Performance

NINE

"Chaerin, I'm so nervous, look at how many people are out there..." Minzy said peeping through the backstage curtain.

"Don't worry, we'll be fine," She said hugging her, "Just believe in yourself and you'll be amazing, they love you anyway, you saw that last time."

Minji smiled, "No, they loved you last time not me... Do you think he's out there?"

"Probably but you know, it's a good thing, you can show him what he's missing. And if anything we have Lee Seunghyun out there, so he'll be fanboy-ing like crazy." 

"Yeah, well I think I'm actually alright with him being there, maybe just maybe this might be the best for us."

"I think you're right, anyway shall we have one last practice?"

***In the crowd***

"You know, I've always had a bit of a thing for her," Seunghyun said.

"I know, you always used to get jealous," Daesung said. 

"Well, do you think it would be alright, if I tried to date her?"

"Sure, I mean she's a single girl, so why not?" he smiled, "Anyway you could make her pretty happy I'm sure of it."

"I'll just have to get her to like me, but she'll need time. I guess all I can do now is support her."

***

"Oh no, I think we're a bit late," Bom said opening the door, "There are so many people here already, quick let's find a seat."

"Wait, isn't that Yongbae over there?" Dara said, "Come on I'll introduce you to him."
She took Bom's hand and lead her over to where Yongbae was sitting. 

"Hello," she said.

"Oh, hi," Yongbae said blushing slightly, "I didn't know you'd be here," he kissed her on the cheek, "Oh and this is your friend."

"Yeah, this is my friend Bom."

"Hi," Bom said shyly waving.

"Hey, oh and of course these are my friends Seunghyun and Jiyong." 

"Hey," they both said.

"So finally we get to meet your friend, Bom, isn't it. Nice to meet you, I'm Jiyong."

"And I'm Seunghyun," he said waving. 

"Shall we sit down? I think it's about to start," He said. 

***

"Hello, hello. We have two of our students performing today. The lovely Minji and Chaerin. They are both very talented, so I hope you'll enjoy the performance."

The curtains reeled back and music started to play. Chaerin started to rap whilst Minji danced.

"Wow that blonde girl is pretty amazing," Jiyong said. 

"You know that's the girl I saw at the hospital. I never knew she could quite be like this though," Seunghyun said.

Dara rested her head on Yongbae's shoulder and he wrapped his arm around her, whispering "You're so beautiful," in her ear.

Park Bom sat and shyly glanced every so often at Yongbae's friends.

***

"She looks very beautiful today, right?" Seunghyun said.

"Yeah, yeah. They both do," Daesung said.

They ended their first songs and people clapped loudly, Lee Seunghyun as always insisted on standing up and cheering, to which Chaerin replied, "Sorry about the panda, he's our fanboy" and smiled.