Teddy Park

NINE

The next day...

"Minji, how do I look?" Chaerin said nervously.

"You look amazing, he'll probably be speechless when he sees you."

"Ah, Minji, I'm so nervous, what if he already has a girlfriend."

"Chaerin, I'm sure he likes you."

"Really?"

"Yeah, now go to him, you're going to be late."

"Oh, right, yeah, Bye Minji," she said hugging her and rushing out of the door.

***

Yongabae, Seunghyun and Jiyong were sitting on the sofa watching television.

"I wonder if we'll get a callback..." Yongbae said.

"I'm sure you two will, you were amazing," Choi Seung hyun said.

"Let's not worry about it, we'll see what happens soon," Jiyong said, "But just imagine if we actually got in. We could be in a boy band together... and produce some of my songs... It would be beyond reality, doing what I love every day."

***

Teddy Park was sitting at a table in a cafe, the people around him were all staring at him and he'd been asked for autographs several times in the few minutes he'd been there. He sighed, checking his watch, why wasn't she here yet?

"I'm sorry, I'm late, Teddy Oppa," she said.

"Oh it's you, Hey Chaerin," he said getting up and hugging her.

"Hey," she said blushing a little as she sat down.

"Now, how's uni been?"

"It's been great really, music, music, music everyday. I love it."

"Sounds good, you know I actually went looking for you yesterday."

"Really?" she said. He'd gone looking for her? Maybe he really did like her?

"Yeah, I ended up in the library. And actually I found this book, and it had loads of great lyrics in it and it belonged to this guy called Jiyong. He seems like he could join YG, no problem, he's a rapper too. So I got him and two of his friends in yesterday to audition and well, we want them to become trainees."

"Hmmm perhaps the next Teddy Park?" she said smiling.

"So Chaerin, you know you can always become a trainee at YG, I'm sure you could become really famous, you're very talented and I'd love to produce for you."

"Thank you.... but I couldn't yet, I have to study a bit longer but I'd really love to become a trainee."

"You should really consider it."

"I will."

"Now Chaerin, there's another reason I wanted to meet you.." he said looking away awkwardly.

"Yes?" she said.

"I know, well that you've liked me for some time now..."

Chaerin looked away embarrassed.

"Well," he said, "I feel like, I should tell you, Chaerin that I think you're a very nice girl, a very beautiful girl too but...."

"But?" she said.

"Us? It's never going to happen. I'm sorry but I'm too old for you and I don't think I could ever like you like that. I want you to stop waiting for you and find someone."

Chaerin paused and tried to stop her tears, she loved him so much, and she knew it was foolish for her to ever think that he would like her. Teddy reached out his hand to touch hers and said, "Chaerin, it's going to be alright. Do you want a hug?"

Chaerin nodded and he got up and hugged her. He'd never hugged her before, so it only made her like him more. She wanted to never let go, of the man she'd loved for seven years, there had never been anyone accept him in her heart. It hurt more than anything, that she knew she would have to let him go.