Chapter 36: Good-bye

S.M. Spies

Aww, lost a subbie :/  Ah well~  I'm sorry the story stopped intriguing you!!


Every boy had witnessed the heart monitor's line go flat.

It seemed as though in that one moment, everything had stopped.

Taemin, Kai, Tao, and Sehun backed away from the doors in horror.  Then the sobbing started.  

Key, Jonghyun, Baekhyun, and Luhan didn't even have the strength to move.  They simply slid to the floor and let grief overtake them.  

The leaders, Jinki, Suho, and Kris, who had promised to keep their cool for the sake of their teammates, could no longer contain themselves.  Jinki broke first.  The sobs that escaped his mouth were soon echoed by Kris and Suho.

The others were in similar straights of grief.  

Yuki.  Bul Yuki.  Friend, sister, Dongsaeng, Noona, family. . .

She was. . .

gone.

Coming into S.M., each of these boys had made a pledge.  They had sworn their loyalty to South Korea, they had promised that they would never reveal its secrets, they agreed that they would put their lives on the line in order to protect their country.  There was another promise that had been made.  One that seemed easy at first.  They had vowed to never let their emotions affect them when it came down to losing a comrade.

That day in the hospital, every single boy inside the room had broken that vow.

The only person that wasn't sobbing was Minho.  He looked. . . confused.  He continued to stare inside of the Operation Room, not really seeing anything at all.  Yes, he too had seen and heard the heart rate monitor go flat, but. . .

Ice Princess can't just be. . . gone.

Minho saw all activity inside the Operation Room stop.  He didn't move.  He saw the lead doctor check Yuki's pulse.  Still, the boy didn't move.  He watched as the doctor took off his surgical mask and cover his face with one of his hands.  Minho's face was blank.  He had finally, FINALLY realized who his heart lay with. . .

as soon as she had been taken away.

It wasn't until one of the doctors began to cover Yuki's head with a sheet that Minho snapped.

"NO!" he snarled, banging on the Operation Room's doors, "STOP THAT!  LEAVE HER BE!"  The EXO and SHINee boys looked at Minho in surprise.  They were all beyond sad, but they had not really expected Minho to be as upset.  When the doors wouldn't budge, Minho braced himself and rammed his shoulder against them.

WHAM!

The doors didn't budge.  Tears were pouring out of Minho's eyes relentlessly.

WHAM!

The doors still didn't budge.  "Minho," Key said, reaching an arm out to the boy.

WHAM!

The doors moved slightly.  

WHAM!

The doors were about to give way.

The fifth time Minho rammed into the door, he hit it with such force that they practically exploded open.  The doctors inside the Operation Room froze.  Insu had been about to cover Yuki's face.  "GET AWAY FROM HER!" Minho shouted viciously.  Some of the male nurses approached Minho and attempted to restrain him, but the boy was far past reasoning.  Using all of his strength, Minho flung off the nurses trying to hold him back.  Actually, he flung them straight into Chanyeol, Jonghyun, Kris, and Sihyun, who had all stood up in an attempt to stop Minho.  The four boys plus the male nurses tumbled straight out of the operation theatre.

Ignoring the other nurses and doctors, Minho pushed Insu away from Yuki.  "What the do you think you're doing?!" Minho shouted at him before turning back to the back.  He grabbed the lifeless girl's shoulders and began shaking her.

"Ice Princess.  Ice Princess.  Wake up.  They're trying to take you away but you can't leave me!  GOD DAMN IT, WAKE UP!" Minho kept shouting the same words over and over. 

"Hyung, stop it!" Taemin finally shouted through his tears.

It was then that Jinki ran inside, grabbed Minho and turned him around, and delivered a punch to his face.  "GET A GRIP, MINHO!" Jinki shouted, hoping to break through the boy's half-crazed persona.  He gripped the collar of the younger man's shirt.  "YUKI'S GONE!  DO YOU HEAR ME?!  SHE'S DEAD!  AND SHE'S. . . SHE'S NOT COMING BACK!"  Jinki choked over his own words, but he tried to remain firm.  He need to pull Minho out of his crazed stupor.

Minho, like Yuki, had always been a determined child.  Determined, Daewook would say, to the point of foolish obstinacy.

It should not have been too much of a surprise to Jinki when Minho pushed his leader away and faced Yuki again.  "Ice Princess," Minho said to the lifeless body, "you once told me that giving up wasn't in your nature.  What are you doing now, huh?  You stopped fighting?!  Is that it?!  You're leaving your friends?  You're leaving me?!  Who am I gonna annoy now, huh?!  Who's gonna be there to put me in my place when my ego gets inflated?!  Who's gonna be there to annoy the out of me?!  Don't you get it, Ice Princess?!

"I NEED YOU!"

Tao finally managed to creep up behind Minho and capture him in a headlock.  "Sorry, Minho Ge," the boy muttered.  With a swift yank, the boy managed to pull Minho backwards, away from Yuki's dead body.  A tear on Minho's eye, which had already been threatening to brim over, popped out with the force of Tao's pull.

The droplet of clear liquid fell through the air.

Finally, it landed on Yuki's cheek.

"Get OFF OF ME, TAO!" Minho yelled, fighting the boy.

"MINHO!" Sihyun said sharply, "YUKI'S NOT HERE ANYMORE!  SHE LEFT!  COME BACK TO YOUR SENSES, BOY!  CONTROL YOURSELF!"

A feral snarl ripped its way out of Minho's throat.

This boy would not see reason.  He shouted again as Tao yanked him backwards some more.

"I KNOW YOU CAN HEAR ME, ICE PRINCESS!" Minho shouted, more tears leaving his eyes, "YOU CAN'T LEAVE ME!  YOU JUST CAN'T!  NOT WHEN I'VE JUST COME TO REALIZE WHAT YOU MEAN TO ME!"

There was no other movement other than Minho's struggles.

"Oh, so you're gonna make me say it, huh?" the boy asked the girl's lifeless body scathingly.

Choi Minho had been with a lot of girls.  He was one of the most well-known players in Seoul's gangs.  But, with all the girls he'd been with, Minho had never acknowledged that he had feelings for any of them.  Honestly, he just hooked up with them for the hell of it.  Sure, he liked them well enough.  But he didn't like them enough to throw out a specific, three-worded phrase.

"Fine then!" Minho said, as he struggled.  He didn't not notice the paramedic standing behind Tao that was preparing a needle.

It was that space of time that allowed Minho to realize that he didn't like Yuki.

"BUL YUKI!" Minho shouted, taking the girl's real name for the first time,

"I LOVE YOU!"

There was a sharp pain in Minho's arm as soon as those three words left his mouth.  The paramedic had injected him with a sedative.  Tao released Minho as he stumbled.  The sedative acted quickly.  Minho's vision became hazy within seconds.  He stumbled towards Yuki's dead body.  He took one last look at her peacefully angelic face, knowing that the doctors would take her body away as soon as he became unconscious.

Fighting to remain conscious, Minho leaned over the hospital bed, over Yuki's face.

He placed a chaste kiss on the girl's forehead, before his consciousness faded.

"I. . .love. . you. . ." he muttered before the sedative knocked him out completely.

Minho eyes closed and he crumpled to the floor.  Good-bye, Ice Princess, was his last conscious thought.

The boy's body hit the ground.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And Yuki eyes shot open as wide as they could go as she let out a shuddering gasp.


I'M TRYING TO VISUALIZE THE LOOK ON YOUR GUYS' FACES, BUT I CAN'T.  PWAHAHAHAHA!

 

Is everyone happy again???  LOLOLOL <333  I'm an evil witch, I know.  BUT I COULDN'T HELP IT.  I had this planned from the start x)  

 

You guys know that I love you, right? <33  So so so much~~ ^_^  ehehe~

 

In OTHER news:  HOLY COW WE'VE HIT FIFTY SUBSCRIBERS.  I. . . I don't even know what to say.  I can only thank all of you from the bottom of my heart <3

 

ANYWAYS,  NEW SUBBIES!!  :D  WOW, FOUR NEW SUBSCRIBERS!!  This DEFINITELY makes up for the one I lost <3  Thank you guys so much!! :D

Oneul14
Oneul14 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AND A NEW UP-VOTER!! :O  THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! :DDDDD <333

 

432149


Oneul14

 

 

Please continue to subscribe, comment, and even UP-VOTE if you want!!! :DDD  I get really excited when I see new subbies, comments, and up-votes!!!!  <3333

All righty guys, that's all I have for you for now :)  I'll have another chapter up and ready for you by next Friday!!! ^_^ <3 :D

~Yuki