Boyfriend?

NINE

"I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking.. I uh," Chaerin said getting up from the floor and picking up her books.

"No, no, I'm sorry. I was just daydreaming, it's my fault. Can I help you with anything?"

"No, I'm fine thanks, thank you though... umm."

"I'm Jiyong by the way, Kwon Jiyong," he said. He looked at her, she seemed strangely familiar somehow but he couldn't quite tell who she was because of her sunglasses.

"I'm Lee Chaerin.. Sorry I'm in a bit of a rush, I have to get to a lecture."

"Me too. Mind if we walk together?"

"No, it's fine," she said forcing a smile. However cute and handsome he was, really she just wanted him to leave her alone. She didn't want to act and pretend. 

"So, umm I think I'm right but you performed recently right? With another girl.."

"Oh yeah, me and my friend Minji."

"You're both very talented. Do you want to be a singer/rapper?"

"Thanks, I guess I'd like to be both a singer and a rapper. I have a sort of open ticket to YG entertainment, so I can go there anytime I want..." She paused and felt sad again thinking about all that had happened...

"Wow, you must be very talented then," he said smiling, "I had an audition recently at YG and so I'm waiting to see if I got a callback or not.."

"Wait... You met Teddy Park a few days ago, right? And he offered you the audition... So you must be the guy who's really good at writing the songs.."

"Uhh yeah that's right but I wouldn't say I'm good at writing songs... Wait, you know Teddy Park?"

"Yes, I've known him for most of my life, really. He's just.." She stopped about to cry, "He's just amazing, right?"
 

"Yeah, so you're in here right for your lecture?"

"Yes."

"I think we're in the same lecture then." He smiled, "Ladies first."

After the lecture...

"That was interesting," Jiyong said.

"Yeah, that was the most amazing lecture I've ever been in, in my whole life."

"It was pretty dreadful wasn't it?"

"Worst lecture ever," she said laughing.

"Now, do you want me to walk you home?"

"Someone's picking me up sorry."

"Boyfriend?"

"No, no he's more than that. He's like my brother, my best friend really. We're so dependent on each other because we've been through so much together."

"Ah, I see. That's nice. Well then Chaerin, I'll see you round."

"Bye, Jiyong."

Chaerin looked at him as he walked away, she wondered how someone could be so warm to someone they had just met. She heard a voice behind her:

"Princess, your carriage is waiting," Seunghyun said.

"What? What carriage?"

"A bamboo carriage of course," he said smiling.

"Seunghyun, you really really need to stop watching so much Disney, you've become so cheesy lately."

"You've cheered up, and shhh you love Disney, I only watch it because of you!"

"You know you love Disney, Panda. Just admit it."

"Alright, alright. I love disney. You happy now?"

"Yes."

"You're so happy, what cheered you up?"

"Some guy named Jiyong," she said blushing slightly.

"OOH LA LA. I think someone is interested in this Jiyong guy."

"Wait Seunghyun you're interested in Jiyong? I had no idea."

"Shut up, you know I meant you, stupid."