I LOVE YOU TOO CHAPTER 33

I Love You Too

CHAPTER 33

 

Later that evening, just before they closed, a luxurious red car drives fast and parked right in front of the café. The door opened and a y woman in one piece dress walked out gracefully towards them. Everyone stared in awe didn’t even realize their mouth hang open.

 

“Chullie mama?!” Sungmin was the first to greet her and shock everyone.

 

Mama?! This woman is a mother?! They screamed the question inside.

 

The woman smiled brightly, “BABY GIRL!” She opened up her arms and hugged Sungmin tight.

 

Sungmin blinked and quickly detached herself from the tight hug.

 

“What…what are you doing here? I mean…no…what are you wearing mama?!” Sungmin scolded out loud.

 

The woman, Han Heechul laughed by the question.

 

“What? What’s wrong with my outfit? I look hot, right?” she winked playfully.

 

The others unconsciously nodded still gaping at her. But, Sungmin only frowned harder.

 

“No you are not hot.” Sungmin quickly protested, “You’re seriously too y for goodness sake, Chullie mama! What if you’re attacked by some creeper or something?” She retorted.

 

Despite of being really happy with the arrival of the woman, Sungmin was annoyed with the fact that the clothes she’s wearing is totally so HOT for every eyes to see. The mother is a beauty, and yet it was so inappropriate. She can almost see the remaining customer’s eyes bugging watching her. 

 

“Well, it’s not my fault then. Blame them all on my beauty.” She retorted proudly.

 

Sungmin’s eyes narrowed in reflex. She sighed.

 

“Anyway, I…”              

 

“MAMA?!” A loud voice suddenly called.

 

They all turned in sync to see a burning Yesung and astonished Ryeowook by the kitchen door.

 

“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU WEARING?!”

 

Heechul laughed, “And here’s my conservative boy.” She exclaimed, doesn’t feel affected at all by her son’s anger.

 

 

/////

 

 

“Why didn’t you tell us anything about you’re coming here, Chullie mama?” Ryeowook asked, taking a seat beside Heechul.

 

After the sudden appearance at the café, she, Heechul, Yesung and Sungmin are now at Yesung’s house. They closed the café earlier than scheduled and plan for family dinner instead. And yet, ever since from the café until now, Yesung and Sungmin were still throwing dagger at her.

 

“Well, I want to make it a surprise.” She responded to Ryeowook, “And I seem to succeed in that.” she smirked eyeing the other two.

 

Yesung and Sungmin scoffed.

 

“So much with surprise.” They mumbled unsatisfyingly, in absolute sync.

 

Ryeowook and Heechul laughed softly by their sulking.

 

“Oh, come on you two. Stop being so conservative.” She criticized them, “Your baba has no problem in my clothing. I don’t understand why you must be so angry at me so much.”

 

Yesung and Sungmin glared deeper at her.

 

“Just because baba approve, doesn’t mean you have to go around looking like that, mama.” Yesung retorted, “Please remember your age for once. Ouch!” he cried immediately when a hand pinch him hard on the arms.

 

“Repeat…what…you just…said…son…” Heechul warned, with her hand still pinching Yesung’s, hard.

 

“OUCH! SORRY! I’M SORRY!” Yesung begged for his life to be spare.

 

Heechul twisted her pinch and harshly pulled away, making him cried in pain.

 

“AHH!!” Yesung instantly backed away, rubbing the pain away, “You’re…” and his words once again stopped by the glare from the mother.

 

Sungmin and Ryeowook can only laughed watching the mother and son interaction. It never fails to amuse them in any way.

 

“Alright then, enough talking, you, go.” Heechul suddenly ordered, giving out a coat to Yesung.

 

“What?” the son asked back.

 

“What do you mean what? Go. You need to buy us some dinner.”

 

“Wha…why…”

 

“No excuse!” Heechul fast stopped him in the face, “This is your house and the fridge is empty. You can’t expect us to cook something without any ingredients right?” she retorted.

 

“But, mama…”

 

“Buy some meat, lots of meat. We’re having grill tonight. And some vegetables to wrap too. Add chicken too, I want to make something healthy for your baba. Also, fruits, don’t you ever forget to buy any or I’ll kill you.” She threatened and didn’t give any chance for Yesung to talk back at all.

 

Yesung gaped. He turned to Ryeowook and Sungmin behind, but the girls only shrugged.

 

“What are you waiting for? Get going, shush, go. I’m starving.”

 

“MAMA!” Yesung protested aloud.

 

But in the end, he followed the orders. Ryeowook volunteered to go too but quickly stopped by Heechul. Of course, she did that on purpose to irritate her son. After Yesung was gone, they had a seat and talked while waiting.

 

“What are you doing, Ryeowookie. Come and sit down.” Heechul called, patting the chair beside her.

 

“Ah but, I need to prepare…”

 

“It can wait. Come. You’re the main character for today.” She cuts her off.

 

“Em…em…Chullie mama is right.” Sungmin agreed, nodded few times.

 

Ryeowook laughed softly, “Okay…” she walked towards them and sit down.

 

After Ryeowook fully seated, she served them some tea and dessert that she was preparing. Heechul stares at them long without saying anything.

 

“Chullie mama?”

 

“Ah, yes?”

 

“Are you okay? You’ve been staring at us.” Ryeowook questioned.

 

“Why, Chullie mama? Did I have something on my face?” Sungmin touched her face to trace for something in case.

 

Heechul chuckled softly by the question especially since Ryeowook also copied the same action of Sungmin’s.

 

“No, my sweet daughter, there’s nothing on your face. Both of you are still the prettiest.”

 

Sungmin smiled brightly by the praise.

 

“I’m just remembering things from our past.” She started explaining, “Seeing both of you here, all grown up and beautiful make me thinking on how many years has passed. Just yesterday both of you so cute wearing school uniform, and now in few months, you’ll be wearing a wedding dress instead.” She caressed Sungmin’s cheek gently.

 

Sungmin purred, relaxed by the touch.

 

“It seems like it was just yesterday the first time when I met you.”

 

Ryeowook and Sungmin listened tentatively.

 

“Sungmin…my sweet baby pumpkin.” she called with a smile still, “You…who didn’t know a thing about me. A stranger to me. But, on our first meeting, you gave me the prettiest smile ever. I was enchanted, you know.”

 

Sungmin laughed softly, “Funny mama. You love to exaggerate things.”

 

“Hey, it’s true.” Heechul retorted straightaway, “I am captivated when I met you, baby girl.” She affirmed.

 

Flashback.

 

Heechul was standing by the deck with winds blowing her hairs swiftly.

 

“Miss?”

 

She turned by the touch from someone.

 

“Here, you dropped this.” A younger version of Sungmin handed her a small purse.

 

“Ah, thank you. I didn’t realize that it went missing.” She took the purse from Sungmin hand.

 

“I saw it dropped near the stairs. I was about to call but, you’re too fast on walking.” She reasoned, smiling awkwardly.

 

Heechul stares softly at the girl, “Thank you so much again, little girl. Should I treat you to something?” she suggested.

 

Sungmin quickly shook her head, “No, it’s okay.” she reclined, “I’m just helping. Also, it’s nice meeting you, miss. You’re beautiful.” Sungmin sincerely complimented, and Heechul’s heart melted by the smile.

 

Flashback end.

 

“You make me smile to just remember it again.” Heechul praised.

 

“I didn’t do anything special mama. I just give back what is yours.”

 

“Maybe for you it was. But for me, that’s my memorable moment ever.”

 

Sungmin and Ryeowook smiled back at her, with the same sincerity.

 

“And you,” she reached for Ryeowook’s hand and holds it firmly, “I really glad that you’re exist for my baby turtle.” She said.

 

Ryeowook laughed, “He found me, mama.”

 

“Really? He told me that you found him instead.” She retorted and her expression softened, “I still remember the old days when I met you. The fire and determination in your eyes in protecting Sungmin makes me proud so much. I remembered that Sungmin used to hide behind you, trembling in fear. You were so strong to not cry and protected her. I saw the special bond that both of you share with each other and fell in love with it. Both of you make me realize that…blood related or not, love is all that matter in a relationship. I’m glad.” She expressed her feelings long.

 

“Oh mama, you’re exaggerating again. It was us who were lucky to have met you. You have helped us a lot in these past years, right Sungminie?”

 

Sungmin nodded eagerly, “Wookie is right, mama. And we are going to be family soon. Isn’t it better.”

 

“And that’s another story.”

 

“Eh?”

 

“I never thought that my Yesungie will be in love with Wookie in the first place.”

 

“Eh? Why?” they questioned their mind out loud.

 

“Well, he met with Sungmin first and both of you were so close with each other. I was almost sure that he’s in love with Sungmin with all the caring and protectiveness he showed. But suddenly, he came to me and confessed that Ryeowook is his girlfriend. Me and your baba were really shock, you know. We didn’t expect that sort of outcome.”

 

“Just because of that?”

 

Heechul nodded by Sungmin’s assurance.

 

“Because it is just that that we are surprised, baby girl.” Heechul patted Sungmin’s head gently, “He never admitted of loving any other girl except you before. He never even looks at them. But then again, he is always the odd one among other people, so we accept it.” Heechul sighed, a sign of giving up.

 

The girls giggled by her long nagging.

 

“You’re funny, mama.” They commented.

 

Heechul smiled at them, “Maybe I am. But, I’m happy.” She professed, “I’m very happy for this engagement and I’m happy for our future together.” She said straight from her heart.

 

Ryeowook feels touched by the statement. She went forward and embraced Heechul. Sungmin also followed doing the same.

 

“We love you too, mama.” They said together, planting a kiss on her cheeks on each side.

 

They smiled at each other, feeling totally contented.

 

“Anyway, I am still angry!” suddenly she exclaimed, surprised the girls.

 

She took Ryeowook’s hand, “Look at this ring! Such a small diamond!” she complained, “Is he trying to embarrass me or what?”

 

Ryeowook’s laughter erupted, “Oh mama, you almost give me a heart attack.” She joked.

 

“But, Wookie dear, this is so shameful. How could he buy you such a small diamond ring for the engagement? He got all the money to buy even more expensive ring than this, dear. And yet, he still chose this cheap ring.” She nagged, unsatisfied with everything.

 

“And you, you should complained too!” she lectured Ryeowook who was still laughing.

 

“Yeah, Chullie mama is right, Wookie. Why are you so calm with everything? Don’t you want something even better?” Sungmin siding with Heechul, also showing her dissatisfaction after so long.

 

Ryeowook gave them a wide smile, “This is enough, mama.” replied Ryeowook softly, her gaze softened touching the ring on her hand.

 

Heechul and Sungmin pouted, sulking by her reaction.

 

“I am grateful with this. Actually, I am very happy.” She confessed, “This is my design that I first showed oppa when we date for the first time. I was really happy that he remembered after so long and embraced it into a very and even a better ring than my design.” She explained.

 

Heechul and Sungmin were surprised by the explanation. They smirked at each other.

 

“Sentimental…they are so sentimental, Chullie mama.” Sungmin teased.

 

“So true~~” Heechul sang, also teasing her.

 

Ryeowook smiles shyly together with the others laughter. They talked some more about the incoming wedding and the preparation needed. It was a good thing to send Yesung alone doing the errand because they can get more girls bonding. Meanwhile for Ryeowook, she has always been thankful to be introduced to Yesung’s family. They accepted the normal her and love her the way she is. And with addition to Sungmin’s family, she has been even better.

 

After that, the girls waited for Yesung to come back while doing some other preparation for the dinner. The door rang after some time. Heechul opened the door to Yesung’s house and a boy standing in front of her. A boy that she knew so much.

 

“Chullie mama!” Sungjin exclaimed loudly and hugged Heechul tight.

 

Heechul laughed and patted the boy’s back few times.

 

“Did you miss me?”

 

“Well, of course.” He responded, “You look stunning again today, mama.”

 

Heechul suddenly let out a sigh after the compliment, “Finally.” She said.

 

“Eh? What finally?”

 

“Yeah, finally there’s someone who sincerely notice my beauty. Since I arrive here, I got nothing but scolding.” She sulked.

 

Sungjin laughed, “Let me guess. Did Yeye and Minnie unnie disapproved?” Heechul nodded, pouting like a child.

 

“Oh, ignore them mama. You’re the most beautiful mama I ever know. Despite their opinion, aren’t my opinion is a lot matter?”

 

“Hahaha...you’re right. I’m so glad to have you on my side.”

 

“Are we going to just stand here?” suddenly a voice interrupted their conversation.

 

Donghae who was also there eyeing them with a stare. Heechul and Sungjin laughed to see the reaction. Without further ado, they walked inside the house together.

 

“Where’s Hyuk, Hae? Aren’t you supposed to come together?”

 

“Ah, he met up with Geng oppa downstairs and talking about something. I knew it will be long, so we left them first.”

 

“Good choice on that.”

 

The wife smiles at each other. They decided to have a family reunion after all. With both of the family presented, more stories were talked about and of course Sungmin was the happiest.

 

 

/////

 

 

Sungmin’s phone rang, again. Quickly, she got up from her seat and answered the call.

 

“Hello, oppa?” and she left the room, to find some privacy.

 

Heechul’s eyes narrowed while watching her.

 

“Is she always this busy?” she asked, noticing the non-stop ringing of Sungmin’s phone ever since the dinner.

 

Ryeowook shrugged by the question.

 

“She’s a workaholic, mama that’s why.” Yesung answered the question on behalf.

 

“Because I know she is like that I am this worry. I thought she is supposed to change with the arrival of a lover.” She spoke up her inner thought.

 

“But she never changed. And we can never force her anything, Chullie unnie. You know that.”

 

And Heechul nodded, agreeing to what Donghae said.

 

“Anyway, about the wedding, have you decided the date, Yesung?” Hangeng asked, changed the topic easily.

 

Yesung nodded.

 

“2 months from now on. I’ve book the hall reservation and everything. What is left was the decoration.”

 

“Decoration? Who’s going to do it?” Donghae was excited to hear something that she likes.

 

Yesung chuckled, “It’s you and mama, Hae-umma.” He stated and the mothers cheered altogether.

 

“What do you want for your wedding, Wookie dear?” they turned the topic to Ryeowook next.

 

“Well…” Ryeowook thought long, “You have to ask Sungmin about that. She got a hold of my plan book.” She gave them a grin.

 

“We’ll ask her then.” The mother said in perfect sync.

 

It was the first wedding to happen in their family, of course they were excited. They have always been closed to each other and the upcoming wedding will make them even closer. Furthermore, they have been waiting for the moment since ages ago. If it was Heechul, she would want to force the wedding even way after they finished school but her son was so old-fashioned and declined the idea.

 

She, having no other choice, followed the decision. But, always and every time she will nag about the wedding to her son whenever she had the time to do so.

 

“Appa...can you drop me by the office before we went home after this?” Sungmin suddenly requested after coming back from answering the call.

 

Everyone turned to look at her at the same time.

 

“Yeah, sure. But why?” Eunhyuk replied, but questioned back fast after that.

 

“I want to take some files.”

 

And the parents frowned.

 

“Files?” Heechul and Donghae repeated the word, sounding annoyed.

 

Sungmin knew what the meaning behind the tone, surely.

 

“Oh umma…don’t give me that look.” She whined, “I just want to take some files at the office. There will be an important meeting tomorrow. Kangin-oppa wanted me to review it first before it held. And even if he didn’t tell me so, I will do it. It’s my job.” Sungmin explained but the mothers were still frowning.

 

“You told me that you’re not going to overwork yourself again.” Donghae retorted.

 

“And I did not.” She rebutted quickly.

 

They sulked, pouting like a child. Sungmin sighed. She went closer to the mothers and embraced them.

 

“I promise that I will not make myself collapsed, ever again.” She swore, smiling her best.

 

“Collapsed?!” they repeated the last word in loud voice, “Yeobo!” they turned to their spouse, obviously didn’t accept the promise.

 

“Yeah! What do you mean not until you collapsed?” and Eunhyuk butts into the argument, angry.

 

Sungmin groaned. In the end, she was surrounded by the parents and was nagged terribly. Even the silent Hangeng join in the nagging part. They were all love and worry about her, but sometimes, it was too much for Sungmin’s heart to handle.

 

“Poor noona.” Sungjin commented a bit far from them, not without a mischievous smile on him though.

 

Yesung also laughed softly, “Aren’t you supposed to be the guardian protecting the maiden in damsel, Sungjin? She needs help you know.” He stated, but with sarcasm in the tone.

 

“Hahaha…no thank you.” quickly, he denied, “I don’t want to burn my ears to hear them nagging.”

 

Yesung and he laughed, shaking hands with each other creating a truce. Ryeowook can only shook her head by the situation. True, no one dare to go against the parents and Sungmin was just ‘lucky’ enough to get selected as their source of worry. But, it was their family alright. Nothing can be compare from that.

 

 

/////

 

 

On the next day, after finished her work fast, Sungmin take a short break from the office. She volunteered to send off her brother, Sungjin that day, at the airport. His vacation has ended and he needed to go back to school again. And of course, Henry and Amber were also together.

 

“Aren’t you sick of each yet?” Sungjin mocked at Henry and Amber as soon as they were seen to arrive together.

 

Henry rolled his eyes, “I don’t.” he rebutted, didn’t feel affected at all by the sarcasm.

 

Only Amber blushed madly by the teasing talk from both boys. She went to Sungmin’s side and talk to her instead.

 

“Unnie, only you sending Sungjin today?” asked Amber to Sungmin.

 

“Em. Umma and appa got something to do on their own. Moreover, I can’t just let my favorite dongsaeng to leave the country without a proper goodbye right?”

 

Amber laughed softly when Sungmin pinched her cheek.

 

“Hehehe…thank you.” she thanked happily.

 

“Alright, it’s done.” Kyuhyun came, “This is your passport.” He passed around the tickets and passports to the youngsters.

 

“Thanks Kyuhyun hyung.”

 

“Are all your things ready?” they nodded.

 

“Ah yes, here. Before I forget.” Sungmin handed a paper bag to Sungjin, “I packed your favorite dishes, safely secured. Also…this is for Amber.” She gave another paper bag to Amber.

 

The girl took it, blankly staring at Sungmin.

 

“It’s pear juice. I made it last night for you.” Sungmin said, and it immediately makes Amber smile the widest, “It’s good for the throat.”

 

“Thank you unnie!” she crushed Sungmin into a hug, “I love you so much!”

 

“Hehehe…I love you too, Amber dear.” She admitted, openly.

 

“What about me, noona? Don’t I get something?” Henry sulked, trying his luck.

 

And fast, he got a slow slap from Kyuhyun, “Ouch!” he cried in pain, “What did I do, hyung?” he whined.

 

Kyuhyun glared at him, “Be serious, Henry.” He told the lad.

 

Henry growled. Sungmin just laugh to see the bickering. She didn’t mind Henry’s question actually. It was not her first time.

 

“You boys share the dishes that I make together. I’ve made enough for everyone.” she informed, answering him.  

 

“Okay…” they responded with the same straight tone.

 

Ting…

 

The announcement was heard, a sign for them to get on board.

 

“Ready to go?” asked Kyuhyun and they all nodded altogether.

 

Sungmin’s lips puckered into a pout, “There are still time though. Do you want to eat anything? Noona can buy it for you.” She suggested.

 

She didn’t feel like being apart from her brother yet. The youngsters laughed seeing the pout on Sungmin.

 

“Oh noona, don’t pout like that.” Sungjin embraced her, “I was just gone for a while.” He grinned widely, cupping Sungmin’s face firmly in his hands.

 

“I will be back in no time. Wookie’s noona is going to get married right?”

 

Unable to retort back to what he said, Sungmin just laughed and nodded.

 

“Call me as soon as you land.” She reminded and her brother nodded willingly.

 

After that, they take turn to hug Sungmin and said goodbye with the own version each. They waved happily at the elders and walked through the departure gate. Sungmin continued watching at the departure sign until she was sure all three dongsaengs disappeared from her sight. A faint sigh escaped from her after it was done.

 

“Need a hanky?” came Kyuhyun’s voice from the side, completely destroyed her sentimental moment.

 

She narrowed her eyes into tiny one, glaring at him, dissatisfied.

 

“Oh come on, Ming. They only went back to school not going to the army or a war.” Kyuhyun joked even more, teasing her.

 

Sungmin scoffed, “I know that.” she said with hand crossed on her chest.

 

She then started walking away from the place. Kyuhyun smirked. He was amused by Sungmin’s reaction and changed of moods. But, he quickly catches up with the girl before she went far from him. Standing side by side, they walked towards the car. They had another argument not soon after that. Kyuhyun was persistent for Sungmin to ride with him on the same car but Sungmin insisted to ride on her car alone.

 

“We’ll call the chauffer service and send your car back home. That’s it.” Kyuhyun strongly reasoned.

 

Sungmin jaw-dropped by the ridiculous reason she heard. Finally, due to lack of time, (plus a call from Kangin) Sungmin ended with Kyuhyun. They were going to the same destination after all.

 

 

/////

 

 

Kangin walked inside the meeting room and mouth hangs open.

 

“Hey, hyung.” Kyuhyun greeted him

 

“Ah, oppa. Good evening.” Sungmin also greeted him, casually since it already passed the working hours.

 

Kangin was still looking at them disbelief.

 

“What…are you…doing?” he asked, hesitantly, “Since when did my meeting room become a room for picnic.” He spurted the statement, sarcastically.

 

Kyuhyun and Sungmin grinned sheepishly by the bold remark. That afternoon, after finishing their work together, they decided to do some overtime by reviewing the upcoming project. In addition to that, Kyuhyun has offered himself to treat them for some chickens. That was how they ended up with what Kangin saw at that moment, picnicking and working at the same time.

 

“Alright! I’ve got some tissues! Ah!”

 

Sunny’s words immediately stopped upon meeting eyes with Kangin. It seems they were busted by their own CEO. She smiled awkwardly.

 

 “Chicken, sir?” she offered.

 

Kangin huffed a laugh.

 

“Seriously, you’re too much.” He commented but took the chicken nonetheless.

 

He joined them for the instant ‘picnic’ just like that. Finishing their work in a perfect teamwork, they decided to go home before the day reached midnight. The men offered to send Sungmin but Siwon make a special appearance instead, so, their intention was crushed like that. Lastly, Sungmin day ended with a kiss from Siwon and a sweet dream they shared together.

 

 

 

TBC