The First Date and The Drunk Panda

NINE

 

"So where do you want to go?" Yong bae said. 

"Wherever is fine," said Dara.

"Well where's wherever for you?" He said smiling, "I'm never going to be able to make a decision like this. You've just got to tell me where you want to go?"

"I'm so bad at making decisions, don't ask me!"

"You're a lot like me then. How about we take a walk in the park?"

Yong bae thought that it was probably best if they stayed outside. He would have taken her for lunch but he was afraid he'd end up spilling food over himself or worse spilling food over her.

"Yeah that sounds good, after all we're already here," Dara smiled, "So what year are you so far?"

"I'm on my second year of the course. How about you?"

"Ah you make me feel old, I'm on my third year, so ah that means I'm your noona. I actually started my course late, so I'm well, I'm 26. It's really quite embarrassing, you must think I'm so old." She blushed.

"Really? How can I think you're old if you look so young and pretty," He awkwardly paused, "But then again you're only three years older than me and that's nothing. It's nice, I like older girls anyway. So how come you joined university late."

"Well, I had a short career in the Philippines, I was successful but it only lasted a while. I decided that I would come home and start a fresh I guess, start from the basics. My brother came with me too, you might know him. He's in a successful boy band, MBLAQ. He's called Park Sang-Hyun. I stayed here and did a few jobs, became a waitress and me and my brother lived together. I met a girl called Park Bom one day whilst I was working, she's the girl I was with. She said that she was starting a new course in music at university in a year but she was worried that people would think she's too old. And so.. we became friends and she convinced me to come to university with her so I said yes, and uh here I am, at university."

"Uh I see, that's a lot more interesting than my story."

"What's your story?"

"Well, I just decided to go to university. Originally I wanted to be a singer and train at YG entertainment and I actually got in but my mother told me that she didn't want me to go there. So we compromised and she let me study music at university instead."

"Wow, you got into YG? I bet you're an amazing singer. You should sing something now!"

He looked at her smiling. He'd never talked to a girl that wasn't family for this long and yet it was so natural, he was so comfortable with her. Yongbae didn't want to disappoint her so he shyly started to sing.

"I need a girl~ I need a girl and her name's Dara."

Dara blushed and clapped excitedly, "Wow, you're so good! Did you write that yourself? I've never heard it before."

"Uh yeah, well I changed the last part just now obviously. Now I need to hear you sing!"

"I'm embarrassed," Dara said covering her hands with her face.

"Come on, it's only me."

"The guy I've only known for an hour, yes it's you. Ok, ok." Dara started to sing, "I need a boy~ I need a boy and his name is Yongbae."

They both smiled and stopped for a second, staring into each others eyes. Yongbae wondered if she could hear his heart beating, he felt like his heart was going to fall out of his chest. Dara slowly moved inwards to him, looking up at his eyes and wrapped her arms delicately around him. 

"I don't know why but I just wanted to hug you," She said, "You seem like the sort of guy who's not used to this."

Meanwhile (Later that day) 

"That must be Daesung," Minji said running to open the door, "Hello Daesung," she said blushing. 

Daesung stood there dressed in a tuxedo, with a loose bow tie.

Daesung hugged her and kissed her lips lightly, "How's my beautiful girl?"

"I'm good now that you're here," She said wrapping her arms around his neck,"Why are you so formally dressed?"

"Lee Seung hyun made me play cards with him again, I won though, so I'll buy you something pretty tomorrow."

"Oh alright but we need to stop this gambling. You can't become like Lee Seung Hyun, he's gambling every night and turning up like that every night."

"Ah, yes. The famous drunk panda. Oh and hello Chaerin, I didn't see you there," He looked over Minji's head and saw Chaerin on the floor next to Lee Seung Hyun. She was his hair. 

"Hello, Daesung! Sorry I didn't want to interrupt you two, you're both so cute."

"How's Lee Seung Hyun?" Minji said. 

"He's fine, the poor thing. One day he has to learn that he can't rely on me. I love him and all but I can only look after him for so long right?" Chaerin said.

"You know he loves you a lot. He's very dependent on you, although he won't admit it. You're like siblings, always looking out for each other," Daesung said.

"Ah well, he is special to me, ever since that day, I've been looking after him. Poor thing, he can't even remember," Chaerin said.

"But it's best he can't remember, perhaps if he did it would hurt too much," Minji said.

"Now anyways," Daesung said, "Shall I take this panda back to the zoo for you?"

"No, not yet. You have to stay, I've barely seen you all week. Just sleep over, it's saturday tomorrow anyway. Please Oppa!" Minji said.

"Alright, alright. I'll stay for you girl," he said, "Chaerin are you alright with that?"

"Yeah sure, it's good to have everyone back together again," Chaerin said, "But I'll be sleeping now, if that's alright with you. I'm absolutely shattered."

"Ok, goodnight Chaerin!" Minji said.

"Goodnight."