Turning from a Panda into a Man

NINE

"How where they?" Daesung asked.

"Uh.. well Minji was fine but Chaerin was really upset..." Seunghyun said.

"About what?"

"Teddy Park told her that he didn't like her."

"After all this time leading her on..."

"It's unfair, she's waited so long," he said sighing, "It's hard for me to see her like this. I think all this time I've taken her for granted, always gambling and turning up drunk on her doorstep. Hyung, I've really messed this up, haven't I? I want to give it up, or at least try to and then I can work hard and make her proud of me."

"You've really changed quickly. It seems the Panda is turning into a man."

"It's about time I grew up, I need to be someone who can be loved."

"Hyung, everyone loves you.."

"Not the person I want to, Minji doesn't even seem to like me, she just looks down on me."

"I should've told you the real reason I broke up with Minji.. It's because I know you love her and I know that being with her will make you happy. You just have to make yourself appeal to her, she's young, she needs someone to look up to. She doesn't really know you properly, so let her get to know you, don't tell her you like her just yet, that'll scare her off."

"Do you still love her?"

"No, of course not. It was never love." Daesung was though at this point lying, he still loved her, yes but he wanted his friend to be happy, after all that had happened he felt like he owed this to him.

"Good because if you did, I would've told you that she still loves you but I see you never loved her... It's sad really she seems lost without you."

Daesung looked blankly at him, reaching into his pocket and taking out a couple ring.

"It's stupid really, I still have this. I remember me and Minji went to an amusement park... She asked me if we could hold hands, we'd never held hands before but I said no... So then I took her to a little stall selling couple rings, and bought one for both of us.. Then I said putting the ring on her finger, that I'd always wanted the first time I touched her hand to be when she was my girl.."

"Hyung, ah you're such a romantic, such a cheesy romantic.." 

"I know," he said smiling, "But girls, they love it."

***

"Dara, I miss you."

"I miss you too Yongbae."

"What are you doing right now?"

"I don't want to say," she said looking at couple pictures of them both.

"Tell me."

"Alright, I'm looking at our couple pictures."

"Really? That's so cute.. You look so beautiful in those, so beautiful. Ah, I shouldn't have given you all the pictures, I miss your face."

"I still miss your face and I'm looking at it right now, trust me it only makes me miss you more."

"How did we become so lovesick like this? I spend half my time thinking of you and half my time talking to you. I just want to be with you."

"Same, I blame you, you're so amazing that I just can't keep you out of my head."

"You're amazing."

"No, you're amazing."

"No, you're amazing."

"No, you're amazing."

Jiyong walked through the kitchen carrying a plate with a sandwich on it and said, "No you're amazing." He laughed walking into his bedroom.

"Dara, there's been something that I've wanted to tell you..."

"What?"

"I've been afraid to say it, so early into our relationship and it's not something that I want to tell you over the phone. I just want you to know that I do."

"Aww Yongbae, I do too. I think I'm going to cry.."

"Don't cry, you'll make me cry too."

"You can't cry, Oppa," she said crying, "I'm so confused, I don't really understand anymore. How is there such a wonderful man as you?"

"How is there such a beautiful and kind woman as you?"

***