the question from inside.

 

“It will be fine.” Yesung assures her, a smile on his face.

 

“How many times must we tell you that we are here?” He asks, raising his eyebrows up when Sungmin turns to look at him, “We will help you whatever happens, no matter what.” He promised.

 

“He’s right. We promised each other to never leave anyone behind, remember?” Ryeowook added to the promise.

 

And in the end, after some times of talking, Sungmin feels very sure about her feeling. She nods and gives them her best smile of the day.

 

“Thank you, Wookie.” She thanked, launching herself into Ryeowook’s embrace, “I really love you the most.” She confessed happily, hugging her tighter.

 

Ryeowook giggles by the intimacy shown, in which she returns the hug.

 

“I love you too, Minnie.” She replies, feels so happy for her best friend.

 

Yesung smiles by the side watching the scene. He really is grateful that he has the girls and is able to make them happy.

 

“How about me?” He interrupts, “Don’t you love me too?” he asks, trying to get his share of happiness.

 

“Hehehehe…we love you too, oppa!” the girls replied to him in sync, and they laugh together.

 

Sungmin really is thankful to have Ryeowook and Yesung by her side. Just like her parents, they both have always supported her and give her the best advice and reason for her questions. The three of them have known each other longer than anyone could ever think off. Behind the scene in how Yesung and Ryeowook fall in love with each other is also because of Sungmin. They both loved and very dear to Sungmin so much and Sungmin really close with them even though the three of them aren’t blood-related at all.

 

Yesung works as a pilot and also the son of a very rich airplane company in Korea. No one actually knew but to speak the truth, he is the reason behind Sungmin’s special treatment at the airport and everything related. It is including the special note of ‘I love you’ that she got on the airplane which Kyuhyun misunderstood before. Sungmin also has always been the special person in Yesung’s heart. They are often misunderstood by other people as couple with their intimacy of each other (just like Kyuhyun and Siwon) but his girlfriend understands him best. And that is all that matter for Yesung. He didn’t really care if anyone ever talks bad about his relationship with Sungmin as long as his lover trust him.

 

Ryeowook even love Sungmin more than him and every so often making him jealous and envy on purpose just to test his love. Anyway, he loves both of them greatly to be blinded by anything else. Other people might not be able to understand and didn’t know the truth about their special relationship but, he truthfully didn’t give a damn about it. He himself never plans to explain anything in the first place.  As long as they are happy with each other, nothing else is ever matter.

 

With that also, Siwon’s question and Kyuhyun’s shocking eye-witness of everything happened at the airport is finally answered. What is next to be awaited moment is on how Sungmin will actually give Siwon an answer, which is back to the present day.

 

 

 

TBC