Chapter 71: Fearless

S.M. Spies

ATTENTION: PLEASE GO LOOK AT THE CHARACTER INTRO CHAPTER!!! (FIRST CHAPTER OF THIS STORY LABELED "THE PROTECTORS") WITH HELP FROM KOREANGAL5 (AKA MY EOMMA), IT HAS BEEN REVAMPED AND LOOKS SUPER AWESOME SO PLEASE GO CHECK IT OUT <3


Her sword cut through the last attacker like butter. Yuki wiped the sweat from her forehead, surveying the carnage around her. Blood was spattered across the floor, multiple bodies littering the surface. "Training complete," A.R.G.A.I.S. said, "enemies defeated."

"Thanks, Argais," Yuki said calmly and the blood and bodies disappeared. She nodded to herself silently. You're improving, she told herself, this is good. Very good. 

Yuki had gone on two missions since her conversation with the SHINee boys. They were low on the danger scale:  one, a simple undercover rendevous with a spy Soo Man had sent into an underground drug den, and the other, mapping out a potential hide out for unwanted visitors. Yuki wasn't an idiot; she knew Soo Man was holding back on giving her serious assignments. She chose not to argue however, mainly because she herself wanted to make sure that she was both mentally and physically prepared to take on more challenging missions. 

Yuki sat down, leaning against the wall of the now white Simulation Room. Training was fine and all, but Yuki wouldn't know how prepared she was for a difficult mission unless she actually participated in one. Yes, she didn't argue with Soo Man about her lack of assignments, but recently, she had been itching to test out her skills again. Things had been getting. . . well. . .boring. The rest of her team was always on one assignment or the other, usually with Minho running alone. The thought of Minho taking on dangerous assignments by himself terrified Yuki to no end. The first time he had done it, Yuki had nearly torn her hair out because she was so worried. It was then that Soo Man agreed to have Minho run missions with Kris rather than fly solo.

Yuki blew out a puff of air. She had been meaning to ask Soo Man if he had anything for her to do for a while now, but she always stopped herself. Yuki shook her head. No more doubt, she thought, you're ready for this. The girl gave herself a quick mental pep talk before standing up. I should get a copy of my training reports and instructor reivews, Yuki thought to herself, that way I can show Soo Man how much I've improved. With a quick nod to herself, the determined girl head off.

"Things aren't looking very good, Minho," Soo Man said with a sigh, "the tensions between the North and South are increasing. Everyday, Geun-hye feels as though it's more likely that another full scale war with break out." Minho nodded curtly, watching his superior pace back and forth. "She's relying on us, Minho," Soo Man continued to press, "you know that."

"I am aware," Minho replied stiffly, "but I'm unsure of what you're asking of me at this point."

"You've seen the status updates. The Gadgets Department has managed to create new gear based on the equipment you gave them from the last time you went to North Korea. We know where the heart of the North Korean base is. We have a general idea of where their super computer is. Minho, we can turn the tide on this war. We just have to go back."

"But you won't let me go back alone," Minho said, his eyes probing Soo Man. The elder man sighed.

"No," he replied, "if you go back, there has to be two of you. Minho, almost all of North Korea knows your face by now. It's too dangerous to send you alone. At least if you get caught, there's someone else there who can help get you out."

"But if you send two of us, there's a larger chance of losing two good spies."

"That's a risk I'm going to have to take. I just can't decide who to send with you."

"Kris and I seem to make a good team." Please don't say it. Please.

Soo Man shook his head. "I don't doubt Kris' capabilities as a spy, but his speciality is weapons and long range kills. We need someone who's better at stealth and up close confrontations."

"Then maybe Changmin?" Pick anyone else. Anyone.

Again, Soo Man declined. "Changmin is on a separate assignment in China. If we run this mission, we have to do it within the next two weeks. I don't have many available field spies at the moment. . ."

"What about Rain? Or Siwon? Or Kangin?" Don't say her name, please don't say her name.

Soo Man raised an eyebrow. "I'm starting to think that you're just pulling names from the top of your head at this point, son."

"Yeah, but it seems like he's said everyone's name except for mine."

Minho whirled around. Yuki leaned against the threshold of the Main Office, looking at the two. "Sorry," she said, not really sounding sorry at all, "the door was unlocked and I forgot to knock."

"Absolutely NOT," Minho growled ferociously.

"How long have you been there for?" Soo Man asked.

"Long enough," Yuki said, "Keroro needs a partner to go back to North Korea so we can turn the tide and stop an all out war. Who better than me?"

"NO," Minho pressed. He turned to Soo Man. "Soo Man-ssi, you can't let her. She's not ready yet."

"I'll let Soo Man-ssi decide whether or not I'm ready," Yuki snapped as she walked towards her superior and handed him her papers, "these are records of my training missions and instructor reviews since I've returned to S.M. I'm sure you'll be pleased with the results." Soo Man took the papers from Yuki and flipped through them, looking through every assignment.

"Soo Man-ssi, you can't seriously be considering this," Minho said, a tinge of desparation in his voice.

"Why can't he?" Yuki demanded, turning to face her partner, "I'm ready. I can do it. Hell, I want to do it."

"Ice Princess," Minho said, voice shaking, "you can't go back there, not after what happened. I. . . I won't let you!"

"Oh, you won't LET me?" Yuki asked, eyes hard, "just TRY and stop me. I am NOT letting you go with anyone other than me. We have the best chance of going in and getting out alive, Keroro. We know the blueprints of the place like the backs of our hands. We can do it."

Before Minho could argue further, Yuki turned her attention back to Soo Man. "As you can see, Soo Man-ssi, I've managed to excel at even the most difficult training sessions. The instructors no longer have any complaints regarding my stealth and fighting style. They think I'm perfectly capable-"

"And what do YOU think, Agent Bul?" Soo Man asked calmly, interrupting the girl. Yuki stopped short.

"Sir?"

"You haven't been on a high risk assignment in quite a bit. Regardless of your physical fitness, do you think you are mentally ready to go on this mission? I am aware of the. . . issues you have. Agent Bul, I can't risk a screw up on this assignment. If you can't handle it-"

"I understand, sir," Yuki said, standing tall, "but I'm telling you that I am prepared to take on this assignment. I understand how important it is and I want to help. And I KNOW I can help. I'm ready to do this." Soo Man nodded, then closed the file that Yuki had given him.

"Then I don't see the problem," he said simply, "we'll begin preparations immediately."

"I HAVE A FEW PROBLEMS TO LIST!" Minho said, practically fuming.

"Agent Choi," Soo Man said, "I understand your concerns, but-"

"Uh, Soo Man-ssi?" Yuki asked, interrupting the older man, "I think I'll handle this one." Soo Man looked at the girl and nodded.

"Very well," he said, "I'll give you two until tomorrow. We start planning in the morning. I'll inform the rest of your team."

"Thank you, sir," Yuki said, snapping a salute and grabbing Minho by the arm, "we'll report in by 8:00 am, sharp."

Soo Man nodded and watched as Yuki dragged Minho out of the room. He sighed and sat back down at his desk. "I really hope this works," he muttered to himself.

"What the hell is your deal?" Yuki demanded once she closed the door of an empty training room.

Minho glared at her. "You know EXACTLY what my deal is," he said, "I don't want you going back there."

"Why not?" Yuki asked, staring the boy down, "this is what I signed up for when I joined S.M. Or do you think I'm not capable of tackling this mission?"

"I'M NOT TELLING YOU TO NOT DO YOUR DUTY OR THAT YOU'RE INCAPABLE!" Minho shouted, his patience spent, "THIS ISN'T ABOUT THAT!"

"WHAT IS IT ABOUT THEN?!" Yuki shouted back.

"DON'T TRY TO IGNORE WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU DURING OUR LAST MISSION TOGETHER!" Minho said. He stopped speaking for a moment, trying to control his anger. "Ice Princess, what happened in North Korea. . . what. . . what I did to you. . . what you had to deal with. . . I can't let you go through that again."

"Keroro," Yuki said, "you told me yourself once: it's my fear versus people's lives. I have to do this. We're the only ones that stand a chance."

Minho opened and closed his mouth several times, surprised by the fact that Yuki used his own words against him. "But-"

"Shh," Yuki put a finger to the boy's lips, "you know I'm right."

Minho frowned against the girl's finger. "Hardly," he mumbled.

"Hey," she said, "we're a team, remember? I've barely been able to handle seeing you go on missions without me. We work well together. We can do this. You know me and you know I can handle it."

Minho sighed. He took Yuki's wrist lightly and moved the girl's hand to his cheek, leaning against it. "I know," he said, "I'm just. . . worried."

Yuki smiled gently. "Don't be," she said, "we're the Dynamic Duo, right? I've started to trust you again. All that I ask is that you trust me now. As long as we work together and trust each other, nothing bad will happen."

Minho nodded and leaned forward, placing a quick kiss on Yuki's lips. "I'll have your back no matter what. You know that, right?" he asked, looking into his girlfriend's eyes.

"Of course I do, just like I'll have yours. Now come on, we have a war to stop."


It looks like Yuki's not ready to give up just yet! Brace yourselves as our Dynamic Duo get ready for Round 2 against North Korea! What challenges will they face this time around? Will Yuki be able to handle it? Will Minho? CONTINUE READING TO FIND OUT!

P.S. I HOPE YOU LIKED THE NEW CHARACTER INTRO PAGE.

Without further ado, let's welcome the new flurries!! We got quite a few! :D WOO MILESTONE OF 121 SUBS!!!!

teabaee
teabaee 
 

 

 

PLEASE CONTINUE TO SUBSCRIBE, COMMENT, AND UP-VOTE EVERYONE!!! I REALLY APPRECIATE ALL THE SUPPORT! <3

~Yuki