Chapter 25: Interrogation

S.M. Spies

Another update for you all!! :D <3  I finished my last final today and am officially on break!  SUCCESS!!! :DD  If you don't mind, please do look at the Author's Note at the end!! ^_^ <3  I hope you enjoy the chapter!!

OH!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEE JINKI!!! 

It's funny how we celebrated Minho's birthday with the last chapter and today, we update a chapter and it's YOUR birthday!!  Please continue to be the amazing Dubu Leader Onew that every Shawol knows and loves!!  Thank you for being the wise, occassionally clumsy, chicken loving leader of my most favorite band!  LEE JINKI HWAITING!!!  (His birthday is on December 14, but it's his birthday in Korea, so what the heck!)


Yuki was at war with herself.  After returning to the dorms the day previous, the girl had avoided any type of contact with Minho.  After speaking briefly with Key, Taemin, Jonghyun, and Jinki about the mission (and much yelling at Jonghyun for not getting her bike home the previous night), the girl had simply gone to bed.  Unfortunately, although her body was resting, Yuki's mind was wide awake.

It's IMPOSSIBLE for me to harbor any type of romantics feelings for that frog.  Ew.

Tch, I've never even LIKED anyone before!  How the hell am I supposed to know?  The girls' advice couldn't even apply to me for all I know!

Why am I even thinking about this?  My brain is starting to hurt!  Ughhh, just let me sleeeeeep.

It was a quiet morning in the SHINee dorm.  Minho and Yuki's usual bickering had come to an abrupt halt.  Minho noticed that something was bothering the girl, but he couldn't understand the problem.  The other SHINee members sensed that something was amiss, but they made no comment on it during breakfast.  After washing her cereal bowl in the sink, Yuki went back to her room to get ready.

The girl's watch started blinking as she was changing.  Perhaps training will clear my mind, the girl sighed mentally as she tapped the device with her index finger.  After pressing the SHINee folder, the familiar set of rapidly changing binary code appeared.  Finally, coherent words could be made out.

Name:  Bul Yuki

Date:  1 December 2013

Schedule:

8:30 a.m. - Martial Arts practice

10:00 a.m. - Report to Main Cabin

Or not. . . Yuki thought, frowning at the hologram in front of her.  She realized that Soo Man probably wanted to see her for debriefing.  And if Yuki had to go. . .

Then Minho did too.

Aish, Yuki thought, get a grip on yourself, Yuki.  Are you really going to let KERORO'S presence affect you?  Come on!  You sound AFRAID of him right now.  Do you really want to think that you, Bul Yuki, are SCARED of an enemy?  HA!  Pathetic!  Now get your out of this dorm and to S.M.!  You've got to do!  Fighting!

With this mental encouragement speech, Yuki set off for S.M. after bidding her fellow SHINee members good-bye.  After passing S.M.'s security check, Yuki took a deep breath and headed towards the stairs that would take her to the Martial Arts Training room of S.M.

After stretching herself out on a mat, Yuki began her own individual training.  Usually, there would either be a trainer or fellow spy she could spar with, but there was currently no one in sight.

"Stances first," Yuki muttered to herself.  Closing her eyes, she slipped into her standard fighting stance.  Knees slightly parted for maximum balance, one bent and the other slightly pointed outwards in order to ensure an ability to either stay grounded or move quickly, arms bent at the elbow, palms up with the thumb, ring, and pinky finger bent inwards towards the palm, and back straight.  Taking a breath, Yuki began moving, fluidly changing her stances as she imagined different scenarios against an enemy.  Abruptly, the girl shifted to offensive tactics.  

Balancing herself on one foot, Yuki released a series of side kicks towards an imaginary enemy.  When she noticed herself slightly losing her balance, the girl brought the foot that was in the air back to the ground and immediately sent her other foot flying through the air for a roundhouse kick.  Noticing a black bamboo pole leaning against the wall, Yuki sprinted towards it and picked it up before jumping at the wall and pressing her foot against it, allowing herself to perform a clean backflip and land on one knee, pole in hand.

While spinning it threateningly, Yuki switched the pole from her right hand to her left hand before using both hands to twirl the pole over her head.  With one final twirl, Yuki brought the pole down in front of her, jabbing it at an imaginary enemy.  Keeping her position, the girl panted with exhaustion from the rigorous training exercise.  

"Like a rock, Ha Ha, you must be hard! Ha Ha!
Like a Oak, mmah! you must stand firm!  Ha ha!
Cut quick, like my blade!
Think fast, Ha Ha! unafraid!"

Yuki rolled her eyes at the familiar song before straightening out of her crouched position and turning to face the intruders.  "Well, well, well, if it isn't EXO," she said, shaking her head at the mix of twelve Korean and Chinese spies.  Thanks to EXO, all of the male spies of S.M. had developed the habit of comparing Yuki to Mulan [A/N: the female Chinese warrior from the Disney movie "Mulan" and "Mulan II".  Feel free to look her up if you want!] 

"Hi Jie Jie~!" Tao said, smiling at Yuki.

"I swear Tao, you don't get enough sleep," Yuki said, ruffling the younger boy's hair and looking at the dark circles under his eyes.

"Look who's talking," Joomyun said, rolling his eyes, "your dark circles are worse than Tao's!"

"It's nothing," Yuki said, "I'm fine."  Yuki's words were immediately met by twelve glares.

"Honestly," Kris said, "you have GOT to take better care of yourself."

"Sure, sure, Yi Fan," Yuki said easily.

"He's right, Noona," Kai said, concern evident in his eyes, "how do you expect to do well on missions if you're chronically tired?"

"Don't worry, Kai!  I'm fine!  Aren't I always?"

"NO," the twelve boys chorused at once.

"That is seriously creeping me out guys," Yuki said lightly, referring to the boys' simultaneous answers.

"You're avoiding the subject, Yuki," Luhan said, "if you won't take care of yourself-"

"Guys," Yuki interjected, smirking, "are you here to lecture me or to train?  Who wants to bet that I can take you all down at once?"

Kai, Xiumin, Sehun, Suho, and Luhan immediately backed off.  They weren't field spies.  Kai and Xiumin were both part of the gadgets department, while Sehun and Luhan held positions in the decoding department.  Although Suho was an on-the-field spy, he refused to take part in the children's childish antics.  The rest of the boys however, grinned at the idea.

"Yuki. . ." Xiumin said nervously, "are you sure about this?"

"I wouldn't have thrown out the challenge if I wasn't, bro," Yuki said, tossing bamboo sticks to the other seven EXO members. 

"You realize that we're not going to go easy on you, right?" Lay asked with a smirk on his face as he slowly became accustomed to the weight and length of his staff.

"Please, Lay," Yuki scoffed, "I would call you a coward if you said you were going to go easy on me."

"You are SOOO going down, Bul," Chen said cockily.  Yuki met the eyes of each boy in front of her before smirking and slipping into her fighting stance.

"Come.at.me.bro."

With a playful shout of challenge, the seven boys ran towards Yuki, staffs raised.

Yuki calmly picked the dirt out of her fingernails as she eyed the seven boys laying in a pile in front of her, groaning in pain.  "You were saying, Jongdae?" the girl asked cheekily as she leaned against her staff.  Chen pulled himself out from underneath Baekhyun and flopped onto his back, panting.  

"," he cursed, "I didn't think you could catch me off-guard liked that."

"You shouldn't underestimate me that quickly," Yuki said, smirking.

"You do realize that Chen Hyung is usually the first person to doubt your abilities, right Noona?" Sehun asked.

"I only do it because it's really funny to see her angry," Chen pointed out, "I still can't believe you took out Chanyeol and Tao."

"Are you kidding?" Tao said, finally standing up, "I train with Yuki Jie-jie all the time!  Of course she'd be able to knock me out!"

"Nonsense, Tao," Yuki said immediately, "there are plenty of times where you've managed to send me to the ground!  And as for Chanyeol, well. . ."

"Oh shut up, Yuki," Chanyeol said, rolling his eyes, "I'm meant for strength, not agility."

"That's why your supposed to TRAIN based on your weaknesses, stupid," Yuki scolded, lightly hitting Chanyeol's side with her staff, causing him to growl at her.

Suho clucked his tongue.  "Children," he muttered, shaking his head.

"Seriously hyungs," Sehun said, shaking his head, "you guys got destroyed."

"By one girl, no less," Kai said, smirking.

"By Yuki," Baekhyun corrected automatically, "I no longer classify her as a girl."

"A ing demon is more like it," Kyungsoo muttered under his breath.

"Eh, I like Little Dragon better," Kris said.

"Only because you're Big Dragon, Kris," Yuki said, chuckling lightly.  Before anyone could carry on the conversation any further, a loud bang was heard as the door to the Martial Arts room slammed open.

"Hey guys!" Jonghyun said, "have you seen- WHOA WHAT THE HAPPENED."  Jonghyun's eyes widened when he saw Kris, Tao, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Chen, Lay, and D.O. laying on the floor.  Taemin, Key, and Jinki, who had filed in behind Jonghyun, gasped at the sight.

"Taemin Hyung!" Kai said happily, walking over to bump fists with his close friend, "what's up?"

"Nothing much, bro," Taemin said, touching his fist to Kai's, "we came to get Noona. . . uh. . . what happened?"

"You mean before or after these guys got their asses whooped?" Xiumin asked, stifling a laugh.

"Shut it, Baozi," Kris said, rolling his eyes and wincing slightly as he stood up.  

"All right, who challenged her?" Key asked, looking at all the boys with an eyebrow raised.

"Well TECHNICALLY, we didn't challenge her. . ."

"Well, yeah, until Chen Hyung set her off."

"YAH!"

"ANYWAYS," Jinki said, not even bothering to pursue the current conversation any further, "Yuki, in case you didn't notice, it's almost time to report to the Main Cabin."

Yuki's heart stuttered a little bit at the thought of seeing Minho, but she immediately brushed it off.  You don't have any feelings for him.  Calm the down, she thought to herself.

"Hey, I actually remembered this time," Yuki said with a slight smile as she caught the towel that Kai threw to her, "I got in a lot of training today, so that's good."  After wiping the sweat from her face, Yuki walked over to the boys still sprawled on the floor and one by one, helped them up.  

"If I bruise, I'm holding you responsible Demon Child," Baekhyun hissed as Yuki pulled him up.

"I swear to god you have the personality of some of the temptresses here," Yuki replied, rolling her eyes, "keep that up, and I'm gonna have to start calling you 'Pretty Boy Bacon'."

Yuki's statement, coupled with Baekhyun's facial expression, sent all the boys into roars of laughter.  Before the assaulted boy could retort, Yuki quickly grabbed Jinki and Key's hands, prompting Jonghyun and Taemin to follow them.  "Catch you guys later!" Yuki called over her shoulder, "it was a good match!"

Six pairs of eyes followed Soo Man as he paced back an forth in deep thought.  Minho and Yuki had just finished explaining the entire mission in detail to Soo Man and the remaining SHINee members.  As the elder man paced, he kept repeating one thing:  "Things are not good. . . things are certainly not good at the moment."

"Agent Onew," Soo Man suddenly said, stopping his pacing.

"Sir?" Jinki asked, looking at his superior.

"Has the spy revealed anything of importance as of yet?" 

"Agent Leetuk switched with me as soon as I received your summons.  While I was with him, he revealed certain details to the plan that Minho and Yuki had discovered," Jinki explained.

"All right. . ." Soo Man sighed, taking a seat at his desk, "enlighten us."

"Sir, according to what this spy has revealed to us, North Korea planned on using the information that would be supplied to them by the Underworld to break into major jails in South Korea and free highly dangerous criminals, harnessing their power and resentment towards our country to pit them against us.  Furthermore, by attempting to gain access to major landmarks and important buildings within the country, North Korea's spy base hoped to create a truce with currently active terrorist groups and launch attacks on areas.  He gave a few names.  Some are relatively small:  The COEX mall, the Seoul Museum of Art. . . you get the idea.  But they were trying to expand further.  Their bigger goals included the Incheon International Airport, the Banpo Bridge. . ."  Jinki finally hesitated.

"What?  What is it?" Minho asked, looking at his companion, "you're making it sound like there's more. . ."

Jinki finally took a deep breath.  "Their biggest targets were the War Memorial of Korea and. . .

the Northeast Asia Trade Tower."  Everyone in the room gasped.  Yuki sprang up from her seat. 

"Impossible," she said flatly, "if they gained that much ground. . ."

"They would destroy South Korea from the inside out," Jonghyun said blankly, the shock still registering on his face.  Without another word, Yuki sprinted out of the Main Cabin.

"YAH, ICE PRINCESS!  WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING?!" Minho shouted, sprinting after the girl.  The rest of SHINee was quick to follow.  

Yuki didn't stop until she practically kicked down the door to the confined room where Leetuk and the spy were seated.  "A-agent Bul?" Leetuk said in surprise as the girl walked walked inside.  She had locked the door as soon as she walked in, forcing the rest of SHINee to watch through the bullet-proof glass that split the interrogation room in two.  The part of the room that Yuki, Leetuk, and the North Kroean spy were in was made up of four concrete walls.  There were only two metal chairs and a metal table in the center of the room.  A lie detector sat on top of the table, but it was currently unplugged. Leetuk quickly stepped aside when he noticed the look on Yuki's face.  Without hesitating for a second, Yuki grabbed the North Korean spy by the collar of his tattered shirt. 

"How much do they know?!" she demanded.  The man smirked at Yuki's actions, but remained silent.  "I said. . ." Yuki growled.  She yanked the man out of his metal chair and slammed him against the wall with full force.  "HOW.MUCH.DO.THEY.KNOW?!"  The North Korean spy crumpled to the floor.  The backs of his knees had not yet fully recovered from the cuts that Yuki had delivered the night that he was caught.  He was still unable to support his own weight.

"He's not talking anymore," Leetuk said, grabbing the back of the man's shirt and pulling him off the floor and back onto the chair, "after Jinki got all that information out of him, this guy clammed up."

"Oh, we'll get him to talk," Yuki said dangerously.  She walked towards the man, who held his chin up proudly.  

"You won't be able to get anything out of me, girl," the man rasped, "if those two men couldn't, you won't be able to either."

"I don't think you know who I am," Yuki said in that same dangerously low tone, "I'm the person that single-handedly destroyed half of the gang members assigned to protect you.  I managed to fool you and capture you with minimal difficulty.  Yet. . . if you still insist that I am incapable of getting what I want from you, then we have a little problem."

The girl grabbed a dagger that had been sitting on the metal table.  "Remember what I did to your legs the last time we met?" Yuki asked, holding the dagger in front of the man's face, "I'm not really one for torture, but if you push me, I will make sure you regret the day that you came into existence."  The spy's face blanched slightly at the threat, but he remained silent, refusing to bow at the hands of a female.  Still not convinced, huh? Yuki thought to herself, maybe a little extra motivation ought to do the trick.

"You don't really have to answer to me," the girl said, setting the dagger back down and leaning against the table.  The North Korean raised an eyebrow at the girl, confused by her sudden mood-swing.  Even Leetuk looked at Yuki oddly.  What is she up to. . .? he wondered.  "Yeah," Yuki continued, "I'm sure the North Korean generals would be VERY understanding if we decided to take you back.  ESPECIALLY after you failed your mission.  Oh, and I'm positive that they would welcome you back with open arms after discovering that you supplied us with information before you clammed up."

The spy's face turned completely white.  Yuki smirked mentally in victory once she saw the man's reaction.  She knew that North Korea's spy base would do MUCH worse than kill the man if he were to return.  The fact that the North Korean spies typically didn't hold many emotional ties to their country didn't hurt either.  "Looks like you have one of two options," Leetuk observed, finally understanding Yuki's plan, "and your choice should be pretty damn obvious."

The spy remained silent.

"Ah well.  Looks like he's not budging," Leetuk said.  Then he turned to Yuki.  "Tell the boys to get the helicopter ready-"

"OKAY I'LL TALK!" the spy finally shouted, "just don't send me back there!"

"Good boy," Yuki said with a sardonic grin before standing up.  "I'll call Jinki in here," she told Leetuk.

"ing ," the North Korean spy muttered.  Yuki stopped and turned back around.

"Wanna say that to my face, er?" the girl asked, pretending to reach for the dagger again.

"Nothing!  Nothing!"

Coward, Yuki thought inwardly.  Without another word, she exited the room and walked into the observation side of the space.  The observation section of the interrogation room was much more elaborate that the room Yuki had been in previously.  Right beneath the window, multiple lights flashed and the sounds of subtle beeping could be heard as different laptops and speakers ran.  Taemin was manning the technology, adjusting the volume here and there and checking the different screens.  Key was sitting at one of the desks, diligently taking notes on any important information that the spy said.  Jonghyun was picking out different weapons that Jinki and Leetuk could use on the spy to get him talking.  Minho had been leaning against the wall and watching the spy intently.  

"You can go in now, Jinki," Yuki told the older boy, "I think he'll be more than happy to provide us with some solid information now."  

"Well done Yuki," Jinki said with an impressed look, "you would work well as an interrogator."

"Not," Yuki scoffed, "you and the rest of the Interrogation department are infinitely better at this stuff than me.  The only reason he started talking was probably because you guys probably wore him down before-hand.  I just provided the final push.  Plus. . . interrogation's not my style.  I prefer being out in the open."

"Yeah, you know," Key said in annoyance, "anything dangerous has your name written ALL over it."

"Don't you know it," Yuki retorted, winking, "have fun, Jinki."

Jinki nodded and, after grabbing a few of the weapons Jonghyun had presented to him, walked into the interrogation room.  Yuki sighed quietly, running a hand through her hair and crossing her arms.  Minho looked at the girl curiously.  Walking over, he touched her shoulder lightly.  Yuki jumped, slightly startled.  She never gets scared like that. . . Minho thought.  "Did you need something?" Yuki asked, not looking directly at Minho.

"What is up with you, Ice Princess?" Minho asked bluntly.

"It's nothing," Yuki said quickly, "I'm probably just tired."

Why do I even care? Minho asked himself, her worries shouldn't concern me.

"I don't think you're just tired," Minho said.  Yuki let out another frustrated sigh.

"This spy business is bothering me.  I just keeping thinking. . . if we hadn't stopped him in time. . . North Korea could have defeated us easily.  Imagine how many lives-"

"We caught him, didn't we?" Minho asked, "we took the money and the spy's not going back anytime soon.  The deal is void.  An official agreement was never made.  Everyone is safe."

"For how long, Keroro?" Yuki suddenly yelled.  Everyone inside the observation room jumped.  Minho took a step back, surprised by Yuki's sudden outburst.  "We spend our whole lives fighting and protecting this country.  So many of us risk our lives out on the field every day!  Some of us don't even come back!  And for what?  The people we're trying to protect are only safe for a while.  It only takes a little bit of time for more enemies from more places to come back and put the entire country at stake!  And even if we DO stop them, even if we DO lose men in the process, does anyone outside of us recognize those who died?!  NO!  Instead, our own men turn against us!  We lose more people and our secrets are put on the line because of some bastards that decide that they don't want to be part of S.M.!  SO DON'T ING TELL ME THAT EVERYONE IS SAFE!"

With that exclaimation, Yuki slammed her fist against the wall and stormed out of the room.

There was silence for a few seconds.

"What the actual ?" Minho said in confusion, "where did all of THAT come from?"

"Um. . . you're going to have to forgive her," Jonghyun muttered, "she's been a bit touchy ever since. . ."

"Since what?" Minho asked in confusion, "what happened to her that I don't know about?"

"Realistically, we aren't the ones that should disclose this to you.  It's Yuki Noona's business.  It's her story to tell," Taemin said sadly as he turned back to his screens.

"All we can tell you is this," Key said, "Yuki didn't always work alone at S.M."

Without another word, Minho ran out the door to follow after Yuki.  He had passed Jinki, who was coming into the observation room after finishing his interrogation.  "Hey guys!" Jinki said, "where's Minho going. . .  Why do you all look so bothered?"


Things are starting to heat up now, hm?  Soo. . . I'll cut to the chase since I asked you all to read this:

Um. . . I wanted to know if it was possible for you guys to help me promote this fanfiction?  You know, by telling your friends or spreading the word in whatever way. . .  As selfish as this sounds, I really want to get this fic as out there as possible.  This is a long shot. . . but. . . I want to see it maybe even featured.  I actually put a lot of effort into the story line and I guess I have some hope for it.

It's COMPLETELY up to you if you want to promote/advertise.  I'm not forcing anyone to do anything of course, but I thought I'd just run the idea by to see if anyone was willing to help out.

That was it, really.  Thank you for reading!  Thank you to all my current commenters, subscribers, and up-voters!  I'll see you guys with another chapter next week!

Please continue to comment and subscribe!  And thank you in advance to anyone that's willing to help me out with getting this story noticed!!

New subscriber!! ^_^  Thank you for subbing!!! <3

 

416926

kawaiianimae

New Up-Voter!!  Thank you SOOOOOOO much!!! <333

416926

I WILL NOW PROCEED TO SPAM YOU ALL WITH JINKI GIFS FOR OUR BELOVED LEADER'S BIRTHDAY! XD

      

     

       

 

Oh Jinki. . . .  Ah well, what can we do?  From all Shawols to you, Lee Jinki, we love you!  ^_^

~Yuki