I LOVE YOU TOO CHAPTER 50

I Love You Too

 

 

CHAPTER 50 – WHAT’S UKNOWN

 

 

Sungmin wakes up the next morning with a terrible headache. She completely forgets everything that happened to her the other except the meeting and dinner with Minhyuk. Her umma nagged and it hurts her head even more. Her head lies on top of the table, still hurts and groaning in pain.

 

“My head hurts…” she cried.

 

“Who told you to drink so much?” Ryeowook scolded, “Here, I make some chicken soup.” She served it to her on the table.

 

Sungmin stares at the bowl and slammed her head on the table, regretting her last night decision. In slow motion, she takes a spoon and starts eating the soup. The hot steams comes out of the soup gradually clears her headache little by little. She looks at her father beside with the corner of her eyes. He’s reading a newspaper but Sungmin clearly understood that it is Eunhyuk’s sign of protest. If not, he will never let her alone eating. It is understandable considering to what she did last night.

 

“You seem to have an enjoyable night, Sungminie.” Yesung remarked suddenly.

 

He walks into the kitchen and has his evil smile mode on.

 

Sungmin growled and turned her head up looking at him, “What do you mean?”

 

He put his phone towards Sungmin’s face. A video is playing in it. Sungmin’s eyes widened three times than normal as she grabbed the phone from him.

 

“1 + 1, gwiyomi. 2 + 2, gwiyomi. 3 + 3, gwiyomi. 4 + 4, gwiyomi. 5 +5, gwiyomi. 6 + 6, chup, chup, chup…gwiyomi!!~”

 

Sungmin’s face turned reddish almost instantly, horrified seeing himself ‘calculating’ like that.

 

“Wow! Is that you baby girl? Where did you get it, Yesung?” asked Eunhyuk, being suddenly interested.

 

Yesung smirked, “Kyuhyun sent it to me this morning. Nice video right appa?”

 

Eunhyuk nodded eagerly, “Send it to me.” He ordered.

 

“Okay.”

 

The two men converse with each other casually, ignoring Sungmin’s presence there. They could sense the horrid face Sungmin is making. But of course they did it on purpose. Sungmin’s head is already fuming in anger. Not saying anything, she pushes Yesung away and dashed her feet upstairs.

 

“CHO KYUHYUN I’LL KILL YOU!!! Aarggghhhhh!!” Sungmin’s shrieks echoed loudly inside the house shocked everyone completely except Eunhyuk and Yesung of course.

 

“What happen to Sungmin?!” Donghae rushed outside in panic with Ryeowook but Eunhyuk just giggles.

 

They are replaying Sungmin’s video again and again.

 

“Nothing.” They said and laughed.

 

The two women frowned in confusion. They didn’t understand at first but after some explanation finally they get it. Sungmin is totally furious at everything that happened. To make it worse, Kyuhyun purposely didn’t pick up her call every time. The video fast spread inside the household. Everyone watching had to hold out their laughter whenever they watch the video. They are afraid that Sungmin might find out plus, Sungmin is really annoyed at that moment.

 

Sungmin’s video spreads like a storm in a day, especially to the people that doted over her. In the end, when Kyuhyun is found, he is toasted badly by Sungmin’s wrath. He got not only kick and hit but also huge nagging. Kyuhyun didn’t feel any remorse at all by his action. He’s enjoying the moment instead. He really didn’t feel guilty of recording the video and spreading it. Sungmin hides away from the embarrassment and swore to never let anyone sees her in that state ever again. And, her one of the ways is by ignoring a person named Cho Kyuhyun.

 

 

/////

 

 

At the same time, the news of Sungmin’s resignation from Kim Corporation has just arrived to Kris. He is utterly shocked when he knew. He asked Kangin about it but he got only vague answer from the president.

 

“I’m sorry I couldn’t explain properly, Mr Wu.” Kangin apologized for the inconvenience, “It’s quite complicated.” He added.

 

Kris sighed and replied that he’s okay. But, honestly he has already decided to confront his own best friend about it. There’s no one else who could know about the matter than Sungmin’s father now. As expected, Eunhyuk’s expression instantly changed when Kris talked about Sungmin. He sighed and finally admitted to what actually happened to Kris. The man listened to the story and groaned in anger to know the details of it.

 

“His engagement is true then. I thought it was just rumors.” Kris said.

 

He once heard rumors from his business relations about the Choi’s engagement. He never thought for it to be true since Siwon never said anything about breaking up with Sungmin. Well, the latter didn’t exactly know his and Sungmin’s blood relationship, so, it is expected that he never talk about it with him.

 

“And now, what are you going to do?” Kris asked, still controlling his temper.

 

Eunhyuk heaved out a heavy sigh.

 

“Nothing.”

 

Kris gaped.

 

“Nothing? What do you mean nothing? Didn’t you confront with her? You must have check and make her settle for anything. She’s responsible for everything, Eunhyuk.” Reprimanded Kris.

 

Eunhyuk snorted at Kris’s words, “Confront? I couldn’t even put a finger on her, Kris. Sungmin and my wife told me not to do anything.”

 

“What?” Annoyance creeps into Kris, “Why would they…”

 

“Don’t ask me.” Eunhyuk raised his hand, a sign of not continue, “I don’t even want to remember it anymore. You don’t see how heartbroken Sungmin was that night. She, who rarely cries, suddenly breaks down completely. I don’t want to repeat it again.” He said honestly.

 

“So, you’re giving up?”

 

Eunhyuk growled almost immediately, “Hell no I am! If it is me, I would make them punished terribly. Not only Siwon but also those es included. I’ll make them suffer for making our daughter cried. I’ll make them regret to ever make me angry.” He said, gritting his teeth.

 

Eunhyuk shows his true intention. He never agrees to the settlement of Sungmin’s case. If it’s his true nature, he will really revenge on those who hurt his daughter. But then again…

 

“Hyukkie.”

 

Both of them tensed. They slowly turned behind and see an enraged Donghae with a tray of drink standing not too far from them. They grinned awkwardly to just realize they were caught talking something they’re not supposed to. Donghae’s feet stomped towards the table. She served the drinks she made, in protesting mode.

 

“You two…” the men straightened their body automatically, “I want you to restrain yourself from doing anything stupid. Don’t in into Sungmin’s matter, understood?” She warned with a glare.

 

“But baby…”       “But…”

 

“No buts!” Donghae fast cuts them off, “Sungmin’s slowly forgetting what happen. I don’t want you both fathers to create more mess than what has already happened.”

 

The two elders make a pity face.

 

“And don’t try to fool me with your innocent look, Mr Lee Hyukjae.” Eunhyuk gulped, “I know you already ordered Yunho to stop Minjung’s contract. Isn’t that enough for a small revenge?” she said.

 

Kris looked at Eunhyuk for affirmative. Eunhyuk scoffed.

 

“It’s just a small contract she will not get affected much.” He mumbles dissatisfied.

 

Donghae sighed, but she smiles nonetheless.

 

“Everything is fine now.” Consoled the wife, “Sungmin is yours again, Hyukkie. That is what you want right? She even lives with us now. She’s protected and you get to see her every day. Isn’t it just nice?” she smiles assuredly at him.

 

Eunhyuk stares at her and let out a sigh, “I know.”

 

“Good. Now, continue talking and enjoy your drink, oppa.” Donghae bowed a little and excused herself back to her kitchen.

 

The two men puckered their lips as they watched Donghae leaving. A sigh escaped from them almost in sync.

 

“She’s strict.” Kris concluded.

 

“I live with it.” Eunhyuk mocked.

 

Suddenly they come to an agreement after Donghae left. Kris has to agree that no matter what they did now will change anything that has already happened. He is just glad that Sungmin is okay now.

 

“Anyway, you’re in luck for coming today. If tomorrow, you might miss us.”

 

“Hm?”

 

“We’re leaving to China.” Informed Eunhyuk casually while sipping his hot coffee.

 

“China?” Kris repeated, “You’re visiting Ryeowook’s in laws?” he added.

 

“My in laws.” Eunhyuk corrected, “Ryeowook is also my daughter, Kris. Maybe we are not blood related but her existence means everything to me and my family, especially Sungmin. I don’t really want to dwell on this matter but she’s a family member and anyone related to her is also related to us.”

 

Kris chuckled. He agreed on Eunhyuk’s explanation. There’s nothing much he can argue on that.

 

“We’re home!” a voice happily announced followed by some others.

 

The parents turned their head, and waved towards Sungmin. She, Yesung and Ryeowook has just arrived from work. Sungmin was jaw dropped for a moment upon seeing Kris. A big smile breaks in.

 

“Uncle Kris!” Sungmin chirped, and skipped approaching them, “When did you arrive? Why didn’t you tell me that you’re coming?” she asked.

 

“I’m here to meet your father, Sungminie. That’s all.” Kris responded, at the same time shaking hands with Yesung and bowed a little to Ryeowook out of courtesy.

 

“Ooo...then, join us for dinner.” Sungmin suggested, “I’ll cook today.”

 

Chuckling a fatherly like, “Aren’t I bothering you and your family?” he said.

 

Sungmin laughed, “Nonsense uncle. Of course it’s not. There’s no one holding you out, right appa?”

 

Eunhyuk nodded.

 

“So, it’s settled then. You’re staying for dinner. I’m going to the kitchen now.” She smiles happily and left.

 

Kris and Eunhyuk just look at each other by Sungmin’s excitement. Eunhyuk said that it’s better if Kris stayed. He also used the chance to have a friendly talk with his friend. And talk about the daughter, Sungmin is really excited by Kris’s visit. It hasn’t been long since the last time she met with the man, but she can’t help but feels longing for him. Sungmin didn’t know the truth yet, that’s for sure. But, for Kris, seeing the smile on his ‘daughter’ face is very special enough.

 

 

/////

 

 

Two days of vacation in China, Sungmin and Ryeowook comes back to Korea feeling all refreshed. Heechul dragged them anywhere to keep Sungmin’s mind away from the hurtful past she’s been going through before. And she succeeds in doing so by the smile and happiness shown on Sungmin’s face. But, as soon Kyuhyun’s figure appeared at her café, Sungmin’s anger started to rise again.

 

Her ‘Kiyomi song’ video taunted her unconsciously. Kyuhyun on the other hand, grinned widely happily meeting Sungmin after two days. He knew he’s guilty by the look given by the girl. He holds the box he’s been holding up to his face.

 

“I’ve bought King Doughnuts.” He informed.

 

Sungmin glares at the latter deathly. Kyuhyun still grinned though he can feel the burn on his skin by the stare.

 

“Shame on you.” Sungmin curse at him and left.

 

“What the...” Kyuhyun didn’t even get a chance to say anything.

 

He is left hanging holding the box in his hand.

 

“Yeay, shame on you, Kyuhyun oppa.” Taemin added.

 

Kyuhyun sighed, “Why? She likes King Doughnut’s right?” he retorted back.

 

“True, Sungmin unnie likes it. But, don’t you have any conscience?”

 

“You mean?” he frowned by the question.

 

“How could you bring pastry into our café, oppa? We specialize in pastry remember?” Taemin explained sarcastically.

 

Kyuhyun finally understood the meaning, “Ah…sorry. I forgot about that. Bye then.”

 

He puts the dessert box on the table and disappeared by minute Sungmin comes out from the kitchen.

 

Taemin shrugged by his weird action. She didn’t have much time to think when a customer comes in and she backs with her work again. She thought maybe Kyuhyun still didn’t feel much remorse about his joke played on Sungmin. And yet, Kyuhyun proved it wrong when almost every two hours after the first attempt, he pops up from somewhere with a new bribe for Sungmin.

 

“Ming, I’ve bought sushi!” he announced.

 

“I’m on diet!” Sungmin fast rebutted.

 

Sungmin leaves without saying another word, again. Dejectedly, he gives the sushi to Taemin instead. Taemin gladly eats it together with the others. The sushi is not that cheap after all. And After that, he comes again.

 

“Flowers?” he tried his luck, a bouquet of red roses in his hand and a box of chocolate in another.

 

Sungmin groaned. She stomped her feet cutely, grab the flowers and ‘bam’ she hits him.

 

“Ouch! Ming!” Kyuhyun cried.

 

“I don’t like roses! Baka!” Sungmin screams angrily and left, not before she takes the chocolate of course.

 

With that, Kyuhyun’s plan fails again. He leaves with heavy heart. The other people watching are absolutely enjoying the soap drama. They are even eager to see what kind of tactics next will Kyuhyun make. 

 

“Ming-ah, I found this cute bunny miniature. It’s for you.” He presented the gift with a big grin on his face.

 

Sungmin has her eyes narrowed at him. Frowning hard, she takes it and hugs the miniature close to her body. Kyuhyun is about to be happy when suddenly Sungmin opens .

 

“You are still not forgiven Cho Kyuhyun. Don’t you even think about it.” She warns him and walked away.

 

Kyuhyun gawked staring at her figure leaving. A chuckle escapes from his lips, amused. He tiptoed and follows Sungmin from behind carefully. He smiles proudly when he sees the happy smile on Sungmin’s face holding the gift. Though Sungmin said he’s not forgiven, he knew she is not that cruel. He leaves the café again and thinks for another attempt of coaxing. He is not Cho Kyuhyun if he gives up easily.

 

But, even after two days of trying, Kyuhyun’s every coax ended up backfired every time. It is not only fails but fails miserably.

 

“Oh come on, Min. can you just forgive me already? It’s been two days. I’m sorry okay? It wasn’t a big deal anyway. The video…umph.” Kyuhyun’s voice stuck immediately when Sungmin’s body turned in fast speed with her dark glare.

 

“You!” her finger raised up towards Kyuhyun’s face, “Don’t you dare speak of that hideous moment ever again or I’ll kill you.” She threatened and dashed away.

 

Kyuhyun was stunned for five seconds before he wakes up and sees Sungmin already getting away from him.

 

“Sungmin-ah! I’m sorry alright!” he apologized and chase after her again.

 

Other people who are watching feel amused by their cute interaction with each other. Sungmin’s workers especially, could only shake their head, didn’t know what kind of reaction they should give.

 

“Sungmin’s still angry, after two days of coaxing? That’s a first, right Wookie.” Commented Tiffany.

 

Ryeowook chuckled, “Well, yes of course she’s angry. You should see the first time when this happen. The house was on fire. Sungmin keeps on screaming and throwing stuffs here and there. It’s lucky that she didn’t attack Kyuhyun on job. If not, I’m sure it’s not going to be a good sight to see.”

 

Taemin and Tiffanny nodded in match, totally agreed by Ryeowook’s statement. Just as they are talking, suddenly, Jungkok comes out of the kitchen, covered with white in flour. Every spectator widened seeing it.

 

“Jungkok?! What happened to you?” Ryeowook panicked to see it.

 

He reaches the girls and sighed heavily.

 

“Kyuhyun overly pestered Sungmin here and there in the kitchen.” He started, “He keeps apologizing, and making excuses. His mouth keeps talking non-stop. So, Sungmin got annoyed at him, takes a bag of flour and throws it.”

 

“And you got hit.” They all concluded in perfect sync.

 

Jungkok nodded and let out another big sigh.

 

“Here oppa.” Taemin hands him a wet towel.

 

“Thanks Tae.”

 

“How about those two, Jungkok? Still fighting?” Ryeowook questioned.

 

He shrugged. Taemin and Tiffanny look at each other. They smirk. Without saying anything, they make a move.

 

“Better if you don’t in.” reminded Jungkok, “Sungmin is in a really terrible mood just now. I think she’s punishing Kyuhyun or something like that.”

 

“There’s more reason to see then.” The two girls replied while giggling and they smiles happily walking towards the kitchen.

 

Together they took a peek from the side of the door and giggles by the amusing scene they see. Some other curious customer also followed. Jungkok shakes his head by their childish act. There’s no use of saying anything else. It is indeed a humorous sight to see.

 

“Why don’t you go upstairs and wash up, Jungkokie. I’ll watch it from here.” Ryeowook suggested.

 

“Alright. Thanks Wookie.”

 

Jungkok gets up from his seat and head upstairs to take a bath. His body is getting sticky already. He laughed when he recalled back the kitchen incident. Kyuhyun’s persistent is something to be praised of. Other than that, Sungmin is also funny. He didn’t expect her to use flour. Well, perhaps Kyuhyun is there to change Sungmin. He hoped.

 

“Clean it all!” Sungmin rages out at him.

 

“Alright…alright…I know.”

 

Sungmin puffed her cheeks in anger. She has fires in her eyes, daggering Kyuhyun with her stare. She will not going to forgive Kyuhyun that easily. Not after what he did.

 

Never! She determined.

 

 

//////

 

 

Even though, Sungmin is determined of not forgiving Kyuhyun, her heart is still soft. After a few shot of apologies from Kyuhyun, the man is finally forgiven. Sungmin herself didn’t feel like getting angry too long.

 

“Why are you still here, Kyu?”

 

Annoyed Sungmin appears from the café’s kitchen. It’s her another day at the café and here, Kyuhyun has accustomed himself to pay a visit again. It’s not like she’s complaining but she didn’t want to bother the latter so much. She no longer working with the Kim Corporation but Kyuhyun is still the vice president of the said company. Kyuhyun instead just grin at her. Sungmin sighs and continues with her work, she’s closing.

 

“Unnie, I’ll be leaving first.” Taemin greeted and hugged her.

 

Sungmin nodded and sends her to the door.

 

“What are you going to do after this Sungmin?” Kyuhyun reluctantly asked.

 

Sungmin’s pout appeared as she’s thinking, “I don’t have any plan actually. Maybe going home.”

 

“Follow me then.”

 

Sungmin stared at him puzzled.

 

“Let’s go for a date, Ming.” Kyuhyun finalized his decision.

 

“Eh? What…”

 

“Come on.”

 

Not listening to Sungmin’s talk, Kyuhyun gets up and pulled Sungmin to follow him, “Jungkok, we’re leaving! Close the café!”

 

He ordered the latter and dragged Sungmin away from there. Even when Sungmin protested, he reluctantly ignores it and do as he wish.

 

“Where are you taking me?” Sungmin asked curiously.

 

Kyuhyun smirked, “Somewhere fun.”

 

Sungmin frowned by such short and simple answer. Yet, she’s not given any choice to object. After a few minutes being in car, they arrived at Kyuhyun’s chosen place. And Sungmin’s frown deepened.

 

“So…the fun place you said just now is…here?”

 

Kyuhyun nodded eagerly. There’s a wide grin forming on his face while his hands busy doing some craft.

 

“Sauna?” Sungmin stressed the word sarcastically.

 

Some laughter breaks out from Kyuhyun.

 

“Oh come on Sungminie. It is fun, admit it.” Kyuhyun pulled Sungmin closer towards her, “There. Fit perfectly.” and he puts the sheep towel that he’s been making on top of Sungmin’s head.

 

He laughed proudly by his creation. Sungmin’s pout added even more bonus to what he intended to do.

 

“Oh…such a cutie…” he cooed with hands automatically pinch Sungmin’s cheeks.

 

“Kyuhyun!” Sungmin complained and hits him on the arms for teasing her.

 

Kyuhyun laughed it off. Sungmin huffed angrily and drink the shikae bought by Kyuhyun just now. She smiled, finally. She has to admit it’s fun and refreshing. Kyuhyun smiled back at her. It does seem strange and ridiculous for a man to bring the woman she likes to a sauna room but he likes the idea. Furthermore, she knew Sungmin loves the simplicity the most. He took a boil egg from the bowl and voluntarily peels it. He offered it to Sungmin in which she accepted happily.

 

“Kamsahamida~~” Sungmin sang and started eating.

 

“Delicious?”

 

Sungmin nodded like a kid. Kyuhyun’s smile brightened even more. He continued watching the girl with love. He really loves her.

 

FLASHBACK

 

Kyuhyun drives away from the park after settling Sungmin comfortably on the passenger seat. The night is getting colder but it is calm all the same. From time to time he would glance beside him and smiles seeing the cute face of the girl. Just a few more miles before they reached Sungmin’s home, he heard a groan. He turned beside.

 

“Sungmin?”

 

“No…don’t…” he heard Sungmin’s mumbles in her sleep, sort of having a bad dream, “Let go…let go of me…” she rambles and struggles from her seat.

 

Worried by the sudden event, Kyuhyu quickly parked his car beside the road and pay attention to Sungmin.

 

“Sungmin, wake up. Hey…” he shakes her body softly.

 

“No. No.” Sungmin pushed his hand away, with eyes still closed tight.

 

“Sungmin. Wake up.” Kyuhyun raised his voice louder and he felt Sungmin’s body tensed by the call.

 

Sungmin’s eyes flutters open slowly.

 

“Kyu…kyuhyun…” her voice whispered.

 

She’s still drunk by the sign of her reddish cheek and dropping eyes. Kyuhyun is about to sigh in relief when suddenly, a tear fall from Sungmin’s eyes.

 

“Sungmin?! Hey! What’s wrong?” he panicked.

 

Sungmin sobbed. More tears flows from her eyes. Kyuhyun is absolutely astounded on what to do in such an unexpected situation. He shifted Sungmin’s body carefully and facing her up with him. His hand caressed Sungmin’s cheeks and wipes the tears.

 

“Hey…what is it?” he softly asked.

 

The girl slowly turned her head, still with tears swelling in her eyes.

 

“I hate you Kyu…”

 

“Ah.”

 

“Why did you hurt me? Why did you let someone else hurt me?” Sungmin poured out her questions, render Kyuhyun speechless, “If only…you didn’t laugh at me…” she sniffed, “May…maybe…I will not accept someone else. If only…if only you stop me…I will not run away…but you…why…Why did you hurt me?” she continued.

 

Kyuhyun’s eyes automatically watered from the words stabbing of Sungmin’s. He knew it is his fault and he knew exactly what is Sungmin talking about. He tensed when Sungmin’s hand hits him on his chest soft.

 

“I hate you…I hate you so much…” she said, hitting Kyuhyun with her woman’s strength, “I hate you…”

 

Kyuhyun didn’t say anything but to just let Sungmin pours out all her frustration. Slowly, he moved closer and embraced Sungmin firmly.

 

“I’m sorry…” he apologized wholeheartedly.

 

He had his eyes closed as Sungmin cried in his arms. His clothes already wet by the tears but that is not matter anymore. After some silence, with heavy heart, he detached himself away from the girl.

 

“Sungmin…”

 

“Isskh…”

 

“I’m sorry Sungmin. Really sorry.” He apologized.

 

Sungmin cried more but her hold on Kyuhyun is still firm.

 

“I…I…” he hesitated, “Do you love me, Sungmin?” and nervously questioned.

 

He had his breath holds, while waiting for an answer. He has wanted to know the truth. Sungmin sniffed for the last time before faintly she nodded. Kyuhyun’s gulped automatically. The lump feels bitter and relieve at the same time. His question is finally answered but somehow it still feels so painful. He can’t help but wondering why.

 

“But I…I hurt you Sungmin.” He admitted, blaming himself.

 

“I make you cry and hurt you. Not only once but many times. But why…why do you…still love me…” he lowered his head, hiding the tears that are about to spill any moment, “I don’t…deserve your love…Sungmin…”

 

Even saying Sungmin’s name is hurtful for Kyuhyun now. He knew that Sungmin is kind but he also knew, he didn’t deserve to be forgiven. And yet, Sungmin still accept him. He forced himself to look at Sungmin.  Their eyes locked with each other.

 

“Why did you lie about you’re okay, Sungmin? Why did you still forgive me?”

 

Kyuhyun wants to make sure. He didn’t want to continue living in the lie that he’s been creating. Yet, at the same time, he didn’t want to keep on hurting Sungmin more. That’s why he’s asking. He wants to make sure. He wants to ensure Sungmin’s true self towards him.

 

Sungmin didn’t right away give him any answer. Her eyes gazing into Kyuhyun’s eyes softened. Slowly, her hand reached for Kyuhyun’s face. Kyuhyun swore his breath hitched when suddenly Sungmin’s face leaning closer towards him. Their lips attached. Kyuhyun’s eyes wide open by the sudden action.

 

Is he dreaming? Is Sungmin seriously kissing him?

 

He didn’t get much time to think as Sungmin slowly detaches away from him. He’s still astounded in frozen state looking at her. Sungmin smiled, mesmerized him.

 

“Because it’s you, Cho Kyuhyun.” She said and Kyuhyun’s heart sank by the minute.

 

FLASHBACK END

 

Kyuhyun hides the true behind story of everything that happened the night that Sungmin was drunk. The joke he played on Sungmin is just a playoff to shadow away what truly happened. Also, it is to proof about what Minhyuk told him. But, more than that, he is now assured to never 100 percent believe in Sungmin’s words ever again. He has learned that Sungmin will always façade and find a way to hide her feelings from other people bad or worse.  And he didn’t want Sungmin to keep doing that for more.

 

“Kyu? What are you thinking?”                                         

 

Sungmin’s question snapped him away from his thinking.

 

“Nothing.” He lied.

 

They continue talking about random things. There’s not much topic talked between the two of them but there is not much to begin with. Even with the silence, they are comfortable with each other. Just as they are talking, he notices something on Sungmin’s knee. A cut.

 

“What’s this?” he asked straight and touch Sungmin’s knee.

 

Sungmin flinched instinctively when his hand touch the cut. She finally remembered that she tripped in the kitchen this morning. She did have a hard fall. Maybe she just didn’t realize it.

 

“Hurt?” Sungmin nodded weakly by Kyuhyun’s question, “How did you get it?” he frowned in worried.

 

“I fell.” She replied.

 

“Fell? How?”

 

“What do you mean how? I tripped. That’s it.” She explained again but the look on Kyuhyun’s showed that he didn’t believe in it.

 

Kyuhyun silently gets up and leaves. Sungmin stares blankly his sudden behavior. She didn’t dare to talk back against him sensing that the man is angry at her. She waits patiently and continued eating. Out of blue, she feels cold on her cheek.

 

“Ah.” She shrieked and quickly turns behind.

 

“Hey.”

 

“Minhyukie!”

 

The said man grins widely at her. He voluntarily sit beside her without ask.

 

“What are you doing here, Minhyukkie?”

 

“Hahaha…to rest of course Miniming. What else.” He laughed.

 

Sungmin pouted by his teasing. The man then explained clearly about his reason and their coincidence of meeting with each other. Sungmin’s anger subsides automatically with the smile from his. She really didn’t need much excuse meeting with his favorite person after all. Minutes later, Kyuhyun comes back with a piece of bandage in his hand. But, his face fell upon seeing Minhyuk there with Sungmin.

 

“Hey.” Minhyuk greeted.

 

“What are you doing here?” he questioned, didn’t a bit hide his glare.

 

Minhyuk chuckled.

 

“I’m relaxing, Kyuhyun. This is a public place, remember?” he mocked.

 

Kyuhyun glares for the last time before ignored him. He sits next to Sungmin.

 

“Give me.” He instructed strictly.

 

Sungmin obeyed like a child and gives her knee to Kyuhyun. She just watches as Kyuhyun carefully treats her wound. At the same time, Kyuhyun lectured her, harsh and strictly. He knew that Sungmin is clumsy, that’s why he’s very concern. Sungmin just smile at her, and apologized cutely. Kyuhyun is always weak against her cuteness attack. Kyuhyun sighed before giving up and reprimanded her again to be careful.

 

Minhyuk by the side only watched their affection with a brotherly smile. They seem to forgotten his existence there but he always got a way to attract their attention back. Just a cough and a call to Sungmin’s name, he is once more appeal to the love birds.

 

“Wanna bet a pingpong game?” he suggested, playfully.

 

Kyuhyun feels challenged by his request and he accepted. The three of them played and have fun with each other presence for the day. Sungmin especially, laughed a lot that day. The two men are satisfied seeing the happy smile she gave. It makes all their effort is worthwhile. Sungmin is also grateful. She feel loved.  

 

 

/////

 

 

Few days later, Sungmin is in her room. She’s texting with Kyuhyun and at the same time packing some clothes in her bag.

 

‘Let’s go for a date Sungmin.’

 

Sungmin frowned at the message. She typed back a reply.

 

‘Date? Where? Why?’

 

‘Just for fun. You can’t?’

 

Sungmin laughed silently, seeing the cute emoticon attached to the text.

 

‘No problem. But I can’t if it is tomorrow.’ She reasoned.

 

‘You’ve got plan?’

 

‘I’m going back to Ilsan.’

 

‘Alone?’

 

‘I’m used to.’

 

Kyuhyun’s fast replies stopped by Sungmin’s words. Perhaps he’s thinking, Sungmin thought. Just as she about to type another message, Kyuhyun’s reply arrived.

 

‘The day after tomorrow then. You have to come, no matter what.’

 

A smile automatically formed on Sungmin. She sighed contently while typing.

 

‘I promise.’

 

She concluded the topic with the short reply. Sungmin didn’t understand Kyuhyun’s request of having a date with her actually. It’s not like they haven’t seen each other. But, knowing Kyuhyun’s behavior, she didn’t question much. It is not such a bad idea to go for a date. She is single now. What she didn’t know, Kyuhyun on the other side is already cheering happily with her reply.

 

Eunhyuk knocked to Sungmin’s door few times before opened it. He sees Sungmin is packing her bag and called for her name. Sungmin smiled brightly seeing his face.

 

“You’re going?” Eunhyuk asked his daughter.

 

Sungmin replied him with a nod.

 

“So?” he sits voluntarily on Sungmin’s bed, “Are you okay with being alone? Want me to send someone to keep you company?”

 

Sungmin laughed softly, “No, it’s okay appa.” She reclined politely, “I’m fine with going alone. It is not my first time, remember?”

 

Eunhyuk sighed faintly even though he agreed. He watched as Sungmin packed her necessities inside her small bag. The next day is supposed to be his ex-in laws death anniversary. He never went after a few years but Sungmin still insisted to go. Truthfully, Eunhyuk doesn’t want to let her go. Even though he knew it’s already a routine for Sungmin every year, he didn’t understand why he feels heavy on letting her go, alone this time. If only he didn’t have much work, he already volunteered himself to accompany her, but he’s too occupied with the work recently. 

 

“Can you just not go, Sungmin?” he expressed his thought.

 

Sungmin smiled at her father. Without answering, she moved closer to him and hugged his arms.

 

“It’s just a day trip appa. Stop worrying yourself a bit. I’m a big girl, remember?” she assured her.

 

Eunhyuk’s eyes narrowed looking at her. Sungmin showed him her brightest smile, to not make him worry.

 

“What if you meet her?” he asked.

 

Sungmin’s expression changed instantly. Eunhyuk knew that Sungmin understand who is her that he is talking about. After some time, Sungmin’s eyes softened again.

 

“I’ll be just fine.” She embraced his arms, “No matter what happen to me, I will always come back to you, appa. I promise.”

 

Eunhyuk sneered at the promise. He ruffles Sungmin’s hair making a mess out of it. Sungmin laughed when being teased like that. And Eunhyuk also smiled. He knew no matter what he said, Sungmin will insist to go. So, with heavy heart, he let her go.

 

 

TBC