The ill Hello Kitty doll

NINE

Dara let Seunghyun into the apartment and so he went to see Bom:

"Hey," he said casually sitting on the chair next to her bed. 

Bom still looked unwell and she barely was able to move her head when he entered.

"Hi," she said.

"I bought you a little something... I just picked it up on the way here."
 

"Thanks," she said with a croaky voice.

"Shh... I don't want you to strain your voice, now here."

He brought out a cute Hello Kitty doll and handed it to her. "I thought you might like this, it reminded me of you."

Bom smiled, she would of said how perfect the gift was but she was losing her voice, instead she tried speaking but no words came out. She took the doll and hugged it, looking as though she had turned into a young child again. He reached out his hand and affectionately her forehead. 

"I've been asking myself what it is about you that makes you so special... There's just something about you that is always drawing me in... And I just want, I just want to look after you... because for some reason you've become precious to me..."

"No one's ever... said anything like that to me..." Bom said her eyes watering. 

"Well I'm saying this to you now and I really mean it. There's just something about you Bom. You should sleep and rest."

"I don't want to, I want to be with you. When I sleep I feel lonely.."

"Then how about we make a deal? If you sleep then I'll hold your hand and I won't let go of it until you wake up."

Bom nodded and said, "Ok."

He reached out his hand and gently held hers as she closed her eyes and fell asleep.

***

"Chaerin, you're back," Minji said smiling as her friend walked through the door.

"Hey," she said.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah, Panda cheered me up a lot. He's a really great friend, he just knows what to say to make me feel better."

"But don't you find him annoying? He's always drinking, gambling, being so irresponsible..."

"He wasn't always like that, only after Ji-eun..." She paused, "He's had a hard time, he doesn't even know how much he lost."

"Still, he should've gotten out of his bad habits by now.."

"Ah, anyway I also met someone, today."

"Oooh, tell all."

"His name's Jiyong, he's blonde like me... He's just so charming and has the most adorable smile. It just made me completely forget about.. He was just so kind really..."

"I'm glad you met someone, it's about time, hopefully you'll see him again..."

"I hope so too.. we have the same lecture a week, so we will."