Settling in?

A SHINee Love Story

Melissa POV.

Last thing I remember was drifting away to sleep on the cab…next to Key. 

“Um…Melissa? Are you awake?” said a male voice. It didn’t sound that familiar.  I groggily opened my eyes and the first thing I saw was a guy staring at me with curiosity. He must have been one of the members.  I yawned loudly and rubbed the sleepiness out of my eyes. He chuckled and said” He he, you were asleep for a long time.”

“Really, how long?” I asked tilting my head slightly. I did that every time I was confused.  It was kind of a bad habit.

“Like an hour.” He said laughing at me again. He was so cute! No, not the omg-that-guy-is-cute way. More like aw-that-puppy-is-so-cute!  I tried to smile and looked around me. How did I get on this couch?!

“Um...excuse me guy, bu-“

“Taemin.” He says cheerfully cutting in. I can’t help but smile.

“Ok then. Excuse me…Taemin?” I say more polite this time.  He nods in approval.  “Um…how did I get on this couch?”

“Oh, Key carried you here.” He said looking around the room.

“Key?” I say doubtfully scoffing.

He nodded as he said.”Yeah, you know him right? Guy with the highlights, the one who-“

“Okay, that’s enough, son.” Someone said. Key entered the room and glared at Taemin.

“…Well, then I’ll just leave.” Taemin started to walk away but stopped and turned to me again.  “Well, it was nice to meet you Melissa.” He smiled sweetly at me.

“Nice to meet you too, Taeminnie.” I returned the smile and he laughed.

“Taeminnie?” he said confused.

“Yep, that’s your new nickname from now on.” I said in my most childish voice.

“Hahaha.” He faked a laugh. “Goodbye…Meli.” He grinned at me before he left.  Meli?! Ha! I guess, this was pay back.  I laughed hysterically, but that quickly ended when I saw Key’s face.  His face had an unreadable expression, but these are the feelings I could see; confusion, relief, and…jealousy?

“So um…you carried me here?” I looked up at him. He smiled and gave a small nod.

“Well…thanks. That was nice of you…” I said in a low tone. He just shrugged and said no big deal. There was a huge awkward silence (man, I hate those), so I thought of what to say.

“So um…” I started, trying to hold back some laughter. “Why did you call Taemin…son?”

“Oh…” he blushed lightly. “He kind of acts like a 5-year old, so I call him son. And since he says I nag him a lot…he calls me mom.” 

“Aw!” I smile and he starts laughing.  “You want to play twenty questions?”

He tilts his head, like me, and says.”Twenty…questions?” I can’t help but giggle at his confusion.

“Yeah. We both ask each other twenty questions about ourselves. To get to know each other better.”

 

 

Key POV.

 

“Yeah. We both ask each other twenty questions about ourselves. To get to know each other better.”  Melissa said still laying on the couch. I smiled when she said “get to know” for some reason.

“Sure, okay, but you go first.”

“Okay.” She smiled and patted the space next to her.  I sat down and she cleared .

“Okay, let’s start.” She smiled again. “Is “Key” your real name?”

Oh, good one. “Nope. Key is my stage name.”

She put her hand over . “GASP!” she fakes. “You lied to me! I feel so betrayed.” She said with pure sarcasm and pouted.

“Oh, I’m sure you can forgive me.” I whispered leaning closer. I gazed into her eyes, which were a unique color of green and a mixture of grey…and blue? Wait, her eyes changed color?!

“Do your eyes usually change color?”

“Huh? OH yeah, they do. Sometimes blue, grey, green and a little yellow.”  She says avoiding eye contact now. I guess she noticed that I leaned in a little too close…

“So…what’s your real name?”  she asked shyly.

“Kim Kibum” I say confidently. “My turn. Um…what’s your favorite food?”

“PASTA.” She says automatically and sighs happily. I laughed at how cute she was. Hmm….never really called a girl “cute”.

“Awesome. Maybe I can cook for you sometime.” This caught her attention.

She leaned closer and whispered “You know how to cook?!” I nodded and she gasped again. But this time it felt more real.

“…Even…pasta?” She looked up at me, waiting.

“Would you like me to make you some one day?” I asked but I already knew.  Her eyes lit up and she nodded eagerly.  I chuckled and thought…this is the start of a beautiful friendship…or maybe something more.

 

Jonghyun POV.

 

Right now, I’m following Victoria to my new room. She’s hot! And she probably likes me back. But, I don’t know. There’s something different about her. She ignores all my stupid remarks and gives me attitude. Man, why does she act so mean around me? But, I’m determined to change her mind about me. Why? Cause I love a challenge!

“Here it is.” She says pointing to a wooden door.

“Well, thanks for helping me get to my room.” I say and give her my most genuine smile. But she saw right through it and just rolls her eyes.

“Look, Victoria I-“

RRRIINNNNGGG!!  Wow, nice ringtone. (sarcasm)

“Hold that thought.” She says as she pulls her phone out of her pocket. As she read it, she smiled.

 

Victoria POV.

 

“Look, Victoria I-“

RRRIINNNNGGG!!  Oops, forgot to change the ringtone…

“Hold that thought.” I told Jonghyun, and pulled my phone out.  It was a text from my ex…

Vicky I need 2 talk to u   meet me in an hour at my house  luv david J

I smiled a bit. I still liked David a lot.He was my first real love…until I saw him kissing another girl…

“Um…you okay?” Oh, right. Jong’s still here.

“Yeah, my ex boyfriend just texted me. I’m going to meet him in an hour.” I said happily. But Jong didn’t look so good.

“Do you still…like him?” he said, almost afraid.

“Yeah...”

“Oh…” He seemed sad…But why does he care?!  And why would I care?

“Oh, can you do me a favor.” I asked him. He looked at me and gave me a stern nod.

“Can you drive me there? I don’t have anyone to do it.”

“…Okay.” He shrugged.

“Really? Thanks Jong!” I hugged him out of happiness and skipped away. 

To Be Continued~

~~~~~~~~~~~

Four new subscribers! :D

I'm a very happy girl~ ^^ Anyways thanks for subscribing. And like always comments and opinions are welcomed.