Dara Park Obsession

NINE

"Youngbae, it's so good to see you again," Dara said sitting on his sofa.

"Mmm, just come here," he said pulling her into his arms, "I've missed you so much."

"I hate being away from you. I keep on worrying that something is going to happen to you. It's funny isn't it, when did we become so obsessive with each other?"

"I don't know, I've got Dara Park obsession and there's just no way back."

"We're just going to have to live with it. However unbearable it is," she said smiling and kissing him.

"Dara, I love you, a lot, really, I love you."

"I love you too."

Jiyong who hadn't been noticed by Dara or Youngbae was standing in the kitchen watching them and smiling. He'd never seen his best friend like this, so happy and so incredibly annoying. After realising that his best friend was making out with his girlfriend, he decided that he should probably leave the apartment but as he did Youngbae noticed him.

"Hyung, I didn't know you were here," he said.

"Ah sorry, I was in the kitchen."

"So embarrassing," Dara said giggling and burying her head into his chest.

"Hyung, don't you have to be somewhere?"

"Yeah, uh, you're right. I have to be at the... uh supermarket to buy some food."

"See you Jiyong."

"See you Youngbae."

Jiyong left the apartment.

"So now where were we?"

The door opened and Jiyong came back in, "I'm sorry I forgot my wallet."

Youngbae sighed wrapping his arm around Dara, "Be quick. You don't want the supermarket to close."

"But it's only 2pm.."

"Hyung.."

"I've found it, oh look it was in my pocket," Jiyong said nervously laughing, "Bye guys."

***

"Daesung, you really think I should go for it?"

"Yeah of course, you and Minji will be such a great couple."

"Daesung, I don't want to anymore. You still love her, don't you, I can tell... I've only realised now, so I'm sorry I didn't before. But why did you break up with her?"

"Because you like her and after everything I want you to be happy."

"Daesung, you are so so stupid. So you're telling me that you gave her up for a stupid jerk like me? I want her to be happy and I know that you make her happy. You love her, so go and love her. Stop being so considerate all the time. She's not happy now and I hate seeing her like this. I can deal with liking her, it'll go away but your love is mutual. Go tell her, go tell her now, alright. Hyung, just go."

"Really? You're such a good friend. I'm sorry things have to be like this. And you're not a jerk, you never have been, ok? I'm going to go now, thanks."

***

"Minji, why are you so upset?"

"Daesung, he doesn't love me anymore, at all, he doesn't even care."

"I don't think that's true but even so you should move on, you'll find someone else."

"Thing is, Chaerin I don't want anyone else."

"I know, I know.."

"Is that the door knocking? I'll see who it is."

Minji opened the door, to see Daesung standing there exhausted and drenched in rain.