Chapter 8: Long Nights

S.M. Spies

Back in the present! :)  I hope you liked the filler on Yuki's past! ^_^  Enjoy Chapter 8!  Oh, and YAY FOR SEVEN SUBSCRIBERS!  You guys make me feel so cool B)  Keke, just kidding~  But my subbies are awesome!!!  Even my silent subbies :D  Anyone else that is enjoying this story, please do subscribe or leave some feedback for me!  Thank you all~!

~Yuki 


Yuki finished her story.  She had been speaking for well over an hour.  Onew, Taemin, Key, and Jonghyun had all been listening in complete silence to her story.  Without warning, the four of them scooted closer to Yuki and hugged her.  "I'm sorry you had to go through so much. . ." Onew said.

"I can't believe you dealt with everything alone. . ." Jonghyun said quietly.

"You'll never be alone again Noona," Taemin said with a determined tone, "you have us now."

"I finally get the significance of the necklace," Key said, smiling at Yuki.  After breaking the hug, Yuki smiled at her friends.

"It was all in the past guys.  I have you now.  I'm okay," she said with a smile.  After a second of quiet, the questions and comments started.

"You would ask to call older boys 'hyung' instead of 'oppa'," Jonghyun snickered.

"Speaking of hyungs," Key said, "what happened to Junghan, Haru, and Sihyun?  Didn't Soo Man-ssi say that he had a plan for them?"

Yuki nodded once, smiling happily.  "As of right now, Sihyun Hyung is the Chief of Police for the Seoul Police Force.  Haru Hyung and Junghan Hyung serve directly underneath him as his wing men.  They're both Deputy Chiefs.  Soo Man-ssi made good on his promise. Sihyun Hyung and Junghan Hyung are both happily married.  Haru Hyung just proposed to his girlfriend a few days ago."

The boys smiled widely at the news.  They were impressed that Sihyun, Junghan, and Haru managed to become such high-ranking officials.  Especially for Seoul's police force.  "That's fantastic, Yuki!" the boys cheered.

"Yeah," Yuki said, smiling as she thought about her friends on the force, "I'm proud of them."  Then she checked her watch.  "Damn, it's late," she exclaimed, jumping to her feet, "I still have to write my report!"  The boys chuckled.

"Get going Yuki," Onew said, "we'll meet you back at the dorm."

"It's going to be a long night. . ." Yuki said, groaning.

"Have fun~" Taemin said in a mocking tone.  Yuki shot the boys a glare before standing up and going back down to S.M.'s lobby.

div6.png

"Damn. . . I didn't expect to meet her again," Minho said to himself.  The party was starting to die down and Minho was sitting in a corner of the enormous party room, collecting his thoughts.  The Yuki he saw now wasn't very different from the Yuki he knew then.  Fiery personality, strong attacks, the same hate of being underestimated.  Still pretty. . . Minho thought, WAIT WHAT.  NO.  WHERE THE HELL DID THAT COME FROM?!

Minho shook his head slightly, unsure of what just happened.

Minho hadn't changed that much either.  Still good-looking, still sharp-witted, still the heart throb of all the girls in Seoul that knew him.  His experience out in with the gangs of Seoul gave him an edge during his training, allowing him to finish faster than the other recruits.  He became a full package; a quality, he had heard, that was rare to find in spies.    

And he just HAD to be paired with his worst enemy.  Aish. . . Minho thought, rubbing his temples.  His thoughts were interrupted when the party music suddenly stop and was replaced by the sound secretary's voice coming from the intercom.  "All available spies please report the lobby," the secretary ordered.  There was a few seconds of silence before everyone in the party room stood up and made their way towards the lobby.

"Hyung!" Minho heard someone call him as he entered the lobby.  He turned around to find Taemin smiling and waving at him.  Minho grinned back and walked over to the boy, only to find that he was with Key, Onew, and Jonghyun.  

"Hey guys," Minho said casually.  The four boys nodded at him, smiling.

"So. . . Anyone have any idea what's going on?" Jonghyun asked.  The four other boys shook their heads, looking just as mystified as he was.  The huge lobby was filled with soft murmurings of conversations.  The conversations suddenly stopped when Soo Man walked into the room and took a seat at the receptionist's desk.  

"Hello everyone," Soo Man said, "forgive me for interrupting your party, but there is one issue that needs to be resolved before we continue on with our daily business."   The spies in the room looked at Soo Man expectantly, waiting for him to elaborate.  "As you know, one of our trainees has recently become an official spy for S.M.  Mr. Choi Minho, congratulations on your accomplishment and welcome to S.M."  Minho stood and bowed, smiling at the sound of the applause and welcoming cheers.  "Now, the problem we needed to take care of was his sleeping arrangements.  Now that he's an official part of S.M., he needs to move out of the trainee dorms."

The sleeping arrangements for the spies in S.M. were very. . . interesting.  A group of spies (ranging from 5 to 15) usually lived together in the same dorm.  These groups would be decided based on training schedules and (occassionally) personal preference.  For some added fun, Soo Man permitted these dorm groups to give themselves a name.  For example, there was f(x), Girls' Generation, Super Junior, EXO-K, EXO-M (the two had been separated because there were simple too many boys to accomodate for in one dorm), Big Bang, etc.  The groups were USUALLY separated by gender.  The term "usually" is only used because of Yuki's sleeping arrangement.  Jonghyun, Jinki, Taemin, Kibum, and Yuki lived in a dorm they deemed "SHINee."  If it had been any other of the female spies in S.M., Soo Man would have never allowed a girl to stay with a group of boys.  Yuki's schedule, however, was completely different from those of the other female spies, making it completely impractical for her to stay with them.  Letting her live alone wasn't a suitable option either.  Soo Man knew Yuki well enough to know that she didn't care who she stayed with.  She had never shown interest in any of the boys in the agency.  Moreover, she was closest with Jinki, Jonghyun, Key, and Taemin.  Therefore, after much consideration of the pros and cons (and much begging from Yuki and the boys) Soo Man finally agreed to allow Yuki to stay in the SHINee dorm.  In the beginning, things were difficult.  Rumours spread wildly around S.M. about the "real reason" Yuki stayed with the four boys.  They were started, obviously, by the jealous female population of S.M.  The rumours continued until Yuki finally decided to put her foot down.

"Oooh, Soo Man-ssi!" one of the girls in the room piped up, "Minho Oppa can stay with us."  She batted her eyelashes at Minho.  Minho smirked.

"I wouldn't necessarily mind that," Minho said, turning his head and winking in the general direction of the girl.  The group he winked at giggled madly.  

I can see why Yuki would have a problem with him, Onew thought to himself, if she were here, she might have hit him again.

"Absolutely not," Soo Man said flatly, looking at the girl.

"But what about Yuki?" the girl protested.

Yuki? Minho thought, what about her?  He turned to his four friends in confusion.

"We'll explain later," Onew said quietly.

"Agent Bul is a special case!" Soo Man replied, "and I'm almost positive we all agreed that my decision on her sleepings arrangements was fine!"

"Tch. . ." another girl scoffed, "nothing special about her.  She's just an attention seeker."

A few people nodded in agreement, but the majority remained silent, glaring at the girl.  The SHINee boys in particular bristled in anger.  "Well Sohee," Key attempted to say calmly, "maybe if you volunteered to rough yourself up a little bit, maybe if you volunteered to put your life on the line not only to attain secrets that would benefit South Korea but protect South Korea's own secrets as well, maybe if you even considered what Yuki has done for S.M., you could room with Minho."

"Yeah," Jonghyun said, stepping up, "maybe if you spent more time honing your skills like Yuki does rather than worry about how you look for the male spies here. . .you could begin to consider making a request like that."

". . ." Taemin muttered, just loud enough for his friends to hear.  Onew quickly shushed Jonghyun and Key, but he looked like he was about ready to yell at Sohee himself.

"Oh come on Oppas," Sohee said, rolling her eyes, "I bet that she just makes half the stuff up.  She probably just hangs out in the background while her squadmates take care of the assignments."  Before any of the members of SHINee dorm could start shouting, a clear voice rang out.

"Shut up," Minho said, turning around fully so his flaming eyes met Sohee's.  The girl gulped nervously.  "You don't know anything about Yuki.  You don't know what she's been through and how that affected her.  You don't know how much she has given and how much more she is willing to sacrifice for our country.  'Just hangs out in the background' huh?  Ever stopped to consider that she's been working alone for some time now?  There's no squad out there to watch her back.  She could literally be killed at any second when she's on a mission.  So think twice before you consider saying something like that to a girl like Yuki.  Oh, and even if you could do HALF the things that Yuki can, I still wouldn't room with you," Minho tacked on as an afterthought.  His long monologue left Sohee in a red-faced silence.  Minho was unexplicably angry.  Sure, he had made fun of Yuki for a reason similar to Sohee's earlier in the day, but his problem was that he felt that only HE could crack such jokes about Yuki.  No one else had that right. 

Onew, Jonghyun, Key, and Taemin all stared at Minho oddly.  The same thought was running through their minds.

They hate each other. . . right?

"Ah. . . yes. . . well then. . ." Soo Man said awkwardly, "back to business.  Mr. Choi, after taking a look at what your schedule would be like, I believe I've worked out your sleeping arrangement."  Minho nodded at Soo Man.  He walked over to the man to receive his dorm assignment.  "All right everyone, meeting dismissed!  Go get some shut eye!" Soo Man said.

"Aish. . ." Yuki said, running her hand through her hair in irritation, "stupid report.  I swear, if being out on the field doesn't kill me, this will."  It was about one in the morning and Yuki STILL hadn't finished her report.  She was sitting at her desk in her bedroom , forcing her eyes to stay open as she continued typing.  

Yuki and the boys had cut a pretty good deal regarding their dorm.  Soo Man had held a bit of a competition among all the spy groups in S.M. for the dorms.  First place got to pick their dorms first, then second place, third place, etc.  He only had one conidition:  Because of the varying number of spies per group, the amount of bedrooms within the dorm a group chose would have to be close to the number of members of the group.  In other words, a group of 5 would not be allowed to choose a dorm with 10 bedrooms.  Yuki's competitive nature gave the SHINee group an edge, allowing them to win first place.  The group decided on a dorm with a little legroom.  Their dorm had six bedrooms total, each an average size.  Every member got their own bedroom, plus one extra guest bedroom.  Along with that, the dorm came with a large living room, a standard kitchen and dining room, and a small office.  All in all, in Yuki and the boys' opinion, an excellent choice.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Yuki's bedroom

Taemin's bedroom

Key's bedroom

Jonghyun's bedroom

Onew's bedroom

Guest bedroom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Ugh, I can't work in here.  I'm going to fall asleep," Yuki said to herself, standing up, "I need coffee."  Yuki shut her laptop so it switched to tablet mode [A/N:  Her laptop is a laptop/tablet hybrid~  Yes, they exist :P] and walked into the kitchen to make coffee.  Once she had her cup, she decided to move to the dorm's office so she could stay on task. 

An hour later, the door of the dorm opened to reveal an absolutely exhausted Jinki, Jonghyun, Kibum, Taemin. . . and Minho.  "Well, welcome to your new dorm," Jonghyun tried to say, stifling a yawn.

"Mianhe Minho," Onew said wearily, "normally we would be more excited but-"

"Don't worry about it," Minho said immediately, "we're all exhausted.  You can just tell me where my room is.  I think everyone just really wants to go to sleep."  The others nodded, their eyes already half-closed.  It had been a very long night.

"You'll be taking the guest room," Key said, "it's already prepared since no one uses it.  You can just drop your bags in there for now.  We'll help you unpack tomorrow."

"Your room is the very first one down the hall on the left hand side, hyung," Taemin said, "we'll give you a more formal tour tomorrow as well." 

Minho nodded once.  "Thanks guys, I'll see you in the morning."  The others nodded sleepily and shuffled towards their respective rooms.  They had briefly considered telling Minho that Yuki stayed in the dorm with them, but they decided that they had had enough excitement for one night.  Come to think of it, they hadn't really had the time to tell Yuki either.

Minho walked towards the hallway and entered one of the rooms.  Ah, this must be my room, he thought, noticing the bed.  Quickly dropping his bags in the corner, Minho discarded his day clothes and switched into a pair of sweats, deciding it was too hot for a shirt.  After changing, Minho fell onto the bed and fell asleep instantly.

"Finally!" Yuki exclaimed, sending the "print" command to the office's wireless printer.  She eyed the time, yawning.  2:45 a.m.  Screw my life, she thought miserably.  After collecting her papers, Yuki placed her report in a business file and made her way towards her room.  Too tired to really do anything, Yuki walked straight to her bed and got under the covers.  Before she completely lost consciousness, one last thought crossed Yuki's mind.

Is it warmer than usual?  Or is it just me?


Oh boy. . . here we go.  Stay tuned for the next chapter! :D

~AthleticShawol