Fall for you.

A SHINee Love Story

Melissa POV.

                       

“Best thing ‘bout tonight is that we’re not fighting…”  Am I dreaming?

“Could it be that we have been this way before…

I know you don’t think that I am trying…

I know you’re wearing thin down to the core.”  No wait…I’m not dreaming this. I think someone is singing…I open my eyes sleepily and see Key next to me…listening to my IPod. He continues to sing.

Well hold your breath.  Because tonight will be the night that I will fall for you,

 over again. Don’t make me change my mind.

 I won’t live to see another day…I swear it’s true.  Because a girl like you is impossible to find…

You’re impossible to find…”  During all this…he has his eyes closed.  Hm…I guess he knows the song by heart.  I recognize the song was “Fall for You” by Secondhand Serenade.  I could hear his foot tapping to the rhythm as the song continued.  He actually sung the song really good…

“…This is not what I intended…I always swore to you I’d never fall apart.”  I could hear the emotion he sung it with. It was confident and…maybe a hint of sadness.

You always thought that I was stronger…I may have failed but I have loved you from the start.” He skipped the main chorus and went to my favorite part.

“So breathe in so deep…breathe me in.

I’m yours to keep…and hold onto your words, ‘cause talk is cheap…

And remember me tonight when you’re asleep…”   He sighed and took off my earphones.  I let out a sleepy yawn and rubbed my eyes. He immediately noticed I was awake and stared at me.  Um…awkward.

“…Hey.” I said and waved. 

“Hey…” He gave me a small smile.  “Listen…I’m sorry about what happened at the mall.  Are you still mad at me?”

“A little…” I shrugged. He moved a bit closer and took a deep breath. “I heard you singing…”

“…Right now?” I nod my head and sighed.

“You sing…awesome.” I admitted, blushing a bit.  He gave me another smile.

“Thanks. I am a singer, you know.” He said as a matter-o-fact.

“Of course.” I spat at him. He rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

“I’m sorry that I said that you were my…territory.  I meant to say…”

“What? Your property?”

“No.  That you’re mine.”  He looked down and tried to “untangle” my earphones.  “It’s just that…I’ve never felt this way before…never been so…aggressive.” He sighed.

“I bet you’ve said that to all your other girlfriends.” I cross my arms over my chest defensively. He looked up at me with sincere eyes.

“I’ve only had two…including you.  And you were the only one that makes me blush…or makes me speechless.” I could feel tears welling up in my eyes…He looks at me before letting out a sigh.

“I’ve never had the urge to…protect someone as much as I want to protect you.” He whispered. I few tears escaped my eyes and I couldn’t stop it.  The tears just kept coming. I hate when I cry…It made me feel…weak.  Especially now…

 He pulled me into a sad hug as I continued to cry.  We didn’t talk for a few minutes…he just continued to cradle me in his arms.

“…I-I love you.” He whispered into my hair. I could hear his voice quiver and noticed that he might have been crying a bit, too. This caused me to cry more into his chest. I don’t know why I was crying though….of happiness? He just told me he loves me…

I try to wipe away some of my tears but he beats me to it…He wipes away some of the tears with his thumb and I tense up at the sudden contact of skin.  My instinct was to pull away and as I did, he pulled me closer. 

“…It’s okay.” He comforts me as he kisses the tears away. He kisses my jaw line…then cheek…but pauses inches away as he was about to kiss my lips.  He bites his lower lip as he looks at them.

“I love you.” He says more confident. He inches closer to me…if that was possible.

“…I l-love you, too.” another tear rolling down my cheek as I said it.  He kissed that one away, too.  He looked down at my lips again.  I now know what people mean when they say you feel sparks when you’re with that special person.  He tucks some hair behind my ear and sighs.

He looks deeply into my eyes and crashes his lips against mine.  I wrap my arms around his neck and feel him hold my back for support with one of his hands.  He my cheek with his other hand and I tangle my fingers in his hair.  I feel him smile as I play delicately with his hair.

“…I thought…you said…you didn’t…like my…hair.” He said between kisses.

“I…said no…such thing.”  I said not breaking away.  His lips formed a smirk and continued to kiss me. I begin to loosen up and relax as he kisses me repeatedly on my cheek.  He continues to kiss my cheek but goes down to my neck.  I was about to tell him to stop…until someone barges through the door.

“OW! My innocent eyes!” Taemin yells covering his face. I immediately pull away as I hear Taeminnie’s voice. He peeps through tiny holes in his fingers.  “Um…I’m sorry…if I disturbed…anything…I’m sorry.”

“No, no! It’s okay. Nothing happened.” I stammered. Taemin put his hands on his hips and gave me a sly smile.

“Well…it sure didn’t look like it.” I noticed Key’s hands went to my waist but nothing else…

“What do you want, Taemin?” Key asked annoyed. Maybe because he ruined our little moment… No…Key wouldn’t be mad because of that.

“Well…Minho says it’s time for dinner!  Besides, Jonghyun is getting pretty hungry so I suggest you…hurry up and get ready. You know how impatient Bling Bling gets!” And with that he closed the door on us.  Key looks back at me and gives me a small smirk.

“No more.” I say in a serious tone. “Don’t do that again.” He pouts slightly and tilts his head.

“Do what?”

“Being mad at Taemin because he walked in on us…” I said trying to find the right word.  But no word could actually explain it…  He raised his eyebrow and flashed his famous smile.

“What? Come on. Say it!” He teased me.  “Well…I knew what we were doing.” I laughed and shook my head doubtfully.

“And what were we doing, Key?” 

“Making out.” He stated simply, like it was no big deal. But I on the other hand…didn’t handle it so well.   I opened my eyes wide and gasped like an idiot. It probably looked like I was I fish out of water. And it felt like it too….

“Y-you’re kidding me, right?” I stuttered a bit and blushed. He shoved his hand in his pockets and shook his head.

“Nope! But I loved every second.” He winked and smiled again. “And you.” I felt my face burn with embarrassment and he just chuckled.  He wrapped his arms around my waist again and started kissing my neck. Before I could pull away, I quickly felt dizzy. He noticed me drifting away…and smiled.

“…You have to…stop doing that, too.” He kissed my jaw line one more time and pouted.

“How come?”

“It distracts me too much.” He grinned.

“That’s the point, sweetheart.”

“Well, then stop…and since when have you kissed my neck?!” I exclaimed. He pulled me closer to him and fixed my hair.

“Well…I did say that I loved you.” He whispered into my ear. I rolled my eyes. 

“Doesn’t mean that you can do that.” I poked his stomach and straightened out his clothes. He laughs and I could feel him stare at me.

“Wow…it looks like we-“

“Don’t. Even. Say it!” I threatened him. But I fail miserably. He just shrugs it off and laughs again. What am I going to do with this guy… 

To Be Continued~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ajhdgajsdgajd ugh I feel so bad about this chapter. >.< It has angst but romance and UGH. It's a bad combo for me. So yeah this is probably the longest chapter. ^^" Not including the finale though.

Anyways thanks to my new subcriber FrogXEcho! *makes little heart shape*