I LOVE YOU TOO CHAPTER 47

I Love You Too

 

CHAPTER 47

 

Panic and astonished by the sudden turn out of event, Minhyuk and the others quickly took Sungmin into Jungkok’s room just above. Ryeowook was really scared to see Sungmin suddenly fainted like that. She has never seen Sungmin in such state before.

 

“Sungmin…Sungmin…” she called for her name, tears started to swell in her eyes.

 

Sungmin groaned slightly. Her eyes opened in slow motion and see the face of Ryeowook. She blinked and sees clearly the other two inside the room, Kyuhyun and Minhyuk. Realization dawned on her. In a flash, she suddenly gets up and curled herself into a tiny ball. The others were once again astounded.

 

“Sungmin.” Ryeowook was frantic and moved closer to Sungmin but Sungmin runs away further and hides herself, “What happened to you?! Sungmin tell me!”

 

She’s really petrified by what she sees right now. For the first time ever, Sungmin flinched by her touch.

 

“Is this because of Siwon?” Minhyuk suddenly interrupted.

 

Sungmin’s body jerked by the sudden name spoken.

 

“Siwon? What does it has something to do with Siwon?” Ryeowook asked in puzzled.

 

“Minjung told me that Siwon dumped Sungmin.” informed Minhyuk.

 

“WHAT?!” Kyuhyun and Ryeowook screamed out of shock.

 

“Is it true, Sungmin?” she shakes Sungmin’s body gently, “Please tell me Sungmin…don’t be like this…”

 

In slow motion, Sungmin moved her head and turned towards her best friend. They all gasped when they sees tears of river flows from Sungmin’s eyes.

 

“So…sorry…I’m sorry…Wookie…I’m sorry…” she sobbed, “I’m sorry I lied to you. I’m sorry for acting like this. I’m not okay at all, Wookie. My head hurts. My heart feels so much pain. I didn’t go home. I couldn’t even go home. I keep seeing his reflection everywhere. I tried to sleep but I couldn’t fall asleep. All I think of is him. Every time I closed my eyes, his picture appears. His smile, his sad eyes, his hatred. Everything…everything about him popped inside my head. I sketched to distract myself but my hand only sketches his picture. I tired myself but my body wasn’t listening at all. Why…why is it hurt so much? Wookie…help me…”

 

Ryeowook crushed Sungmin into a tight embrace. Sungmin cried harder, wetting her dress. Her body shakes badly by the feeling she felt.

 

“He…he hates me…” Sungmin’s voice continued, “He said I’m a for flirting around with men. He didn’t listen to my explanation. He accused me of having an affair with Kyuhyun.”

 

“Ah.” Kyuhyun tensed.

 

“He hated me because I am close with Minhyukie.”

 

Minhyuk also tensed when Sungmin said his name.

 

“He…he didn’t trust me at all. He said every name of the man that I’m close with and accused me flirting. And…and he said…let’s end this. But why…when I love him so much like this…why did he hurt me? It hurts Wookie. My heart feels so stuffed. But, I couldn’t do anything. I still love him. I love him so much that my head hurts. Why…why must this happen to me? I can’t really love anyone?” Sungmin cried, pouring out all her sadness that she kept.

 

Ryeowook tightened her hold on Sungmin’s body. She didn’t say any word but to just hug Sungmin. She knew nothing she said that moment will be able to comfort Sungmin’s broken heart. She cried together with her best friend. Kyuhyun and Minhyuk were still there watching them in pain. Something that none of them ever expected has happened and they couldn’t even do anything to mend it.

 

 

/////

 

 

Donghae rushed over to the hospital after she got the call from Yesung. She’s really shocked when suddenly Yesung called and told her Sungmin was admitted into the hospital. She reached the hospital and sees Yesung talking to Kyuhyun and Minhyuk.

 

“Yesungie!” she called, walking towards them.

 

“Hae-umma.”

 

“What happened? Where’s Sungmin?” she frantically asked.

 

“She’s in the room with Wookie. The doctor said she’s having insomnia.”

 

Donghae frowned, “Insomnia? Why? Why would she get that?”

 

“We don’t know, Hae umma. It’s…”

 

On the nick of time, the doctor came out from Sungmin’s room. They all rushed to his side to know about Sungmin’s condition.

 

“How’s my daughter, doctor? She’s okay, right?” Donghae straight away asked.

 

The doctor has a solemn face, “We have given her some sedative, but she still couldn’t fall asleep. I think she’s fighting back the medicine.” Informed the doctor, once again make the people anxious, “Maybe there is so much in her mind right now.” He explained and saddened all the ears listening.

 

“What can we do now?”

 

“This happened once ago, right?”

 

Yesung and Donghae’s stiffened.

 

“Do you remember how she falls asleep back then?” the doctor asked again.

 

The two of them looked at each other with an unreadable expression. Kyuhyun and Minhyuk who were also there stare at them confusingly.

 

“It’s her sister.” Donghae responded, “I’ll try to call her and speak to her about this. Thank you, doctor.” Donghae thanked and hastily went inside Sungmin’s room with a phone to make the call.

 

“I will come and check over her again. Just let her rest for now.”

 

“Ah doctor, can I take her home?” Yesung asked, just in case.

 

He thinks it’s better for Sungmin to go home and rest in a bigger bed and also, her usual space. His wife will also agree with him on that. He’s sure.

 

The doctor nodded, “You may. Just meet me and take her medicine before you go.” He advised and left.

 

Yesung sighed and cleared his throat.

 

“Hyung wait.” Minhyuk stopped Yesung before he stepped away, “What did the doctor mean when he said the same thing happened before. Did Sungmin ever have heartbreak?”

 

Yesung groaned under his breath. He got a sharp stare at Kyuhyun to which the man tense noticing it.

 

“Kyuhyun.”

 

Kyuhyun immediately averted his eyes away.

 

“What?”

 

“She was heartbroken once by Kyuhyun during her university days. I didn’t know the exact story that happened but just like now, Sungmin wore her mask to hide everything and couldn’t fall asleep. She kept thinking that everything was her fault and blames no one.” Yesung explained carefully.

 

Kyuhyun felt the utmost guilt fall over him. He vividly recalled what he did and what Sungmin had told her before. Yes, he did hurt Sungmin, more than anyone could. He’s the first one who breaks Sungmin’s trust. Minhyuk deathly stares at Kyuhyun after he heard the explanation. His hands shake in anger but he holds it in.

 

“Then, how did she recover?” he asked more.

 

“We called Leeteuk noona and Sungjin altogether. Leeteuk is Sungmin’s doctor and Sungmin is very fond with Sungjin the most among our families. Somehow, they have a way to keep Sungmin from thinking much and fall asleep. Hopefully, we still could do the same.” Explained Yesung again.

 

Kyuhyun and Minhyuk were silence listening.

 

“You can just go home now. I thanked you for helping. We’ll take care of Sungmin from here.” Yesung told them and excused himself inside Sungmin’s room.

 

Silence. No words were said between the two men who were left at the empty hallway. Kyuhyun was about to take his step when suddenly…

 

“Ugh!”

 

Minhyuk turned to him in high speed and pushed Kyuhyun hard onto the wall. He groaned in pain but even before he could react, Minhyuk’s arms already on his neck, holding him. He forced his eyes open and met with Minhyuk’s eyes. There is fire in his eyes, an angry one.

 

“How dare you hurt my Miniming.” Minhyuk growled at him angrily, didn’t even care about his claim onto Sungmin.

 

“You made her cry and experienced the pain that she shouldn’t feel and yet, you’re still alive. Bastard…” Minhyuk pushed his hand further, gawking Kyuhyun, “You should not be forgiven.” He threatened and ended it with a punch on Kyuhyun’s stomach.

 

Kyuhyun fall limb on the floor by the punch. Kyuhyun whimpered and coughed out the pain that he’s been holding. Minhyuk growled at him for the last time and left Kyuhyun there. Kyuhyun didn’t do anything to fight back. More than the anger Minhyuk vented on him, it was actually nothing compared to what he did to Sungmin. He looked at the door and cursed himself. True like Minhyuk said, he shouldn’t be forgiven at all.

 

3 days of not sleeping? He repeated what the doctor said inside and cringed in pain.

 

It means that Sungmin hasn’t been asleep ever since the night he fought with Siwon. It also means the same night was the one where Siwon dumped Sungmin. Dumped? Why Siwon did that? Why suddenly? I thought he’s in love with Sungmin.

 

He…he didn’t trust me at all. But why…when I love him so much like this…why did he hurt me? It hurts Wookie. My heart feels so stuffed. But, I couldn’t do anything. I still love him. Why…why must this happen to me? I can’t really love anyone?

 

Kyuhyun closed his eyes while recalling back Sungmin’s word of devastation. It hurts Sungmin, he can see that. But, it hurts him too because he loves Sungmin so much.

 

 

/////

 

 

///THE DAY OF SUNGMIN’S BREAK UP///

 

Sungmin couldn’t fall asleep. She has been crying all night and still couldn’t fall asleep. It was almost dawn already. Her mind and body was tired but she still couldn’t sleep. Sungmin gets up from the bed, letting the covers slips down on the floor. She went into the bathroom and sees her miserable reflection from the big mirror. There are traces of tears on her cheeks, puffy eyes, and messy hair. Her family might be frantic if they see her in that condition, she told herself. But, if no one sees her, then no one will ever know about her.

 

She takes a cold bath not minding to turn on the heater. It’s freaking cold but the water didn’t take any effect on her anymore. She cleans the house, and throw away all the remaining memories that are available and what could still reminds her of Siwon. Her face didn’t show any expression or emotion and yet, unconsciously her scars that has been hidden away for all those years slowly starts to re-appear. She knows that it is a sign that she is slowly breaking. She tries to hold on alone. She tried to bears all the pain alone.

 

I’m okay. She lied to herself repeatedly.

 

She once again stood in front of the mirror. She lightly hits her face to wake up. She smiled. Wearing her invisible mask, Sungmin slowly gets ready to leave the house.

 

It is dawn and the atmosphere was still silent without anyone waking up. After leaving the house, Sungmin drove away without any destination. When she reached the Hangang river, she parked and spacing out. She really doesn’t want to speak to anyone but the loneliness and heartache began to creep for more as the time moved. So, she thought of giving someone a call. She reached out for her phone and dialed for a number. Sungmin patiently waits for the other line to be answered. After a few ringing, she heard a ‘hello’.

 

“Hey, noona.” Sungjin chirped from the other side.

 

Sungmin’s smile bloomed automatically upon hearing her brother’s voice.

 

“Jinnie…” she called softly.

 

But, Sungjin’s face changed right away by the sound of her voice.

 

“Noona? Are you okay? What’s with your voice?” he asked, because he notices that Sungmin sounded hoarse a bit.

 

“There’s nothing.” Sungmin lied.

 

“Nothing? Are you sure?”

 

“Em.” He heard Sungmin answered short.

 

Sungjin felt weird by the short answer, “So, what’s wrong? Why are you calling me at this hour?” he looked at his watch and calculated the time, “Is it supposed to be early morning there?” he continued asking, strange.

 

“Well…I woke up early I guess.” Sungmin reasoned.

 

A frown formed, “Woke up early? Without a reason? Why? Can’t you just admit you’re being a workaholic?”  Sungjin said sarcastically.

 

He heard a soft giggle from Sungmin’s side, “No particular reason. I usually wake up early and just today I wake up not the normal way.” She lied, “And I am not doing any work, for your info.”

 

Sungjin sighed. He didn’t know why but his heart is telling him that there’s something that Sungmin hide from him.

 

“Noona, you are okay, right?” he worriedly asked, “You’re not getting sick in any way, right?”

 

Sungmin hummed, “I’m fine, Jinnie. Apparently, I am still healthy today.”

 

“Serious?”

 

Sungmin hummed again.

 

“Fine then. I’m not going to force you if you’re not telling. But, if you’re ready to tell, I’ll always on ear for you.” he told her.

 

“Em…thank you…Jinnie…” she thanked him soft, like a whisper.

 

Sungjin frowned harder. Now, he’s getting more worry. One question he ask, he only got one answer. It is really not like his usual noona that he knew.

 

“Noona…”

 

“Nothing bad happens, Jinnie. Please stop worrying.” Sungmin cuts him before anything.

 

“Really?” Sungjin replied back suspiciously.

 

“Err…” she shuttered, “Well…there is something…” she replied one by one.

 

“So?”

 

“But, I don’t think it’s appropriate to tell you on the phone. I’ll tell you once you’re back from school. I promise.”

 

Sungjin’s eyes automatically narrowed into a tiny bit.

 

“Wait till I come back?” he repeated, “Noona, you do realize I finish school in two months’ time, right? And you still want to wait until that time to tell me your problem?”

 

Sungmin laughed awkwardly by the sharp remark.

 

“I probably be the last person to know your problem by then.” He mocked.

 

“Oh, Jinnie don’t sulk.” Sungmin coax her little brother, “I promise that I’ll keep an update to you always. So, you will not, certainly be the last.” She promised.

 

Sungjin thought in silence and sighed, again.

 

“Okay.” he surrendered, “What do you want to talk about now?”

 

“Hm…I don’t know…how’s your school?” Sungmin started a question.

 

“Mine? So far so good. My grade is still on average though.”

 

Sungmin chuckled, “It is good already. Appa and umma are always proud of you.”

 

Sungjin smiled wide by the praise, “Ah, wanna hear my new song?”

 

“Eh? New song?”

 

Sungjin hummed. He puts his phone on speaker mode and on the table. Sungmin heard some rummaging from the other side. Sungjin took out his guitar.

 

“Me and Henry compose it together. We’re still deciding the lyrics. So, maybe you can help a bit.” He explained.

 

Ting…

 

Sungjin finds a comfortable position to seat. Without saying a word, he starts tuning his guitar with Sungmin patiently waits.

 

“Ready?”

 

“Em.” Sungmin replied simply and focused her attention to her brother.

 

A melody began to play. Sungmin lays her back comfortably on the car seat and enjoyed Sungjin’s performance. She closed her eyes and soon started to think about her break up again. It devastated her heart but she tried her best to not let Sungjin notice anything. Honestly, she doesn’t want to interact with anyone that day but to just be alone, she felt that her thoughts will only think about Siwon. So, she decided to seek for Sungjin instead. Her brother is living far from Korea and is always the best person to understand her feelings effortlessly. Even though she lied about her real situation, the least is by talking to Sungjin, she feels at ease, even just a little.

 

An hour later, their long-distance call ended with Sungjin forcing Sungmin to take a breakfast. And Sungmin, obeyed her little brother’s word gladly. Sungjin heaved out a sigh staring at his phone.

 

“Hey.” Came Henry suddenly.

 

“Hey.”

 

“Why are you staring at the phone? Something interesting?”

 

“No, Hen. There’s nothing. It just…” he paused, “Sungmin noona called me.”

 

“Minnie noona?”

 

Out of reflex, Henry turns to look at the time on his watch. It’s early in the morning, he reminded himself mentally.

 

“Isn’t it supposed to be soooo early in the morning there?” he asked out loud from his inner thought.

 

Sungjin nonchalantly nodded, “Because it’s too early that I am thinking now. Do you think my noona has a problem, Hen?” he couldn’t help but wondered.

 

“Probably. Didn’t she tell you anything?”

 

Sungjin shook his head, denying.

 

“She avoided my question completely.” He sighed, “Now, I’m getting worried. What if there’s something really bad had happened? And she…keeps it all to herself? It might turn worse.”

 

“But, you know your Minnie noona well, right?” Henry remarked, “She is always like that.”

 

Sungjin sighed again, feels exhausted to just think about it. He groaned at himself and lays himself on the bed.

 

“I just hope that everything is alright.” He wished.

 

“Hopefully.”

 

///PRESENT DAY///

 

But, it turned out, Sungjin’s negative feelings is right after all. He was really shocked when his mother called and told him about what happened to his noona. Not asking much about the details, he obeyed his mother’s request of talking with Sungmin. He didn’t ask about her problem but to talk about other things to distract her instead.

 

After about an hour of reaching home and talking to Sungjin and Leeteuk back forth, finally Sungmin falls asleep. Donghae and Ryeowook sighed in relief seeing it. Sungmin’s phone rang again and Donghae picked it up knowing it’s her son calling.

 

“How’s noona, umma?” asked Sungjin straight away.

 

“She’s sleeping now, fortunately. It’s a good thing you talked to her just now.” She praised her, thankfully.

 

“Wookie noona is with her right?” he asked again to make sure.

 

Donghae hummed faintly, “She’s resting together with her.”

 

“Good. The least now, noona will be calmer with her around.”

 

“Maybe you’re right. Hopefully it will get better. It’s so sad to see her so devastated like this Jinnie.” Donghae complained to her son, “She looks so heartbroken.”

 

“Did she cry, umma?”

 

Donghae’s heart saddened again, “Before she fainted, yes, she did cried. Maybe because she felt that it’s too much. But, Wookie said, after they took her to the hospital, she didn’t shed a single tear anymore. Maybe she’s hiding again.”

 

Wearing that stupid mask. Sungjin added to his mother’s statement inside his head. A sigh escaped from him.

 

“Luckily that your appa is on a business trip and is not here now. If he saw what happened, I don’t think he’ll let it go with just this.”

 

“But, appa will know about it sooner, umma.” Sungjin added.

 

“Yes I know. But your noona make me and the others promised to not tell a word about this to him.” explained Donghae.

 

“What? Why?” Sungjin right away questioned.

 

“I think she’s afraid that your appa will get angry.”

 

“Appa will get angry no matter what, umma.” He quickly retorted and groaned, “Should I just come back?” he suggested.

 

“No, Jinnie. You coming back will only increase your appa’s curiosity. And I’m sure, that is not what Sungmin wants.”

 

“But umma…”

 

“Not but, just leave this matter to me and Wookie. We’ll try our best to keep her company. We’ll make sure that she’ll not be in pain anymore.” Donghae promised.

 

She heard a growl from Sungjin. She knew her son is obviously dissatisfied by the unfairness but she knew it was something should be done. After more consoling with her son, their call finally ended. Donghae turned back to Sungmin’s room. The light is dim already. It seems that both of the girls have already fallen asleep completely. She sighed in relieved and closed back the door. She prayed that for tomorrow to be fine again.

 

On the next day, Sungmin opened her eyes slowly. There’s no one besides her, but the heater is on, so, she guessed that probably her best friend has just woken up. She remembered what happened the other night and clearly remembered how she falls asleep next to Ryeowook. She can still recall how sweet Ryeowook’s voice resonates in her ears singing a calm song to lullaby her.

 

She gets up and roamed around the room. The clock showed that it is still too early. Her feet moved on its own towards the bathroom. She filled the bathtub with warm water. Watching as the water flows from the pipe, Sungmin stayed on the cold floor in silence. Her head is still hurt but her heart feels better than before.

 

She sinks her body deep into the water and closes her eyes. Tears dropped again but quickly washed away by the water.

 

This is the last time. She told herself and let the time flows on its own.

 

She’s tired of crying already. A part of her feels grateful for her family’s understanding of not asking much but some other part, she’s scare of the future. Her appa…didn’t know about it yet.

 

She sighed into the water.

 

Appa will get angry if he knows. And he’ll be angrier if he knows he’s the last one. What should I do now? I don’t want appa to create any ruckus. But then, appa will still be angry whether he finds out now or later. What should I do now? How can I make the pain go away?

 

She asked herself not minding the answer to it. She just hopes that when the time comes, she’ll be brave enough to face it. After her morning routine and getting ready to work, Sungmin walked down towards the kitchen.  

 

“But oppa, why…” Sungmin whined.

 

She was on phone with Kangin. It seems that she wasn’t allowed to go to work that day, something sudden and unusual.

 

“No buts, Lee Sungmin. And stop being stubborn.” Kangin scolded, “I don’t want to hear any excuse of you wanting to come to the office today. Just take a leave, two days from now on.”

 

“What? Two days? But I have so many works to do, oppa.” Sungmin rebutted.

 

“Me and Junsu can settle it on our own, Sungmin.”

 

Sungmin groaned unsatisfied, “That is so unfair.” She mumbled under her breath.

 

Kangin laughed at her retort, “Just rest, baby girl. Leave the work to me and Junsu. Even Kyuhyun is here with me. So, don’t worry too much.” He told the latter.

 

Kyuhyun. She repeated the name mentally and remembered yesterday’s incident where Kyuhyun has seen her most horrible state ever. She wondered how his reaction was because she didn’t even get to see anything from yesterday. But, probably Kyuhyun has also being warned by her Yeye to not spill out a word about that matter to anyone. And knowing that he’s at work now, maybe he wasn’t at all affected by what happened to her.

 

After the longest silence, Sungmin hummed, finally agreed. Kangin smiled satisfyingly.

 

“But, call me if there’s anything.” Sungmin reminded him for the last time.

 

“I will baby girl. Goodbye.”

 

“Bye.”

 

They hung up the call. Sungmin stares at her phone, thinking. Kangin didn’t know, she can guess that. But, there was someone who told him to order her to not working. Sighing, she took a deep breath and let it go slowly. She went to the kitchen and greeted her family. She still has them.

 

Kangin on the other, instead of keep his phone away, he clicked and called for another number. He waits patiently until the other line answered.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Hey, Jungsoo.”

 

“Youngwoon-ssi. How is it? Is she okay?” Leeteuk asked right away when she recognized the voice.

 

Kangin hummed, “Yeah she’s sounds fine for now. I ordered her to take a break. And just like you said, she stubbornly want to come to work.” he reported to Leeteuk.

 

Truthfully, early that morning, Kangin unexpectedly received a sudden call by Leeteuk. She didn’t explain anything but to request for a day off work for Sungmin. Of course he felt weird and enquiry about it but, Leeteuk only change the subject away. He heard a sigh came from Leeteuk.

 

“Is everything alright?” he asked.

 

He’s worry. Judging from the way Kyuhyun reacts and her reaction about Sungmin, he is really worry about to what has happened.

 

“Yeah, it’s alright now.” Leeteuk’s voice doesn’t sound convincing at all.

 

“Are you sure?”

 

Leeteuk hummed faintly.

 

“I’m very grateful to you, Youngwoon-ssi. You’ve been a great help to us, even without knowing anything.” She said.

 

Kangin sighed, “I’ll be glad to help. Just don’t keep it to yourself too much.” He reminded her.

 

 

/////

 

 

“Wookie…”

 

Ryeowook turned, “Ah, Minnie.” She greeted happily, “Have a nice sleep?”

 

Sungmin nodded.

 

“What do you want to eat? There’s a lot to eat, today.” She asked.

 

Sungmin pouted while thinking.

 

“Where’s umma?”

 

“Hae-umma went to the green house. She’s taking some herbs I think. Why?”

 

“Nothing in particular…” Sungmin mumbled under her breathe.

 

Her attention shifted back to the breakfast served on the table. Sungmin stares at it long before she decided to take some toast and jam to fill up her stomach. A smile automatically formed on Ryeowook seeing her in a lot better state than yesterday. Without saying much, she continued helping her best friend in serving breakfast. She needs to make sure that Sungmin is well-feed.

 

“Wookie-yah…did you make any contact with Kangin oppa yesterday?” suddenly Sungmin questioned.

 

“Eh?” she shook her head, “No, why?”

 

“He just called and forbid me of going to work today.” Complained Sungmin, “He even gives me two days of unpaid leave.”

 

“Why would he do that?”

 

“That’s why I ask you. I thought that maybe Yeye has talked to him or something and Yeye told you.”

 

“Well, he didn’t say anything about it to me.”

 

“Really? Maybe he can sense about my problem.” she sulked, playing with her breakfast.

 

Ryeowook looked at her sullen face and feels sad again.

 

“Ah, baby girl. You’re awake.” Donghae came back from the green house.

 

She walked towards the girls, with a basket of vegetables in her hands.

 

“Good morning, umma.” Sungmin greeted her.

 

“Good morning. You’re going to work?” she asked, her basket exchanged hands with the maid willingly.

 

Sungmin pouted, “No, I’m going to change my clothes after breakfast. Kangin oppa forbid me of going to work today.”

 

“Eh?”

 

“Alright. I’m done.” Sungmin gets up from her seat and walked away with solemn face on her.

 

Donghae turned to look at Ryeowook, “What happened?” she asked her puzzled by the sudden reaction of her daughter.

 

Ryeowook shrugged, “Sungmin said her president gives her two day of leaves.”

 

“Eh? Why all of sudden?”

 

“I’m not sure, umma. She also didn’t know why. But, I’m glad he did, because even I don’t want Sungmin to work yet.” She said and absolutely agreed by Donghae.

 

 

/////

 

 

Meanwhile, Yesung went to Siwon’s office since early that morning. He wanted to confront him for hurting his baby girl but he was surprised to know that Siwon involved in an accident and stayed in the hospital.

 

“What happened to him?” Yesung enquired the secretary.

 

The secretary fidgeted, “We’re not quite, sir. But from what I heard, it was hit and run. Luckily, Mr Choi Siwon only suffered small injuries. He managed to avoid the car.” She explained.

 

Hit and run? Yesung repeated what she said, with a deep frown. Who would dare to do that?

 

He takes a breath, “Which hospital is it?” he enquired.

 

The girl looked hesitant, “It’s XXX Private Hospital, sir.” She answered politely.

 

“XXX hospital?” Yesung take the note inside his head, “Thank you then.”

 

“Ah, Mr Kim. Do you need to leave any message?” she asked before Yesung took his step.

 

“No need.” Yesung said coldly, “He doesn’t need to know anymore.” And he left the office just like that.

 

He feels something is not right from the girl’s story. She’s speaking the truth, he knew. But, what he didn’t understand is to who dare to do that. Someone’s taking a revenge for Sungmin’s behalf? He guessed but he shrugged it away immediately, thinking that maybe it was just his thought.

 

 

/////

 

AT CHOI’S CORPORATION~~

 

“Mr Choi was admitted to the hospital yesterday.” Jonghyun suddenly informed.

 

There are him and Minhyuk in one room. He didn’t get it but he feels the need of telling that to the latter.

 

“Someone almost crush him with a car but he avoided. He broke his leg.” He continued.

 

Minhyuk simply hummed and continued doing his work without paying attention to Jonghyun.

 

“Someone also said…he saw your car there, Minhyuk.”

 

Minhyuk’s hand stopped working.

 

“Where were you yesterday, Minhyuk?” Jonghyun asked his assistant, strict in his voice.

 

Minhyuk rolled his eyes at him. He averted his attention away, obviously didn’t want to answer Jonghyun’s question.

 

“Minhyuk, I’m asking you.” He said again.

 

Minhyuk glared at him, “It’s not your concern, hyung. It’s my private time, you have no right ask.” He talked back.

 

Insecurity started to creep into Jonghyun. He knew the younger one’s anger. He knew how much Minhyuk’s care for Sungmin is to the extent of possessiveness. He knew the boy’s past that no one knew. And he knew what the other is capable of doing.

 

“Is it you?” Jonghyun guessed, there’s stern inside his voice, he wants to make sure.

 

After the longest silence, Minhyuk turned his back, facing towards him.

 

With his straight face, “What if I am?” he said.

 

Jonghyun tensed. His expression instantly changed to hear such word. And Minhyuk, instead of feeling guilty, he chuckled.

 

“Don’t joke around about this matter, Minhyuk. It’s not funny.” Scolded Jonghyun.

 

“And I’m not making any joke, hyung.” He quickly retorted, looking stoic as ever.

 

Deep frown formed on Jonghyun.

 

“You can think whatever you want. But, I’m not answering anymore.” He responded, and making a move to leave.

 

“Minhyuk!” Jonghyun raised his voice in anger.

 

“Don’t bother thinking much about me, hyung. It’ll just hurt your head.” He commented for the last time and walked away from the door.

 

Jonghyun gawked. He really is speechless by the boy’s attics of talking back at him. He sighed.

 

This is going to be hard. He reminded himself. Idiot.

 

 

/////

 

 

Siwon on the other hand, was still at the hospital, being treated by his own sister. Plus nagging too.

 

“Seriously, how can you be so reckless, Siwon? You’re so lucky that it’s just a small injury and a broken leg.” Jiwon nagged, while reading her brother’s medical report.

 

“It’s nothing noona. I survive right?” he retorted.

 

Jiwon sighed.

 

“Yes, yes. You survived. Good. But, next time, please be careful.” She reminded him.

 

“I know…” Siwon mumbled, not minding to look at his sister.

 

“Alright, you’re okay now.” She put the last check on Siwon’s leg, “Come on. Let me help you back to your room.”

 

Siwon simply nodded. His sister took the walking stick and gives it to him. Together, they walked back towards the room. He’s limping but it doesn’t hurt much compare to the first time when he was brought there. The door opened slowly but they were surprise to realize there’s someone waiting inside. The said person turned when he heard the door. It’s Yesung.

 

“Who…”

 

“What are you doing here, hyung?” Siwon cuts off Jiwon’s question.

 

The two men glared at each other intensely. Gritting his teeth, Yesung dashed and without hesitation, punched Siwon straight on the face.

 

“AHHH!!” Jiwon shrieked out of shock.

 

Siwon fall hard onto the cold floor. Adding to the pain of his injuries, he couldn’t fight back. But, he still glared back at Yesung.

 

“That is for my baby girl.” He said coldly.

 

“Who are you?! How dare you hurt my brother! Don’t you have conscience?! He’s a patient!” Jiwon raged at him.

 

Yesung snorted, “So what?” he said, gaping Jiwon to hear that.

 

“You…”

 

“I’ve warn you, Siwon.”  Yesung ignored Jiwon and glared at the other man angrily, “Don’t ever try to hurt her. And yet…you dare to treat her like this.”

 

“I didn’t do anything to her.”Siwon daringly talked back.

 

“Didn’t do anything?” Yesung attacked again and crushed him onto the floor, “You hurt her, Choi Siwon.” He strengthened, “You break her heart.”

 

Yesung raised his hand once more and punched him again. Siwon whimpered in pain.

 

“Stop it!!” Jiwon panicked seeing it, “Get off my brother!” she ordered and pushed Yesung away.

 

Yesung backed away but, still nonchalantly looked at her. He turned towards Siwon.

 

“Be grateful that you’re injured Siwon. If not, I will kill you myself.” He threatened for the last time and  leave the room, leaving the spectators gawking at his action.

 

Jiwon was still confused. She heard a groan and quickly helped her brother walked back to the bed.

 

“Are you okay?” Siwon simply nodded to her question, “Who is that guy?”

 

Siwon was silence.

 

“Siwon, I’m asking you. Who is that man just now?” she persisted.

 

Siwon growled irritated, “He’s Sungmin’s childhood brother.” He replied.

 

Jiwon frowned deeper.

 

“Sungmin?” she repeated the name, “Why did he hit you then? There’s nothing bad happened right?” she questioned and slowly processed the reason behind that man’s action inside her head, “Wait, baby girl that she referred to…is it Sungmin?” she was right on the mark seeing the tense on Siwon’s expression.

 

Siwon nonchalantly turned away from her. He sighed. He feels exhausted by everything that happened. And now, he had to explain to Jiwon. Something that he really doesn’t want to remember much.

 

“Siwon?”

 

“We’ve break up, noona.” Siwon’s words instantly shut her down.

 

Jiwon’s eyes widened in shock, “What? Why?” she immediately asked.

 

Siwon ignored her and left the question unanswered. Jiwon becoming more annoyed.

 

“What the hell are you talking about, Choi Siwon? Answer my question properly. What kind of joke are you implying to? Why did you and Sungmin break up so suddenly? And why did he hit you?!” She boomed him with questions.

 

Siwon continued on ignoring her, like she’s not even exist there.

 

“Siwon!” Jiwon’s voice rose, so irritated by her brother’s attics.

 

Siwon ignored her completely and lies down on the bed. Jiwon groaned. But, just before she continues nagging, suddenly comes her mother and Sooyoung trailing from behind.

 

“My son, are you okay?” Jaekyung asked, “Does it still hurt?”

 

“Oppa…are you okay now?” Sooyoung added, getting closer towards Siwon.

 

“Urgh, mom please. I’m not a child.” Siwon pushed the concern hands away, “You too, Sooyoung.”  He reprimanded her.

 

“But oppa, I’m worried about you.” Sooyoung sulked.

 

“And I don’t need it.” He retorted, totally not in the mood of talking.

 

“What are you saying, Siwon? Sooyoung is here just for you. Shouldn’t you feel grateful?” Jaekyung nagged, “Sooyoung dear, take out the porridge and put it into a bowl.” She asked her.

 

Sooyoung smiled, “Yes, mother-nim.” She obeyed.

 

Jiwon frowned deeper, “Mother-nim? Since when did my mother adopt you into the family, Sooyoung?” she asked out loud.

 

All attention focused on her.

 

“What is your right to call her that? You are not even Siwon’s lover.” She rebutted.

 

Sooyoung smugly pouted.

 

“Jiwon, manner.” Her mother scolded and it angered Jiwon even more.

 

“Manner? What manner do you want me to show her, mother? What manner does a girl like her need?” she asked, and then something flashed through her, “Don’t tell me you’re the reason behind Siwon’s relationship.”

 

Jaekyung and Jiwon’s face changed by the correct guess.

 

Jiwon sneered, “I am right.” she exclaimed disbelief, “You’re behind Siwon’s breakup and you still dare to show your face here. What a .”

 

“Noona enough!” Siwon’s voice echoed inside the room.

 

Jiwon jumped by the sudden anger.

 

“This has nothing to do with you anymore. Stop caring.” He said, “Our relationship is over. No matter what you say, nothing will change and I don’t care whether you like it or not. So, stop bugging me.” he reprimanded.

 

Jiwon gaped at Siwon’s rebuttal. She turned to her mother and sees the smirk of triumph on her face. She groaned and frustrated left the room right away. It’s useless to talk more with them being there. Even though she’s still confused, she rather left than letting her head boils by the anger.

 

 

/////

 

 

“Baby girl.” Yesung called and she turned her head.

 

“Hyuk appa is arriving. Want to accompany me to the airport and surprise him?”

 

Sungmin’s smile brightened by his invitation but immediately shrinks back into a dull one.

 

“Will it be okay like this, Yeye?” she pointed to herself, “Appa will find out that I’m not working and he’ll ask about it. He will surely become curious. What should I told him by then?”

 

Yesung laughed at her innocent question.

 

“That’s why…” he trailed, “You will wear this.” His hand reached out to Sungmin and he wears a mask on Sungmin’s face.

 

Sungmin blinked.

 

“We just say that you caught a cold and I’m sure Hyuk appa will not going to ask anything else.” he reasoned, smiling proudly at his idea.

 

Slow and hesitant but a smile bloomed on Sungmin. He is right tho.

 

Agreed to Yesung’s suggestion, Sungmin wears the face mask and followed him to the airport. As predicted, Eunhyuk was surprised by her appearance. But, they succeeded in deceiving him about Sungmin’s condition. Eunhyuk was worried but he stopped asking further when he sees Sungmin coughing so painfully.

 

Meanwhile, Donghae and Ryeowook have just arrived at Sungmin’s apartment. Sungmin has requested them to take some of her clothes on her behalf and brings it back to the main house. They packed some of her things carefully inside a bag with the help from the maids they brings together. Ryeowook stares at the maids working and the surrounding of Sungmin’s apartment. She didn’t know about other people, but she couldn’t help but noticed something different about the atmosphere of the room.

 

“Wookie.”

 

“Ah.”

 

“What is it? What are you thinking about?” asked Donghae worriedly.

 

Ryeowook smiled and shook her head.

 

“There’s nothing, umma. It just…feels different.” She admitted.

 

“Different? What differs?”

 

Ryeowook once again lost in her thought.

 

“I didn’t see or feels any trace of Siwon’s presence in the house.”

 

“Ah.” Realization fills in Donghae’s head.

 

“I don’t know whether it’s just me or not. But, it feels like there’s not even a memory of Siwon left in the house. Like he has never been here before. Like it was so different than the previous time when they are still together.” She expressed her thought.

 

“She throws everything away?” Donghae guessed.

 

Ryeowook’s expression devastated, “Probably.” She concluded.

 

Donghae also has her expression bitter by the truth. It seems that more than the outer appearance that was showed by Sungmin, it was a lot painful than what they thought of. After that, they continued packing and cleaning up everything quickly before Eunhyuk reached home.

 

 

/////

 

 

Everyone who knew about Sungmin’s relationship completely hid the fact from anyone else after that. No one ever talk about Sungmin or mention about that matter anymore. Kyuhyun also…even he knew that Sungmin is still not okay, he decided to understand her decision of staying silent. At the same time, he also never leaves Sungmin’s side anymore. Said that he’s selfish for stealing the opportunity, he didn’t care anymore. Other people can talk but for him, he’ll protect Sungmin using his own way. And so did with other people around Sungmin. They promised to each other that, they will stay together with Sungmin through thick and thin.

 

Sungmin also stayed at her parents’ house ever since. Eunhyuk still didn’t know anything and clueless about her break up. He tried to ask about Sungmin, noticing her strange attitude recently, but almost every time the daughter will change the subject into something else. Truthfully, Sungmin herself didn’t feel good to continue on lying to her father but she’s really afraid to see his reaction if he knew about it.

 

She knew that her father’s temper is not something could be making a little of. She had seen the anger few times before and it pained her heart just to remember it. She also knew, it will be worse if he found out later but, she’s really afraid. That’s why even knowing the consequence, Sungmin remained silent of her break up.

 

A week passed in blink of an eye. One day, Jiwon went to see Sungmin. She waited outside of the café for Sungmin to come. She knew Sungmin will come. She just didn’t have the courage to meet up with Sungmin’s friends. She sort of knew what kind of look they will give her because of her relationship with Siwon.

 

“Sungmin.” she called and quickly approached the said person when she sees her.

 

Surprise was clearly written on Sungmin’s face. She didn’t expect to meet and especially didn’t want to see Jiwon there.

 

“Ji…Jiwon unnie.” Sungmin shuttered.

 

Jiwon could see it distinctly that Sungmin is trying to avoid her. But, she needs to know. She wants to know the truth from about what has happened.

 

“Can we talk Sungmin?” she gently requested.

 

Silence.

 

“Just for a while.” Jiwon quickly added, “I promise.”

 

Sungmin’s eyes are still looking at the floor only. But, slow and hesitantly, she nodded.

 

Jiwon unconsciously smiles out of relief. Sungmin invites her inside her café. She can feel her friends’ gasps of astonishment upon recognizing Jiwon but she ignores it. She took Jiwon to one table, at the corner, quite secluded from other people.

 

“Have a seat first, unnie. I’ll get us something.”

 

“Sungmin, it’s fine.”

 

 “No, unnie.” Sungmin fast to recline, “Please let me do this.” She said and quickly walked away without waiting for any reply.

 

Jiwon can only watch as Sungmin left. She knew she had to be patient. Sungmin’s reaction is something she already predicted even before she made the decision to come. She knew that Sungmin is hurting too.

 

“Are you okay, Sungminie?” asked Ryeowook straight away, the moment when Sungmin approached them.

 

Sungmin faintly hummed. Her hands still busy preparing for two cups of tea. Ryeowook and the others looked at each other worriedly by the short reply.

 

“Unnie, please don’t force yourself.” Taemin butts in, “If you don’t want to see her, we can help you to talk to her.” she offered.

 

Sungmin turned towards them and smiled thinly.

 

“I’ll be fine, Tae. Don’t worry.” She assured her with a pat on her cheek, “I know you’ll back me up right?” she added, referring to all her friends.

 

After the last assurance, Sungmin took the tray and went back to the awaiting Jiwon. She’s nervous to hear what is she going to say, but she also didn’t have the heart to chase her away. So, she decided to gather up her courage and face it. After serving the tea, they stayed silent looking at the table. It’s getting fewer customers inside the café, so, it becomes eerie silent between them.

 

“Please forgive Siwon, Sungmin.” Jiwon started to speak first, “Siwon is…already regretting. Please accept him back to you.”

 

She looked straight into Sungmin’s eyes, pleading. Sungmin has her solemn expression looking at Jiwon. She’s unsure of what kind of reaction she should give by her pleading. Slowly, she took a deep breath and heaves it out.

 

“Why are you doing this, unnie?” her voice whispered, “Why is it you who come to apologize to me?”

 

A pain stabbed Jiwon by the question. Her expression fell as the guilt started to overwhelm her. But, she still didn’t want to give up trying.

 

“I’m sure he didn’t mean whatever he said to you. I’m sure that he loves you so much. Please believe in me, Sungmin. He loves you, just give him a chance to prove it.” she continued.

 

There’s persistent in Jiwon’s eyes looking at Sungmin. The younger heaved out a faint sigh.

 

“Did you know what he actually says to me, unnie?” Sungmin speaks again.

 

“Eh? What do you mean?” Jiwon asked back, confusing.

 

A sad smile formed on Sungmin’s lips.

 

“He didn’t tell you and yet, you still come here to apologize on his behalf? You really are a kind sister.” She praised, but more to mocking actually, “But, I don’t think…I can accept him again, not this easily.”

 

“But Sungmin…”

 

“My heart hurts unnie.”

 

Jiwon was shut up instantly.

 

“He…who I love so much, hurts me.” she specified, “You didn’t see or hear what he said to me at that night. You didn’t know…how much hatred he had for me. Everything hurts me so much.” Sungmin confessed getting teary by her own statement.

 

“I’m sorry…” Jiwon apologized again.

 

Sungmin shook her head and fakes a smile.

 

“It’s not your fault unnie. Please stop saying sorry. I don’t want you to feel guilty for something that wasn’t even your fault to begin with. I don’t want any more people to get involved in this matter.” She told her.

 

Jiwon’s heart breaks to hear Sungmin’s statement. Silence once again engulfs their conversations. It seems that Jiwon’s effort is going nowhere by the pleas from Sungmin.

 

“Is it over then?” she tried to ensure.

 

Sungmin’s eyes looked into hers. She gulped bitterly.

 

“He’s disgusted with me, unnie.” Sungmin’s voice resonates softly.

 

Jiwon widened, dumfounded to hear that.

 

“He didn’t even spare me a time to explain anything. He’s the one who first to say to end this, not me. So…” once again, Sungmin turned her eyes away, “I don’t think there is anything for us to talk about anymore. It’s already over.” She said the bitter truth.

 

Jiwon’s heart clenched painfully.

 

“But, Sungmin. Give him a chance.” She pleads, “I’m sure he’s regretting his decision by now. Just give him one more chance.”

 

Jiwon pleaded desperately. She really didn’t want to lose Sungmin for her brother. She knew it was just a misunderstanding between the two of them. But Sungmin, has been hurt enough. After the silence, Sungmin’s head move left and right in slow motion, denying.

 

“I’m sorry, unnie.” She apologized.

 

“Ah, Sungmin…”

 

“He…never give a reason to love him before but now, he himself has already decided a reason why we should end this. So, I don’t think it is alright anymore. I think I don’t even have any right to give him any chance, unnie.” She explained carefully.

 

Jiwon was silence looking at Sungmin. She’s really sad to know Sungmin’s decision.

 

“I’m sorry for wasting your time, unnie. But please…I’m begging you…” Sungmin lowered her head, “Please don’t come here anymore.”

 

“Ah.”

 

“I don’t want to remember anything. I really want to forget the pain. I don’t think I will able to do so if you are still here with me.” She reasoned.

 

Jiwon was really restless now. Just as she is still processing Sungmin’s word, once again she become anxious when suddenly she sees Sungmin stood up from her seat.

 

“It’s over, unnie.” Sungmin said for the last time and took a step forward.

 

“Sungmin wait!”

 

Sungmin’s movement paused.

 

“Don’t you love Siwon?”

 

“Ah.” Sungmin tensed.

 

“Aren’t you going to fight back your love? Does everything happened between you and him before are just some plays? Are you really going to let this end so cowardly?” Jiwon continued, without realizing the tears swelled in Sungmin’s eyes.

 

But, just before anything, suddenly comes a black shadow covered Sungmin and pulled her into an embrace. Both Sungmin and Jiwon were astonished by the sudden appearance.

 

“It’s your brother who’s the coward one, miss.”

 

Sungmin instantly recognized the voice.

 

“Kyu.” She called.

 

Kyuhyun’s grip on Sungmin’s body tightened but, gentle all the same.

 

“He chose to end this without listening to Sungmin’s explanation. He said those horrible things that no one supposed to say. And it was he who chose to end everything, not Sungmin. So, don’t you dare say that Sungmin’s act is cowardly.” Kyuhyun glared at her, angry.

 

“But…”

 

“I requested you nice and politely to leave now, miss. Never come again if you could. Never even make any contact with Sungmin anymore. The more time my friend here sees you, the more pain she felt. And I really hated it. I don’t care who are you but I will never forgive anyone who dare to hurt Sungmin.” Kyuhyun openly threatened the woman, even though he is completely aware that Jiwon is older than him.

 

Jiwon opened to retort but to close it again before saying anything. She looked at Sungmin in the man’s embrace one more time. Sungmin had her face hidden behind Kyuhyun’s coat. Both of her hands were holding onto Kyuhyun’s sleeves, strong and desperately. A faint sigh escaped from her lips. She finally realized that her effort is useless now.

 

“I understand.” She said, and slowly stands up, “I’m sorry Sungmin.”

 

Jiwon apologized for the last time and leave with heavy steps. The tense situation finally cleared up. Kyuhyun let go a sigh that he’s been holding. Sungmin’s friends also did the same. They have been watching and were extremely relieved for Kyuhyun’s bravery of stepping forward. They themselves are already on verge of exploding by the woman’s casual remark. They can’t believe that she could say something like that to Sungmin. She just doesn’t understand anything the pain that Sungmin felt.

 

Sungmin still had her face buried on Kyuhyun’s chest. Gently, Kyuhyun let go of the hands that has been hugging Sungmin. The girl move and turned her head upwards looking at the man. Kyuhyun grinned. 

 

“You’re okay?” he asked.

 

Sungmin had her eyes blinked few times before she finally nodded. She took a step away, already calmed down.

 

“What are you doing here, Kyu? Aren’t you supposed to go home?” she changed the subject.

 

“I did, but I come here again.” He replied reluctantly.

 

“Eh? Why?”

 

Kyuhyun smiled. Seeing how cute Sungmin’s head tilted to the side like that, he can see now that Sungmin is still the same cute Sungmin he knew.

 

“Mom wants me to come and fetch you. We’re having a meat party tonight.”

 

“Meat party? With who? For what?”

 

“With everyone. All of you are invited too!” Kyuhyun announced for Sungmin’s friends to hear.

 

Their eyes brightened almost immediately to hear such thing from Kyuhyun’s mouth.

 

“But, Kyu…” Sungmin whined, “What’s the occasion? Why should there be a meat party out of sudden?”

 

Kyuhyun laughed.

 

“Oh Sungmin, stop thinking too much.” He joked, patting Sungmin’s head amidst a little kid, “There’s no special occasion. My dad just want to spend his money and he absolutely don’t mind spending it all just for you.” he explained.

 

Sungmin pouted.

 

“He also has already invited everyone that is close to you.” Kyuhyun added.

 

“Everyone?”

 

“Yes, everyone especially your appa and umma.”

 

“Ah, they’re coming?” Sungmin’s voice cheered up a little by the information.

 

Kyuhyun nodded, “They promised to meet you there, at my dad’s though. And I’m sure they’re waiting by now. That is why, they, the parents, sent me here to come and take you to join us.”

 

Sungmin’s expression was still confused. There’s frown on her forehead, clearly shows that she didn’t understand Kyuhyun’s explanation at all.

 

“Also, hyung said he’s got a big surprise for you.”

 

“Surprise? What surprise?” asked Sungmin again.

 

But, instead of replying, Kyuhyun shrugged, “You just have to come and see it for yourself.” He reasoned.

 

“But, I’m still wearing my work clothes.” Sungmin made excuses, and once again affected a laugh from Kyuhyun.

 

“Seriously, Ming…” he trailed, “I think Wookie can handle that part, right?”

 

“Eh?” Sungmin right away turned behind and she sees Ryeowook already smiling wide.

 

“There’s a change of clothes if you want, Sungminie. We’ve always keep one, remember?” she voluntarily explained.

 

“See?”

 

The pout on Sungmin’s lips grew longer.

 

“Unfair. You’re all ganging up on me.” she complained.

 

They all laughed at Sungmin’s cuteness. Though Sungmin still confuse with the sudden invitation, she couldn’t argue much about it.

 

“So, is it settled then?” Kyuhyun asked.

 

Sungmin nodded.

 

“All of your questions answered?”

 

She nodded again.

 

Kyuhyun satisfyingly smiled, “Good. Now, all we need to do is to wait for you.”

 

He and Sungmin smiled to each other happily.

 

 

/////

 

 

“Teukie unnie!”

 

That is the first thing that caught Sungmin’s attention among the crowd of people upon arrived at the said meat party. The said person smiled brightly at her and opened up her arms. Hurriedly, Sungmin dashed and jumped into the hug.

 

“I miss you so much!!” she exclaimed happily, didn’t even hide the happiness she felt.

 

Leeteuk laughed. She patted the younger’s back few times.

 

“Well, I miss you so much too.” Their hug detached.

 

Leeteuk cupped Sungmin’s face into her hands lovingly, a gesture to which never fail to calm Sungmin.

 

“I’m sorry I couldn’t come back earlier Sungminie.” She apologized.

 

Sungmin shook her head.

 

“It’s okay.” She hugged her again, “You’re here now.” She mumbled into her shirt.

 

Leeteuk faintly sighed. Sungmin is right. She is here now.

 

“Alright. Alright.” Came Eunhyuk’s voice interrupting their lovely reunion, “It’s time to eat, baby girl.” He announced, showing a plate of meat in his hand.

 

Sungmin smiled brightly.

 

“Okay, appa!”

 

The parents automatically smiled seeing Sungmin’s happiness. That’s the main purpose all along. Eunhyuk feels grateful to the Cho’s family to hold such occasion for her daughter. He has been talking with them a lot lately about Sungmin’s strange attitude. They all noticed how sullen Sungmin looked but they couldn’t figure out anything. Donghae did her best to hide the fact even though she knew it’s wrong to lie to her own husband.

 

“Minho is here?” Sungmin questioned, blinking cutely like a little girl.

 

“Hi? Hehehe…” Minho waved and grinned awkwardly.

 

“Why?” Sungmin turned the question to Kyuhyun, “I thought you say it was supposed to be MY close friends.” She strengthened.

 

Kyuhyun chuckled, “Apparently, he promoted himself to be one. I couldn’t deny much about it, right?”

 

Sungmin pouted.

 

“Oh, Minnie. Don’t make a big deal out of it. It is meat party right? P.A.R.T.Y.” he spelled jokingly.

 

Everyone laughed at his joke. Even though his reasoning doesn’t make any sense, there’s nothing Sungmin can argue to him about. Sungmin and her friends had a blast that night. They eat to their heart content, forgetting all the problems they had. Sungmin is of course the happiest. She not only got all her loved ones gathered, but also able to ease her painful thought a little bit. She’s really thankful for the parents’ kindness, which includes her parents, the Chos and Kims also.

 

Moreover, reunited with Leeteuk means a lot to her. Both of them had a long nice chat with each other that night in Sungmin’s room. Sungmin confessed openly to her about what actually happened to her in the past week. She admitted of feeling hurt and tired by what happened. She even tells her about Jiwon’s sudden visit that afternoon. Leeteuk carefully listened to her story without interruption. She being the doctor of the younger has somehow accustomed to Sungmin’s situation. She knew that all Sungmin wants is for someone to listen to her story only.

 

When she finished, Leeteuk embraced her tightly and gives her the warmth that she needs. Sungmin falls asleep that night having the sweetest dream ever. Though at midnight, she still wakes up to some nightmare, she feels relieved when she realized Leeteuk is there sleeping next to her. Smiling brightly like a child, Sungmin snuggled closer to Leeteuk’s warmth and once again falls asleep. For now, without her father knowing, Sungmin wants to keep the feelings inside. Just for that moment, before it revealed.

 

 

 

 

TBC

 

 

~~I don’t understand the progress either, sorry in advance~~