A silent ride home...

A SHINee Love Story

Lily POV.

 

“We’re here!” I exclaim as I drag Taemin into the super girly and preppy store. I immediately go to the costumes and Taemin trudges along.

“I don’t like it here.” He mutters under his breath.

“But do you like me?”

He blushes and nods shyly. “Yes.”

“Then don’t worry.” I kiss him on the cheek and then continue to look at costumes.  I didn’t really want to come here…I just wanted to see Taemin’s reaction.

“Ok try this on.” I pass him some cute kitty ears and he grins at me.

“Fine if I wear this…then you wear this.” He says passing me some bunny ears.  I laugh and put them on me.  Taemin hesitantly put them on and I adjust it for him.

“How do I look?” I ask him.

“Cute.” He says with a shy smile. I blush slightly and say thanks. “Now how do I look?” he poses like a cat and meows. I giggle and smile at him.

“Simply adorable.” This time he blushes.  “Let’s take a picture.” We both got our phones out and took a picture and he wrapped his arms around me. 

“Fantastic fantastic fantastic fantastic…elastic elastic elastic elastic”  My phone suddenly rang and I checked the caller ID. It read Melissa. I flipped it open and said hey.

“Hey Lily…where are you?” she said kind of sad.

“Um…at Claire’s with Taemin. Is something wrong Mel?”

“Kind of…um…I’ll meet you there okay?”

“Yeah, okay, bye.”

“Bye…” she hung up and I sighed. Taemin noticed and immediately asked what’s wrong.“It’s Melissa.”

“What happened to Meli?” he said worried.  I shrugged and sighed again.

“I think it’s Key.”

“Hey guys.” Melissa came in and greeted us with a sad smile. We both hugged her tightly and she let out a laugh.

“What’s wrong Meli?” Taemin whispered loudly.

“It’s nothing Taeminnie.”  She sighed.

“I know when something is wrong. Come on Meli…you’re like a sister to me and Lily.”

“It’s…Key…” she sits down on the carpet. We both sit down next to her to comfort her.

“What did he do?” I asked annoyed. If he hurt her… me and Taemin would both go after him.

“He got all jealous at some guy from my school…he literally growled at the guy! He was just a friend from school and I think he scared him…” I patted her on the shoulder and Taemin nodded for her to continue.

“Then later when we left I asked him what that was about and he just said he’s claiming his “territory.” Putting air quotations on territory.  “I can’t believe he thinks I’m his territory! No one tells me what to do! Nobody owns me!” she exclaimed leaning against my shoulder. We both tried to comfort her as best as we could.

 “Well I could see how that could upset you…um Lily can I talk to you alone for a minute?”

“Um…sure.” We both stand up. “I’ll be right back, Melissa.” She nods and looks at the accessories around her. We walk to another section where Taemin stops me.

“What’s up Taemin?”

“Um…the ceiling. Anyway, I want to talk about what happened with Key.”

“Yeah, I know. It wasn’t right for Key to-“

“No, no!” Taemin shook his head furiously. “ It’s not a bad thing.” I shot him a confused look.

“What do you mean?”

“Well…Key has never said that before…except once.” I blinked twice and shot him another look.

“What do you mean he’s already said it once?!”

“Well…Key fell in love…it was actually his first love. “ I gasped and he covered my mouth. “Ssshh…please don’t tell!” I nodded and he released me.

“Okay…”

“Key is usually pretty confident around girls and never blushed.  He was extremely confident about his first love, too.  But…she used him.  She never really liked him.  Just one of those gold diggers, I guess…” he sighed. “She used him just to get famous.  And when she finally got what she wanted…she dumped him.  But while he was with her…they never showed any affection or anything.  Nothing like his relationship with Melissa…” his voice trailed on.

“Taemin, get to the point.”

“Oh yeah! Well…He got really jealous once cause she cheated on him. He said that she was his territory. For him…it just means that she was his girlfriend. It could be taken the wrong way though…”

“Obviously!”

“Well, the point is that…Key might possibly…you know…” he looked down and I noticed what he meant.

“You really think he loves her?”   he just shrugs and rubs the back of his head nervously. “Let’s get back to Meli.” I nod and walk towards her.

“Hey guys!” she stands up carrying something in her hand. “Look what I found.” She shows us some puppy ears.  

“Aw, their cute!” I squeal as she puts them on.

“Quick, let’s take a picture together!” Taemin says. He takes out a camera and snaps a picture of all of us in our animal poses.

Ring ding dong Ring ding dong…Taemin’s phone droned on. As he flipped it open I saw sadness in Melissa’s face. It’s Key…

“I’ll put it on speaker.” Taemin whispered to us. He put it on speaker and Key’s voice filled the room.

“Um…hey Taemin it’s time to go.” Key’s voice sounded depressed.

“What’s wrong with you, Key?” 

“Nothing…it’s just I messed up…”

“With…Melissa?” He looked at her.

“Yeah…” Key sighed. “So…um…hurry up, we’re already at the entrance.”

“Okay.” Taemin groaned and hung up. Melissa sighed and shook her head.

“I’m not forgiving him yet.”

“Well okay…” I said. “Now let’s get going.” We go walking towards the entrance…

 

Leslie POV.

 

“Oh here they come.” I say pointing at Taemin, Lily, and Melissa walking through the exit door. Onew finishes his phone call with the taxi driver and nods at me. I noticed Melissa tense up as Key moved next to her and their shoulders touched.

“Meli…I-“

“Don’t…”  She gave him her famous death glare and kept looking away.  He sighed and kept observing her silently.  As both of the cabs pull up next to us we all go in…even Melissa.  Key opens the door and she awkwardly steps in without looking at him.  He let out a sad sigh and sat next to her closing the door behind him. Unfortunately…we had to ride in the same cab…The cab was pretty big, but we still didn’t all fit…

“You could sit on my lap…if you want.” Onew said with a small smile. I didn’t answer. I immediately sat on his lap and he smirked at me. “Comfy?”

“Yup!” I said putting my head next to his.  I turned and saw that Melissa was drifting away…it seemed the sleepier she got…the more closer she got to Key…Well this should be fun.

 

Minho POV.

 

It’s good that Elba and me didn’t have to ride in the other cab.  It seemed like Key and Melissa got into a fight or something and they aren’t talking.  They way I see it is that Key messed up…Melissa got mad at him…she’s giving him the silent treatment. End of conclusion.

 Elba continued to play with my hair…making it into tiny braids and knots…which she would quickly fix by running her fingers through it.  I let her do that for the rest of the ride.  I didn’t mind it…it was actually very relaxing…

“Minho?”

“Huh?” I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at her.  She seemed a little shy to ask.

“Um…why do they call you…“Flaming Charisma”?”  I was a bit surprised she asked that.  Honestly…I’m not really sure.

“Um…well…I…” I stammered and just gave up

 Elba looked back at me and I just shrugged.  My hair was in my eyes, so I flipped it slightly. Elba laughed softly and shook her head.

“I guess it comes naturally.” Elba said between laughs.  I half smiled and gave her a small nod. I didn’t want to explain what I didn’t even know.  

To Be Continued~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello!~ Ugh, I swear that I had a new subscriber BUT I guess I lost it. :/ Oh well, I guess they didn't seem interested in the story~

By the way, I'm going to be without internet for about two days (which means no updates D:) BUT if I do get a chance to use the internet then I'll make sure to update!

Anyways thank you everybody~ :D