Nightmares

NINE

"Minji, what are you doing here?" Seunghyun said frantically trying to hide Chaerin, "It's not what you think."

"Isn't it?" Minji said smugly, "It's alright Panda, it happens all the time. Chaerin obviously got drunk and thought you were someone else, there's nothing else that could explain it."

"Hey, how's that the only thing that could explain it. Chaerin likes me and I like her!"

"Exactly, exactly. I know you'd admit to it eventually," she smiled laughing, "I'm happy for you two, you really suit each other. I've always thought that. Daesung! Where are you?"

"He's here?" 

"Hey," Daesung said slipping through the door, "Seunghyun, what are you-? What's Chaerin-"

"Keep it down," Seunghyun whispered, "She's sleeping." 

"Sorry but you guys, you're, boyfriend and girlfriend?" Daesung said.

"I don't know yet, I'll be whoever she wants me to be," He pauses her hair, "Look at her, isn't she sweet, she's still sleeping."

"I'm just going to go make you guys some breakfast, I'll see you in a few minutes Dae," Minji said, smiling then leaving the room.

"Yeah, I can't believe things have turned out so well. I can't tell you how happy I am. We'll get a drink later, right?"

"Maybe a soft drink but I think it's about time that I became more of a man and less of a drunken panda. You know what I mean. I want to become someone that she can respect. I don't want to be alone anymore. I feel so happy when she's in my arms. My heart, my heart..."

"I've never seen you like this before. From now you're getting drunk on love and not drink, I get it, I'm drinking alone now!" 

"Hey, I'll come out for a small drink, a small one, just don't tell her," Seunghyun says smiling cheekily.

"She sleeps a lot doesn't she, are you sure she isn't listening to our conversation?"

"No, no or at least I hope not."

"Anyway, mate, I'll leave you to it."

"Seeya, remember to close the door."

"Course," he said smiling, "Look after her." 

"Get out already," Seunghyun said laughing.

"Ok, ok. Wow, there's really so much love in this house."

Daesung left the room, confused by what he had seen. He must've not really loved Minji at all. Well it had all worked out, he seemed to really like Chaerin and he had the most beautiful woman in front of him and she was making him breakfast, how lucky was he?

***

"Panda, panda," Chaerin said stirring in her sleep, "Panda, panda, where are you?"

"I'm here," Seunghyun said kissing the tip of her nose, "I'm here, it's alright."

Her eyes opened and closed as she drowsily slurred her words, "I had a nightmare again."

"A nightmare, what about?" 

"I don't know, I can't remember," Chaerin moaned her head burning in pain. 

"Chaerin, what's wrong?"

"My head hurts and I'm scared. I'm sorry, you don't want to be with me when I'm like this, I'll leave," Chaerin said tearful trying to struggle from his arms but unable.

"Chaerin, I'm not letting you go. Whatever you're dreaming, it's all in your head, it's not real. You were fine before, keep calm. It's all going to be alright."

"That's what you said before, and it wasn't."

"When did I say that? I haven't said that to you before."
 

"No, no you said 'It's all going to be alright, she's not dead'. But she died Seunghyun, what if I die like her, what if I was meant to die?" 

"Chaerin, calm down, calm down," Seunghyun said calmly, "We need to move on from that, you've been so strong up until now, I'm so proud of you. You've even looked after me when I've been a complete idiot. What I'm trying to say is that you can be weak now, you can cry as much as you want but it breaks my heart. We loved Ji-eun and we need to let her go, otherwise we'll never move on. Hold my hand and it will all be alright my baby girl, I'm going to protect you all the way, whatever happens, you need to remember that."

Chaerin remained quiet, burying her head under his, then spoke quietly, "Don't tell them that I'm like this, they think I'm strong. I want to be happy and cheery. You make me smile Panda, so stay with me. I'll be fine in a minute."

"I'll do something fun with you today, take you shopping maybe, I know how much you love your clothes and I'll buy you something pretty and then we can go and practice and I'll show you some of my ultra y dancing."

"That sounds good but we all know that your dancing is dorky not y," Chaerin said slightly cheered up, "Well maybe a little bit y."