Sudden Happenings

NINE

"Shall we go then?" Chaerin said putting on her coat and placing a pair of black sunglasses onto her face.

"Sure," Lee Seung Hyun said, "Let's go then."

They shut the door and walked out of the house. For some reason, he felt quite distant to her now, even though she meant so much to him, he wondered if she hadn't told him about Ji-eun, then what else might he not know about? 

"You're really quiet today, what's up? Is something wrong?"

"No," he said grinning putting his arm around her, "I'm all good. I was just wondering how you can wear sunglasses in such cold weather?"

She smiled, "They just look cool right? It doesn't have to be sunny to wear sunglasses. I'm surprised you don't wear sunglasses to cover up your panda eyes!" she said sticking out her tongue at him. 

"Hey!" he said smiling, "The girls actually find my panda eyes very attractive so, shut up!" 

"Sure they do, wait where did you meet these girls? The zoo?"
 

"Chaerin, if you don't stop the panda jokes. I'm going to have to tickle you," he said starting to tickle her.

"Ok, ok," she said laughing, "Stop it, stop it."

"That will teach you to mess with me."

"You really are too much you know sometimes."

***

"Minji, I'm sorry, ok!" Daesung said.

"How can you just say that you're sorry like that! How can you change this quickly? You said you love me and now you don't?"

"Minji," he said trying to hug her, "I didn't want  to hurt you but I think it's time we end it!"

"Just like that, what kinda man are you?" 

"Minji, don't get angry with me. There are better guys out there for you, trust me."

"You know," Minji said crying, "There probably are but I love you, I can't just delete you from my heart."

"But you have to, I'm sorry."

***

"Jiyong, she's absolutely amazing, really. And I kissed her, I actually kissed her," Yongbae said grinning. 

"Ah, I'm glad it went well Yongbae," he said patting him on the shoulder, "You should invite this Dara girl over sometime, so we can all meet her and that pretty friend of hers too."

"Yeah," he said, "But look at the state of the apartment! It's so dirty, don't you ever clean?"

"You know it's not me, it's Seunghyun. He's always leaving stuff around here."

The door of Seunghyun's bedroom creaked open, "Did someone say my name?"

"You're only awake now, it's 12.00! I thought you were out or something," Yongbae said.

"Well I didn't know you were back, I thought you might still well be with that girl of yours," he said winking.

"Seunghyun!" Jiyong said, "You're so bad, you know."

"Whoa I was only joking," Seunghyun said walking to the fridge and opening it.

"You guys, wait is it that performance thing tomorrow?" Yongbae said.

"What thing?" Jiyong said.

"Oh, you mean?" Seunghyun said taking a doughnut out of the fridge, "That performance by those two girls... hmm what are they called? Minji and ...."

"Chaerin?" Yongbae said.

"Yeah, I've never seen them in person but they're apparently very talented," said Seunghyun.

"You know who's talented?" Yongbae said grinning, "Dara."

***

"Seunghyun, what do you think of this outfit for tomorrow?" Chaerin said walking out of the changing room wearing a pair of patterned trousers and a leather jacket.

"Should be perfect," he said, "It's very you, you'll look great!"