While you were sleeping

NINE

Seunghyun placed Chaerin gently on to his bed, he looked at her, she was so still and silent like a doll. So this was the girl he'd completely ignored in the beginning? The one he'd always taken for granted. 

"I really liked being your boyfriend for the evening, kinda wished it wouldn't stop," he said smiling slightly, "You can't hear me right? It's stupid, my baby girl, I've been so confused, blind. You've put up with me through everything, even when I've been such an idiot. Call me crazy but my heart beats so much when I'm around you, all the time. I thought it was all just happiness before, excitement to see a friend... I feel as though you're tearing me apart. I scarcely know what I want anymore. Can I just keep you with me forever and never let you go?"

Seunghyun paused and affectionately her forehead, "You are so precious to me. You're my friend but I've... I've fallen for you. Minji used to be in my mind but she just disappeared today, I don't know why I loved her when I always was the happiest when I was with you. Forgive me for everything. Forgive me for this."

He leaned down, hanging his lips over hers, he hesitated but eventually kissed her lips lightly. Chaerin stirred slightly in her sleep and Seunghyun quickly shot up. Chaerin resisted the urge to smile, her eyes welded shut.

"Ah Chaerin, but there are more problems... Recently I've been having an identity crisis, I've been finding bamboo really tasty and I've been having visits to the zoo to visit my animal friends. Truth is Chaerin, I think I'm a, I think I'm a panda," as he said these words Chaerin smirked, her eyes shyly opening.

"I thought you might be awake," he said quietly, finding it hard to look at her, "Why are you smiling at me like that?"

Chaerin grinning widely, turned her face away from him, "It's nothing."

"Nothing, really?" raises one eyebrow, "Well let's see what the tickle monster thinks about that."

Seunghyun starts tickling her, making her laugh and shout, "Stop it.. Stop it Panda!"

"Not until you tell me."

"No, no, no," she giggles trying to push him away.

Seunghyun stops, giving in and both their expressions turn serious. She looks up at him longingly, staring directly into his eyes. 

"I.. I... really like you Chaerin," he said sincerely, "I'll ask you for the sake of it. I don't think you'll say yes, why would you? It's you, you're amazing but I was wondering, more hoping that you'd let me be your man for a while, not a panda, but someone to protect you, love you hold you. I'd love it, if you could be my girl.. I mean I know, this is out of the blue... I mean I think we have something, right?"
 

Chaerin simply smiled. It all seemed clear now. Perhaps she really did like this panda although she'd learnt not to love after everything, yet at this moment she felt so incandescently happy. Her arms reached out, wrapping around him and pulling him tightly towards her. 

"I'd love it too if you were mine."

Speechless he, hugged her tightly and kissed her forehead.