Beginning

NINE

 

Jiyong came into the hallway carrying a small package. He paused for a second looking at his two friends Seunghyun and Yongbae. They hadn’t even noticed him come in.

“Hello, hello… What are you guys staring at?”

“Ah, Jiyong, you’re here,” Choi Seung hyun said, not even turning his head.

Yongbae and Choi Seung hyun were staring away from Jiyong.

‘Seriously, what are you guys looking at? Oh….”

“They’re both so pretty,” Yongbae murmured, “I don’t think I’ve ever seen a girl so pretty in my whole life.”

“Ah, yongbae. You start liking girls too easily, yet you’ve never dated anyone,” Seung Hyun said.

Jiyong and Seung Hyun laughed. “I’m being harsh again, sorry. The red haired girl is really something, she’s got nice legs too and ankles.”

“Only you, notice a girl’s ankles,” Jiyong smiled, “And anyway I prefer the brunette one she’s cute. So are you going to ask for their phone numbers then?”

“You know I couldn’t. I’d get way too nervous, she’s just too pretty,” Yongbae sighed, smiling over at the brunette girl, “Aren’t they in the year above anyway?”

The brunette smiled at Yongbae, making him blush. 

"Isn't he so handsome?" Dara smiled, "He's got such a cute smile too. And the blonde one over there is cute too."

"The tall one, yeah I know he is. His eyes are really something, right?" Park Bom said.

"Wait I meant the short one," Dara said whilst staring at Yongbae, "Do you think he's single?"

"Well considering he's been staring at you for the past century, I imagine so. Just go and talk to him, go on. You'll probably make his day," Park Bom said whilst pushing her friend forward, towards them.

"Uh.. hello," Dara said whilst playing with her hair, "I'm Sandara.. I mean Dara, Dara Park. Sorry.. I'll go now.."

"We'll leave you guys alone.." Jiyong awkwardly said, dragging Choi Seung Hyun with him. As he was dragged away, he looked back at Park Bom and waved. She looked up shyly and smiled. He couldn't quite remember the last time a girl had made his heart beat this fast.

"Umm.. my name's Yong Bae, it's nice to uh meet you. You know you're well.. You're..."

"I'm what?" Dara said confused.

"You're very pretty."

"Oh," Dara smiled staring up into his eyes.

"Would you like to go somewhere sometime?"

"How about we go somewhere sometime, now?"

Yongbae had never been on a date before. Did this mean that he would finally have his first date. He felt himself becoming nervous and his throat drying up. What if he did something wrong and she just left. She'd probably dated a ton of handsome guys before. How could he compare?

Meanwhile later that day...

“Oh sorry, I took a while. I was just on the phone with Teddy oppa,” Chaerin said beaming.

“What did he say?” Minji replied.

“Well, he told me that he wanted to see me next week to talk. That is a good sign right?”

Minji smiled, “Of course it is. You know he’s probably head over heels in love with you already. I can just see it, you dating the rapper of 1TYM. Wow, Chaerin you really are lucky.”

“Well if it does work like that, then I promise that I will get you to meet Usher, so that you can marry him.”

“Me and Usher are already secretly married, he just doesn’t know it yet.”

They both smiled and started to laugh but were interrupted by a sharp knock on the door.

“Who is it?” They said simultaneously.

“It’s Lee Seung Hyun,” he said, “can you let me in?”

Chaerin and Minzy both looked at each other. They were always being disturbed by him, night and day. Usually they enjoyed his company but recently he had become more rebellious and so increasingly annoying.

“Ok you can come in but Lee Seung hyun, I will kill you if you make a mess in here. We’ve been cleaning all day,” Chaerin shouted as she rushed to the door.

“Hello ladies,” Seungri winked as he entered the door.

“Oh not this again.” Minji muttered, “You’re drunk again, aren’t you?”

“I’m not drunk,” Seungri said insistently, stumbling round the room.

“I think you’ll find that you are," Chaerin said, "I think we need to call Daesung again to pick him up. He really should learn, one of these days. He needs to stop gambling as well."

"But I'm good at it," Seung Hyun murmured.

It was true Lee Seung Hyun had always been terribly good at gambling, he was always incredibly lucky when it came to card games. He'd made thousands out of it but you couldn't help but think that his lucky streak would run out sooner or later. 

Lee Seung Hyun fell down and onto Minji's lap, falling asleep.

"He really doesn't get enough sleep these days. He's starting to look like a panda," Minji said pushing him off her lap.

Chaerin reached for her mobile, "I'm going to call Daesung now. It'd be nice if he can come over anyway. He's always so happy and positive. You'd think he'd have rubbed off on him by now, considering they share a room and all."

She started to dial the number and waited for the phone as it rang but she didn't have to wait long.

"Hey Daesung."

"Chaerin, it's nice to hear your voice."

"Thanks. Anyway I'm sorry to bring you into this again but there's a drunken panda on our floor and we were wondering if you could remove it."

"Sure, I'll be right over."