Chapter 39: Keroro's Concern

S.M. Spies

Yay!  Another chapter up!!  ~I hope you don't mind all the fluff, guys!  The catharsis was necessary~ <3


Yuki tried to cover her face with one of her hands as Minho wheeled her into S.M.

Yes, wheeled.

When Yuki had been discharged from the hospital, she had made the mistake of swinging her legs off of the hospital bed and attempting to walk.  The result:  her crashing to the floor.  It was to her immense horror that Insu immediately assigned her a wheelchair.

"Oh god. . ." Yuki said as Argais granted Minho permission to enter the building.

Minho chuckled.  "Brace yourself, Ice Princess.  Everyone's about to go bat insane."  Then, he walked through the doors.

"YUKI?!"

"UNNIE?!"

"NOONA?!"

"WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO YOU?!"

"ARE YOU OKAY?!"

Yuki tried for a smile and waved to her fellow spies.  This had to be one of the most humiliating moments of her entire life.  Out of nowhere, the other SHINee members and all of EXO arrived and began steering the other spies away from Yuki, assuring them that the girl was fine.  Yuki mentally thanked them as the crowd dispersed.  Minho continued wheeling the girl down the lobby.  Then, Yuki heard a very distinct mumble.

" got what was coming to her.  Minho Oppa should just push that wheelchair off of a hill."

Who else would say something like that except S.M.'s most prominent temptress and y beauty queen, Sohee.  

"Keroro," Yuki said, "I need you to let go of my wheel chair for a sec.  There's something I need to take care of."  Minho looked ready to rebel.  "Please," the girl finally said.  Minho reluctantly released Yuki's wheelchair.  The girl took a deep breath and slowly lifted herself from her wheelchair.

It hurt like hell.  

There was a profound silence as Yuki stood up.  "Ice Princess, what the are you doing?!" Minho hissed.  Yuki raised a finger.  Slowly, she painfully limped towards a sneering Sohee.

"Look," Yuki said, her eyes burning with anger, "I really don't know what the your problem is with me, but whatever it is, you need to hash it out right now.  It's taken a lot of my self-control to keep from snapping and breaking your pretty little face because of all the things you've said to me ever since I've joined S.M.  As members of S.M., we aren't supposed to hate each other.  We don't want to tear S.M. apart from the inside."  Yuki raised her voice.  "This is for all the girls in S.M. that have a problem with me.  Either come up to me and talk about it or continue silently hating me.  I don't give a either way.  But if you try to mess with me, I will NOT remain silent.  Just because I don't say anything doesn't make me a coward.  Is that clear?"

There was silence.  Sohee never looked so frightened in her life.  There were other girls around the room that were as scared as Sohee.

They spouted crap about Yuki all the time.

They never expected her to retaliate.

"I said, IS THAT CLEAR?" 

Sohee and a few other girls jumped a little in fright at the pure fury written on Yuki's face.  Sohee nodded her head several times and took a step back.  "Good," Yuki said.  The crowd dispersed Minho smirked.  Not bad, Ice Princess.  Not bad at all.

At least, that was what he had been thinking before he saw Yuki wobble unsteadily.  He was at her side in a flash, catching her before her legs gave out.  Yuki's arms wrapped around Minho's neck instinctively.  There was a few heartbeats of silence.  Yuki couldn't keep the blush out of her cheeks at the close proximity between herself and Minho.  The other and EXO boys surrounded them instantly, worry etched on their faces.  

"Paboya," Minho said, rolling his eyes.  Without warning, he picked Yuki up, bridal-style.

"Y-yah!" Yuki hissed, "knock it off!"

"It's your fault," Minho said nonchalantly, "if you stayed in your wheelchair, I wouldn't be doing this.  Don't act like you're not enjoying it."

"YAH!"

Maybe a little. . . 

"Ahem," Minseok said, smirking lightly.

"What?" Minho and Yuki asked.

"Are you gonna put Yuki back in her wheelchair, Minho?  Or are you going to keep holding her like that?"

"O-of course he's going to put me dow-"

"Nah, I'm just gonna carry her.  I know she's going to try to stand up again if I put her down," Minho said, interrupting Yuki.  The EXO and SHINee boys roared in laughter as Yuki hit Minho's chest.  The boy ignored her and continued walking to Soo Man's cabin.

Yuki would be lying if she said that Minho holding her so protectively bothered her.  If anything, she had to resist curling up against Minho's chest and falling asleep.

When he arrived at the door to the Main Cabin, Minho took a step back, preparing to turn the door handle with his foot.

"I got it, show-off," Yuki said, rolling her eyes, "at least let me do that much."  Minho let out a small chuckle but allowed Yuki to lean out of his hold and open the door.  Minho and Yuki both lowered their heads in greeting.  Soo Man raised and eyebrow at the sight of Minho carrying Yuki.  The corners of his lips curved upwards at the sight.  "Forgive me, sir," Yuki said, blushing, "it's just-"

"She wasn't staying put in her wheelchair, so I had to carry her," Minho finished, easily carrying the girl to the chair in front of Soo Man's desk and carefully setting her down.

"Thanks," Yuki mumbled.

"No sweat," Minho replied.

Soo Man walked towards Yuki and put a fatherly hand on her head.  "I'm glad you're all right, Yuki," he said, smiling.  Yuki saluted him.

"Thank you, sir.  The target has successfully been detained.  BTS arrived on the scene to tie up loose ends.  Everything should be fine," she said, "the post-mission report-"

"Will be taken care of by me," Minho said easily.

"Will be split in HALF and turned in to you within the next two days," Yuki said firmly, "Keroro, my hands are still functioning.  I'm pretty sure I can still write a report."

"Actually," Soo Man interrupted, "according to what I've heard from the others, neither of you are permitted to enter S.M. until Yuki is healed."  Minho made no comment, knowing that he had agreed to take care of Yuki.  Yuki, on the other hand, was a different story.

"NO WAY!" Yuki rejected, "I can't NOT come to S.M.!  How am I going to train?!"

"Train?!" Minho repeated incredulously, "you can't TRAIN right after that injury!  Are you NUTS?!"

Up until that point, it had not fully hit Yuki that she would not be allowed to do the things that she usually did:  martial arts, working on her swordsmanship, target practice. . .

going on missions.

"Soo Man-ssi. . " Yuki said slowly, "when will I be allowed to go on another mission?"

"Not until you're cleared by the doctor," Soo Man said firmly, "which won't be for another two months."

"I'M NOT GOING TO SURVIVE THAT!" 

"You're going to have to," Soo Man replied with a stern look, "and Minho here will make sure you don't try to do anything foolish during your recovery."

Yuki slumped in her seat.  A whole two months of doing absolutely NOTHING?  I'm going to die. . . 

"You two are dismissed," Soo Man said, "get some rest.  Both of you.  Oh, and enjoy your. . . ah. . . bonding time."

Yuki peeked outside of her door timidly before smirking.  Ha!  Coast is clear. . . she thought, taking a step outside of her room.  Her back still pained slightly, but not too much.

It had been a few weeks since Minho had started taking care of her.  Instead of the constant arguments that many were expecting (including you, lovely readers. keke), the time Minho and Yuki spent together had been filled with laughter, slight scolding, occassional whining, and playful arguments.  No one would ever believe that these two were the same Minho and Yuki that hated each other as children.  Sure, occasional insults were tossed around here and there, but they no longer amounted to violent arguments.  Instead. . . they ended in laughter.

The girl behaved as if she were on a mission: checking every nook and cranny before moving to a certain location, making sure she made absolutely no noise, etc.  Yuki had managed to make it to the kitchen before finally straightening up in triumph.  "Finally," Yuki muttered happily as she walked towards the dorm's front door, "I win."  The girl opened the dorm's door slightly,

only to have another hand slam it shut.  Yuki jumped in surprise and whirled around, flattening herself against the door and raising her hands in front of her defensively.  She looked into the milk chocolate brown eyes of her partner, whose face was only inches away from her own.  She flushed unconsciously.

"Not this time," Minho said cheekily, "I believe I win again, Ice Princess."  Yuki frowned.

"God damn it," she muttered.  She yelped as Minho scooped her up easily and carried her back to her room.  

"Face it, Ice Princess," Minho said as he gently laid her back down on her bed, "I'm too good at this."

It was during the first week that Minho noticed how awful Yuki felt about being cooped up inside her room.  It was then that he came up with the brilliant idea of a game between himself and her.  If Yuki could manage to make it outside of the dorm without Minho's knowledge, she would win.  Minho won if he caught her before she could step outside the dorm.  Minho found this game to be ideal for Yuki's current state because it would allow her to keep her basic spy skills honed while also providing entertainment for the two of them.

Yuki crossed her arms stuck her tongue out at the boy.  "Yeah, yeah.  It's just because you have nothing better to do than watch me all the time."  Minho turned a very light shade of pink, but ignored Yuki's comment.  He sat down next to her.

"You did well," he commented, "I didn't even notice that you had left your room until I saw your shadow near the front door." 

"," Yuki cursed, "I should have known that the light would give me away."  Minho chuckled.

"It was a good attempt anyways."

"Kerorooooo," Yuki whined, "why can't I just go outside??"  Minho rolled his eyes.

"Ice Princess," he said, "I already told you.  The doctor said you're not allowed to strain yourself.  And I know YOU.  If we were to go outside right now, you'd start running around like a psycho."

Yuki pretended to look affronted.  She put a hand to her chest dramatically.  "I would do no such thing!" she said idignantly, "sweet little me?  Running around like some. . . boy?  Impossible!" 

The pair burst out laughing.  "Right," Minho said sarcastically, still chuckling, "now, it's time to take your medicine!"

"YUCK!  NO!" Yuki said, scrunching her nose.  Yuki could take pill medication, no big deal.  But when it came to syrup. . .  "That 's nasty!" the girl said, firmly shutting after that statement.  Minho sighed.  This had become a daily scene to him.

"Ice Princess," he said, getting up to pour the foul-smelling liquid into a tea spoon, "come on, don't be stubborn.  You know you have to take it if you want your back to heal properly.  You've been doing so well these past few weeks.  You're almost better!  Can't you bear with it for just a couple more days?"

Yuki kept her lips firmly shut and pulled her blanket up to her nose, glaring at Minho as she childishly shook her head from side to side.  Minho couldn't help but smile.  Hehe. . . she looks so cute. . 

"Aw, come on, Ice Princess," Minho said, walking towards the girl with the teaspoon in his hand, "just open up.  It'll be over before you know it."

"Mm-mm."

"Ice Princess~"

"Mm-mm."

"Yes."

"Mm." [A/N:  She's saying "no" with shut xP]

"Yes."

"Mm."

Minho gave Yuki his best puppy dog eyes, but the girl refused to budge.  However, without Minho's knowledge, the girl secretly smiled at the cute look on his face.  

"Aish. . . jinjja?  Are you really gonna make me do this the hard way?"

Yuki gave Minho a cautious look before scooting over to the far side of the side.  Smirking, the boy expertly balanced the teaspoon of liquid in his hand and climbed onto the bed.  Yuki gave him a what-the--are-you-doing look.  

"Giving you your medicine," Minho replied devilishly as he crept closer to the girl.  Yuki's eyes flashed to the open space next to her.  .  If Yuki HADN'T been injured, she would have jumped off the bed and made a run for it easily.

Unfortunately, that was not the case.  Yuki's heart stuttered unevenly as Minho came closer to her.  Once he was right in front of her, Minho cocked his head to the side, a smile tugging at the corners of his lips as he noticed Yuki's red face and wide-eyes.  

Then, without warning, Minho jerked the blanket away from Yuki, causing the girl to gasp in surprise.  Minho took advantage of Yuki's gasp to quickly deliver the medicine to her open mouth.

Yuki sputtered as the bitter tasting syrup made contact with her taste buds.  She made a noise of disgust [A/N:  It sounded like this.  Skip to 2:31.  YOU WILL NOT REGRET THIS xP].  Minho found the noise so adorable and funny that he started laughing.  Yuki glared at him, but she didn't look very serious considering she was still trying to wipe her tongue.  "Here," Minho said, still laughing as he threw her something.  Yuki caught the object instinctively; it was a candy.  Like a child, the girl eagerly opened the wrapped candy and popped it into , hoping to eliminate the bad taste in .  

"Better?" Minho asked once Yuki calmed down.

"God, I hate you so much."

"I know," the boy responded with a chuckled, "now go to sleep!  That medicine's gonna knock you out for a couple of hours."

"Neh, Umma," Yuki said with a roll of her eyes.  The girl felt her eyelids get heavy even as she spoke.  Without another word she rested her head on her pillow.  She was out like a light.  Minho smiled softly as he covered Yuki with her blanket.  He looked at her peaceful face and couldn't help himself.  

For the second time in his life, Minho placed a kiss on Yuki's forehead.  "I guess I really do love you, Ice Princess," the boy murmured with a small laugh.  He smoothed the girl's hair before stepping out of her room and silently shutting the door.

Minho was startled to find the other SHINee members sitting in the Living Room.  "Hey guys," he said, "when did you all get home?"

"A couple of minutes ago," Jonghyun said casually.  Minho's looked at his friends.  Something seemed. . . off.

"Guys. . . is something up?" he asked cautiously.

"Of course not," Jinki said, "why would you-"

"IS NOONA YOUR GIRLFRIEND YET, HYUNG?" Taemin suddenly blurted.  Key hit himself on the forehead.

"Way to go, Taemin," he said. 

"Erm. . ." Minho said, "I. . .think so?"  Instead of celebrating, everyone looked at Minho in confusion.  Key's eyes narrowed in suspicion.

"What do you mean 'I think so'?" he asked Minho.

The boy scratched the back of his neck.  "Well. . . considering all we've been through together. . . and how close we've gotten since I started taking care of her. . . and all of the obvious flirting I've been doing. . . I would assume we are. . . in a relationship?"

Jinki, Jonghyun, Taemin, and Key hit themselves on the forehead.  "You. . . are SO STUPID," Jonghyun said.

"What?!" Minho asked defensively, "what did I do?!"

"You haven't made it official yet?!" Key exclaimed.

"I mean-"

"Minho," Jinki said, pressing two fingers to his temple, "I thought Yuki said you were a ladies' man."

"I AM a ladies' man!  At least. . . I was. . ." Minho said.  I was until I met Ice Princess again.

"Hyung," Taemin said, "if you don't TELL Noona that you have feelings for her, she's not going to know!  Yuki Noona is CLUELESS in these types of matters!"

"Until you make it official," Jonghyun said, "Yuki's still single."

"WHAT?!" Minho exclaimed, "how can we NOT be in a relationship?  After everything that we've gone through?  Are you kidding?!"

"Well then, Romeo," Key said, "go tell her about your feelings quickly.  Before someone else tries to get at her."

"E-eh?!"

Taemin's phone rang.  The boy looked at the Caller ID and picked it up.  After conversing for a few short seconds, he hung up.  "Looks like we're being summoned back to S.M.  Not you, Minho hyung, but everyone else," Taemin said.  "Jinki Hyung, Leetuk hyung needs to speak to you regarding one of the inmates.  Jonghyun hyung, Kris hyung and you have to go continue working on the designs for that new chain gun you guys started brainstorming on.  Key hyung, Soo Man-ssi is supposed to have a conference with a delegate from Singapore today and you're the new translator."

"What about you, Taeminnie?" Jonghyun asked as he shrugged on his jacket.

"I've got to go meet up with Kai in the gadgets lab.  I forgot that we were discussing new designs together today," the boy replied, grabbing his keys.

"See ya later, Minho," Key said as he, Taemin, and Jonghyun exited.  Jinki hung back and turned to face Minho.

"Listen," he said seriously, looking Minho straight in the eyes, "you better be serious about Yuki.  I've heard enough about your reputation with women before this.  It's not that I don't trust you; it's just that Yuki means a lot to me and the others.  If you EVER hurt her, there will be dire consequences."

Minho nodded, gazing back evenly into Jinki's brown eyes.  "You have my word," Minho said, "I will never do anything to hurt her."  Jinki nodded and exited the dorm.  

Minho sat down on the couch and sighed.

"How the hell do I make things official?"


LOL, ohhhh Keroro. . . You're going to have quite a time with this, now aren't you?  Relationship progress!  SUCCESS! :D  ^_^  I hope you guys are enjoying the chapters so far!  I'm gonna put a little bit of focus on the pair's relationship for the next couple of chapters, just to make this story a little well-rounded :)  

Please do comment and give me feedback about my attempt!! <3

Without further ado:

Sooo, I lost a flurry :/  BUT I GAINED TWO NEW FLURRIES!  HAI~ <3  Welcome! ^_^  And thank you for subscribing! <3 :D

 

 

 

 

 

 

No new up-voters this time, but that's okay!! ^_^ :D

 

Please continue to comment, subscribe, and UP-VOTE!! :DDD ^_^  Plllleeeeeaaaaseeee~  LOL AND THANK YOU <3

 

See you all next Friday with another chapter!!  Love you guys!! <333

 

~Yuki