The Criminal Seunghyun

NINE

"Good morning sweetheart," Choi Seung hyun said running his fingers affectionately over her forehead.

Bom's eyelids wavered then slowly opened, "Uh... Hi." She smiled widely at the man smiling widely at her. Why was such a perfect man like him even interested in her? But she barely knew him? Who was Choi Seung Hyun really? Was he a criminal, a murderer? He'd been watching her sleeping? Bom suddenly shot up and looked suspiciously at him. He didn't look like the type of person to be like that, did he? 

"Are you alright?" he said putting his hand on her shoulder.

"Yeah, I'm fine... really," she said nervously shrugging him off, "Seunghyun, are you employed?"

"No, I've never really worked."

"You've never worked?" Bom said shocked. 

"Well I've sorta had a job before," he said shrugging slightly embarrassed. Was she so disappointed he hadn't had a job before?

"What job?"
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

"I... worked for, last year I... at a.." he stumbled over his words trying to lie but realising he couldn't, "truth is Bom I."

"You're a criminal aren't you?" she said drawing away from him, defensively, "Or a murderer?"

"What?"

"You don't have to lie to me, why else would you be here? Everyone knows that you're way out of my league anyway, and you're too perf-. Please leave, I don't want to be tricked like this."

"Perhaps you can call me a criminal because I'm trying to steal away your heart but otherwise, no I'm not a criminal. I'm not sure why you'd think that, maybe I look like a criminal," he said pausing to look at his crumpled suit, "But do I have to have a reason like that to want to stay and look after such a beautiful and lovely girl as you? I know we've met only recently but when I saw you I knew I couldn't let you go. You're like a magnet, you draw people to you with that warm smile of yours. I don't know if you will feel the same way, a guy like me never gets a girl like you. If you want me to leave say, but I can't promise that I won't bother you or try to win you over-"

"Seunghyun, you... Seunghyun, I hope you always stay with me," she whispered hugging him, "unless you don't want to stay."

"Shh.. we could go on like this forever," he said smiling and pulling her onto his lap, "You seem a lot better today, maybe we could go out somewhere?"

"No, I don't want to," Bom said sternly.

"Ok.."

"I'm joking," Bom said smiling and laughing, "I'd love to go out somewhere with you."

"Ya! That wasn't funny!" 

***

"Daesung, do you want to go see Chaerin and Seunghyun today? It's been so long since we've all been together," Minji said as they casually walked through the park together.

"Why not? They're only a few minutes away, it's been a while since I've hung out with the panda properly. Chaerin must miss you. How is she taking the whole Teddy thing?"

"I think she's fine, part of her knew it would never happen. She met someone recently, who she seems to like a lot, so she's hopeful about that. Apparently he's 'totally hot'," she said laughing, "like you."

"No I'm not," Daesung said as he blushed embarrassed, "You're the hot one in this relationship, I'm here to keep things neutral."

"You're not cold Daesung," Minji said hugging him close to her and shutting her eyes, "you're the warmest person I know."

"Awww," he said kissing her head, "we're here."

"Right, where are my keys?"

"Here," he said handing her a pair of keys.

"Thanks," she said unlocking the door and shouting, "Chaerin! Seunghyun? I don't think they're here."

"They must be."

"Let me check the bedroom," Minji said, "Come on."

She ran to Chaerin's bed and carefully opened the door. Surprised she stared at what she saw in front of her. Seunghyun was holding Chaerin snuggly in his arms, his lips hanging over her forehead.