Awkward

NINE

Jiyong, Seunghyun and Bom arrived back at the house.

"I'll clean up," Jiyong said

"Are you sure? It's my mess," Seunghyun said.

"No you look after Bom, I won't be too long."

"Alright," he looked at Bom and said, "You want to sit down?" He pointed to the sofa and she sat down.He smiled at her, "You're very nervous aren't you?" 

"Yes, you've caught me out there," she said nervously, "I'm just not used to meeting people and being welcomed into their apartment's so easily."

"Well treat it as your own home, we're very laid back here. I think we'll be spending a lot more time together judging by Dara and Yongbae. He likes her a lot."

"Good because she likes him a lot too, they're a perfect couple, I really think they've sort of fallen for each other."

"So how about you, are you single?"

"Yeah, sadly." 

"No, that's a good thing," he said.

"Oh," she smiled.

"Those two have been gone for a while, haven't they? They must be walking pretty slowly."

"I didn't really notice." 

She didn't want to admit it but she quite liked him, there was something pretty charming about this guy and she felt comfortable around him. 

"You have a very cute smile," he said.

She blushed, "Thanks you do too."

"So have you three known each other long?"

"Yes, we're childhood friends, what about you and Dara?"

"Oh that's nice. Well we met not that long ago really but we're so close, I think it was about three years ago. I actually was the one who convinced her to  come to university."

"Well it's very good you did. I hear she's very talented and I imagine you are too."

"When I was younger I actually used to win a lot of singing competitions but I wouldn't say I'm that talented," she looked away slightly embarrassed.

"I'd love to hear your voice, want to sing something?"
 

"No, no I couldn't."

"Not even for me?"

"Well I might make an exception."

***

"I've missed you," Yongbae said, "I think you've got me under a spell."
 

She giggled hugging him, "You're so cute, Yongbae."

He smiled and kissed her nose, "But you're the cutest thing ever." 

"No you are," she said kissing his lips.

"If I say that I'm cuter, will you kiss me again?" 

"Yeah but I was thinking of kissing you again anyway," she smiled.

Before she could kiss him, he leaned in kissing her passionately holding on to her gently. 

"Yongbae, shouldn't we go inside already? They can probably see us.."

She didn't really want to go inside but she was pretty sure they could hear them.

"I don't care," he said kissing her again.

***

"I hear voices, I bet they're outside," Bom said.

"Ah, I can too. I wonder how long they've been out there. They're probably making out."

"No, they wouldn't be.. Actually they've been silent for a while."

They both laughed and Seunghyun said, "They're both so lucky to have us as  friends, we're not nosy at all."

At that moment Yongbae and Dara entered the apartment holding hands and grinning like little children, "Uh we just arrived now," Yongbae said.

"Sure you did..." Seunghyun said.

"Of course," Bom said.