Too late

NINE

"Minji."

"Daesung, uh... why are you here?" she said nervously stuttering on her words.

"Because I want you back."

"What?"

"I want you Minji, I love you."

"You don't love me, you can't."

"I do love you Minji, I love you so much."

"But you broke up with me?"

"I was stupid back then, I didn't realise how much you meant to me. I didn't know what I wanted."

"You can't just come back here now after so long and say that you want me back. Do you have any idea how much you've hurt me?"

"I know that I'm in the wrong Minji and it hurts me to think how much I've hurt you and in the process hurt myself. I tried to stay away from you and to forget that I love you but I can't. Please let me make it up to you."

"It's too late, I've moved on."

"You still love me though, don't you?"

"Maybe I do, maybe I don't. I'm not going to let myself get hurt again by you. I'm sorry, really but I just can't anymore."

"Minji, please, please don't say that. I'll do anything for you, you're the one for me. Remember that time when I first said I loved you, remember how happy I was when you said you loved me too. Think of all the happy times we've had together. All the smiles, laughter. I can't let that go, I can't let you go."

Minji paused, staring at her drenched Ex boyfriend in the rain. She wanted so much to hug him and to tell him that she loved him too but what if it all happened again? Could she deal with that pain twice over.

"Daesung, leave."

"I can't," he said grabbing her hand tears forming in his eyes, "There is no way that I can leave you again."
 

"Daesung... Don't be like this, don't get upset over a girl like me. There are tons of girls in this world."

"But there's only one you... Minji I guess if you want me to leave, then I'll go. If you change your mind and want to be with me, you only have to say and I'll come running, whether it's 3am in the morning or 6pm, I'll be here." 

He gently let go of her hand, staring sadly at her one last time and started to walk away. Minji stood in the frame of the door and watched him. She wondered if she'd see him smiling anytime soon, she loved his smile. As he went further away, her heart felt as if it was breaking apart. Before she knew it, she was on her feet, running after him.