All I need is your smile

NINE

Minji ran out into the pouring rain, looking for Daesung but it was hard to see him. Where was he? He was only there just a minute ago, he couldn't have gone too far. Franticly she looked round, tears streaming from her eyes as she called out his name. She felt someone tug on her back and she spun round to see Daesung there, tears in his eyes too. Before she could even speak he kissed her passionately, hugging her close to him as though he was trying to protect her from the rain. He pulled his lips away from hers and Minji buried her head in his neck. Daesung had only realised now how much he'd missed having her in his arms like this, just simply holding her and protecting her, he felt so comforted and happy. He didn't want to let go of her, he was scared that this was her goodbye. 

"Daesung, promise me that you won't do anything like this again."

"I won't," he said kissing her head affectionately, "I promise that I'll always do anything to make you happy and that I'll protect you. I can't bear to see you unhappy again, so let's always be happy, ok?"

"As long as I have you, as my guy, I will always be happy."

"If I can always see that beautiful smile of yours, then I will be more than happy. Minji, I do really love you and I'm sorry for being such an idiot. From now on it's us for as long as you want us to be."

"Yeah," she said smiling, "Daesung and Minji, Fighting!"

"You're so cute... Ahh you're shaking. You need to get somewhere warm otherwise you'll get sick, you little thing."

"Shall we go back to my place?"

"Yeah, it's the closest after all," he said smiling picking her up off her feet and carrying her, "I'm going to treat you like a princess from now on."

He runs back holding her to the apartment. When they get inside, they see Chaerin there, with her coat on as if she's about to leave.

"You two are back together again?" Chaerin said making a heart sign with her hands, "I'm so happy for you."

"Yeah, I've decided to forgive him," Minji said.

"And he's responded by not letting your feet touch the ground?"

"Yeah, he's very possessive this one," Minji said playfully kissing his cheek.

"You're teasing me already, that's so like you," Daesung said laughing happily.

"Hey, I'm going out now. I'll leave you guys, to you know..."

"Where are you going?" Minji said.

"To see Panda, he seems pretty down, so we're going drinking."

"Oh, he is," Daesung said sadly, "Look after him Chaerin."

"I will."